Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 875 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision & Marvel Renew Vows
3. Re: MMORPG Nov 12, 2005, 18:46 Bill Borre

Activision did not acquire the publishing rights to the MMORPG. Microsoft did.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2005, 15:20 Bill Borre

Put me down as another person with a story like nin's, Blue. I worked with a woman who had the surgery done, both she and her husband had it done, and she couldn't say enough wonderful things about it and definitely recommended it to me to get rid of my glasses. But, like you Blue, I'm still wearing the glasses.

News Comments > Sony's Free MMORPG Plans
5. Re: Confirmation that the GW model Oct 29, 2005, 14:57 Bill Borre

AS beat me to it. I'd guess that GW is doing ok from the bean-counter's standpoint. Hopefully, the new Sony game will be better than GW. I like GW more than EQ2 or WOW, but I think GW's combat system is pretty weak as the game is very easy to play with other people, just click-click-click over and over, so I hope Sony's new game will have a better combat system. Also, I'd prefer a more immersive, story-telling environment. The writing isn't bad in GW, but the voice-overs arn't convincing and if Sony's new game was like a mix between GW and the excellent writing of Morrowind, I think I'd really enjoy it.

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
1. "What kind of money can you make in the Oct 21, 2005, 13:51 Bill Borre

$9.00 an hour as a QA tester for Activision in Santa Monica, CA. And then get let go, just before the holidays.

News Comments > Spielberg Does Games
15. Re: Bleh Oct 14, 2005, 12:46 Bill Borre

Anybody remember The Dig?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Carpenter as spokesperson?! Oct 10, 2005, 22:01 Bill Borre

Sad to see him reduced to hawking games. I really enjoyed "Halloween" and "The Fog" when I was a kid.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
1. Gun Oct 9, 2005, 00:05 Bill Borre

The developer of Gun is Neversoft. Beenox is porting the Xbox code to the PC.

News Comments > etc.
1. Elder Scrolls IV Oct 2, 2005, 14:51 Bill Borre

Captain Picard, General Zod, and Boromir join Wonder Woman.

Now, THAT, would be a cool game...

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Winning Souls in Wow Sep 25, 2005, 18:52 Bill Borre

Yeah, I must be getting slow... I thought they were serious at first until I kept reading for a few minutes. Very bizarre website. The satire is understated and subtle at times. Perhaps they're British? And now for something completely different...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ultimate Spider-Man
4. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 22:39 Bill Borre

The PC version was ported directly from the Xbox code.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Why we walk and run vs hopping and skipp Sep 16, 2005, 08:06 Bill Borre

"Today, engineers at the Ministry of Silly Walks have released their latest research...

News Comments > Free MMORPG Offers
1. Advertiser Supported? Sep 13, 2005, 09:39 Bill Borre

I wonder if these things will ever get to the point where they are all advertiser subsidized and free to everyone like television.

News Comments > Competitions
3. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2005, 23:03 Bill Borre

I'm kinda surprised Anna won. She's a pretty gal, but I definately would have placed her behind a couple of the other enterants.

News Comments > Into the Black
22. Re: Blue get a Wrist support Aug 11, 2005, 09:27 Bill Borre

I've been working as a tester for Activision for the last five weeks. I have never had hand/wrist pain in my life, but since last week, I have. The project I'm working on pretty much necessititates the use of a gamepad for intuitive control 40 hours a week straight minus two breaks and lunch. I spoke to Volt about it, and they said they'd send me to a physician. Do your hands ever get used to the constant repetitive movements and this is just an adjustment period? Or, I'm wondering, since I'm about 20 years older than every other guy working there, am I doing serious damage to my hands/wrists and should look for other work?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2005, 22:43 Bill Borre

Well, I just hope the poster who told me that you "would not be able to play core characters like Spider-man, but could unlock their special moves if you do their quests" was incorrect. That would be an utterly moronic move by the dev team.

News Comments > Brave Dwarves: Creeping Shadows
8. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2005, 18:19 Bill Borre

This would be an AWESOME game if they combined the two genres AD&D and Kung Fu Action!

News Comments > Rent an MMO Character
6. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2005, 09:38 Bill Borre

I think this is an interesting idea, but the pricing would have to come waaaaaaaaay down for me to have any inclination.

News Comments > DC MMOG, The Matrix Online to SOE Confirmed
18. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2005, 09:20 Bill Borre

I cannot believe that Marvel or DC would do an online game where you could not be Superman or Wolverine. Probably how they are going to deal with the "500 Spidermans" problem will be a variant on the "instanced dungeon" where any given server may have 500 Wolverines, but only 1 will be seen by you and your teammates. If the devs chose this solution obviously every player in your team would need to be assigned a different character. The devs could deal with the "1000s of characters" problem by following the example set by UT2K4 and releasing a plugin for the Maya PLE. Sony could even charge for user created meshes that get downloaded from Station Exchange, making hosting user created content pay for itself, and possibly compensate the creators some as well. I'm sure that there are many people who would pay reasonable fees to assemble a collection of their favorite characters for online play.

News Comments > The Matrix Online to SOE?
9. Re: Would be good... Jun 16, 2005, 20:49 Bill Borre

"for 500 bucks you get to play as Neo for one day and kill anyone you want"

THAT is an interesting idea. Combine the eBay auction model with a game as integrated into the gameplay design structure. It may be a way to generate consumer-created game content that pays for itself. Probably five or fifty bucks would be more reasonable but if you're the one who suggests the gameplay mechanic that gets bid on, maybe you could get a cut of what is actually selected to appear in the game, and the game would actually pay you to play. So people who suggested the most interesting gamplay mechanics would essentially be getting their subscriptions for free and maybe even making some money.

News Comments > On Game Violence
24. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 09:58 Bill Borre

This guy should be designing games, not suing them. "Columbine to the factor of 10" Coming Fall 2005. Sorta like Dungeon Keeper, although your dungeon is replaced by a school yard and it's your job to kill as many innocent students as possible before the level ends.

875 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo