Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Steam Hardware Rumors
6. Re: Valve on Steam Hardware Rumors Mar 8, 2012, 23:19 Rigs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:57:
That's okay, by the time they release this...we'll be using quantum computers and optronic hardware wired in by wetware.

'Wetware'...what a word. I suppose 'Meatbag' would work too, eh? Us being in the Matrix n' all...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
33. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 8, 2012, 06:40 Rigs

MEANWHILE...At the Legion of Doom...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Tracing Rays Through the Cloud
14. Re: Tracing Rays Through the Cloud Mar 5, 2012, 18:59 Rigs

This whole 'cloud' thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've seen too many circle-jerk articles lamenting the future of...EVERYTHING!....is going to the cloud yet as has been previously stated, the US network infrastructure is woefully inadequate and the US based network providers are too busy seeing how many pennies they can squeeze out of the normal wi-fi/3g/4g consumer in ratios and quotas to worry about actually planning ahead far enough to let these massive bandwidth-eatiing techs to mature and prosper.

So that settles it....I'm goin' to South Korea! Who's goin' with me?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Takes Off
23. Re: Microsoft Flight Takes Off Mar 1, 2012, 09:42 Rigs

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 16:33:
...but lack of anything moving makes the world feel dead. I'll pass.

Damn, you kids with you're dynamic scenery and AI-controlled aircraft...When I was your age...

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Maybe it's time to upgrade from my beloved copy of Flight Simulator 4 and see what this new fangled technology you youngins are always jabberin' about is like...I'm keeping my EGA-videocard though...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Preorder Bonus: Assassinate Hitler
11. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Preorder Bonus: Assassinate Hitler Feb 28, 2012, 21:22 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 18:44:
It's Adolf Hitler, not Adolph

Semantics will get you latrine duty, Private! Now get your ass out there, it's suppose to start raining in a few minutes and I don't want you to miss that particular opportunity...don't worry, you can thank me later... preferably not with a grenade...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 27, 2012, 05:29 Rigs

I'll keep posting this on the 'On Sale' comments until I get tired of it, sell everything or am told to get lost. My apologies if anyone feels this is spamming but I have no other way to get the word out but be assured I mean no disrespect. This is completely legit, I've been coming here a long time and my name is listed on the 'Good Traders' thread on SimHQ, where this list originated. For those that want to shout the typical 'Put it on ebay, dumbass!', I'm working on that right now. The problem with that though is...

1. I don't have a high ranking ebay account (since it's brand new)
2. I don't want to list everything separately (we're talking like 50 or more games and hardware) as it is not cost effective and I have no wish to become a 'company account'. After this is done I will probably have no more use for my eBay account.

So, if anyone knows a better place where I could put these games up for sale, then please let me know and I will do so and be thankful for it. Until then, the game list is here:

http://clubrigs.wordpress.com

Yes, it's a blog site. No, it's not fake, I'm not a 'bot' and this is not spam. I just needed somewhere to put the list that everyone could get to. The board on SimHQ where it was put first is only visible to SimHQ members (AFAIK), which doesn't help me very much if I wish to sell elsewhere. Again, if anyone knows a better way to do this, I'll be more than happy to listen. Thanks, guys!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2012, 17:42 Rigs

Well, I had let Blue know about my attempt to sell a portion of my game collection to help with getting things needed for a system I'm building for a friends young son, thinking maybe he'd mention it. But it's his decision and his site and I respect it either way. Obviously, I would imagine if you help one, you open the door to the crowd waiting outside wanting the same thing. So I do understand but I figured it was worth a shot anyway.

In any event, I'll keep posting this on the 'On Sale' comments then until I get tired of it, sell everything or am told to get lost. This is completely legit, I've been coming here a long time and my name is listed on the 'Good Traders' thread on SimHQ, where this list originated. For those that want to shout the typical 'Put it on ebay, dumbass!', I'm working on that right now. The problem with that though is...

2. I don't want to list everything separately (we're talking like 50 or more games and hardware) as it is not cost effective and I have no wish to become a 'company account'. After this is done I will probably have no more use for my eBay account.

So, if anyone knows a better place where I could put these games up for sale, then please let me know and I will do so and be thankful for it. Until then, the game list is here:

Yes, it's a blog site. No, it's not fake, I'm not a 'bot' and this is not spam. I just needed somewhere to put the list that everyone could get to. The board on SimHQ where it was put first is only visible to SimHQ members (AFAIK), which doesn't help me very much if I wish to sell elsewhere. Again, if anyone knows a better way to do this, I'll be more than happy to listen. Thanks, guys!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2012, 04:54 Rigs

Well, I had let Blue know about my attempt to sell a portion of my game collection to help with getting things needed for a system I'm building for a friends young son, thinking maybe he'd mention it. But it's his decision and his site and I respect it either way. Obviously, I would imagine if you help one, you open the door to the crowd waiting outside wanting the same thing. So I do understand but I figured it was worth a shot anyway.

In any event, I'll keep posting this on the 'On Sale' comments then until I get tired of it, sell everything or am told to get lost. This is completely legit, I've been coming here a long time and my name is listed on the 'Good Traders' thread on SimHQ, where this list originated. For those that want to shout the typical 'Put it on ebay, dumbass!', I'm working on that right now. The problem with that though is...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 21, 2012, 22:07 Rigs

I'm selling a good part of my game collection to raise money for some parts for a system to give to a son of a friend. I've tried to keep the prices on par with what's out there, might be some you can't find elsewhere...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
19. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 7, 2011, 18:18 Rigs

Believe it or not, Flatout (the original) came out a little different than what was intended. I have an article from way back when it was merely a rather complete alpha and it was a lot 'better' than what the final product turned out to be. In particular, the physics were toned down quite a bit from alpha to final. In the article, nearly everything was movable or destroyable and the damage model of the cars, while pretty detailed in the final, was even more so in the alpha. I suspect they toned it down due to performance and playability reasons but I wish we could've had the game that was originally envisioned. FO:UC is pretty good and I play it often but I can't help but wonder what might have been...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > AVault for Sale
9. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 6, 2011, 00:40 Rigs

Wow, they're finally going to let it rest in peace now? 'Bout frakin' time. You guys pretty much listed all the must-go-to sites ('cept for this one, of course ) in the mid to late 1990's. Sharkey's, GoneGold, Avault, ShackNews, NextGen/DailyRadar/MorningWoodNews (or whatever the hell they tried to call it), ATFW (A Time For War - spacesim news), Tom's Hardware and HardOCP (before they became an institution)...all sites that were 'need to read' back in the day. I'm sure there were others that I've glanced over. Now, really, the only one left that hasn't become a shell or an 'all-in-one' news/reviews/interviews/'entertainment'/mens health/sex advice/recipes/gaming-related smart comedy/blahblahblah, is the one your visiting right now and I can't emphasise enough how absolutely happy I am that Blue hasn't sold-out after all these years! I mean, all these other sites that constantly changed to get the most revenue possible and failed yet Blues gets by on just light advertising...If Blue ever put a 'Donate' button on the front page, I'd click that thing multiple times a month!

On a side note, whatever happened to Gone Gold? I used to adore that site! Then it was just...gone... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Epic IP Reveal Saturday
9. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:03 Rigs

Holy shit, talk about a 'glass half-empty' crowd...damn... Flood

Wasn't that 'castle' demo part of the original Unreal intro/menu? I vaguely remember it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
31. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 3, 2011, 14:24 Rigs

End of story.

Actually, far from it. If anyone cared to really read everything, Notch, in his infinite wisdom, came out to be the asshat. 'The Yogs' were apparently floored when they were asked about what happened. They thought it had gone well but Notch opened his mouth and promptly tried to squeeze both feet in as 'The Yogs' were on their way back to their native England. So, yeah, not really the most important piece of drama in the world, but I'd rather read about that than watch idiots on the tv take turns telling whoever will listen what they think Mr. Herman Cain is gonna do or why they think the Penn State coach shoulda not been fired over Mr. Butterfingers...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > StarDrive Announced
11. Re: StarDrive Announced Dec 3, 2011, 09:14 Rigs

Oh, and zer0sum, I wish you the best of luck with your game! Please continue to drop by and give us the heads up on your progress and know that some of us here would be very willing to be beta testers should the need arise. Most of us here are always willing to get a game out on the right foot (and a lot of us have massive amounts of experience with beta testing and/or game development) and you've done more than 90% of the rest of the industry by actually coming here and speaking. It's an excellent way to garner attention and approval of your game so don't hesitate to come around more often...

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: StarDrive Announced Dec 3, 2011, 09:08 Rigs

Blasphemy. A 4X game is a 4X game. Are you saying traditional is merely turn-based?

No, I'm saying that for the most part, 4X games are considered to be turn-based. I'm not putting Sins down because it's real-time but most hardcore 4X gamers and war-gamers are going to tell you that a genuine 4X game is turn-based. 'Explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate'. That's what a 4X game is and obviously Sins does those very things, but most will tell you that you need a turn-based mechanism so that you can plan out attacks and moves. In real-time it's hard to make elaborate plans. I see Sins as a 4X-hybrid, not a 'traditional' 4X strategy game. And I don't think I'm the only one to make this distinction. If you consider it a genuine 4x game, so be it. I'm not saying you're wrong to rain on your parade. There's room for both opinions so it doesn't have to be either/or...ok?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
29. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 3, 2011, 08:50 Rigs

Sooo, I'm guessing everyone either missed this or forgot about it?

(http://www.bluesnews.com/s/127812/etc)
etc. [Nov 23, 2011, 11:26 am ET] - 1 Comment

Help from Hell - Assassin's Creed- Revelations FAQ/Walkthrough
Official Minecon drama discussion thread and My Experience with the Yogscast team at MineCon and About Yogscast & Notch. Attempts to capture some of the drama of Minecon. Thanks Rigs…

When I read the announcement he was 'stepping down', I immediately thought it had to do with this little 'open mouth, insert foot' disaster at Minecon a few weeks ago...

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: StarDrive Announced Dec 2, 2011, 08:37 Rigs

Well, I think that the 4X genre in general has been a sequence of really good hits (GalCiv2, Distant Worlds, MOO, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation) and absolutely soul-crushing disasters (Sword of the Stars 2, MOO3)...Since Stardock seems content on not going forward with the GalCiv series any time soon (unfortunately), I think this might have some promise. IF it gets out of the Star Ruler mold of working with little to nothing and grabs onto a publisher willing to give it the resources such a game needs. I mean, Star Ruler was ok, but it needed funds for development and a dedicated publisher to hold it's hand. As it is, it needs some more work. SotS2 will go down as an example of what NOT to do. Sins of a Solar Empire was good and still has mods coming out regularly but it can't really be considered in the traditional 4X framework. Which leaves GalCiv and Distant Worlds. Both are excellent. GalCiv is more 'casual' to DW's 'everything including the kitchen sink' model....

Imagine, for a second, a title, as deep and detailed as Distant Worlds, as engaging and easy to use as GalCiv2 and as customizable and tactical as an FPS or shooter...You do the whole strategic angle and then during battles or exploration, you take control of a certain ship (like the flagship of a fleet, RTS-style) or get down into the boots of a general or soldier Battlefield 2-style. Now THAT is a game I would gladly pay out of the ass for! And I think computing power has come around lately to be able to handle such a title, assuming the right developer can be brought on-board with a publisher's FULL support...SO LETS GET TO IT! I've been waiting 20+ years for such a thing and I seriously doubt I'm the only one!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
25. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 01:39 Rigs

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:33:

My orc is stuck in a dungeon with mages and no way out, basically.

You do have one option...

CHEAT! (cheats and/or trainers)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient
18. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 17:18 Rigs

Dev wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 16:27:
Edit: Wiki has this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(franchise)#Sequel
Apparently they ARE planning to do a movie, but there's confusion as to if they are doing an anime style 3d animated mad max sequel, or a live action one, or both.

Please tell me your fucking kidding....Oh god let that be misinformation...If it is indeed real, I have lost ALL faith with the movie industry. I'm done. No more. Nope. Ain't gonna do it. The only movie in the forseeable future that I am even REMOTELY interested in is the next Star Trek movie. Everything else can #$@@#$%! off! Fer real...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2011, 17:09 Rigs

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 09:20:
I've heard that taking zinc, like Cold-eaze can help the symptoms and length of a cold, and I think there are even a few studies backing that up.
There's also documented cases of people using their sense of smell.

Don't forget the documented cases of alien abductees too...

Ugh...speaking of which, this virus isn't terrestial, it's gotta be a alien engineered super duper virus(tm) trying to take hold of the human population...I always wondered what it would be like to be one of the first to greet aliens? Never thought it would end like this....Where the hell is Will Smith when you need 'im, eh?!

EDIT: OH, right, he's busy divorcing his alien wife...forgot...

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo