Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 855 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Voice Changer Jul 22, 2006, 15:41 Bill Borre

I find it unfornate that a girl playing an online game would feel uncomfortable with being herself enough to result to a transexual technological fix. When I first heard of this issue, I thought why don't they just turn off the audio feed?, although I can see how that would diminish the gaming experience. Perhaps the real answer is to play with people mature enough not to make a female member of the gaming community feel uncomfortable.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Microsoft robots Jul 22, 2006, 15:25 Bill Borre

I think these people could make alot of money developing a telepresense system with robots in famous geographical locations like Paris to view the Tower, pyramids, China's Great Wall, etc. renting out 15-30 time slots with mobile robots equipped with an internet video feed to walk around the great monuments and museums of the world. I wonder if I could patent this idea and make some bucks? I probably couldn't afford the lawyers to argue aggressively to pay me once these people start doing it.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
1. RE: Activision Jul 22, 2006, 15:06 Bill Borre

That's funny, I didn't play Spider-man 2 since I don't have a console, but when I was working at Activision QA on Ultimate Spider-man all of the other testers said to me that it was basically the same game.

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Announced
12. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 19:42 Bill Borre

Hopefully this game will be a better commercial success for the developer than the criminally underappreciated Undying.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: When Will Games Disturb Us? Jul 15, 2006, 16:01 Bill Borre

I'm disturbed by lots of uninspired games.

News Comments > New NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers
1. No subject Jun 23, 2006, 20:37 Bill Borre

Shouldn't this press release mention these are BETA drivers? Or is the BETA classification on drivers a non-issue?

News Comments > The Late Show
1. No subject Jun 3, 2006, 11:35 Bill Borre

The Spider-man 3 link goes to the Ultimate Spider-man video. Well, that answers a question I've always wondered about this site, do people reporting the news actually check these things to see if they work or do they just report them.

News Comments > The Early Show
2. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 20:51 Bill Borre

A Pink Floyd shooter sounds cool.

News Comments > Wild Summer Coming
11. Re: I grew up in Sun City! May 22, 2006, 20:28 Bill Borre

I think it is an interesting premise for a game, just because I think it would be so challenging to make a good game out of it. Bet it sucks.

News Comments > Lost Game Found
41. Re: Bring on the Irrational PC ports! May 22, 2006, 20:22 Bill Borre

Damn. Guess I'm the only one who read the title of this post and thought (as well as hoped) that it was a news item about an upcoming PC port of Irrational's The Lost.

News Comments > Saturday Matinee
1. Re: Movies Add-ons May 14, 2006, 09:59 Bill Borre

Starmaker was great for making different-looking people. I don't understand why we can't get a Costumemaker?

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Patches
7. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 13:26 Bill Borre

The framerate is pretty sad on a 7800 card. Anyone know if this patch speeds up the code any?

News Comments > Jade Empire PC
5. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 16:03 Bill Borre

Yay! I'll be picking this up. I was very disappointed when Microsoft attempted to strongarm Bioware fans into buying an Xbox by making Jade Empire exclusive. Guess I won't be purchasing Halo 2 either.

News Comments > Cellfactor Tech Demo
3. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 10:03 Bill Borre

Does anyone know if the addin cards will be PCI? Or will I need to buy a motherboard with two AGP slots if I want an addin physics accelerator card?

News Comments > T-BAR 3/4 Revealed
2. Re: TVAS-ADIUSOA 3,.341232412/3123 May 8, 2006, 09:59 Bill Borre

"Laid Back Gaming"

lol. Best Developer Name ever. 3D Realms ought to change their name to this.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. (All) Too Human? Apr 24, 2006, 20:54 Bill Borre

After being disappointed that Beyond Good and Evil had absolutely no Nietzsche in it, perhaps this is another chance?

News Comments > Cold Fear Tries to Scare Up Movie Deal
5. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2006, 18:43 Bill Borre

I don't know where they got that plot from, but that isn't the game I remember playing. There was nothing about a daughter. You are coast guard investigating a derelict. The monsters are some kind of scientific experiment gone wrong. I liked Cold Fear. It was very atmospheric, but quite short.

News Comments > Oblivion Patch/Content Plans
80. Re: deal with it Apr 7, 2006, 14:27 Bill Borre

Oh, come on. You all knew this was coming. Ultimately, you'll be paying for your entertainment by the minute. The internet and its succeeding technologies make this an economic reality. It's the wave of the future.

70. Re: horse mod Apr 7, 2006, 12:40 Bill Borre

I think a horse mod that would be worth paying for would be one that allowed you to fight on horseback. Or at least, allow the horse to slay those pesky wolves and bandits with a well-placed kick.

48. Re: No subject Apr 7, 2006, 11:55 Bill Borre

What's to prevent someone from justing torrenting B's horse mod? I saw them do that with NWN's Premium mods.

855 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo