Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 879 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: R.I.P. Jul 30, 2010, 11:38 Bill Borre

I didn't know people died in blowouts. I've had three of them so far and all three occurred at highway traffic speeds. I guess I've been lucky each time.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2010, 11:18 Bill Borre

The torrents are akin to advertising if you pay for the games you play. Wouldn't you rather have a DRM-free copy for your money?  

News Comments > Our Rotting Video-Game Heritage
2. Re: Our Rotting Video-Game Heritage Jul 29, 2010, 11:45 Bill Borre

Aw hell. Here I thought you were a cute Japanese chick.  

News Comments > EverQuest II Free Adventures
2. Re: EverQuest II Free Adventures Jul 28, 2010, 13:59 Bill Borre

How strange. Why not just make EQII F2P? Well, anyway I guess I can finally throw away my EQII disks. I thought it was a decent enough game to play if it ever went F2P as I would never pay a subscription fee to play a game. The landlord gets my rent, not my entertainment.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2010, 14:07.

News Comments > Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com
4. Re: Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com Jul 27, 2010, 12:10 Bill Borre

Are the VGA remakes already up?  

News Comments > 38 Studios' RI Loan Approved
4. Re: 38 Studios' RI Loan Approved Jul 27, 2010, 12:04 Bill Borre

Sleepy beat me to it.

industrial vibrator

Do I really want to know? Probably one of those internet things that I'd be better off living the rest of my life not knowing about.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2010, 19:06 Bill Borre

Blue, I literally feel your pain. I went to the beach yesterday and burned the tops of my feet pretty badly.  

News Comments > Console Transformers DLC Next Week, PC Uncertain
5. Re: Console Transformers DLC Next Week, PC Uncertain Jul 23, 2010, 12:23 Bill Borre

I thought it was great! Much better than that POS movie. The voice acting is spot on and it really feels like you're taking part in one of the cartoons.  

News Comments > Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Ep. 4 Released
2. Re: Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Ep. 4 Released Jul 20, 2010, 16:16 Bill Borre

I'll play it when the fifth episode is released. I just played through all five episodes of Tales of Monkey Island and was impressed with how well TellTale made a game in a supposedly dead genre.

I was thinking of these guys yesterday at the matinee watching Inception. I was wondering why there was no movie tie-in video game as parts of the film seemed to me to have been influenced by video game design. I bet the dev team at Telltale could have taken that film premise and gave us a better game than the film Nolan created. Or the Psychonauts team. The movie reminded me a bit of that, though obviously Psychonauts was tongue-in-cheek.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2010, 16:39 Bill Borre

I just got back from the theater. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since Jurassic Park, but you guys all spend alot of time playing these games like I do and I thought if you liked it I'd check it out. I've seen internet comments comparing it to Matrix, but the first movie I thought of was Total Recall. I'd characterize it as "Mission Impossible Meets Total Recall."

I thought it was ok. I thought the premise was strong, and I thought that they actually could have made a better movie from the premise.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Meet Milo: Microsoft's virtual four-year-old boy who acts just like a real child Jul 19, 2010, 12:03 Bill Borre

lol  

1. Re: Baskin-Robbins Jul 17, 2010, 16:15 Bill Borre

I remember I used to get apple pie ala mode from the store up the street when I was a kid. I kind of liked that one.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2010, 11:59 Bill Borre

The cartoonist omitted the principal on the right cartoon though. I worked as a substitute teacher for LA Unified a year and a half back in the mid-nineties and it really felt as though it was a three way gang-up of the students, parents, and administrators against the teachers.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Revealed
28. Re: Dragon Age II Revealed Jul 8, 2010, 15:48 Bill Borre

I think DA was more like Icewind Dale than BG.

Yah, me too. I liked DA, but I didn't think it had anywhere near the depth of BG.

News Comments > Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga Announced
6. Re: It wasn't that bad... Jul 8, 2010, 15:35 Bill Borre

I dunno. I just finished Prince of Persia 2008 and I feel like the devs gave us the choice between the bummer ending if you quit when the credits roll, or if you choose to continue playing after that, you get the even worse ending.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
12. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2010, 08:34 Bill Borre

It reminds me of that Star Wars RTS that came out years ago where one of the Empire's troopers states "I'm a soldier not a murderer." I wonder if that distinction is still relevant for the American military or if they're all Waffen SS now with none of the wermacht left.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Real ID
61. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 08:14 Bill Borre

lol. People tell me they don't believe this is my real name. Not that I'd play WOW anyhow...  

10. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 18:53 Bill Borre

The military is a strange organization. It's supposed to have rules, and yet we hear so much of this. They say it's your Duty to obey orders, but how can one have a duty to murder unarmed people? I think these soldiers could learn more about the concept of Duty by watching a performance of Antigone then by watching the American media.  

8. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 16:39 Bill Borre

Yeah, I guess "light 'em up!" just sounds cooler than "murder human beings in cold blood."  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Monkey Island 2 Special Edition Jul 7, 2010, 16:15 Bill Borre

I've been playing Telltale's Tales of Monkey Island. It's alot of fun.  

879 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo