Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 855 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2006, 19:36 Bill Borre

I enjoyed playing it for awhile, but I didn't finish it. It had sort of a design flaw where in order to progress through the game you had to buy up property, which could have been fun, if there were more ways to earn large amounts of cash, but the most profitable way to spend your time in the game were the drug runs, and they got repetitive.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 19:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Jack Palance Nov 10, 2006, 20:42 Bill Borre

I was just watching Palance in a MST3K movie posted on youtube yesterday.

"YES!!! I'm out of this movie!"

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Patches
14. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2006, 19:14 Bill Borre

I've got a 7800 card and had an odd experience with the game that I've never seen before in that the intial training level was fine with the default settings of high, but after I got to the village being attacked by the undead my FR slowed to a crawl. It works fine after lowering the settings, though. I'm surprised so many people here are slamming this game. I'm almost finished with it now, and I've really enjoyed it.

News Comments > JoWooD to Acquire DreamCatcher
15. Re: No subject Nov 5, 2006, 13:05 Bill Borre

I played the demo for Arx Fatalis and didn't care for it, so I didn't bother with the game, but people are saying Dark Messiah is similar to Arx Fatalis, and I'm enjoying Dark Messiah so do you think I should give Arx Fatalis a try? Sometimes demos don't do justice to the full game. I really enjoyed Painkiller. I can't wait to see what People Can Fly come up with next, regardless of who publishes it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. No subject Oct 23, 2006, 19:15 Bill Borre

The Marvel Universe.

News Comments > Terrorist Takedown: Covert Operations Revealed
9. Re: pity we can't see an alternative sho Oct 23, 2006, 19:06 Bill Borre

You might be interested in a book called "The Two Georges" where Washington makes a negotiated peace with the British.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: virtual worlds Oct 21, 2006, 19:27 Bill Borre

Tours of virtual worlds would probably be an interesting idea if they had some way of conducting the tours to show you the best experiences that the game world had to offer. I'm sure that the way the system works in practice is as enjoyable as touring the typical Calcutta slum.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm Date
4. Re: Spellforce 2??? Oct 19, 2006, 19:21 Bill Borre

Was Spellforce 2 even released in North America?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sam & Max Episode One
9. Re: 9 out of 10.. Oct 17, 2006, 19:17 Bill Borre

Is this the game that had the plug pulled on it late in development, or a completely new game with the Sam & Max characters?

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 19:18.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: How White and Nerdy Are You? Oct 15, 2006, 15:59 Bill Borre

30%. Who'd a thought X-men and D&D would count against me?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Warren Ellis Oct 14, 2006, 16:16 Bill Borre

Warren Ellis is the most overhyped writer since Stan Lee.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Scarface
3. Re: EA Newsletter ? Oct 10, 2006, 09:12 Bill Borre

Scarface is the game that GTA wanted to be.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: News at Seven Oct 8, 2006, 13:35 Bill Borre

News at Seven is cool! Get Alyx to give you the daily events. I'm pretty sure that more natural sounding text to speech applications are commericially available though. On second thought, I think I'd rather have Lara Croft.

News Comments > Marvel Universe Online Q&A
5. Re: Sep 30, 2006, 17:05 Bill Borre

You won't be able to play any of the main characters at all. They are doing this to avoid the "500 wolverines and spiderman" scernio, but personally I think they'd do better to structure the game to have a logon where you could specify which characters you'd want to play, and then it would look for a server where that character was currently a bot and allow you to take over that character.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 20:45 Bill Borre

I would think the military would be interested in the VR plane, as well as lawyers filing privacy lawsuits.

News Comments > Marvel Universe Online Announced
13. Re: ...and Windows Vista... Sep 27, 2006, 20:17 Bill Borre

@Jerykk

They announced long ago that players would do Spider-man's quests to unlock his signiture moves, which I agree think sounds pointless and uninteresting, though I've been a fan of the comics since '77.

News Comments > The History Channel's Civil War Announced
14. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 20:15 Bill Borre

My father really likes The History Channel. My brother and I used to refer to it as 'The Nazi Channel.'

News Comments > Carnage Announced
24. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 20:03 Bill Borre

Damn. I was hoping this was going to be a game where you get to be a bloody crimson symbiote running around slaughtering people...

News Comments > F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point Demo
37. Re: horrible as most pc games these days Sep 13, 2006, 19:48 Bill Borre

then the one room covered in blood where the lady comes in and explain 'anger management issues' and takes pictures in the original game

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. "There was alot of anger in this room." "No shit. How many degrees did you need to get this job?"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Star Wars II
12. Re: customized characters Sep 12, 2006, 20:02 Bill Borre

One of LEGO Star Wars II's most amusing new features is the Character Customizer. More than 60 playable characters, and their assorted heads, torsos, midsections and legs, can be unlocked throughout the course of the game. These parts can then be mixed and matched like actual LEGO minifigures to create the likes of Darth Threepio, Stormbacca or Ewok Organa -- there are literally millions of possibilities!

This would be a cool idea for a fantasy game where you could make new characters without having to build and import a mesh into the game engine and then animate it.

855 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo