Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1665 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy
1. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 12:04 Rigs

Fffffffffffffffffff... *facepalm*

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

I was really looking forward to this! With STO fixing to turn into FreeToPlay, I was hoping this would compliment the other and maybe the combination of the two would help make the 'ultimate' online Star Trek game...but now...Grrr...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 27, 2011, 09:00 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 08:15:
I can't help but imagine this was typed on a keyboard permanently stained Cheeto-orange.

HA!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
16. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 15:39 Rigs

haters be hatin'

Yup, and trollers be trollin'...just another day on the Interwebz...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Postal III in December?
11. Re: Postal III in December? Oct 22, 2011, 03:24 Rigs

I swear Vince Desi must be selling coke out of the Running With Scissors offices or something. I don't know how a company that's released two critical and sales bombs--the last of which came out 8 years ago--can survive long enough to finally finish this,

One of the wonders of nature I suppose. Devs that actually have something worth spending time and money on get no love and end up in the shithouse but devs that seemingly goof off for years keep going and going without ever releasing anything tangible (ie 3D Realms) or total inane crap (ie Postal and RWS). I actually hadn't played but the demo of Postal2 until about three weeks ago when a friend who honestly does more goofing off, chasing ass and getting drunk than any one person should be legally allowed to, gave me his prized Postal collection because his latest 'conquest' cut him off (no nookie) unless he got rid of his 'silly kid shit'. Yeah, one of those types. Real bitch if you ask me but she seems to hold some mystical spell over him (or maybe just his dick, who's to say, really? I sure don't fuckin' ask)...

So, anyway, he had all the little Postal expansions and even the first one that came in a collection...the 'Fudge Pack' I think it's called (of all things, not that I'm surprised). I installed it just to see what the rest of the game was like as the demo hadn't left me with anything anywhere worth wanting to go on with. An hour later I was ready to burn the whole thing in a front yard ritual to ask for forgiveness from the Gods who had forsaken me. Geezus was it bad! Then again, anyone that's played it would know already. Just on technical merits alone. What was it, the Quake2 engine? Quake 1? The original Unreal-engine? My god...the horror.

How anyone could get any kind of enjoyment out of that crap is beyond me, seriously. I'm all for violence for the sake of violence, at least in games (because it's a fuckin' game and I'm smart enough to know the fuckin' difference, thank you Mr. Thompson!) but it's not the violence aspect that bothered me. Well, ok, I think the whole peeing thing is just juvenile in the extreme. And a cat silencer? This is the kind of crap that the tween boys smuggle into school to share with their friends because they're parents won't buy it for them. You know the type, the ones that think they're bad-ass because they read motocross magazines and go to skateboard parks on the weekends and swear any chance they get. The ones that find cute little furry animals and then bury them up to their furry heads and grab the lawn mower. Yeah, them. No, what bothered me was that, as a game, it's a joke and not in a good way. I've seen mods of other games with better production values. The load times on my machine for in-level loads are unacceptable. The canned animations are stiff and clunky. Half Life 2 this ain't. I find it funny that they're using the source engine on the third one. Always behind the times, this one will be no different. But then again, maybe it doesn't even matter. They've apparently stumbled upon the secret to success that even 3D Realms couldn't figure out. And by success I mean staying alive. Not actually putting out a quality product that everyone wants.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On World of Darkness
5. Re: On World of Darkness Oct 20, 2011, 22:55 Rigs

Hrm, what was it Hudson said in Aliens again?

"Ahhhhhhahahhaharrrrrggghhhhsssh!!!"

or something like that, hard to pronounce using a keyboard...

'Well, that's great...that's fuckin' great, man! Now what the fuck are we supposed to do?! We're in some real pretty shit now, man!!....That's it, man, game over, man, GAME OVER! What the fuck we gonna do now?! Whatta we gonna do?!?"

------

"Maybe we can build a fire...sing a couple of songs, huh?! Why don't we try that?!"

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2011, 23:04.

News Comments > Sledgehammer's CoD "Probably" Cancelled
4. Re: Sledgehammer's CoD Oct 18, 2011, 15:04 Rigs

Smart decision/move, as it would have been a niched market, and most likely a very small one.

I dunno 'bout that, as WH40k Space Marine is selling pretty well and is 3rd person. Had you asked me if that was going to be a big hit as a 3rd person shooter, I'd probably have told you 'not a chance'. You can never tell nowadays in this industry. Things you'd think would do very well end up sinking like stones while stuff that looks marginal happens to be best-selling material...I don't know whether I'm happy about that or not, though...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No TrackMania 2 Demo Plans
17. Re: No TrackMania 2 Demo Plans Oct 2, 2011, 05:25 Rigs

Thank you, Krowen, for making my point...but you're going to have to buy your own cookie, I'm broke...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No TrackMania 2 Demo Plans
15. Re: No TrackMania 2 Demo Plans Oct 2, 2011, 04:52 Rigs

If you have no job and you can get something temporarily would you take that over nothing? If you say no they you are a lazy ass mooch. Keep collecting unemployment.

I take serious issue with that statement. I've been out of work for nearly 8 years and from the outside it would look like I was just a lazy son-of-a-bitch. My ex is fond of telling me to 'just go and get a job at like McDonalds, at least it's something'. True only if you don't actually look into the details more...

So let's look at that as an example. I get a job at good ol' MickeyD's and since so many are applying on a daily basis, they hire quite a few people in addition to me, knowing turnover is going to be high. Why? Well, they only have so much allocated for paying employees and if there are several more hired than normal, it's still the same pie, but everyone gets a smaller piece. So I might technically be hired 'full-time', but only get 15-20 hours, 3- 4 days a week. But this isn't constant and some weeks I might get 15 hours and others 35 hours. Plus hours if I cover someone who has called in, quit or left early. So, I can't really rely on having a set amount every week or month, which means paying bills becomes a stress filled adventure in itself.

The next variable is gas. I need to get to work and that requires (where I live, at least) having a car. Gas being over $3/gallon and my car getting around 15 -20 miles per gallon isn't the best combination but it could be worse. I also live in a rather rural area, which puts gas at a premium. Another variable is the oft-mentioned 'look for another job while you work this one'. Ah, but there's a catch to that too, unless you have NO other responsibilities other than going to work and sleeping...

It all boils down to this...if you get a minimum wage job with part-time hours (even if you're supposedly 'full-time'), you're shooting yourself in the foot just to say 'I have a job!'. Instead, you can work 'full-time' on getting something that's actually worth the time and effort. There are other variables in at least my decision not to try for the lowest common denominator, but I feel that many aren't going to see it as I do and just latch on to the fact that I'm jobless and I'm turning my nose up at a 'perfectly good' job. You needn't argue with me as I've heard your counter-points before. You're going to see my post as just excuses because it doesn't mesh with the politically correct way of dealing with this kind of thing. I think it's more important that you get off your moral soapbox and try to see that the world isn't as easily cut and dry all over...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make an argument as to why someone doesn't have to work, at all. That's not what I'm saying here. I continue to look for work but with the rest of my other responsibilities, it becomes difficult. I don't have time to fuck around with stuck up HR stooges that think they're God or those that act like I skinned a kitten alive in front of a room full of school children because there are serious gaps in my employment history. Nobody's perfect and I have legitimate reasons for those gaps but, sadly, most of said stooges won't even get past the point that I have them to begin with...

Oh, and I want to point out right now that I do not collect any sort of welfare, unemployment or disability/SSI, so if you were about to rail on me for that, I suggest keeping that foot in your mouth...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed
14. Re: PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 20:55 Rigs

SR2 probably deserves a spot in the top 3 worst fucking ports ever.

And the other two would be?

I'm not being a sarcastic little bitch, I'm just curious...

When I see the word 'Volition', only one thing comes to my mind - FREESPACE!!! To HELL with SR3! Give me Freespace 3 or death! Pray

And, so help me, Derek Smart, if you ever come around my Freespace... Fight

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 18:00 Rigs

That sort of weasely shit really gets on my tits.

WTF does that even mean?! Is that a new Interwebz meme or something? I have honestly never heard that phrase before but now I really feel the need to put it in a serious conversation involving the financial and ethical responsibilities of Republican candidates in regards to election donations and how it might play a role in the ultimate outcome of the election in 2012...

And, yes, I have absolutely NO idea what the hell I just said...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 15:12 Rigs

Jeezus, no offense, but does every little fucking thing have to be a debate? Honestly, it's no wonder you all aren't on blood pressure meds and Xanax all the time...it's like no one can say his opinion here without two or three others jumping in and pissing in the pool. Just let it go already... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 16:02.

News Comments > Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears
16. Re: Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears Sep 7, 2011, 22:18 Rigs

Prepare for pain.

Hmm, if you prepare for it, then it ends up hurting 100 times MORE than if it just happened randomly...But then, how do the kickboxers and bar brawlers/fight clubbers do it? Could you imagine if humans didn't have adrenaline and endorphins to cover up pain? Wow, we'd really be screwed...then again, it might've made us humans more docile knowing pain was going to be really...uh, painful...

I have no idea why I came up with that, that is literally my train of thought there...maybe nominate for most off-topic post of the day...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
17. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 2, 2011, 18:08 Rigs

By God, Creston, could you imagine a B5 MMO?! Say, set toward the end of the Shadow War and start of the EarthForce Civil War...Geezus, that would rock...Might just make up for the Into The Fire debacle...ok, yeah, maybe not, but still, if someone could convince JMS to get on-board... *drool*...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
23. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Sep 1, 2011, 05:32 Rigs

Don't be such a Negative Nancy you Debbie Downer. Who pushed you down and ate your lunch while shooting your dog?

Don't mind space captain, he pisses in his own corn flakes every morning just for added 'effect'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG
24. Re: Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG Sep 1, 2011, 03:55 Rigs

Have any of you guys actually clicked on the "link" and read the article??

Nope, I don't think a single person in this thread actually READ the fuckin' article...just blame it on the ADHD and be on your way...nothing to see here...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
29. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 17, 2011, 09:41 Rigs

Talk about freakin' irony, I was JUST watching all the walkthroughs for the first game, the vids on YouTube for the BSG mod and the Nexus2 tech demo all just yesterday! I saw the tech demo and after wiping the drool off, went to reinstall the original again. Reminded me of the first time I saw X (X: Beyond the Frontier and it's current incarnation, X3: Terran Conflict) running at a Circuit City when it was only a tech demo in 1997. I just stood there with my mouth open and eyes wide, amazed...looking forward to N2 now, best of luck to them. Wish I could donate but I'm flat broke ATM...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > North Korea Farming for Gold, Nukes, and Rolexes?
4. Re: North Korea Farming for Gold, Nukes, and Rolexes? Aug 9, 2011, 17:17 Rigs

Well then the people need to fight for their freedom, don't they?

BINGO!

Don't even get me started...Regardless of the reason why we're Afghanistan or Iraq or bum-fuck Egypt, it's time to bring the forces home, set them up in a nice villa on the boarder and close the fucking doors...and windows...and bank accounts...The world can fight and die for itself while we use the foreign aid money to promote a new domestic economy...

Why is that so hard? Oh, and all sitting congressional delegates get pink slips. If you're over 65 and have had more than 3 terms, you're OUT! And, what would probably be controversial, is that congress needs to be reordered so that a democratic president doesn't hit the wall of a republican-led congress, or vise-versa...

So, to put it in simple terms - Fuck the world...Problem solved...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch
5. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch Jul 25, 2011, 02:34 Rigs

Not only that, but it seems it hasn't been posted in torrent form yet either. All the previous games are there in some form or another, but DCS: A-10 seems to be MIA, which I suppose is a good thing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 20, 2011, 20:22 Rigs

4?!? There's already a FOURTH one?!? Holy Geezus, I haven't even gotten around to the second one! WTF? I see they don't work on Valve Time...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans
8. Re: Homefront Jul 20, 2011, 15:11 Rigs

What is Homefront?

=-Rigs-=

1665 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo