Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 869 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Saboteur Not Really so Cuddly
1. Re: Saboteur Not Really so Cuddly Aug 19, 2009, 19:00 Bill Borre

Did anyone actually look at this? Does the site work? I put in a date over 21 and click 'enter site' and it just reverts to age verification.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Interplay Classics on Steam
8. Re: Interplay Classics on Steam Aug 19, 2009, 18:51 Bill Borre

Did they ever patch Sacrifice? The beginning and middle levels were balanced, but the difficulty towards the end was insanely hard. It just seemed to me that the QA process for that game was broken.  

News Comments > PC Modern Warfare 2 $60? [Updated]
4. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 $60? Aug 18, 2009, 09:57 Bill Borre

Whatever the market will bear.  

News Comments > Darkest of Days Demo
13. Re: Darkest of Days Demo Aug 11, 2009, 22:03 Bill Borre

Also when you are in the usa civil war and you are given a modern day assault rifle, why don't any of the soldiers surrounding you notice?

I never understand why dev teams ignore little details like this. It is the small touches that really add to suspension of disbelief for game atmosphere. All they needed was for one soldier to say something along the lines of "WTF is that?!?" or, even better, they could have worked it into the gameplay like a bunch of union troops are about to be overrun, and you run to them and open up on the rebs with the assault rifle and they cheer you wildly.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Interviews
1. Re: DC Universe Online Interviews Aug 10, 2009, 22:08 Bill Borre

I hope Marv is allowed to write better for the game than poor Len was on the Watchmen: The End is Nigh.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2009, 18:44 Bill Borre

If you actually receive a settlement offer, is there any way to determine if it is legitimate? Do you have any assurance that if you actually cough up four grand you won't immediately be hit with another one? In the dozens of articles I've read on this topic for years now, I have never seen those two questions addressed. I would think scammers would be having a field day with this since the American court system guarantees the RIAA freedom to extort.  

News Comments > Gazillion Gets Diablo Creator
1. Re: Gazillion Gets Diablo Creator Jul 21, 2009, 16:12 Bill Borre

oh God, I hope they do a good job on this. Back when Diablo first came out I was thinking to myself that if I had Bill Gate's money I would buy Marvel and dev studios like Blizzard and Westwood and force them to make games based in the MU.  

News Comments > East India Company Preorder Bonus
1. Re: East India Company Preorder Bonus Jul 17, 2009, 12:04 Bill Borre

The Pirate Bay Campaign will allow gamers to play for a faction used to loot what others have worked hard for, rather than creating anything of value themselves

oooooh, snap!

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 TMed
4. Re: Dante's Inferno Jul 14, 2009, 11:04 Bill Borre

Can any of you legal types out there explain to me how companies can trademark products based on works in the public domain? I've never understood that. For example, how do movie studios secure rights to all those different versions of Dracula? Don't they conflict with each other? They're all based on Bram Stoker's novel which is firmly in the public domain. Does the movie industry just conduct gentlemen's agreements amongst themselves that competing versions won't be released at the same time?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Sagat and Seth Jul 14, 2009, 08:56 Bill Borre

I don't know. Spending points to upgrade your ring with different abilities might be kinda fun. Especially if we get the opinion to go rogue and kick little blue guy ass all over the place.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2009, 10:24 Bill Borre

"an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away", it says: "Health promotion experts advocate five portions of fruit and veg a day and 30 minutes' physical activity three times a week. What about sex or masturbation twice a week?"

This statement does not appear consistent. How do you experience orgasm without sex or masturbation?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2009, 14:56 Bill Borre

I weep for Pepper's broken heart.  

News Comments > Mobilization
3. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 14:51 Bill Borre

Only technology can make scripted Laurel and Hardy real.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Movie
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Movie Jul 11, 2009, 10:18 Bill Borre

an "interrupt system" for ending tedious conversation

I wonder why developers put "tedious conversation" in the game? Is that a feature?

News Comments > New MechWarrior
7. Re: New MechWarrior Jul 9, 2009, 11:50 Bill Borre

one of those franchise reboots that the kids are all so wild about these days

I'm not so wild about it. Like the movie industry, it shows a distinct elimination of anything creative.

News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced
4. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 13:14 Bill Borre

see if can hold my attention for a bit.

That was my biggest problem with this game. I was able to focus on it long enough to complete with one character, but then I thought about trying to go through the 'evil' campaign, but just lost interest in playing. All the quests pretty much work out the same way in the game mechanics so it gets repetitive very quickly. Most games that have a good and evil campaign I have no problem playing through both sides. Sacred really needs better writers and designers that can hold the player's attention through compelling story-telling and game play design.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Asylum Movie
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Movie Jul 4, 2009, 11:55 Bill Borre

lol, Blue.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2009, 12:32 Bill Borre

Carnivorous Clock Kills Insects to Tell Time.

Someone's been reading "The Wasp Factory".

News Comments > The Guitar Hero of Movies
11. Re: The Guitar Hero of Movies Jun 29, 2009, 16:40 Bill Borre

They'd probably have better luck with something like this if it was aimed at music videos. Girls could record themselves dancing and singing with their favorite performers and upload the clips to youtube.  

News Comments > Dreamkiller Announced
2. Re: Dreamkiller Announced Jun 29, 2009, 16:35 Bill Borre

I'm reading a book called Dream Warriors by Graham Masterton right now which basically has the same premise.  

869 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo