Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2
8. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 20:34 Rigs

And Mrs. Blue, Gunnar, and Hudson. Maybe Frans too.

Don't forget the 'vast right-wing conspiracy' that funds the whole thing...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patched
4. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patched Oct 22, 2010, 03:42 Rigs

Has anyone played this one?

Well, apparently the developers did!

OH, Snap! Thank you, Good Night!

Still too busy playing X3TC 3.0,
=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm System Specs
13. Re: WoW Cataclysm System Specs Oct 21, 2010, 14:02 Rigs

You must have an active broadband Internet connection to play.

Ya don't say? Are people really that stupid that that has to be mentioned?

Wait, don't answer that...

... why won't Blizzard ship this game, as an updated image final install on a $10 8GB USB stick, along with a new $45-budget oriented Videocard, a $35 2GB memory module...etc.

That's a good idea (thinking 'out-of-the-box'), but then Blizz would have tons of freakin' noobs calling in trying to figure out why the video card won't go into the memory slot like their 10-year-old nephew said it should...

Really, hardware in a limited edition box could be something to look into. As stated, it would certainly raise the 'value' of the SE boxes. But with the literally infinite hardware combinations out there, it would be more of a shot in the dark than anything. Plus I can't see vid cards going that low (well, anything worth buying anyway). The RAM is another problem. You got DDR, DDR2, DDR3 (hell, some people might still have EDO RAM in their boat anchors for all we know!) ...

I guess another way would be to include a 'gift' certificate or voucher of some sort for the upgrades, maybe being sponsored by Wal-Mart or Best Buy or something like that. Then they could get what would suit their system...assuming they knew to begin with... *shrug*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Derek Paxton Joins Stardock
3. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 22:05 Rigs

Id rather they shit can Elemental and get started on Sins 2

Somethin' tells me they have too much invested in Elemental to let it go, at least for now. Hence the reason why the failure stung Stardock so much...

Pure conjecture, but I've been around the block a few times...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > RAGE Interview
34. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 18:31 Rigs

What other game used the HALO 1 engine?

Edit - Stubbs the Zombie!
I knew it was a Wideload game. Patrick Curry was the lead dev. Good dude, backed hard. He just did Guilty Party, which is supposed to be a ton of fun, and he teaches some great courses at DePaul.

Very good. I think the HALO 1 engine could've been used to great effect for even more...makes me wonder if there are other games using it that we just don't know about? I'm sure most of you are gonna wonder why I'm jazzin' about a nearly decade old engine...the fact is (besides that I like HALO so much) is that Bungie had grand dreams for HALO before they 'sold out' (it was suppose to be an RTS originally) and you can see that in the game at times...maybe it's just cause I was so awed when I first played it... *shrug*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Games/TV and "Significant Psychological Difficulties"
13. Re: Games/TV and Oct 11, 2010, 15:52 Rigs

...that they watch TV or play games because they have such problems and don't necessarily fit in with their peers...

Yup, sums my childhood up pretty much to a tee...

Of course, during that time it was called anti-social behavior and I was more likely to turn into the Unibomber...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > RAGE Interview
22. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 15:37 Rigs

Creating the graphics needed for a game to look like Crysis is much more resource intensive than to make it look like Halo.

Quiz Time!

It's just my way of participating in a thread about something I know almost nothing about...and there by throwing off the rails a really involved discussion...

Anyway, your Question:

What other game used the HALO 1 engine?

AND NO PEEKING AT Wikipedia!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X: Terran Conflict Patches
18. Re: X: Terran Conflict Patches Oct 11, 2010, 03:16 Rigs

There is literally no need at all to have X2 and Reunion if you're buying Terran Conflict.

Well, I think there should be some caveats to that statement. If you haven't played X before, or only had X3: Reunion, then the 'Superbox' may not be your best bet. Even being one of X's biggest fanboy, I have to admit that the interface on the earlier X titles would probably leave newbies baffled and frustrated. The games themselves are still good, and they fill in some of the backstory, but that might not be a good enough reason to go full-bore on the 'Superbox'...

However, if you have played the earlier X's and are a big fan of them, then the 'Superbox' might be a good deal to maybe fill in the gaps in your collection. The add-on xTension for the original X is a personal favorite of mine and is extremely hard to find. Also, if you've never played X but were curious and think you can handle the interface learnng curve (at least it's not as bad as Battlecruiser...*shudder*), the price is pretty reasonable for the whole package...

If you read the newest newsletter:

X-Universe News 41

It says that there are some other goodies included in the 'Superbox', besides just the older games themselves, so that might be something to look into if you are on the fence about buying the whole thing. Either way, whether you just buy X3TC or the whole 'Superbox', you can't go wrong for the price. There's a lot of hours entertainment for very little cost and there's really no other game like it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Metal Brigade Tactics Demo
9. Re: Metal Brigade Tactics Demo Oct 8, 2010, 19:23 Rigs

Doesn't need to have stupid 3D (which only hurt MC2)

I personally liked MC2 over the first. I think the 3D aspect was pretty well done, considering the time it was made. 3D was only a few generations old at the time. I still play MC2 occasionally. Between MC2 and MW4 (plus addons, mods and stuff released recently for free), anyone into mechs have plenty to play...

Demo and game look interesting. Maybe I'll give it a go...Whatever happened to the updated, official MechWarrior game that was in development?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > More Steam Patches
1. Re: More Steam Patches Oct 8, 2010, 00:52 Rigs

Well, that's interesting. I wasn't aware that X3TC had a patch released recently. Looking at the patch notes makes me even more confused. I think I'm gonna have to go snooping over to the official X forums...could this be a STEAM patch before a public one? Does that ever happen?

Off to egosoft.com I go...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 8, 2010, 00:47 Rigs

Another shot at 'Halo'...

MS doesn't want to cooperate. There's no writer attached or in mind. I'd say it goes no where, fast. The only way, I think, MS is going to be willing to let someone else play with it's billion-dollar toy is if they have a damn good plan, story, and actors signed and ready to go. And, so help me GOD, if they so much as even consider going the cheesy 'Arnold - Terminator - Duke Nukem' road, I'll self-destruct...

I really like HALO (couldn't tell, could you?), and I sincerely hope that when a real, honest to God, attempt is made to make a good movie out of it, that they sit down with those that created, developed and expanded it, ie. Bungie and the book authors. We all know what can happen when the source material is practically flat out ignored. HALO deserves to be done right. They've tried to keep it on the right track and have done a really good job. I can understand MS's hesitation at giving it a go, and I still don't think they're ready. This has to be thought out thoroughly...Makes me wish they would get JMS on board. Talk about a guy with attention to detail...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Still No Medal of Honor on U.S. Bases
12. Re: Still No Medal of Honor on U.S. Bases Oct 6, 2010, 14:28 Rigs

'It makes me sick who some allowed to be president. No experience, no sense. '

Oh boy, I can see where this thread is headed...

It doesn't matter one bit. Don't think that those that want to play the game won't be able to get a copy. Their friends and families in the states can easily send it out. I seriously have doubts that you would see a game such as this in a Muslim country such as Iraq and Afghanistan, or in the other Middle Eastern bases in Yemen and Saudi Arabia. You honestly think the gov is gonna give those throngs of easily upset Sheiks a reason to start a riot? I mean, just the mention or rumor of desecration of the Koran sent them into hysterics...the situation of there is much more fragile than some of you realize...

=-RIgs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hordes of Orcs 2
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hordes of Orcs 2 Oct 5, 2010, 18:30 Rigs

The Glowing Portal of Really Bad Things That We Should Have Bricked-Up a Long Time Ago.

Uh...yeah...good luck with that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 20:56 Rigs

I work nights so I end up at the bar with all the UPS, USPS, FedEx workers and play pull tabs, have "breakfast" and watch The Price is Right. It is a nice treat after my 3 days of 12 hour shifts.

Another poor soul who works the graveyard shift, eh?...I actually prefer it but it's hard to convince some employers to give you a 12-hour work day and make it the 3rd shift. I mean, I'd even do 2 20-hour shifts if they'd let me. I personally find it to be a pain in the ass to do 8 hour days, 5 days a week. Pretty much ruins any free time you get during the week. I would do security 4 days a week, 10 hour days and loved every bit of it. But it was kinda hard to find some place that would sell me a juicy cheese burger at 6am...

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2010, 00:59 Rigs

Giants just steamroll over the Bears.

See, you want something done, you gotta do it yourself...

...Oh, you were talking about the real game...I see...uh, carry on then...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2010, 20:24 Rigs

Equally scary is taking on the imposing 3-0 Bears, especially since a loss will come pretty close to being an unofficial conclusion to the Giants season, as I can't readily find statistics on how often a 1-3 team makes the Super Bowl, but I can bet that the chances are exceedingly slim. You know your team is in trouble when they have a "must win" game in the first quarter of the season.

Good God do I need a drink... Drunk2

Time to boot up Madden and save them myself, dammit...What I wouldn't give to get the Phil Simms and LT of old and let them loose...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New BF2 Forgotten Hope
8. Re: New BF2 Forgotten Hope Oct 2, 2010, 22:58 Rigs

Heh...I always found it curious that a WW2 shooter would come out and almost immediately a modern-day mod would appear (Desert Combat) and then when said WW2 shooters' sequel would come out as a modern-day shooter, there would be a push and release for a WW2 mod (Forgotten Hope). Or, it would be WW2 shooter, Vietnam mod, Vietnam sequel, WW2 mod...

You FPS fanatics seriously need to make up your mind already...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Codies on F1 2010 AI
15. Re: Codies on F1 2010 AI Oct 2, 2010, 14:57 Rigs

Only because Zardoz has made it so.

TABERNACLE!!!!!!

Go forth, and kill!

Hmm, you know I wouldn't have had any idea what the hell you were talking about until I just happened upon Zardoz showing on Fox Movie Channel the other day. I had been curious what your avatar was about...And...

...My god, I want that hour back! At first I was like, 'ok, kinda quirky, but a lot of 70's movies are like this so...' but the more I watched, the more confused I became. After little more than an hour I couldn't watch any more and turned to Secrets of WW2 on Military Channel instead. It was like my brain was turning to a gooey soup until I turned it and then I started feeling...err...human, again...I just went to wikipedia and looked Zardoz up and found that I understood absolutely nothing about the film. Clearly, it's something to watch with some friends, girls and a lot of drugs...

Oh, and as for F1 2010...meh...in typical Codie fashion, they spent more time trying to get the drivers names spelt right and the rain effects to look super real than to make a suitable (read: drivable) AI for us single-player fanatics...

Ok, it's great that this day and age, multiplayer is pretty much status quo and all, but I hate when the development of said feature is detrimental to the rest of the game...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
8. Re: Civilization V and Demo Released Sep 21, 2010, 13:18 Rigs

It seems to me (and this isn't scientific or anything) that the Civ games have gone up on presentation and lost 'the kitchen sink' syndrome. Take a look at the Civ3 manual and you can see that the games mechanics and inner-workings were top on the list, rather than how it looked to the user. Then look at the Civ4 manual (the original first release), you see this change slowly, and as each expansion comes out, you see the inner-workings get put behind a shroud, over-looked by how good everything looks to the user, not how he'll use it...

Hopefully, that makes sense to someone. I've been reading and writing technical manuals for the last two days straight...need...social...contact....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Digital PC Games Sales Pass Boxed Sales
10. Re: Digital PC Games Sales Pass Boxed Sales Sep 20, 2010, 19:10 Rigs

A quick google, wiki check reveals:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1037
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish_Games#Online_games

Looks like they shut down a sister site (Big Sea Games) with free to play no advertising browser games on Sept 1

We posted at the same time...you are, indeed, correct...still sucks though, at least for the more casual players out there who don't see games they play on-line as suitable to be bought...however, there was significant advertising on the site, so I don't know where the 'free to play, no ads' comes from... *another shrug*

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo