Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1753 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2012, 06:09 Rigs

You guys are too fuckin' picky!

I know, I know, don't give me the riot act. For the 'hardcore gamer' tag I routinely use (and throw around at the all-night parties with the ladies...at Denny's), I never did finish Doom3. In fact, I don't think I got more than 15% into it! Same with Quake4. Hell, even less with Quake4, I got to the point in the beginning where you have to go back and get the medic and bring him back. That's as FAR as I got...lol...it just didn't interest me much. I got further in Republic Commandos than Quake4 even! I guess I'm spoiled on per-location damage and severed limbs/full dismemberment mods. I just can't go back to shooting something and just getting a generic puff of blood with no visual effect...yeah, who's being picky now, eh?

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New War of the Roses Content Next Month
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 Rigs

So, uh, how's this making out? I thought it was single-player with AI but I guess not, it's a totally multi MMO-type. How is it? (Honestly, from the videos I've seen the operative word I think is 'glitchy'...lol)...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

News Comments > Hotline Miami Trailer
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2012, 05:08 Rigs

Meh...I much prefer this version... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTj47rcuM-4&feature=player_embedded#t=88s

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 17:21 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 15:57:
Game is fun, but the players are horrible. Far too many whinney teenagers and preteenagers.

I would go as far as to say this is probably one of the worst groups of players I have ever encountered in any game.

Yup..I'll second that...and, you know, it's funny because most times I wouldn't be caught dead in a game such as this but I tried it because a good friend of mine asked me to, he thought it was a good representation of the future of online gaming....

*sigh* yeah...

As to the fight between the two games, why is it that we can't have both exist in the same universe without all the fuckin' bickering about which is better? Let me make it simple for you guys, real quick like...NO ONE FUCKING CARES...seriously, I don't mean that as a knock on you guys, really, I mean that in the end, everyone is going to play whatever the hell they want, regardless of what you say here and what YOU feel. Arguing about it...well, put simply, is pointless. I would have thought PC gamers in the 21st century would have learned that by now! Didn't the whole Mac vs PC, Windows vs Mac argument wear you the hell out yet? GO PLAY WHATEVER GAME YOU ENJOY PLAYING, don't worry what the other guy thinks. Let me ask you, if someone here happens to bring up some point of contention that you actually agree on (god forbid, right?), would that stop you from playing the game because of it? I doubt it, so WHY argue about it? You complain about the whiny teenagers in the game and then come here and emulate their behavior TO A TEE...shut up, play, be happy...

end of line

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Need For Speed Most Wanted MP Trailer
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 02:10 Rigs

I'm...not impressed. Indeed, it certainly looks just like Burnout and plays like Burnout...hell the first part of the video looked like it was taken out of Flatout: Ultimate Carnage! If you didn't tell me what game I was watching, that's what I would have guessed, without hesitation. Damn...this is nothing like the original...time to re-install it and have fun! I mean if people want to play MW again, it's not like it's 20 years old! It still holds up quite well with the details maxed and there's a ton of mods, trainers, cheats, whatever you want, graphics updates, it's got it all. So why start over with a wannabe?

Leave it to EA to bark up the wrong tree, even after the tree's been sucked up by a tornado and spit out clear across to the next county...geez...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
89. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 21:37 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 21:20:
Never played elite. It looks unplayably old. I don't think that mods can fix what I hate about the X games. I should check. Also, have you tried Black Prophecy? The combat is awesome. There's nothing else tho...

You've never played Elite?!? My God, man! lol...No, really, it's not as bad as it looks. It takes like an hour or so to get used to the control system and about another week or two to get used to the whole Newtonian physics/real-time orbital motion-thing...seriously, I've lifted off from a spaceport (on the planet itself), gotten up to a good altitude and just sat there in orbit and watched the space-station go by, the planet spin beneath me, the systems star come into sight and then go behind the planet...you have to put the time compression up a tick or two but it really is quite a sight! And when you have the new graphics, it makes it SO much better. Check out some of those pictures I linked. Some are as good as any space-sim out now, just as detailed w/bump mapping and everything. If landing on planets is the problem you have with X, then Frontier Elite has it covered in spades! And it's a procedural generated universe and it's HUGE! Not just little boxy sectors like X (which, I admit, are kind of annoying but I don't think about it much), everything is real life distances and time. You have to have the fuel, the funds and hopefully the luck not run into any pirates or raiders. If you 'blind jump' to get away, who knows where you might end up! Really, give it a chance. If you don't like it, well, then you don't like it. But at least you tried it.

I downloaded Black Prophecy a long time ago but never installed it. I heard so many mixed reviews and opinions that with all the other releases I just didn't have the time to try it. I still have the files though so I might give it a try finally...Tell you what, I'll try BP if you try Frontier Elite...sound fair?

=-Rigs-=

87. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 20:17 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 08:27:
:p

I actually don't care that much about graphics or real physics. What I care about is actual exploration, a living universe and rewarding progression.

As do I, but at the moment we're limited to only a handful of sims - X, Evochron, and whatever Mr. Derek Smartypants is scheming with this month. And out of those, I'll take X any day of the week...including Sunday. The series has progressed so far since it's early beginnings and with the mods that have been released, it's about as good as you're going to get until something revolutionary comes along. Is Star Citizen it? I have no idea and no one else does either. I certainly hope so and I hope that it succeeds well enough to make other publishers and dev studios sit up and take notice that there IS room for space-sims in this industry. If there can be a frackin' street-sweeping simulation, there can be kick-ass, open-world Elite-style space trading combat sims...

And speaking of Elite, you all are aware that there is a kick-ass patch/mod for Elite3 that brings it's graphics engine into the modern era, right? Just look for D3D Frontier Elite (FED3D) and the Java version also. I've been playing it on and off for months and it's just SO much better than the original graphics-wise plus there's a mod-loader app with many mods for it as well. Check it out if you itching for something else...

EDIT: Some images of the D3D version of Frontier Elite

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 20:22.

79. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 08:21 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 07:37:
Having played the previous X games, I can tell you that that doesn't look sweet.

Well, in that case, go back to that awesome Elite-style space-trading-combat sim that puts Pixar to shame with real Newtonian physics and human-like AI...

...oh, wait...

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2012, 15:25 Rigs

Don't get me wrong, I've been playing since before Wing Commander (though WC was one of the first games I played on a 'modern' PC - in 1992), and I love Privateer and Starlancer AND Freelancer (Starlancer never gets any love! I think it was almost as good as Freespace...seriously!) But one thing bothers the hell out of me when Chris speaks of doing a single player sim and then some kind of multiplayer/MMO -type of thing...he's said it before. When? Freelancer. In the run up to it's release I read preview after preview that touted it's grand single-player with dedicated servers for multi, which is fine. But then he swore that after Freelancers release, say a year or so out, he would release an MMO version of it. In fact, he said the the 'first' single-player release was to be a 'dry run' to work out all the kinks and bugs with the game and then they would put a new version out as an MMO...Of course, it obviously never happened. Freelancer released and I swear the day it went out, he closed up shop and disappeared. I'm not even sure if they released any patches for it. (They probably did, I stopped playing pretty quickly after release) But you never heard another peep out of him about it...

Now here he is trying to wow us again with a suitably impressive demonstration of a new game. But his plans for it are so strikingly similar to Freelancer that I have to sit back and say, 'Nope. I not falling for it again!' I'll wait and see. I'll watch, be sure. And yes, despite my wariness, I AM excited. I just really hope he pulls thru with this one. If anything, I wish he'd be trying to bring Freelancer back, maybe update it and put out the first MMO he said he would ten years ago...

EDIT: I'm with Cutter on this one, gents. I'll watch and wait. X: Rebirth will be coming along soon with a veteran crew at the helm and a seasoned game infrastructure to use...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 18:50 Rigs

In Soviet Russia, World War comes to you!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 02:36 Rigs

Isn't he going to be in the new GI Joe movie? Or was that already out? It's like with Battleship, I kept waiting and wondering when it would come out...and it was out and gone before I knew it! So if the GI Joe movie was out already, I didn't notice...lol...Bruce Willis can't do much wrong, IMO. Next to Clint Eastwood, he's easily the best bad-ass in movies right now. And you know, since Chuck Norris is just letting him have his fun. I wonder why Chuck's not in movies anymore? I mean, the man is considered the only one on Earth that can shit gold bricks but you almost never actually see him. Arnie's too old anymore, same with Stallone. Jet Lee is ok, as is Jackie Chan. Not great. Tom Cruise? Pfft, you serious?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 09:37 Rigs

I see where you're coming from, Creston, don't get me wrong. It's just that I've read reviews on the major sites that sometimes smack of hype and marketing and some that really do look like they played it and have an honest opinion of the game. I wonder what your take is on these things, though...like how long after a game has been released should a reviewer put out his review (should they finish the whole game, most of it, or just get a feel for it and most of it's components - obviously playing the whole thing is ideal but in some games, that's not possible or feasible), how in-depth and long the review itself should be (I've seen one page reviews that seem to get all the relevant things covered, like the 'Out of Eight' reviews and I've seen 10 page, very in-depth reviews covering every aspect of the game) and, as was mentioned, should other games in a series be brought up and compared or should it be evaluated on it's own merits alone?

I'm just curious is all. I'm having sort of a 'writers block' episode lately so I'm not able to easily put into words the point I'm trying to convey...My apologies...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 15:07 Rigs

I respectfully disagree, Creston. Not that reviewers are marketing hacks in sheeps clothing (this is gonna be shorter than intended as lightning is hitting pretty freakin' close right now), but that reviewers have to point out the things that other reviewers miss to be an actual unbiased reviewer. What if he agrees with what's been said elsewhere? It just seems like the only time anyone is credited for actually playing the game is if they go against the status quo. If they agree with everyone else or point out the same things, automatically they're just jumping on the bandwagon, whether it be good or bad...Really, that's a 'Devil's Advocate' impression of things and I'd like to expand further on it but I can't right at this second...lol...time to shut things down and go read a book...Man, I fuckin' hate Florida!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 01:14 Rigs

Sorry for your loss, Cutter.

In the last 10 years or so I've lost 8 family members including my sister (2006) and my father (2009). I just lost one of my best friends a month and a half ago, though I have to say I'm glad she passed relatively quickly because she was suffering so much. I sit here and often think how no one ever prepares you for losing basically every one you care about as you get older. Time doesn't heal all wounds, I don't care what they say...

Can't believe Sinclair's gone... Entil'zha veni...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 00:18 Rigs

This thing's bug-ridden shit. Unless you like to play with bug-ridden shit, I suggest you wait until it's discounted to near nothing...which considering the reaction it's getting, shouldn't be too long. I mean, why? How? WHY!?! It had SO much potential...grrrr...another of my childhood dreams crushed like so many dandelions under a crashing walrus..

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NBA 2K13
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 00:13 Rigs

I kept seeing commercials for this last night while watching 'Family Guy' on TBS and thinking, 'Didn't they cancel this?'. Then I realized it was EA's NBA LIVE that was cancelled...not that I care either way, I'm not a basketball fan in the slightest. Just confused...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 23:32 Rigs

Demo? What's that?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 23:13 Rigs

FTL...seriously, I have yet to beat that bastard end Rebel ship, after nearly 10 tries...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 Rigs

Uh, Creston...

Re: No Federal --> 38 <-- Studios Charges

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 00:05:
...gave --> 58 <-- studios...

Sorry, you got my OCD senses on overload for a second...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 18:15 Rigs

*claps hands together*

Alright! Time to get this torrent starte... *looks around and realizes there are people watching*

...uh, err, I mean, time to grab that credit card and car keys and mosey on down to EB...uh, I mean, GAME...shit, uh, I mean, Gamespot...STOP! GAMESTOP!" *trips over chair and nosily runs out the door*

=-Rigs-=

1753 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo