Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1660 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision's EA Lawsuit Continues
5. Re: Activision's EA Lawsuit Continues Mar 17, 2011, 04:43 Rigs

Ugh, somehow I have a feeling that the writers for Law and Order: LA are considering this for one their episodes...blech!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Five Race 07 Expansions Announced
1. Re: Five Race 07 Expansions Announced Mar 5, 2011, 12:01 Rigs

Yeah, baby, finally, something new...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption
7. Re: Feb 26, 2011, 20:14 Rigs

Err, I think you misunderstood...(or I am)...what he meant was all common online sites, like STEAM, D2D, GamersGate, TRYOnline, Impulse...not OS platforms/consoles...though I'll give you that, it is a little confusing when said in that manner... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
24. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 01:25 Rigs

Some of those people will download a bug filled beta not because they can skip out on paying for it, but because they want a sneak peak of what's to come.

+1 ^This...

Exactly why I considered downloading and trying it. I bought the first Crysis and Warhead and enjoyed it. (Matter of fact, it was one of the reasons why I built two systems, a year apart. The first with an HD4870, the other with an HD5770, to see the difference in performance and thoroughly test and document it, along with other games released in the same time frame, such as FarCry2 and Fallout3)

Given it's, alleged, pre-gold (beta) status, I was extremely curious as to the performance of the new engine. Obviously, it would be buggy and probably have serious stability and performance issues, but it would be nice to see how the engine differed from the previous version and what new things they've done to that point. At no time, honestly, did I think it would be equal to buying the retail version.

Given the serious lack of demos being released nowadays (or console-exclusive), then it seems reasonable for devs and publishers to expect potential customers to find some way of gauging the performance (or 'worthiness') of a new game before committing to a purchase. I find it naive for publishers to publicly announce that downloading a full version of their game is just for the sole reason of not paying for it. While there are those that do that, there are many, many others that do it to find out if either their system will run it to begin with, and whether it is actually a product they wish to spend $40-$60 on. Given the strict and draconian 'return' policies of various game stores, it makes this argument all the more valid...

Also from the .nfo file:
Minimum system requirements:
-CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz
-VIDEO: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 3850 512 MB
-RAM: 2 GB for XP / 3 GB for Vista
-SOUND: DX-Compatible
-HDD: 9 GB

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
12. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 11, 2011, 22:30 Rigs

I can personally verify this...err, well, um, I mean I know a guy who personally verified it for me... Embarrassed

It is definitely being shared all over the freakin' place for the last few hours. At first it was thought to be a trick or hoax, but apparently someone's head is gonna roll for this one... *shrugs*

EDIT: From the .nfo -
FAQ: 1. This is the full version, but an early build, leaked to the network. You can run any level, there are rollers, etc. But it is visible that the beta – some of the inscriptions are not final, etc.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta
10. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 21:26 Rigs

You know what I want? A unified chat system across Steam, b.net, Impulse, etc, so that no matter what I'm playing, I can still communicate with my friends.

Well, why stop there, though? We have these different download services and have to use different apps for each one, why not combine them into one? Granted, it'll never happen and the reasons are pretty obvious, but still. IMO, the industry needs a unified service to go forward and evolve. Think about it for a second - Xbox LIVE is the best example of one service supplying what's needed for that whole part of the console gaming industry. Yes, there's Playstation Network (and I have a PS3 and use PSN), but LIVE is arguably a better service and really shows what a well designed download service can/could do...

So, right now we have a few on the PC side of things, and I'm curious of how everyone ranks them...I would imagine STEAM would be first on the list with 99.99% of gamers, but I'd really like to see how the rest pan out...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo This Month
7. Re: Dragon Age II Demo This Month Feb 2, 2011, 11:51 Rigs

No, no, seriously, Tumbler, I want to know how you feel about this!

I agree with you about 75%. I think that if they wanted to do some shitty deal with GameAchtung!, they could've wrote an internal fuckin' memo. This sounds to me like a ruse of sorts. Why announce it knowing full well that those of us who aren't employees would have a hissy fit?

Nope, definitely sounds suspicious to me. EA are idiots but they're not stupid...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2011, 14:27.

News Comments > The Rise and Fall of Interplay
7. Re: The Rise and Fall of Interplay Feb 1, 2011, 09:54 Rigs

As I have stated a few times in the past when Mr. Fargo's name or the disaster he caused comes up in the news, KA and the tragedy of it's post-release will forever be remembered by me and the KA fans and modders. I have also said in the past that I would one day write an article explaining the whole damn mess and I still plan to do so. I'm sure that the majority of the gaming public these days has no idea of the damage Fargo wrought during his reign. There are two things in my history of playing games that I will never forget or forgive - one was KA and the other was Babylon5: Into The Fire...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Rise and Fall of Interplay
3. Re: The Rise and Fall of Interplay Jan 31, 2011, 17:47 Rigs

Two words: Klingon Academy

Someone needs to snipe that arrogant son of a bitch...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
4. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 30, 2011, 16:10 Rigs

How exactly do you fuck the internets?

Well, you see, it's a complex process involving two servers who love each other very much and...

You know what, on second thought, maybe you should just buy the book instead...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Specs
15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Specs Jan 28, 2011, 21:41 Rigs

Indeed, I was gonna say as much, WoP has a great little single-player campaign. What's better though, is the IL-2 dynamic campaign generators. IL-2 always came with many missions but, at least in the early days of the series, there was no 'dynamic' play. I'm not sure if this was introduced later on (in Pacific Fighters and 1946, as, while I do own them both, I haven't had anywhere near the time to get into them). It's almost a given that a flight sim without a dynamic campaign system will eventually have one released in the form of a mod. F4 had one built in, but it was tweaked and tuned to perfection with help of the source code. (While officially, the source was 'leaked', it was a last ditch attempt by the dev team to save the game and years of hard work)...

Somewhat off-topic, but while flight-sims tend to have generous options in the mission and campaign side of things, space-sims usually don't have anything as robust. Whenever I here about dynamic campaigns in a sim, I immediately think of 'what could have been' in regards to the best space-sim ever NOT released - Babylon 5: Into The Fire. The dynamic campaign in the game was to be one of the most advanced ever put into code and I truly think that if it had been finished and released, space-sims would be better off today and the market as active as it is for flight-sims (which suffered a lull of it's own a few years back)...

Sorry, it's just pains this old-timer to think back and watch a genre of PC gaming die when a lot of what makes flight-sims thrive so much today could be applied to space-sims... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11
2. Re: Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11 Jan 26, 2011, 22:14 Rigs

You know, after having played games for more than 20 years on the PC side alone, I'm getting so sick of 'marketing speak'. Every new video card is the 'best', even if it's an HD4290! I remember on the box for my HD4870, there were about 5 adjectives to explain the awesomeness of the card. nVidia is even worse and the whole 'incredibly detailed' blurb has been used ALL THE WAY back to the Geforce7000 series and probably even before. The only thing that matters in the video card race now, is how it plays. It doesn't even matter WHAT is in the card itself. FERMI did that, by being a piece of crap and crippled even though nVidia was hyping it to be the Second Coming. Thankfully, ATI has been quieter and just does what needs to be done, though they are guilty of outright hype on their product pages as well, which is why I never go there., and neither should anyone else...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 7, 2011, 13:44 Rigs

I think it's one of those 'You just had to be there' type thing...maybe... Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Future of Simulations
3. Re: The Future of Simulations Jan 4, 2011, 07:26 Rigs

If you're interested, I have a Saitek X-45 stick and throttle for sale. I hardly used it, it's about 4 years old and is about in as 'new' condition you can get. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning and using it for LoMac and IL-2...

The going rate is about $50 as seen here:
Amazon Saitek X45

I'd let it go for $45 if you or anyone is interested...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2011, 00:59 Rigs

If I manage to keep it, you'll probably be able to figure out what it is.

So, still no Mountain Dew for Blue, eh?...I'll drink a case in your honor...

I'm doubtful because heart disease is brutal on both sides of my family...So yeah, if I make it to my 60's I'll be pretty fargin happy

Indeed, I consider 70 to be a decent life run. Though I was fond of telling my parents, when they were 65, that they had another good 30 years ahead of them (which always brought groans from my father... )...Still, cancer, especially prostate cancer, is rife on my fathers side, having taken 4 generations, including him, last October. Watching him waste away in 6 months of pancreatic cancer after having beat his earlier prostate cancer was a huge wake up call for me. Even though I'm only 32, I'm already taking precautions like eating better and exercising more. Seeing a hideous disease take a grown man of 220 pnds down to 110 in six months is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life, as does living thru his last day...I take life a lot more seriously now...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > E3 Registration
2. Re: E3 Registration Dec 28, 2010, 15:34 Rigs

*sigh*

Always wanted to go, since the first one. I can still remember when the first one was announced how the mags trounced it ("It can't be anything like CES!"). Boy were they wrong. But now, it's not like it was. Obviously it's died and come back, so it's not going to be exactly the same. But if you watch, you can see the marketers have gotten their filthy claws into it. Where's before it was all about the games, now it's all about the show! And the publishers behind the games. Once again, the devs get the scraps...Time for a new show!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 23, 2010, 10:52 Rigs

I agree with the UFO-driving aliens from Robot Chicken...

DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!!

Alien

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2010, 11:02.

News Comments > SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status
19. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 07:17 Rigs

I find it odd that you accuse Valve and Telltale of "milking the franchise" yet when Gearbox does it, it's A-OK.

Awesome logic!

BUSTED!

Funny, regulars at Blues catch so much flak, they apparently think we're too pissed off and stupid to remember posts between topics...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege Nov 26, 2010, 02:57 Rigs

Matrix makes historical turned based strategy games. They are all quite good if you are into that.

My god, man, you just qualified for the 'Understatement of the Year Award'.

Indeed, aside from the old SSI and SSG, Shrapnel Games, and HPS Simulations, they are one of the best sources of wargames in the genre today. In just a few short years, they've grown to become a major force in the strategy/wargaming arena. They've got a ton of old-skool talent in the development studios contracted with them, Gary Grisby being one...I don't think I've played a Matrix game I didn't like. And one of my all time favorites came from them - War In The Pacific: Admirals Edition...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > World Supremacy and Demo Released
2. Re: World Supremacy and Demo Released Nov 22, 2010, 13:37 Rigs

So...six out of eight?

=-Rigs-=

1660 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo