Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1700 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition
8. Re: Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition Apr 11, 2012, 12:57 Rigs

Ugh. Why does it always have to be that the 'Agency' some hitman works for always 'betrays' them and they have to figure out the convoluted plot while the police search for them? Haven't there been like a million games and movies like that lately? Enough already!

We haven't seen a 'Kill the drug cartel' game in a while, how about one of them? Seeing how Mexico is now ruled by them and drug violence in America is at it's highest since the 80's...you know, something plausible?!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 3 Clues
16. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 12:51 Rigs

Hmm...this was funny...

The takeaways: it appears we'll be staying in the urban jungle instead of returning to the jungle jungle, and, despite the higher-than-a-giraffe's-hat high-tech Nanosuit and arsenal of devastating human and alien weaponry at our disposal, bow and arrow will be our weapon of choice. Which begs the question: given that the Nanosuit in power mode is capable of super heroic speed and force, wouldn't we be better off throwing arrows at enemies instead of notching and firing them with a bow?

Indeed.

I liked Crysis 1. It was a major motivator to build a new system...after seeing how appalling it ran on my P4/2.66 with an ATI Radeon850. So I built BlackOmega and was happy. Well, until I realized I had built a box that was a generation behind, that is (dumbass - Spent good money building a Core2Duo box when the Core i5's and i7's were just out - duh!) So I built *cue trumpets, lights and angels singing* BlackOmega2.(A Core i5-750/2.8) And there was much rejoicing and killing...uh, virtually I mean. Going from an x850PRO to an HD4870 (and then an HD5770 (which are both about the same in power)) was quite an eye opener. And Crysis ran great. I didn't like the expansion, Warhead, though. It seemed like a step back in ways. Stuff that was destroyable in the full game wasn't in the expansion...huh?! And it just had a different vibe to it. I dunno, maybe it was me. I never did finish either one...lol...but that's one of my 'hallmarks'. I never finish games. I always play them but never finish them...lol...

When Crysis 2 came out, I cried bloody murder. Damn you, gaming gods! It looked good, and I thought by cranking up the settings, my system could handle it as good as Crysis 1.

I was very disappointed.

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Alter Ego Demo
2. Re: Alter Ego Demo Apr 9, 2012, 02:37 Rigs

You and me both...

Fuckin' zombies and horror...enough already! (And get the hell off my lawn!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 7, 2012, 05:49 Rigs

Eh?

1080p is 1920x1080, is it not? Considering my 22" Samsung LCD's native res is 1680x1050, I consider 1080p to be just fine. If it's such a 'low' res, and doesn't stress the hardware, then those fancy AA and AF modes should negate that problem, while giving a speed boost in the process because they aren't hitting their limits... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
34. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 6, 2012, 15:57 Rigs

The way I see it is that while he fucked up royal, everyone makes mistakes. I know I've made some really bad ones in the past myself and I hate it when they are brought up 10 years down the line when I've totally changed since then. The sad part about it is he will never live that down - ever. And that's a shame but while he could just curl in a ball in the corner of his closet and disappear, he's swallowed his pride and tried to make the most out of what he has left. Surely something like that can be seen as respectable? He took blame for the horrific disaster that was ION STORM Dallas but, personally, I don't think he should shoulder all of it. He got swept up in it and soon it just took on a life of it's own, snowballing into a bigger debacle whenever he tried to take control of it. When people are throwing themselves and money at you for just the promise of doing something, it can go to your head real quick, I suppose. (I've never been in that kind of situation, sadly, but I would imagine it would)

All I can say is wait and see. If it's good, it's good. If not, then it's not. Not a big deal. At least he isn't promising something bigger and better that will make up for his past screw ups.

Also...this: (from here)

ION STORM TEAM: "John, what should we do about health? Should we just stick with the traditional health kits?"
POD PEOPLE: (quietly chanting) "Lame healing fruit... lame healing fruit... lame healing fruit..."
JOHN ROMERO: "WE NEED LAME HEALING FRUIT."
KILLCREEK: "John, I'm really worried about the direction that this project is heading-"
POD PEOPLE: (shoots Killcreek with their Gamma Ray Gun)
KILLCREEK: "I HAVE BREASTS."
JOHN ROMERO: "WE NEED MORE FROGS."
ION STORM TEAM: "We quit."

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2012, 04:17 Rigs

Wow, Cutter, I have a slightly new view of you now, as I agree almost 100%. I'm used to the PC rhetoric bullshit 'Burn them alive at the stake while we stone them!' that is typical of these kinds of discussion topics...I'm reminded of the very real situation of a girl I once knew and very rarely hung out with who was 14 (I was 18) but she routinely got into the local bars and nightclubs without so much as a glance at her ID. If you didn't know her, you'd swear she was closer to 20-21, and she did nothing to change that view. She was the middle of a 5 girl, 2 boy family, ranging from the youngest girl at 8 to the oldest boy at ~22. Everyone in the neighborhood knew them and they were all quite popular at school. The only thing that really kept me from being even remotely interested was the fact that, with the exception of the two oldest kids, the rest were about as smart as a pile of rocks. The girls were always trying some crazy new shit to get high or have fun. (There isn't much for a kid their age to do around my area in FL, believe it or not, not all of FL is Disney World) I remember one time the one sister, 12, would choke herself to near unconsciousness and then try to walk around or fall down stairs because 'it felt cool!'...Yeah, like I said, pile of rocks...

Anyway, the middle girl, 14, was in band ('This one time, at band camp'...) and the whole group went in two buses to an away game. Well, apparently, from the numerous sources I've heard it and pieced it all together from, she started flirting and really laying it on her band teacher. Your guess is as good as mine as to 'why', as the next bus over was full of football players, though I suppose thinking about it now, she might have already gone through that whole group by that time (again, from what I've heard, she was, indeed, that bad and had next to zero supervision from her parents/family) The band teacher, on the other hand, supposedly happily married with two kids and a long career of teaching music, just totally and completely shut her down and rejected every advance she made. After the two hour trip back, and her then going home, it then came out later that evening that she had been 'molested' and 'taken advantage of' by the band teacher. Much later on, when the truth finally came out, she said she had accused him of doing it precisely because he wouldn't! This was like a year or more later and by then his job had been terminated, his name plastered everywhere as a child molester/rapist/pedo, his life, name and marriage ruined, and he had to move out of the state he had lived in his whole life because of the harassment, not the least of which came from the girls own older brothers. They actually very nearly killed him that first night, having gone out with a baseball bat and a gun, looking for him. Luckily, he wasn't at home and they didn't know where he had gone...

And after utterly destroying this mans life, what happened to the girl? Not one damn thing. Nothing. She graduated fine and went on to live a normal life. The whole thing was quickly forgotten after she came forward and said she had lied. As for him, I don't really know, actually. I've tried to follow it as much as possible because I know the girl, but I haven't heard anything about him since it was said he moved out of state, alone, after his wife filed for divorce and custody of their kids.

This is why this shit really gets me pissed! I've seen girls 14-16 in bars and clubs locally, drinking and everything, and unless you actually knew them and their age, you'd think they were 18-21. I mean, if a girl is in a club or bar, drinking, then you have every right to assume they are 21 or older, right? But the problem is, and like what happened to the band teacher, is that the guy is practically crucified while the girl is free to do whatever they please with no repercussions. And it will stay that way and other men will have their lives destroyed until something serious is done to change the perception in this country that guys will screw anything that moves and girls don't poop!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 6, 2012, 02:43 Rigs

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo3QLP4XI4

Dear God in Heaven! You know, I'm all for the less traditional arcade-y type air combat games (like PS2's Ace Combat series). I mean, sometimes I don't want to take a freakin' half hour to run a pre-flight checklist just to get in the air for another half hour flight and then get riddled with AA before ever even seeing my target (DCS: A10C, I'm lookin' right at you! Yeah, you! Don't give me that 'I don't give a shit' look! You keep it up and you'll be grounded for a week, which means no LAN games with your little neighborhood squadron buddies! And clean your hangar! It's a disgrace! And it smells like napalm! What the hell do you guys actually do when I go to work all day?!...you know what, I don't really want an answer to that...)

...but I have to know why developers nowadays equate easier, less realistic, with FAST! I hated HAWX because you looked like your plane was having an epileptic seizure whenever you tried avoiding a missile! Everything went so damn fast, like Quake3 in the air! That doesn't make it more fun! And by the looks of that video, and the 'maneuvers' they did to shake a bogie or missile, looked just like the tripe I was trying hard to forget with HAWX... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Status Report - Editor Possible
17. Re: Wasteland 2 Status Report - Editor Possible Apr 5, 2012, 23:12 Rigs

I'll give him a handjob for only half that amount.

*ahem*

Alrighty then...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
29. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 4, 2012, 05:04 Rigs

I'm seriously surprised to see the amount of hate in this thread. Damn, all the time I'm hearing the old-guard (which includes myself) saying how they'd jump all over (and under) a new space-sim like Elite. 'Just bring out another Elite!'...'Elite4! Where is it?!?'...so wtf?

I'm seriously giddy that he decided to do something that has been totally neglected by the rest of the gaming world (save for Egosoft and some homebrew stuff...which reminds me to tell you guys that they've got a D3D patch for Elite 3 now! AND custom graphics so you can actually play the thing on a modern system! Just throw FFED3D into Google...) Yes, I'm a little wary that this is NOTCH doing it but I'll keep the faith until I see a serious reason not to. The things he's thinking about doing should have already been done in an industry that should still have 'pew, pew' games by the thousands...and doesn't even have more than 5...

EDIT: Hmmm....not that I'm against the purposed 'world' we get to play in but...

It's now the year 281 474 976 712 644 AD, and the first lost people are starting to wake up to a universe on the brink of extinction, with all remote galaxies forever lost to red shift, star formation long since ended, and massive black holes dominating the galaxy.

That leaves a lot of stuff out. I wonder how he's going to accomplish the whole 'black hole' thing? And no more star formation? That sucks...I dunno...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2012, 05:19.

News Comments > The Political Machine 2012 Announced
2. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Announced Apr 4, 2012, 04:47 Rigs

Make self-incriminating emails
Get hacked by Anonymous
Go to jail

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 31, 2012, 03:00 Rigs

Dev wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:06:
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 15:51:
So when are the armchair vets here at Bluesnews going to finally create your own gaming development studio?
If you put up the funding, I'm sure there's people who frequent blues that would jump at the chance to earn some money.

*whistles for no particular reason while setting up huge-ass painting of...*

-------------------------------------------------------------->

That is all.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
6. SotS2... Mar 30, 2012, 23:37 Rigs

You know, I realize that they released the game in the worst possible way imaginable, short of actually shooting the customer in the groin with a 12-guage when they buy it, but I (and you guys probably should) give them some credit for trying to fix this horrific cluster-fuck as fast as they can. They've earned a lot of respect from me that was lost at launch by explaining what's going on, listening to the community and dedicating everything to getting this thing to work. And, contrary to popular opinion, people do make colossal mistakes from time to time. If it was a Take2/BC3000AD type situation, my feelings would be much different, but this isn't, IMO. So I'll wait patiently until it becomes the game that was originally conceived...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deadly 30
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Mar 30, 2012, 20:10 Rigs

That's all well n' good. Kick the shit of EA and dominate the gaming world at your leisure, but for-the-love-of-God, enough with the freakin' zombies already! It's like every damn game that features anything that shoots has to have zombies in one way or another! I'm so sick of this zombie shit...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2012, 02:46.

News Comments > Line of Defense Blog; Comic
1. Re: Line of Defense Blog; Comic Mar 29, 2012, 04:57 Rigs

If it was only anyone other than that jackass, I'd consider it. Maybe I'd see the creativity of it if I could see around his freakin' ego first...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches
20. Re: DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches Mar 28, 2012, 06:01 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 23:36:
Can't tell if troll or fanboy...

Are they mutually exclusive?

ATI fanboy, btw (And when I say ATI, I mean ATI, not AMD...dammit) ---->

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > World of Darkness Footage
13. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 03:51 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 02:27:
grudgebearer wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 01:22:
Rossafur wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 15:50:

It's a short clip of a pre-alpha "graphics test" shown during a panel at a fanfest, and a recording of a recording in a dark room at that, cut them some slack (the game is unlikely to be released until 2014 at minimum). Even with all that, you can make out some pretty advanced lighting effects, and a far more detailed environment than any other MMOs (maybe comparable to the upcoming The Secret World).

I'm just depressed that I'll be 30 by the time this comes out...

It's just a static cityscape...and really just a single street. I mean, if you are going to show off footage of a game that has been in full production since 2008, I'd expect that you'd have more than this.

This.. They have been working on this since 2008 and obviously haven't done shit because their money laundering scheme er I mean Eve is more important to them. Not at all impressed that a game that's been in development to at least some extent for roughly 4 years, has nothing to show for itself. I hope White Wolf hasn't ponied up too much cash for this project because I would say it's being wasted.

At the risk of ultimately sounding like an idiot for not researching the facts first, if this has been in dev mode for that long, then how can anyone agree it's 'looking good'? Except in the literal sense, and even then it looks like some pre-rendered crap a second-year ani student put up for his mid-terms. If it did indeed take FOUR years to get to this point, in a dev studio that does nothing but MMO's to begin with, and with the 'AAA' talent on hand, I can't understand why anyone would get all giddy about it...If it ever does see the light of day, it will probably be quickly forgotten except for the few fanboys...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
24. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 23, 2012, 05:15 Rigs

Tom wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 18:06:
DDL through Gamer's Hell is averaging 550KB/sec and I'm at 600MB so far.

I actually was downloading both at the same time to see which one was faster, but apparently my Net connection is bogged down from everyone streaming their @#@$! Netflix crap! *sigh* Such is the price you pay for cable...It finally did go up to about 200k/sec for a while but it was erratic and I couldn't go anywhere web-wise so I said screw it until tomorrow...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
7. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 17:51 Rigs

I'm getting like 18k/sec on the torrent even with over a 100 seeders and peers.... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer
17. Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Mar 22, 2012, 09:19 Rigs

I was thinking the same thing about the shadows in the greenhouse. Glad I'm not the only one being nit-picky! I assume this is on the CryEngine3? In the two years since Crysis2, you'd think they could've worked the engine a little? Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but it just doesn't go over to...great. Almost, you can see the potential, but it's just a little short, IMO. Plus, my nit-pick list...

1. First off, the good: Those cutscenes in the first trailer were fuckin' awesome! Very realistic, very amazing! I like that they're getting away from the 'plastic face' look, finally...not that has any bearing on the gameplay or the current trailer, I'm just sayin'...

B) Along with the '1 guy against 1000' theme, it's ok if it's done right. If I can be like John McClane then who the fuck cares, right? But two things about it bother me, the fact that every bad guy, except for the main guy, look the same! AND, when you stab someone, why isn't there any wounds on the body itself? Surely we have advanced to the point where we can have location-specific damage decals on the body that show as soon as the wound is made. I just can't get into it if I stab some punk and all I see is this knife-lookin' polygon go into another polygon, with a blood sprite for effect and then pull it out, with no resulting damage. WTF? Guns can cause bullet wounds, but the knives don't? Need to work on that...

3. I'll probably get lambasted for saying this, but it's pretty fuckin' violent. Does it have to be sick and demented to get across that the head bad guy is crazy? Yeah, yeah, I know, Who cares? But damn, it's like every FPS has to up the last one on the violence meter. I can see it if it relates to the story itself, but watching bad guys murder innocent, tied-up civilians, or drowning them in a cave pond...c'mon...

Four - We need higher res textures please! Make my hardcore gaming beast beg! Make it earn it's worth! I wanna see it on it's knees! To hell with the consoles! I want photo-realistic!

I'll probably come up with some more, but what I see, apart from what I've said here, is lookin' really good. I just hope they don't screw it up!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 18:07.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
13. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 21:43 Rigs

In which case you suddenly find that the violent crime rate in Japan is mighty low.

That's because they're too busy sniffing teenagers panties and faping to scat porn to care...something I don't think Americans will take to any time soon... *looks around*...well, most of us, anyway...

Well you may have noticed that they aren't doing anything else with their time...

*ZING!*

=-Rigs-=

1700 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo