Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1731 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 17:24 Rigs

jimnms wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:32:
BTW, has anyone else been having problem with YouTube lately? Videos seem to be stopping randomly between 10 and 30 seconds before it reaches the end. It's fucking pissing me off, even moving the slider back it will stop and jump back to the end. I have to take note of the exact time it stops and move the slider to 1 second past that to see the whole thing.

I've been having a problem for about the last two months with videos buffering about 1/3 and then stopping or when I change to 720p or 1080p, it takes forever and a day to buffer...and it's not on just one system, it's all of the ones in the house. If I go to videosift or watch a video on any other site, it's fine. Only Youtube does it. Now that is maddening...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 17:21 Rigs

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 17:08:
Edit:
New vehicle design revealed!

You'll be crying when that actually happens...

Wildone wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 17:05:
Yea its so dead Star Citizen raised over 2 million already..just dead int he mind of the console kiddies..

I didn't say it was dead, I said it's considered dead and niche...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:41 Rigs

While cautiously optimistic, you guys have to remember that in the original press release, they said that the new movie of the new trilogy was already being worked on and they had a plot for a while. Add that to the statement from Lucas that if he DID make another trilogy, the story would be NOTHING like what came out in the books, it has me hoping that I'm just being paranoid. I'm also wondering what this does to the live-action Clone Wars tv show? Is it coming out still or was it cancelled?

As for LucasArts...I think it will be some time before we ever here about the possibility of an X-Wing/Tie Fighter revival. Disney has money to make up and they're going to do that by throwing anything out there that they know will sell barrels and buckets. Keep in mind, the space-sim genre is thought to be dead and a 'niche' genre. I don't see them changing that any time soon. Though, if Roberts has a good release of Star Citizen, they might change their minds. And since they say they will probably just license it out, they might even give it to Roberts to make...which I like and don't like in equal quantities...

The only thing we can do right now, unfortunately, is sit and wait...like usual...

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:30 Rigs

Welcome back to civilization, Blue! I have to ask, did you really feel out of touch with the world with no access? Some people say they're ok with it, doesn't bother them and others say they freak out and think it's the end of the world. I'm curious...I know whenever the power goes out here (often), especially at night, that little voice in the back of my mind wonders if it's just a glitch or the beginning of a nuclear holocaust...Anyway, good to have you back, Blue! I got lots of news to catch up on, apparently...

Oh, and your honored underlings here think that the Blue->Black front page gradient would be swell!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
58. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 14:55 Rigs

entr0py wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:37:
That has been their MO with the series ever since GTA III. I think part of that strategy is the hope that some fans will actually buy the game twice. I admit I did with GTA III and Vice City; once on the PS2 because I couldn't wait, then again on PC for a better experience at a more reasonable price. Actually announcing the superior PC version is coming in a few months would cut down on the impulse console buys. But of course it will come.

You know, you guys are bitching but entropy already gave the game away...you and I know damn well *R will put out a PC version. They haven't NOT put out a GTA before on PC, why stop now, eh? Yes, yes, RDR wasn't ported. It's a shame and I really don't see WHY it wasn't. It doesn't do anything that makes it 'console exclusive'...really, it's just a wild-west GTA, almost to a tee...I think some of you guys get your knickers in a bunch on purpose...like instead of coffee or that line of coke, you come on here and bitch to get your blood flowin'...hey, whatever floats your boat, buddy...

=-Rigs-=

136. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 00:35 Rigs

Dev wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:50:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:55:
I know it's too much to ask, but really what's the chances of EP7 actually being about Thrawn?
O M G. If it were! That trilogy were THE BEST star wars books ever written. The story was incredible. That trilogy got me into buying basically ever star wars book that ever came out... until the last few years when they started killing off major characters, blowing up the galaxy, having his kids turn dark and kill each other, etc.

You know, I was just thinking about this very thing the other day...I got the feeling that they had just run out of ideas that far out from the original story. I mean, how many times can the galaxy be nearly obliterated? And how many times can you re-form a government and be taken seriously? How many different republics and 'alliances' have there been now? 4 or 5? And how they've nearly killed almost all of the 'next gen' of characters. Whatever happened to growing old? Hell, if Obi-Wan had been around for the extended universe, he probably wouldn't have made it past 40...

=-Rigs-=

135. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 00:24 Rigs

eDave wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:14:
Rigs wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:41:
Did I hear 'redesign'? I'm still waiting for those front page color gradients...*arms folded, taps foot*

Can't believe old school black is so un-preferred...

Well, it has been a while since the site was all black, so newer visitors might not even realize that it was that way before. I still think the Blue->Black gradient is the most appealing...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2012, 00:30.

89. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:41 Rigs

Did I hear 'redesign'? I'm still waiting for those front page color gradients...*arms folded, taps foot*

Good to hear the BlueTower is still standing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Iron Sky: Invasion Delay
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:06 Rigs

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 18:50:
I'm Dutch...

Creston

Holy geezus, that explains everything!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 14:01 Rigs

What a fuckin' disaster...

I don't even have to explain why, just use the damn thing for a while and you'll know...I hope MS survives this little sidetrip and then declares Win8 as dead as WindowsME and buries it just as fast...What a waste of time and money...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 13:55 Rigs

The cake is a lie, though. They had pie instead.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
13. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 28, 2012, 18:28 Rigs

Why the hate for GTA4? I don't get it at all...I still play GTA4 with the Police Pursuit mod (can't get First Response working no matter WHAT I do) and usually lose 4 hours in it before realizing. Is there any better benchmark for what a good game is? If you play a game and have fun while losing yourself and track of time, I don't see the problem. I swear you guys are way too f'n picky sometimes...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2012, 15:55 Rigs

Oh, oh, oh, I wanna play! I don't watch football that much (GASP!) but I follow it casually, especially when it concerns 'my boys', the Giants! That said, I'm going to put my status as Giants fan on the line right out of the gate by choosing Dallas. I know the Giants, I've watched them play for over 25 years and when it comes to the Cowboys, it seems like some kind of mind control, they just screw it up every time. I love them to death and will to my dying day but I'm also a realist and I just don't see them winning this one...

So, my picks...Vikings, Jets (God help me!), Chargers, Titans (ugh), Patriots, Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Seahawks (ugh x2), Panthers, Chiefs, Cowboys (Lord forgive me!), Broncos, 49ers...

EDIT: Damn, I just happened to notice that I broke the 1000 post barrier! And it was probably months ago given how little I'm able to post nowadays...but a 1000 posts? I really need to get a more exciting hobby...outside...

*Checks nin's post count*

Uh, nevermind...I gather from the fact that my skin is nearly translucent, nin, that you're pretty much 100% pure Albino now?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2012, 00:41.

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2012, 16:21 Rigs

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 13:50:
Unfortunately, GRID2 comes without a cockpit view ...

Surprisingly, even though I consider myself more a hardcore simracer (iRacing, Race07/GTR_Evo,GTR2, rFactor, GPL, NR2003/7) than most, it doesn't bother me. To be honest, when I play the first GRID and even DIRT1/2/3, I use the roof/hood view. I can see more of the road that way anyway. I lose some situational awareness, but I can make up for that with sound of opponents next to me. Some racing sims/games are so 'realistic' that they have to include the cramped cockpit view when in reality, since you're not in an actual car, makes it a lot harder to run. It's that whole real vs. fun line that you ride and if I can't see where the hell I'm goin', I'm not having fun...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2012, 13:40 Rigs

I dunno, most are saying that it's just going to appear on a live shoot of Top Gear. Hard to tell. Apparently there's two separate cars, one in the US currently on a race tour and another in Europe. They need to concentrate on GRID2 and leave DIRT alone for a while...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 16:58 Rigs

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:51:
-Ending cutscene replaced with Nick Clegg apology video.

BEST.PATCH.EVER.

Edit : :-ninja-: DAMN YOU, RIGS!

Creston

Rotfl

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 14:51 Rigs

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:38:
Patch list is rather insane.

Additional Fixes Made on PC
•Fixed an issue where controller prompts were showing even though a controller was not plugged in.
•Ending cutscene replaced with Nick Clegg apology video.
•Mouse wheel now works with all scrolling lists in the game.

WTF?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Trailers
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 03:24 Rigs

I really liked the first Painkiller (not to mention painkillers in general!...~ZING!) and was fine with getting the 'So black it's BLACK' GOTY edition when it came out (it and it's 7 f'n cds!) but since then everything else has just been a rehash of the original. The enemies, the levels, the weapons, the graphic and physics engine...all pretty much the same each time. So when I saw this trailer (without knowing that it was for a new release), I thought it was just a mixed edition of all of them together or something. Seriously, nothing in that trailer showed me anything different than before...even the same musical score...

No thanks, I'll just play with what I have, thank you!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2012, 06:09 Rigs

You guys are too fuckin' picky!

I know, I know, don't give me the riot act. For the 'hardcore gamer' tag I routinely use (and throw around at the all-night parties with the ladies...at Denny's), I never did finish Doom3. In fact, I don't think I got more than 15% into it! Same with Quake4. Hell, even less with Quake4, I got to the point in the beginning where you have to go back and get the medic and bring him back. That's as FAR as I got...lol...it just didn't interest me much. I got further in Republic Commandos than Quake4 even! I guess I'm spoiled on per-location damage and severed limbs/full dismemberment mods. I just can't go back to shooting something and just getting a generic puff of blood with no visual effect...yeah, who's being picky now, eh?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New War of the Roses Content Next Month
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 Rigs

So, uh, how's this making out? I thought it was single-player with AI but I guess not, it's a totally multi MMO-type. How is it? (Honestly, from the videos I've seen the operative word I think is 'glitchy'...lol)...

=-Rigs-=

1731 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo