Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Adam Sessler Out At G4… Apr 26, 2012, 05:32 Rigs

Dammit...

Not like I watch anyway, but he was funny. A shame, now it's...
20 nothing year old bimbo with a nice rack who knows fuck-all about games to bring in the teen boys and old losers

Thank you, Cutter. You said exactly what I was thinking...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cryptic Accounts Accessed
8. Re: Cryptic Accounts Accessed Apr 26, 2012, 05:25 Rigs

Saboth wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 22:45:
Wow, I'm getting tired of my information getting possibly "stolen". First it was Sony, then Trion, then Steam, then a CC breach, then Cryptic. All that in the past year!

What is the F'ing purpose of me making complex passwords if the merchants can't properly protect the data on their end?

This is why I'm not keen on having to make an online account to give away all my personal information just to play single player games (ahem Origin, Battlenet, Ubisoft, etc.) Just more people to get hacked.

FFFFFFFUCK! Dammit, dammit, dammit!!! Geezus fuckin' Christ, I'm about tired of this bullshit too! I play STO so I knew as soon I saw the news post an email would be sitting waiting and sure enough....

*sigh*

This is getting ridiculous. Someone in China tried to get access to my Facebook account just last month - again! That's twice. Now this. I knew this shit was going to get crazy when I found a list of like 10,000 logins and passwords up on pastebin and one of them was mine! So I changed everything. Not that it mattered, apparently. You're right, why do we spend the time when it can be stolen outright? But you're preaching to the choir, my friend. Ain't nothin' gonna change until they end up launching nukes or some shit...we never learn....

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers
2. Re: New AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers Apr 26, 2012, 05:07 Rigs

Fuck a duck?! I've seen someone fuck a chicken...but that was in my college years...it's hazy but I think it's possible...OH! It was just a figure of speech...ah, carry on then...

About time they bring these things out. I hope they're better than the 12.3's. Man, the texture corruption was somethin' else...

Cutter, if things are runnin' fine, I'd leave it alone. Don't break what already works...

EDIT: What, no driver only package?! Christ, 110mb that I only need 12mb out of...geezus...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 21:01 Rigs

And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

You say you've lived 'all over' but I really wonder if you've spent a good amount of time down here. If you had, and actually gone out into the public and hung out with some of the 'locals', you'd be saying different. Ok, I'm from the north, I don't like the south (for various reasons) but damn. I'm not the only one saying these things. My ex-wife was born in FL and lived here until we moved to NJ in 2000. Even she realizes most of the people, especially in our part of FL are straight-out Jeff Foxworthy uh, worthy rednecks. I've seen most of the shit he jokes about here. I didn't have to go to Kentucky (where my ex is now, ironically enough) or Tennessee or Alabama to witness couches in the front lawn, 20 cars in the backyard (or one big ass boat in the backyard of my friends ex-husband, one that he would go on every weekend and 'sail'...no shit), the questionable lineage of some family members...I've seen it ALL. For you to tell me it's a stereotype...well, no shit, YEAH, of course it is, because it's fuckin' true!

I realize I'm never going to convince you otherwise and I'm not gonna argue about it either. It's pointless. I just wanted to have some fun with the little miscreant. You're of course entitled to your opinion. I know what goes on around here, whether it's PC to say as much, I really don't care. I've seen it and that's all that matters. You want proof, I'd be more than happy to show you...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 21:07.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 18:19 Rigs

maleitch wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:24:
I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 18:25.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 14:49 Rigs

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:32:
Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:00:
If it's moving to the Mid- or Southwest, don't go. With your wife's apparent hatred for airconditioning, you'll be trying to survive in a 150 degree attic...

I can't help but think the south would be an eye opener for both of them.

You ain't kiddin', nin. If you don't like searing heat and blinding sun 99.8% of daylight hours, then the south (and especially FL) are definitely off the list. I've been here in FL since 1993 and I'll be damned if I ever consider this my home. Born and raised in NW NJ and that will always be home.

Just make sure wherever you're moving has NFL Network, Week 3 of the Giants schedule is an NFL Network game, and if you're out of the area it most likely won't be on local channels. Then again, if you're out of area you may need to get Sunday Ticket to watch the Giants.....

Watch when he finds they have to go to Seattle...LOL...Go Seahawks! (Or, god forbid, Chicago! ) *shudder*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 15:11.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
18. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:34 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 15:41:
Too bad Crytek couldn't have just bought up the rights to Alien and Terminator franchises because that's really what they want this to be, unfortunately it'll never be as epic as either of them.

You know, I was thinking the other day,it would be EPIC to have a movie with Alien, Predator and Terminator. Maybe humans in the middle, but none of this black girl impresses Predator with her l33t Alien hunting skillz shit (AVP1...or maybe she's the daughter of Danny Glover's character in Pred2?). That ruined the movie for me. As much as humans want to think we're somehow important in the grand scheme of things (like being the descendants of the 'Forerunners' in HALO mythology or evolution-worthy in Babylon5), I tend to believe we're just insects in a universe of much better bred giants (the end of MIB2 makes a good picture of this, surprisingly). While I understand you have to make the movie appeal to the common movie-goer, that doesn't mean we always have to know exactly how to command respect from other sentient life. But that ALSO doesn't mean that said life has to be inherently evil or bad and want to wipe humanity off the face of existence. Just if we wanna play with big boys on the galactic playground, we can't have an ego trip when we step on another's toes or piss one them off and start a full scale war. They may just be content enough to annihilate one of our colonies and be done with it. In other words, just because we fight, doesn't mean it's to the death of the species itself. And we can't assume that just because we can hold our own for a short period that said aliens will all of a sudden respect us and think of us as equals...So I think if we did have a 3-way plus humans (though I don't see why there have to be humans in it at all to be honest), it should have this in mind to truly set it apart from the crap that's come before... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
12. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 14:21 Rigs

You know what would be cool? If the aliens really turned out to be North Koreans in the biggest Cos-play convention ever! You find out at the end that it was really just a big misunderstanding and Kim Jung Un really just was trying to surprise the world and show they really aren't all those bad meanies who want world domination. They just want to be loved!

*ahem*

Anyway, I found this on the site and thought it was interesting how they worded it:
'Crysis®3 is the ultimate sandbox shooter, realized in the stunning visuals only Crytek and the latest version of CryENGINE® can deliver.

Does this mean an open world like GTA or like Wolf2009 with a 'hub' system? Also, when the hell did they put a dome on NYC? I guess I should finally finish Crysis2 to find out, eh?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer
40. Re: Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer Apr 22, 2012, 08:36 Rigs

SXO wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 08:41:
YES!!!!! I miss having big manuals and even boxes for my games. I still kept all of my old ones. It was a ritual for me to explore the contents of the box, then spend 1 or 2 days reading the manual before I even started playing the game. Anyone remember the Falcon 4.0 manual?

We must've been separated at birth (or it's more common than I thought) because that is exactly the same thing I do...well, did when there are/were big ol' manuals in the box. Whereas most just grab the disc and install it right away and try to figure it out, I would carefully and methodically take everything out of the box one-by-one and lay them out. Then I'd read each thing and then start on the manual. After having read the manual, which sometimes would take more than one sitting, I'd load the game up, with manual close by, and begin.

I still have nearly every box to every game I've gotten for the last 20 years, stored in a plastic moving container, in a cool, dark place like my closet or under the bed. Occasionally I'll pull some of them out and read the manuals again (Microprose's Task Force 1942 being a favorite for reading, along with the first 'modern' PC game I ever bought (SIX months before buying a computer to play it on!) - Aces of the Pacific). As for Falcon4, I had the original 3-ring binder version of it (which I read often as well, along with the maps and making notes (on stickies, not in the manual itself - that's a no-no)) up until last December when I sold it to someone on SimHQ who would be able to play and use it more than I had time for lately.

This is a gaming tradition that NEEDS to come back! Indie developers are becoming all the rage nowadays, so this is a perfect time to bring back the manuals! Hell, include it with the 'perks' you get for funding a game. I'd gladly pitch in for it, and I'm sure many others would as well...

(Incidentally, I keep bringing this up but it does have relevance here so I'll mention it again - I have many, many games in my collection for sale on my blog and at SimHQ's Buy/Sell/Trade board , nearly all with boxes and manuals intact and pretty cheap. So if you're looking for something in particular, check it out!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer
32. Re: Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer Apr 21, 2012, 03:35 Rigs

You should just pirate the DLC and check it out, they made a lot of improvements.

*A loud gasp and hushed silence falls over the internet* 'Did he...did he say what I think he said?!' MAKE YOUR TIME!

Name the last "awesome" game they made, then ask yourself what that game would've been like without EA's taint on the developer.

Well...LHX was pretty damn good. Seal Team kicked ass too.

Big manuals with lots of history and pictures need to make a comeback! How about a kickstarter for game manuals?! Now that's something I'd pay for! DL-what? Give me a game manual the size of a high school textbook in every game and I'll buy all the damn HORSE ARMOR you want!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo
6. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 20, 2012, 04:29 Rigs

Oooh, violence for violence's' sake...I like it!

I have the first one, and while fun (at times), it gets a little bogged down. The missions are a little dull, somewhat erratic in mission progression. The textures are downright ugh-ley! But it's a fun little romp, quickly forgotten. I'm selling mine for $7 (along with a whole bunch of other games) at SimHQ's Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Personally, I liked Sniper: Ghost Warrior much more. Modern day weapons and enviros and a kick-ass slo-mo kill-cam that I could watch all damn day. In fact there are certain parts of missions I have a save so I could go back and do them over and over. Mainly shooting bad guys from a long way away, like a sniper should. The slo-mo never gets old. I'm hopin' the second one is everything the first was and more. Same for this one, gonna have to pick up the demo and see for myself...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DiRT Showdown and Demo Next Month Bringing New Label & Hub
2. Re: DiRT Showdown and Demo Next Month Bringing New Label & Hub Apr 19, 2012, 18:42 Rigs

Well, according to some of the Youtube vids, the demo is already out there somewhere and someone is purported to have a crack available for either the demo or the full version. Is it all an elaborate social engineering hoax to get me (you) to click, or is it legit?

Tune back NEXT TIME, on Republican Space Rang...uh, I mean, DIRT SHOWROOM SHOWDOWN FIREWORKS GOOD GAME BOOM! (contains less than 10% real fruit juice)

EDIT: Just tell me one thing, please? What in the hell is the draw about drifting?!? I don't get it, I really don't. I like the DIRT series, though I wish they'd put it on the shelf for a year or two and come out with a good sequel to GRID instead. I still play GRID regularly and aside from a somewhat 'twitch' handling (in the 'non-pro' modes anyway, as I can't shift gears in a manual transmission even if my frakin' life depended on it...hence the 6-speed shift on my G25 goes pretty much unused unless I get frisky some days and try it, as if I somehow learned to stick-shift between now and the last time I failed miserably)
So, yeah, what gives? It's not that it's BAD per-se, just I don't see a point or an 'allure' to the whole thing and I wonder what the motivation is to have it as an actual motorsport?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2012, 04:17.

15. Re: The Harsh Reality Of Trying To Bring Firefly Back. Apr 16, 2012, 22:28 Rigs

Yeah, but didn't they kill off some of the crew/cast in the movie?

Disclaimer: I've only watched the movie, not the series, so don't burn me alive at the stake for not knowing...

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2012, 18:41 Rigs

Ugh, I'd still GLADLY take the weather up there or even dodge the occasional 'air whirlpool' than have to endure yet another horrible summer down here in FL. Much like the rest of the country, we went from winter to summer within' a couple weeks. A/C's been on for the last month or so. Granted, it has been nice the last few days but today started muggy so I'm pretty sure it'll end downright uncomfortable. And before anyone decides to tell me I complain too much, you try to get some @#%^! sleep at night when the air is dead still and the humidty and temp hover near the dewpoint. It's impossible, I tell you! And only six more months of it to go...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 0x10cͨ Screenshots
54. Re: 0x10<sup>c</sup>&#872; Screenshots Apr 15, 2012, 15:53 Rigs

LFace wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 03:59:
I dont agree with everything Notch does from a business point of view, such as how slow and incomplete minecraft is with a shed load of bugs and stuff, but I feel I ought to at least set things straight with the comments in this thread that these screenshots are from the "finished" game. They clearly are not. They are from the first few stages of development of his level designer. Moaning about how crap it looks this early is as stupid as moaning how bad Quake 3 would have looked before any texturing and animation and even the rounded vertices used for archways and stuff. Its work in progress.

I don't think anyone that commented in this thread was under the impression that these were anywhere near finished quality. We weren't born yesterday (well, I wasn't, I don't know about the rest of you ). It's obvious what these shots were from and how they came to be. If anyone was fooled into thinking they were of a finished product, I have a whole bunch of prime FL swamp-...uh, I mean, beachfront property on the market for cheap...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 0x10cͨ Screenshots
45. Re: 0x10<sup>c</sup>&#872; Screenshots Apr 13, 2012, 00:41 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 19:58:
Like others have said, you build your ship in the game with a 3D modeling tool. If you think you can do better than what is in the screenshots... you'll have a chance to prove it.

Looks like he was testing the shapes, the computer screen overlay, shadowing, and importing character models.

OH EM GEE WHERE ARE THE TEXTURES WAAHHH.

Oh come on, Sepharo, you can't tell me that Elite 3 didn't look miles better than Elite 2?! The difference? Textures (among others). I am surprised though that in this whole thread only one person mentioned Elite. I don't know why, but for some reason this game reminds me much of the much-hyped and forever vapor game, 10th Planet. Anyone remember that one? Never came out, was cancelled quite a while into the project but for some reason this and that seem to have some kind of connection...and, no, it's not because they both have '10' in the title...

EXTRA CREDIT: In what genre, and by what name, was the only Red Storm (Rainbow Six) game developed but never released? The right answer gets the 'Cookie of Knowledge'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition
12. Re: Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition Apr 11, 2012, 18:01 Rigs

PHJF wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 14:55:
You mean besides Call of Juarez: The Cartel?

Just gotta bust my bubble, don't ya?

Yes, but something not cliche'd out the ass, please...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition
8. Re: Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition Apr 11, 2012, 12:57 Rigs

Ugh. Why does it always have to be that the 'Agency' some hitman works for always 'betrays' them and they have to figure out the convoluted plot while the police search for them? Haven't there been like a million games and movies like that lately? Enough already!

We haven't seen a 'Kill the drug cartel' game in a while, how about one of them? Seeing how Mexico is now ruled by them and drug violence in America is at it's highest since the 80's...you know, something plausible?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3 Clues
16. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 12:51 Rigs

Hmm...this was funny...

The takeaways: it appears we'll be staying in the urban jungle instead of returning to the jungle jungle, and, despite the higher-than-a-giraffe's-hat high-tech Nanosuit and arsenal of devastating human and alien weaponry at our disposal, bow and arrow will be our weapon of choice. Which begs the question: given that the Nanosuit in power mode is capable of super heroic speed and force, wouldn't we be better off throwing arrows at enemies instead of notching and firing them with a bow?

Indeed.

I liked Crysis 1. It was a major motivator to build a new system...after seeing how appalling it ran on my P4/2.66 with an ATI Radeon850. So I built BlackOmega and was happy. Well, until I realized I had built a box that was a generation behind, that is (dumbass - Spent good money building a Core2Duo box when the Core i5's and i7's were just out - duh!) So I built *cue trumpets, lights and angels singing* BlackOmega2.(A Core i5-750/2.8) And there was much rejoicing and killing...uh, virtually I mean. Going from an x850PRO to an HD4870 (and then an HD5770 (which are both about the same in power)) was quite an eye opener. And Crysis ran great. I didn't like the expansion, Warhead, though. It seemed like a step back in ways. Stuff that was destroyable in the full game wasn't in the expansion...huh?! And it just had a different vibe to it. I dunno, maybe it was me. I never did finish either one...lol...but that's one of my 'hallmarks'. I never finish games. I always play them but never finish them...lol...

When Crysis 2 came out, I cried bloody murder. Damn you, gaming gods! It looked good, and I thought by cranking up the settings, my system could handle it as good as Crysis 1.

I was very disappointed.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Alter Ego Demo
2. Re: Alter Ego Demo Apr 9, 2012, 02:37 Rigs

You and me both...

Fuckin' zombies and horror...enough already! (And get the hell off my lawn!)

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo