Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
16. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:24 Rigs

Why would you want to though?

Because I absolutely REFUSE the blasphemy that is playing an FPS with a gamepad!

Well, that and I don't have an Xbox360...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
13. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:17 Rigs

So does this mean patches for all existing games (if GFWL is discontinued) to remove GFWL? (Reminds me of when Rockstar finally relented and made installing that God-forsaken 'Social Club' optional)

You know, say what you will about it, but I'm just happy to see that they're still trying to do something with PC games. They could have abandoned them long-ago flat-out and never looked back. It seems they didn't know exactly what they wanted to actually do in the PC gaming industry (whether to make it unique or a seamless transition from consoles) but at least they tried (and continue to, albeit at a very slow pace)...

I recall all the bitching and complaining that STEAM got when it was released and was required to play Valve's games and then others...but now most prefer to have it as an option when buying a new game...

Listen, I'm not a fanboy and I'm not defending any kind of stance, I'm just callin' it as I've seen it. Some have had nothing but problems and despise it and some couldn't care either way. At least they tried is all I'm saying...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
23. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 26, 2011, 00:48 Rigs

Googles filters might, but Hotmail's don't. I get nearly 10 a week and I never even HAD a fucking Blizzard account, EVER! I don't do MMO's like WoW. I've done STO, SWG, EvE (beta), Allegiance (the original), Earth and Beyond (bring THAT one back already!) and Vendetta Online. Something tells me that EgoSoft is up to something along the lines of a X-Online, like they talked about years ago. They've had the whole 'X-Universe.net' thing going for a while but it's only a concept on paper. Wish they'd hurry up and do it already...

And where the HELL is my Freelancer MMO?!? I'm still waiting...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary
2. Re: Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Jun 23, 2011, 22:34 Rigs

Wow, I didn't even know AO was still in service! Damn, I still remember the absolute RAGE from the gaming community and game reviewers when AO was launched. I can't remember how many times I saw the name Anarchy Online, frustrated and/or pissed off and garbage all in one sentence, not to mention the many sacrifices of goats and firstborns to the QA Gods for mercy and guidance...Good times, good times...

Now if we could just get SWG back to it's one-year-old state, then we'd have something to celebrate...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 23, 2011, 22:26 Rigs

Is this the 'free-to-play' that makes it fun?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Homefront Demo
2. Re: Homefront Demo Jun 23, 2011, 22:23 Rigs

Depends on your definition of 'worth'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite to "Unite" CoD Audience
5. Re: Call of Duty Elite to Jun 13, 2011, 11:10 Rigs

So I think Elite is a recognition that we have 30m people worldwide doing something and we can’t just leave them to their own devices. We have to support them and get ahead of their needs, rather than always playing catch-up with them.

Wha..? WTF?!? Does that make any freakin' sense? That's double talk marketing speak if I've ever heard it...

We’ve got this franchise that’s evolving but we weren’t allowing the player to evolve.

Evolve into what? What THE FUCK is he talking about?!? My god man, don't talk in metaphors, just come out and say it!...nevermind, I'll say it...

'We've got this franchise that's taking up a lot of resources. And those resources require money. The one-time payment at point-of-sale isn't cutting it anymore. And rather than 'confuse' the players with a made-up 'game tax' or 'handling fee' like every other money sucking industry does, we're gonna give them something they really want to throw money at - multiplayer! But not just ANY multiplayer! Oh, no no. Since the gamer is paying for this service, we're gonna have a treat for them! Multiplayer with...real people! They're gonna love it!'

Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Minecraft Patch Plans
4. Re: Minecraft Patch Plans Jun 11, 2011, 20:30 Rigs

I still don't understand the huge fascination with this thing is. Everywhere I go (gaming sites on the 'Net that is) I hear things constantly about it. You'd think it was WoW or sliced bread! I can't be that good...

...can it?

And, no, I've never played it but I've read about it and watched quite a few videos of it to get an understanding of it...I think...I mean, there's obviously something I'm missing if it's supposedly that fun... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Trek Announced
30. Re: Star Trek Announced Jun 4, 2011, 04:03 Rigs

Want to destroy another ship? Transport a photon torp onto it. Transport landing troops to a planet if you want to invade. Ships (the major plot element in every Star Trek outside of DS9) are practically rendered obsolete, just invest in planetary transporter facilities.

Was the transporter bomb not a big thing in StarFleet Command 1 and 2? That's pretty much why I could really never get into SFC. They relied WAY too much on the board games and obscure shit. I mean, missiles? In Trek?!? Sacrilege! Kamikaze shuttles? Blasphemy! If that was 'canon' Trek, then where the hell was it in the movies? Why sit around taking potshots at Khan when we could just transport over plague-infested Tribbles?! And, while we're on that, how come they never use the tractor beam EVER, in any movie? Did it even exist? And then there's the big question...

Sure there's inconsistencies and crap in Star Trek, but this was over the top, lazy science fiction.

Will someone please tell me why, during the whole of the Dominion War, no one thought to put their shields up?!? One shot takes out an Excelsior-class bridge and most of the saucer in one battle. Two Soyuz-class ships bite it from one beam each. The first one looses it's port warp nacelle, the other it's forward saucer section, sending it tumbling out of control. All the Klingon ships bite it in a few shots. The Dominion fighters don't bounce off the shields, they plow into the damn ship! How many Vor'cha's bought it that way? And B'rel's?

Now, if you look at the first contact with the Dominion and the Jem'Hadar, they seriously damage the Galaxy-class Odyssey, forcing it to try to limp back home. Before it could get very far, it's Kamikaze'd into oblivion by a Jem'Hadar fighter. (and for me, that was THE most jaw dropping moment in Trek...I never would have seen that one coming, and I think that was the point. I was absolutely speechless for a long time after watching that) Supposedly, it's shields were useless to The Jem'Hadar's beam weapons. This is the SAME excuse given when the Breen are introduced. And, if you're following along at home, boys and girls, this is also something the Borg are notorious for as well...

So, huge plug for a plot hole or cunning writing? I don't think I need to give my answer...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Trek Announced
29. Re: Star Trek Announced Jun 4, 2011, 03:29 Rigs

Uh, how in the hell did Spock get that Covenant Plasma Pistol?

Well, lets just hope they don't fuck it up. I'm getting tired of playing games of movies I like that 'almost' or 'kind of' or 'could have' been great...but weren't. You think it's too much to ask this multi-BILLION dollar industry if they can actually concentrate on the game's gameplay and get it right...just this once? The Star Trek gaming genre is littered with good intentions and bad execution (ahem...STO, I'm looking right at you!). Vulcan Fury could have been, should have been. Starfleet Academy, New Worlds, Klingon Honor Guard, Dominion Wars...all should have been shining examples of how to make a movie game. Nope, instead we get D.A.C.. We get Klingon Academy's dev team fired two weeks after ship. We get Legacy, which could have been Bridge Commander's unofficial sequel if it had been supported... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2011, 23:06 Rigs

Holy Jeezus...27.5"?!? Damn, now I feel so...inadequate with my lowly 22" 'tough-as-nails' Samsung 2253BW. Mine has been thru the ringer of being a 'mobile' monitor, something it wasn't designed to handle. With my self-built Core i5 system in a Thermaltake LANBOY-LITE case, the monitor goes everywhere the system does. Which, in the last 3 months, has been through two complete moves, two 'spontaneous' LAN's (we never know when we'll have enough people show, so it just happens when everyone is together, whenever that may be, but typically Friday or Saturday, though we sometimes race on Sunday before the actual Nascar race) and staying/crashing at a number of friends and relative's places in-between the two moves, which was nearly 5 weeks of almost constant moving around. The whole time, this thing performed flawlessly. It's 6 years old now, but I've come to seriously rely on it...

And I can also comment on the flickering picture ending up being a bad cable with a somewhat similar experience. During the times I was bouncing around, I had this monitor and another 17" DELL M782 CRT 'boat anchor' that I used as a second display. One cable was a DVI which went to the LCD, while the other was a standard VGA cable to the CRT. In the beginning, if both monitors were active, the LCD would show what could only be described as 'snow'. It was faint and only visible when I had a dark or black screen, but it was there. At first I panicked, thinking I had screwed up something on the LCD from all the moving around (and it had been treated rather rough at times, even falling off a couch onto the floor at one point, which left my heart in my throat until I could check that it was ok). After some mental troubleshooting and elimination, it turned out that the RGB/VGA cable was to blame. While the picture on the 'boat anchor' was fine, it was interfering with the LCDs'. A quick change-out resolved the problem and lowered my stress level somewhat...

I'm not gonna act like I know what the problem is, Blue, and I'm sure you've done your homework and brainstorming, but sometimes we tend to overlook the obvious until someone points it out...I hope to, one day, be able to get a new set of 25" - 30" LED LCD's. I got my Mom a beautiful DELL 23.1" LCD Ultrasharp (model # escapes me ATM) for Mother's Day a few years back (to replace the even larger DELL 19" 'battleship anchor' CRT she had been using) and I've been jealous ever since. The color on that thing puts my poor Sammy to shame. And I've tried many times to find an excuse to trade LCD's with her...I can't even ask anymore, she'll cut me off with a 'Not a chance!' before I even get the words out... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch
1. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch Jun 2, 2011, 22:36 Rigs

I WANT THIS. BADLY.

That is all.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Interplay/Fallout Online Woes
19. Re: Interplay/Fallout Online Woes Jun 1, 2011, 21:10 Rigs

“That’s it, man, game over, man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now?”

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders
9. Re: GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders May 30, 2011, 18:30 Rigs

Ripperjack wrote on May 30, 2011, 15:57:
I had a pre-order with Chips and Bits Online

Oh man, I remember them. I used to order stuff from them COD, being a kid it was awesome to be able to order a game (over the phone) and just pay the UPS guy 50 bucks in allowance savings.

Indeed, they were a major mail-order company for PC games back in the day. I would also check out their ads in the mags because they would usually have games available for pre-order that didn't even exist yet, much less announced. Like expansions and sequels of newly released games. A lot of times these things never came out, such as DNF. Still, it was fun to read anyway...though, I'd imagine it would get them into some trouble if someone pre-ordered a title that wasn't even announced or even thought of...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DNF Graphics Card Bundle
6. Re: DNF Graphics Card Bundle May 25, 2011, 23:15 Rigs

They should ship DNF with a 4MB 3DFX video card as a reminder of how long it's been since we've had a proper Duke title.

BINGO!

(or in my case, an 8mb 3dfx (<- notice the lowercase) Voodoo2...that thing would chew thru anything...)

Some of us have very LONG memories...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
14. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 25, 2011, 23:07 Rigs

I don't understand why these companies don't do something like Punkbuster or like Blizzard's Battle.net? Or maybe just join something like STEAM? Why GFWL? If they wanted to crucify the Windows release of this (admittedly awesome) game (I have the PS3 version and the original Windows version), they couldn't have made a better decision! 'Always-On' DRM for..A FIGHTING GAME?!? WTF? You end up in the menu's almost as much as in the matches themselves. Why, OH WHY, couldn't they just have had it for the multi side and not the singleplayer? That makes absolutely NO SENSE!

I'll admit that I was...WAS...looking forward to it's release, but not now. In fact, it might drive a lot of us TO crack it, which is EXACTLY what they DIDN'T want...go figure, eh?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 20, 2011, 23:45 Rigs

Still in shock... Quiver

Definitely not the honorable death such a childhood icon could receive... Salute

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Atari Dropping Cryptic
9. Re: Atari Dropping Cryptic May 18, 2011, 03:24 Rigs

Son of a &$%#!! bitch...

And to quote those zany Robot Chicken aliens...'Damn it, damn it, damn it!!!'

Why, oh why do I always pick the losers? Seriously?

I was in the STO beta but I wasn't impressed...much. Some things were good, others not so. It needed work, so I gave it a year, then jumped in. And...it's ok. Truth be told, I'm not much of an MMO kind of person. My WoW friends run circles around me and their MMO lingo just puts a weird look on my face with me saying 'Huh?'...

This sucks so bad. If they go tit's up, I'm never playing another freakin' MMO AGAIN! Never! Breakout

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Why No Windows Fable II
6. Re: Why No Windows Fable II May 16, 2011, 12:47 Rigs

I'm not sure many do.

You'd be wrong.

Just because it's mainly a console-only franchise doesn't mean there aren't PC gamers wanting to play the damn thing, including myself. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a serious Halo fanboy, but I don't have a 360 and I haven't played Halo3/Wars/ODST/Reach. I have a PS3 and a self-built custom PC. I play Halo and Halo2 all the time and I hope for the day they finally release the rest of the franchise on PC, though I know it's a slim hope...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > SOE MMOGs Back Online
6. Re: SOE MMOGs Back Online May 16, 2011, 12:39 Rigs

Plus I just bought my copy of DCO and was working on my 30 days free for the first month, so I got screwed out of about 10 days worth of time, yes they gave me back 30 days plus 10 days worth of time that they were down, but that does not excuse them from removing my initial 30 days of free time that was mine.

Ok, I don't understand that statement...from what you're saying here, it means that not only did SOE give you your original 30 days but ALSO the 10 days they were down for, there by giving you a total of 40 days free time, starting now? So, in other words, based on this you're getting MORE than what you had originally and you're STILL complaining about it?!? WTF?!?

I agree with Techie, you need to understand that you weren't the ONLY one not able to play their game, it affected all us who play SOE games online. If you call SOE to complain after getting MORE than you had previously, you're gonna make a serious ass out of yourself...I say just deal with it like the rest of us and be glad you can actually play now... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo