Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 869 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Report: Microsoft to give free Win 7 Apr 7, 2009, 09:52 Bill Borre

So, basically, Windows 7 is the Vista patch?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Spiderman Comic Fail Apr 6, 2009, 11:56 Bill Borre

lol. Anyone know what issue that's from where Sandman is fisting Spidey?  

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Revealed
3. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 11:30 Bill Borre

I had the exact opposite impression when I read the notice.

survival/horror
Finally, an honest depiction of war.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Apr 3, 2009, 14:06 Bill Borre

I've had a terrible experience with this file this morning. I have updated drivers for my 7800 card on a different computer at least half a dozen times and never had an experience like this. When I clicked on the exe file it wiped out Nvidia information in the device manager leaving only the SVGA option. Then I compounded my misfortune by observing the check box for 'Do not use this option' and thought to myself 'Maybe if I select that, it won't use SVGA and will use instead Nvidia drivers that surely must have installed' but all I got after booting was a black screen. I tried booting off the XP disc and repairing the Windows install but now whenever I boot it it just hangs while displaying a message 'Windows Setup is completing' My previous driver version was .69 and guess there was too big of a gap between that and .825. My hard drive is 200 gigs, mostly full, and I don't want to reformat the disk and do a fresh install of Windows and I don't have a mirror. My game computer is now a big paperweight. Any suggestions?

News Comments > On Beyond Good & Evil 2
4. Re: On Beyond Good & Evil 2 Apr 3, 2009, 13:48 Bill Borre

lol. I would've preferred a less wordy Torment. I hurt my back in the warehouse in 2000 and then I made it worse by being unable to tear myself away from Torment while sitting with poor posture. Torment put me in Torment. I spent eight months in pain because I could not stop playing that game and reading through all that text. 2000 was not a good year for me.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2009, 13:27 Bill Borre

I don't understand why the law would not be amended to force TPB or other torrent tracker to keep user information. If the copyright owners lobbied for such legislation, then you would just be paying for your VPN until the new law and then you would just be back to the present day situation. It seems to me what the copyright owners really want is for ISPs to filter out torrents of copyrighted material and I'm surprised they don't lobby for such legal changes.  

3. Re: Cute modern warfare Mar 26, 2009, 07:58 Bill Borre

This made me more unhappy than entertained. The funny animals arn't so funny anymore.  

News Comments > Mob Ties Tokyo Ships, Demo
1. Re: Mob Ties Tokyo Ships, Demo Mar 23, 2009, 11:09 Bill Borre

I hope this game is better than Merchants of Brooklyn.  

News Comments > BioShock 2: Subtitle of Confusion
2. Re: BioShock 2: Subtitle of Confusion Mar 23, 2009, 11:07 Bill Borre

Since the subtitle is about the most important element in a modern video game, we will continue to pursue this burning issue to the depths of the oceans.

lol, Blue

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Announced
9. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 11:03 Bill Borre

I liked the first one but disliked the second one where most people seemed to have liked both. shrugs.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2009, 23:05 Bill Borre

I'm not so sure I'd want to accept the credit as being writer on Mirror's Edge.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Games Surpassing Films Mar 7, 2009, 20:38 Bill Borre

I think games surpassed films in storytelling potential back in the days of Wasteland and Bard's Tale.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Saints Row 2 Mar 5, 2009, 08:46 Bill Borre

I read your review, but I assume you were not reviewing the PC version, as there was no mention of the various technical problems. I'm running the game on a PC that is under spec, but I've gotten through 30% of the game before being stopped by missions with a timed element. Because my FR will often drop so badly I can't complete missions like Red Asphalt or shooting down the six helicopters since I need a minimum FR to aim or move fast enough to get to the end goal. This is really strange since a great deal of the time my FR is perfectly adequate on a P4 with a 7800 vid card. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere in the code causing the problem?  

News Comments > BioWare Montreal and Mass Effect 2
15. Re: BioWare Montreal and Mass Effect 2 Mar 2, 2009, 19:54 Bill Borre

You know that bug where the gun never cools down forcing you to restart

lol. That was a bug? I just thought that I couldn't figure out how to get it to cool off. It happened to me in the end-game boss fight and I was just running around avoiding his blasts yelling at my group-mates to hurry up and pick him off.

Am I the only one who thought the game was sorta dull? I guess the main story was ok, but I thought exploring the planets was pretty yawn-inducing. Hopefully they'll put more work into the exploration aspect in the sequel.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Feb 19, 2009, 21:54 Bill Borre

Is there anyone home?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Dante’s Inferno Protagonist Is... Feb 17, 2009, 09:39 Bill Borre

Someone did a mod for Neverwinter Nights based on Dante's Inferno which was quite like the book. You can probably still get it off nwvault.  

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 17, 2009, 09:29 Bill Borre

I never really understood the hatred directed at Deus Ex 2, but after slogging through FEAR 2 I think I can understand.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2009, 07:38 Bill Borre

Yahtzee must be bored with so little games to play that he's playing such an old title.  

News Comments > New GoldenEye: Source Beta
2. Re: New GoldenEye: Source Beta Feb 9, 2009, 09:57 Bill Borre

Yeah, I keep hearing what a great SINGLE-PLAYER game the original was, but as far as I can tell of this mod, it is multi-player.  

3. Re: UK University Feb 7, 2009, 17:10 Bill Borre

"This shit is worthless!"  

869 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo