Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1754 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2012, 03:01 Rigs

sauron wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 19:34:
Good dads are under-rated and often taken for granted, but you really miss them when they're gone.

Indeed, three years on for me and all I want is to hear his voice again...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 23:46 Rigs

Oh thank ya, Massa...thank ya for supportin' my older playabilities, ya know after payin' $60 for ya game n' all... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 23:35 Rigs

And yet you still click it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Commander - The Great War
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 23:33 Rigs

Welp...there goes my weekend...

=-Rigs-=

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 05:03 Rigs

Prez wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 04:54:
Credit does go to him for at least having the guts to give the order, something that Bill Clinton failed to do when the opportunity presented itself. Think of the lives THAT could have saved.

I'm not getting into this bullshit argument either but for clarity's sake, you have to consider that President Clinton couldn't have had ANY idea of the threat Bin Laden was going to be later on. Like terrorism before 9/11 and terrorism in the last few years, we thought that nothing could really happen here on US soil. People said it was possible but, honestly, who considered it a legit and imminent threat before 9/11? I know I didn't. The WTC bombing, the Cole bombing, the bombing of embassies in Africa, fine, but airliners into the WTC? Ask anyone before 9/11 if they thought Bin Laden, or really any terrorist group would have been capable of such a thing and you would have been laughed off as an extremist. Once again this country is becoming complacent in the security of it's boarders and transportation/infrastructure. They consider Bin Laden and Al Qaeda dead, the Taliban to be a regional problem and IRAQ to be over. I don't think it's fair to blame Clinton as not having the foresight to see what could have possibly happened in a worst case scenario, which barring an N/B/C strike, 9/11 was...

=-Rigs-=

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 04:40 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 04:07:
But he's an intelligent, thoughtful, deliberate politician who has accomplished a lot and helped pulled this country back from the brink of disaster.

It seems he's a pretty good rapper as well...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 22:44 Rigs

Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:20:
The Giants are just being the Giants. The biggest fears for any Giants fan are 1) knowing they are playing a game that they should win handily, 2) watching them playing with a big lead, or 3) knowing they are playing the Cowboys. Loss is almost guaranteed in each case.

Indeed, but it doesn't make it any less cringe-worthy... Wreck

On a totally unrelated, yet sportsy-type theme, did anyone see the huge fight between Clint Bowyer and Jeff Gordon in the pits on the second to last lap of the race at Phoenix this afternoon? Hilarious...in fact, it ended up red-flagging the race for a good 20 mins... Good stuff... Race

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 17:40 Rigs

So...since nothing was mentioned (for obvious reasons) I totally forgot about it but how's the football forum pool thing going? And what about this week? (Not complaining, I realize everything that's been going on certainly takes precedence, just curious)...

Since I missed making picks this week, I'll just sit in the corner with the GIANTS dunce hat on...man, Eli, WTF?!? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2012, 04:29.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 06:33 Rigs

Stone Plans Fourth Cut of "Alexander". Re-re-re-polishing a turd.

Now, Stone says: "Iím going to go back next year actually. Iíve been asked by Warner Brothers because they did so well with ĎThe Final Cutí. They actually sold more than a million copies. Theyíve asked me to go back next year and do a fourth version. Frankly, itís a movie about history and I just feel like I can add something more. I wouldnít do it otherwise."

The key difference with the new cut isn't more additions, but subtractions: "I donít need more footage. I want to cut it down now because I added too much. I want it to come back a little bit. Thereís some trimming [needed]."

Talk about blatantly admitting that it's just a cash grab. Holy geezus, they don't even give a shit anymore because they know someone, somewhere is going to buy it. Damn...so, how about this instead..you just post on a website the 'suggested' spots I should fast-forward through and I'll 'consider' it...and save $20...asshole...

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 06:22 Rigs

Dades wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 11:28:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:32:
What the fuck happened to Carrie Fisher.

Take a picture of yourself. Now go back and look at it in 30 years then look into a mirror. Time is rarely kind to us, most people age poorly.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Speak for yourself, bud! I don't look a day over 35...

'But your only 34...'

Oh, well, shit...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 17:37 Rigs

Oh you know what, just fuckin' FUCK CHINA! Already...God, I'm so sick of hearing China blocked this and that...well, duh! They ARE a COMMUNIST STATE! Geezus...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 17:30 Rigs

"A space marine (who's name isn't Master Chief)..."

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded
35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 06:20 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 23:39:
Well maybe if the US wasn't starting wars and invading countries it wouldn't be a problem now, would it?

Trainwreck wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 22:34:
Ah. How much experience do you have looking through EO/IR cameras, trying to discern everyday objects from weapons? In time-critical situations when troops have been in contact and an error in judgment will result in lives lost? Because I have plenty, myself, so I didn't want to embarrass myself if you had over 800 hours of combat flight time or something.

Anyway, the Apache video demonstrates - assuming the context is correct and WikiLeaks isn't lying with their commentary - is an unfortunate but completely understandable mistake given the situation.

As someone who has worked with those types of aircraft and ground forces extensively in various operations, I can attest to their professionalism and the seriousness with whic they assume their duties. AVOIDING civilian casualties in Afghanistan was our highest concern; to the point where we regularly risked the lives of our own before risking shooting or bombing the wrong person.

And do I view the GWOT as us vs. them? Yes, yes I do. That's what war is, and especially in this case, considering the tactics and goals of terrorists and Islamist governments, and their facilitators and sympathizers.

Um, not to discount and disrespect anything in your argument but I have to ask, what does any of this have to do with GAMES?! In case you all forgot, you're on a VIDEO GAMES WEBSITE. It's NOT political and NOT military, and honestly, a lot of us come HERE to get away from the very thing you people seem to constantly bicker about but NEVER agree on. So why even f'n argue about it in the first place? You know you're not going to get anywhere and the argument is just going to turn into a Democrat versus Republican 'He said, She said', like it always does. This is why we no longer argue about whether the PC or the Mac is better. Because regardless of the facts, everyone has their own opinion and while it is legal and a right to argue your opinion, it doesn't mean I have to #$%# listen to it all the damn time...no offense...

And in celebration of the right to state your opinions, let me say that this Democrat vs. Republican, Left vs Right bullshit is getting way out of hand! I'm getting so fucking sick of seeing something happen and 20 people over here snicker that if the liberals would just kill themselves the world would be rainbows and unicorns and 20 people over there saying if the conservative jackwads would keep their mouths shut, we'd all be happier than Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch...ENOUGH ALREADY! I'd love to just give you opinionated sons of bitches all the guns and bombs you want, put you all on a remote island and you can blow your asses to kingdom come to prove who's is bigger, if only that would mean you'd all just shut up! ...Just sayin'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sword of the Stars - The Pit Alpha Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2012, 04:08 Rigs

So, uh, hows that sequel coming along?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BioShock Free on GameFly
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 14:42 Rigs

Ant wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:15:
Why do we have to give them our billing data when signing up? No thanks, GameFly!

Took the words right outta my mouth, Ant! I never got around to playing Bioshock, not really my kind of thing and I wasn't groovy with the story so I gave it a pass but, hell, you can't argue with free and I was all set to try this thing out, years past due, when I get through two 'check out' screens (why?) and promptly hit a 'fill in your credit card information'...uhhh, nooo, don't think so! For Free? And I know exactly what they do too, they send a purchase of $1 and then reimburse it just as quick. Doing so gets all my bank and credit info into their grubby little database...Nice try, GameFly, but no. This sheep has enough games to play right now anyway, sorry!

Just bad bad bad all 'round, really...Shame on you, GameFly!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Art
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:35 Rigs

Creston = Bluesnews resident 'Charlie The Unicorn'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 18:34 Rigs

HOLY Pumpernickel! Shocked2

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 00:36 Rigs

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:54:
Halo hasn't been good since the first and the first one also had issues towards the end of the game with repetition and the lame concept of the flood. Halo 2 PC was just garbage, the whole single player campaign was a giant pile of shit. Halo is probably the most over-rated property in gaming.

I'm not one to usually take issue with people's personal opinions of a game, but statements like this are just bullshit. That's no better than some troll on Youtube saying, 'Oh this shit sucks!'. Why? Why was the campaign shit? WHY is it overrated? Because it just IS isn't a valid argument.

Go replay Halo 1. There's a large segment of the game where the designers literally copied and pasted the same interior section over and over, with glowing blue arrows on the ground showing you where to go. It was pretty terrible.

You're kidding, right? You call some arrow-'shaped' glowy lights on the floor as big glowing arrows telling you where to go? I can think of a quite a few FPS's that have the same thing, whether they're for navigation or just plain aesthetics. I already conceded that the last 1/3 was repetitive. That's fact. We're all aware of that. But so what? No other FPS had corridors and areas that looked exactly or similar to each other? C'mon, bitch about something VALID, please!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:15 Rigs

Jerykk wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:03:
Just like Alan Wake was designed to be played on Xbox, amirite?

Anyway, can't say I'm really bothered. Halo 1 and 2 were pretty underwhelming. Halo 1 had some of the worst level design I've seen in any game ever. When your environments are so incredibly bland and generic that you have to put glowing arrows on the ground showing the player where to go, you know you have a problem. Halo 2 wasn't much better.

Jerykk, where are you getting these 'arrows on the ground'?! I have no idea what you mean by that. And as for the level design, I didn't see anything that wasn't also done in other PC FPS's in that timeframe. You make it to look like it's actually worse than other FPS's for the time and it isn't (or wasn't). Granted, the last 1/3 was a little repetitive, but it was still great nonetheless. Am I butthurt by that comment because I'm a HALO fanboy? You better %#$@ believe it!

And few will comment on this. Because no one on the pc cares about Halo. It seems to me that halo is of little interest to the pc crowd. With good reason i think

Fine, they didn't release the others to the PC and it didn't (doesn't) have revolutionary this or that. Does that stop anyone from buying CoD every f'n year? No. Just because YOU have no interest in it doesn't mean NO ONE does. You DO NOT speak for me!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 3
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:06 Rigs

Why is it taking so long between gold and release? It used to be only a few days, now it's weeks at a time? WTF?

This is one of only a handful of games I'm really looking forward to...

=-Rigs-=

1754 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo