Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1693 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
17. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 2, 2011, 18:08 Rigs

By God, Creston, could you imagine a B5 MMO?! Say, set toward the end of the Shadow War and start of the EarthForce Civil War...Geezus, that would rock...Might just make up for the Into The Fire debacle...ok, yeah, maybe not, but still, if someone could convince JMS to get on-board... *drool*...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
23. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Sep 1, 2011, 05:32 Rigs

Don't be such a Negative Nancy you Debbie Downer. Who pushed you down and ate your lunch while shooting your dog?

Don't mind space captain, he pisses in his own corn flakes every morning just for added 'effect'...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG
24. Re: Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG Sep 1, 2011, 03:55 Rigs

Have any of you guys actually clicked on the "link" and read the article??

Nope, I don't think a single person in this thread actually READ the fuckin' article...just blame it on the ADHD and be on your way...nothing to see here...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
29. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 17, 2011, 09:41 Rigs

Talk about freakin' irony, I was JUST watching all the walkthroughs for the first game, the vids on YouTube for the BSG mod and the Nexus2 tech demo all just yesterday! I saw the tech demo and after wiping the drool off, went to reinstall the original again. Reminded me of the first time I saw X (X: Beyond the Frontier and it's current incarnation, X3: Terran Conflict) running at a Circuit City when it was only a tech demo in 1997. I just stood there with my mouth open and eyes wide, amazed...looking forward to N2 now, best of luck to them. Wish I could donate but I'm flat broke ATM...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > North Korea Farming for Gold, Nukes, and Rolexes?
4. Re: North Korea Farming for Gold, Nukes, and Rolexes? Aug 9, 2011, 17:17 Rigs

Well then the people need to fight for their freedom, don't they?

BINGO!

Don't even get me started...Regardless of the reason why we're Afghanistan or Iraq or bum-fuck Egypt, it's time to bring the forces home, set them up in a nice villa on the boarder and close the fucking doors...and windows...and bank accounts...The world can fight and die for itself while we use the foreign aid money to promote a new domestic economy...

Why is that so hard? Oh, and all sitting congressional delegates get pink slips. If you're over 65 and have had more than 3 terms, you're OUT! And, what would probably be controversial, is that congress needs to be reordered so that a democratic president doesn't hit the wall of a republican-led congress, or vise-versa...

So, to put it in simple terms - Fuck the world...Problem solved...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch
5. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch Jul 25, 2011, 02:34 Rigs

Not only that, but it seems it hasn't been posted in torrent form yet either. All the previous games are there in some form or another, but DCS: A-10 seems to be MIA, which I suppose is a good thing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 20, 2011, 20:22 Rigs

4?!? There's already a FOURTH one?!? Holy Geezus, I haven't even gotten around to the second one! WTF? I see they don't work on Valve Time...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans
8. Re: Homefront Jul 20, 2011, 15:11 Rigs

What is Homefront?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Catalyst 11.6b Hotfix
5. Re: Catalyst 11.6b Hotfix Jul 7, 2011, 20:03 Rigs

In the year 2011, we still have a problem with rendering the mouse pointer properly?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!? Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
13. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 6, 2011, 00:20 Rigs

Ugh. Do they have a sign on their desks so when they want to make a statement, they have to read 'Open mouth, insert foot'?!? Yeah, yeah, no map tools. Big surprise there. They're happy to take any help the mod community can give them but forget getting any 'reach around' in return...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
16. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:24 Rigs

Why would you want to though?

Because I absolutely REFUSE the blasphemy that is playing an FPS with a gamepad!

Well, that and I don't have an Xbox360...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
13. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:17 Rigs

So does this mean patches for all existing games (if GFWL is discontinued) to remove GFWL? (Reminds me of when Rockstar finally relented and made installing that God-forsaken 'Social Club' optional)

You know, say what you will about it, but I'm just happy to see that they're still trying to do something with PC games. They could have abandoned them long-ago flat-out and never looked back. It seems they didn't know exactly what they wanted to actually do in the PC gaming industry (whether to make it unique or a seamless transition from consoles) but at least they tried (and continue to, albeit at a very slow pace)...

I recall all the bitching and complaining that STEAM got when it was released and was required to play Valve's games and then others...but now most prefer to have it as an option when buying a new game...

Listen, I'm not a fanboy and I'm not defending any kind of stance, I'm just callin' it as I've seen it. Some have had nothing but problems and despise it and some couldn't care either way. At least they tried is all I'm saying...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
23. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 26, 2011, 00:48 Rigs

Googles filters might, but Hotmail's don't. I get nearly 10 a week and I never even HAD a fucking Blizzard account, EVER! I don't do MMO's like WoW. I've done STO, SWG, EvE (beta), Allegiance (the original), Earth and Beyond (bring THAT one back already!) and Vendetta Online. Something tells me that EgoSoft is up to something along the lines of a X-Online, like they talked about years ago. They've had the whole 'X-Universe.net' thing going for a while but it's only a concept on paper. Wish they'd hurry up and do it already...

And where the HELL is my Freelancer MMO?!? I'm still waiting...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary
2. Re: Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Jun 23, 2011, 22:34 Rigs

Wow, I didn't even know AO was still in service! Damn, I still remember the absolute RAGE from the gaming community and game reviewers when AO was launched. I can't remember how many times I saw the name Anarchy Online, frustrated and/or pissed off and garbage all in one sentence, not to mention the many sacrifices of goats and firstborns to the QA Gods for mercy and guidance...Good times, good times...

Now if we could just get SWG back to it's one-year-old state, then we'd have something to celebrate...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 23, 2011, 22:26 Rigs

Is this the 'free-to-play' that makes it fun?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Homefront Demo
2. Re: Homefront Demo Jun 23, 2011, 22:23 Rigs

Depends on your definition of 'worth'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite to "Unite" CoD Audience
5. Re: Call of Duty Elite to Jun 13, 2011, 11:10 Rigs

So I think Elite is a recognition that we have 30m people worldwide doing something and we canít just leave them to their own devices. We have to support them and get ahead of their needs, rather than always playing catch-up with them.

Wha..? WTF?!? Does that make any freakin' sense? That's double talk marketing speak if I've ever heard it...

Weíve got this franchise thatís evolving but we werenít allowing the player to evolve.

Evolve into what? What THE FUCK is he talking about?!? My god man, don't talk in metaphors, just come out and say it!...nevermind, I'll say it...

'We've got this franchise that's taking up a lot of resources. And those resources require money. The one-time payment at point-of-sale isn't cutting it anymore. And rather than 'confuse' the players with a made-up 'game tax' or 'handling fee' like every other money sucking industry does, we're gonna give them something they really want to throw money at - multiplayer! But not just ANY multiplayer! Oh, no no. Since the gamer is paying for this service, we're gonna have a treat for them! Multiplayer with...real people! They're gonna love it!'

Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Minecraft Patch Plans
4. Re: Minecraft Patch Plans Jun 11, 2011, 20:30 Rigs

I still don't understand the huge fascination with this thing is. Everywhere I go (gaming sites on the 'Net that is) I hear things constantly about it. You'd think it was WoW or sliced bread! I can't be that good...

...can it?

And, no, I've never played it but I've read about it and watched quite a few videos of it to get an understanding of it...I think...I mean, there's obviously something I'm missing if it's supposedly that fun... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Trek Announced
30. Re: Star Trek Announced Jun 4, 2011, 04:03 Rigs

Want to destroy another ship? Transport a photon torp onto it. Transport landing troops to a planet if you want to invade. Ships (the major plot element in every Star Trek outside of DS9) are practically rendered obsolete, just invest in planetary transporter facilities.

Was the transporter bomb not a big thing in StarFleet Command 1 and 2? That's pretty much why I could really never get into SFC. They relied WAY too much on the board games and obscure shit. I mean, missiles? In Trek?!? Sacrilege! Kamikaze shuttles? Blasphemy! If that was 'canon' Trek, then where the hell was it in the movies? Why sit around taking potshots at Khan when we could just transport over plague-infested Tribbles?! And, while we're on that, how come they never use the tractor beam EVER, in any movie? Did it even exist? And then there's the big question...

Sure there's inconsistencies and crap in Star Trek, but this was over the top, lazy science fiction.

Will someone please tell me why, during the whole of the Dominion War, no one thought to put their shields up?!? One shot takes out an Excelsior-class bridge and most of the saucer in one battle. Two Soyuz-class ships bite it from one beam each. The first one looses it's port warp nacelle, the other it's forward saucer section, sending it tumbling out of control. All the Klingon ships bite it in a few shots. The Dominion fighters don't bounce off the shields, they plow into the damn ship! How many Vor'cha's bought it that way? And B'rel's?

Now, if you look at the first contact with the Dominion and the Jem'Hadar, they seriously damage the Galaxy-class Odyssey, forcing it to try to limp back home. Before it could get very far, it's Kamikaze'd into oblivion by a Jem'Hadar fighter. (and for me, that was THE most jaw dropping moment in Trek...I never would have seen that one coming, and I think that was the point. I was absolutely speechless for a long time after watching that) Supposedly, it's shields were useless to The Jem'Hadar's beam weapons. This is the SAME excuse given when the Breen are introduced. And, if you're following along at home, boys and girls, this is also something the Borg are notorious for as well...

So, huge plug for a plot hole or cunning writing? I don't think I need to give my answer...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Trek Announced
29. Re: Star Trek Announced Jun 4, 2011, 03:29 Rigs

Uh, how in the hell did Spock get that Covenant Plasma Pistol?

Well, lets just hope they don't fuck it up. I'm getting tired of playing games of movies I like that 'almost' or 'kind of' or 'could have' been great...but weren't. You think it's too much to ask this multi-BILLION dollar industry if they can actually concentrate on the game's gameplay and get it right...just this once? The Star Trek gaming genre is littered with good intentions and bad execution (ahem...STO, I'm looking right at you!). Vulcan Fury could have been, should have been. Starfleet Academy, New Worlds, Klingon Honor Guard, Dominion Wars...all should have been shining examples of how to make a movie game. Nope, instead we get D.A.C.. We get Klingon Academy's dev team fired two weeks after ship. We get Legacy, which could have been Bridge Commander's unofficial sequel if it had been supported... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

1693 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo