Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1642 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 19:41 Rigs

'I got a bad feeling about this...'

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 19:34 Rigs

Hmm, it seems to me that there's a little game of two-face going on with the MMO gaming public, it seems that even they don't know what they want! I mean, how many times have we heard we want a game with a rich backstory, nothing that looks like a grindfest with no reward, etc...and then when a game like that comes out, they complain about the fact that's there's too much story and not enough action. Huh? When I watch these 'Let's Play' videos on Youtube (which are getting a little crazy...guys only one or two for the same game, k? thanks...and freakin' make sure you get a decent freakin' mic and NO CHEWING! Damn mouth-breathers... ), they jump right through everything that makes the game worth playing. Now I'm not saying everyone does that but it seems like when a new MMO comes out, everyone rushes to see the endgame. WTF? I feel like a 90-year-old at a Black Friday Wal-Mart sales rush! I don't understand. You get an MMO for what? The grind? No. The loot? Well, possibly some of you do, I don't. The story? Of course. It just seems like a case of MMO's giving what you say you want and then you complain that you're not getting what you want... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:40 Rigs

God, I just wanna take that coroner and beat the living crap out of him! (After I play some ModernWarfare3, that is... )

Why, why, why? That's my only question to the stupid paper, why?

The comments below the story explain why the title is bullshit. I'm not gonna go into it, this happens like 10 times a year and nothing is EVER learned by it. Whether that be not blaming fuckin' video games for social problems or that out-of-touch officials should keep there fuckin' mouths SHUT!

*RAGEQUIT!!!*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:17 Rigs

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 10:11:
Well good for them.

Now if only they started supporting their games.

How is Silent Hunter 5 these days? I avoided that like the plague due to the DRM and the bugs at launch, is it much improved or is it still shit?

As has been said, there's a lot more players dedicating time to SH4 than SH5, but there are quite a few good mods for SH5. Just go to http://www.subsim.com. Luckily, that's really the only place that has everything you need and it's a great gauge of who's interested in what...Personally, I have both and I still play SH4 tons more, but that's also because my interests are more in the Pacific campaign than the German one. You can get SH5 pretty cheap now, so it's not like a big decision or anything...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:05 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 11:58:
Nah, the problem is there is no match-making system. Unless you want Doom with GFWL

*rolls out the Kali server*

You want matchmaking, motherf***er?! You got it!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2012, 18:31 Rigs

I just want to post here on the reviews thread in case it's seen as I'm kinda late to the party, as usual, and just found out that Mr. James 'Out of Eight' Allen has discontinued his written reviews! This, sir, is an absolute TRAVESTY! Shakefist I forbid you to quit! Furious2 You have no idea how important your reviews were! My chest literally ached when I read you weren't going to be doing written reviews anymore! (I'd send an email but Gmail's being a brat and won't let me in right now) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RECONSIDER! I know it's a pain in the ass but you have to keep going. What the hell am I going to do now? Gamespot? Puke Pouting

Everyone needs to get in here and tell James to keep going. I consider 'Out of Eight' to be the Blues News of game reviews! Please come back! Fingerscrossed

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2012, 18:10 Rigs

Gradients!

I'm still waiting... *crosses arms and taps foot*...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2012, 18:04 Rigs

In Soviet Russia...

...nah, I got nothin'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2012, 09:50 Rigs

Not exactly because of the game itself, but LA using the original trilogy as base for a new game would be awesome...and, you know, rail-riders suck n' all but RA2 was pretty good for a game like that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2012, 19:45 Rigs

It's obviously a prequel to Rebel Assault. Come on guys, think!

You'd shit yourself if it was...come to think of it, so would I...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Clockwork Empires Announced
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2012, 01:26 Rigs

This kinda brings up my confusion as to why there hasn't been any kind of Minecraft-type games that flesh out that type of gameplay? I had thought by now we'd be besieged with knockoffs seeing how good Minecraft itself did. Besides the excellent-idea, horribly flawed execution that is StarForge (yes, I know it's an 'alpha' but damn..) and the 2D types of Terraria and Cortex Commando, there's really nothing else out there. WTF? I want a Minecraft with piss-my-pants graphics and physics with guns and massive NPC interaction...like a 3D SimCity, Minecraft/GTA4-5, please? Thank you...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 21:03 Rigs

Ain't gonna happen...at least initially. Somehow I see the PS4 as being true to one of the previous rumors, that it will be 'modular'...to a degree. What I mean is essentially how you see game studios that work on franchises like Mario or HALO, where they use the same hardware each time but each game looks better and better. The difference between, say, HALO 3 and HALO Reach is striking, but it's the same hardware powering it. With the PS4, I think Sony is trying to cut down on the time needed for dev studios to learn and be comfortable with the hardware (especially seeing how the PS3 is allegedly so hard to code for) and there by giving us games that don't need two or three prequels to get to where they might be at the tail-end of a normal console life-cycle, like HALO 4. I think between updated BIOS/firmware/OS and possibly introducing, for the first time, a console that can be 'upgraded', say with a new graphics chip or 'expansion pak' (like was always dreamed about in previous consoles but never really utilized), we'll see things like 4k support and maybe larger Blu-Ray disc support or more RAM for the video hardware. If you think about it, there's a lot of ways they could introduce new features to a 'static' console in this way and still keep it viable for those that don't (or can't) upgrade, say programming for both versions, only new features being available on upgraded modules.

I mean, why not? They really haven't gone down this road before, to any great degree, and as long as everything is kept in-house and they keep the ability for every game to be played whether the console has been 'upgraded' or not (no exclusive titles!) then I don't see why it can't be successful. They have different sized hard drives for consoles now, why not different video chips/cards? Why not more RAM? Don't make it as complex and difficult as a normal PC, just have some sort of cart or modular box/pack that just plugs in with a snap, like the expansion ports of old that were almost never used. The gaming public wasn't ready for different hard drives and such back then. The biggest thing going was different peripherals like joysticks/gamepads, light guns and 3D-glasses. Since the industry has matured and gamers, for the most part, are more technically inclined (at least the ones that would care about upgrading anyway), this next console generation would be a good time to introduce some type of modular upgrade system. By doing this, a console generation may last not 7-10 years but possible 12-15, depending on tech breakthroughs in the meantime. Something to think about, eh?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Underrail Alpha Demo
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 19:21 Rigs

I don't talk shit about other gamers preferences and games they like as I have some eccentric tastes myself (flight, space and racing sims along with hardcore wargames and 4x strategy) but I'm growing very weary of the whole zombie/mutant/alien-apocalypse setting for various fps and strategy gaming plots. Much like the industry started to shun WW2 FPS's or cookie-cutter C&C RTS clones, I think this story element has run it's course and is now outstaying it's welcome. This game in particular takes a strong liking, story-wise, to Metro2033, not to mention RAGE and Borderlands/Fallout3. I'm not saying it's a bad game or a bad premise, I'm merely giving my experienced gamer opinion that this kind of game needs a rest...there are plenty of other subjects that have little exploration or none at all, we don't have to keep re-treading the same ground over and over just with different shoes...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
47. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 05:54 Rigs

*whisper* psss...Ant...post #39...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Cut New Vegas Content
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 05:05 Rigs

Thanks for the explanation, guys! I was just under the impression that NV was just a new area in FallOut 3, like an expansion, not a whole different experience. I'll have to check it out now that I know it's not the same thing just in a different area...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
45. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 04:50 Rigs

Anyone notice the pilot of the F-'17' (I'm going for the middle ground here) is not exactly wearing the usual uniform? Now if I were to speculate (and I am), the guy looks suspiciously like the dude in the business suit in the later part of the trailer looking out on Los Santos/San Andreas. I'm gonna assume that's your character in the game. A little while back, around the release of the trailer someone brought up the idea of all three recent GTA characters being available to play (the last one, Niko, the dude from San Andreas and the guy from Vice City).

I'm seriously hoping that GTA5 comes out quickly for the PC and not have to wait for half a year again. I don't know where all the hate comes from for GTA4, though. I really liked it, from the character, Niko, to his cousin, Roman, to the story, the city and the music. Hell, even the Serbian music was pretty good after a while. Roman, especially in the beginning, always has me laughing my ass off. I thought the whole thing was really good. But I also like LA Noir, also, so maybe I'm not in the majority...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Iron Sky Game Plans
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 04:22 Rigs

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:53:
This comes out tomorrow...

edit: aaaand just got my key from GMG...preloading!

edit again: Ouch, I pull my endorsement...good news: it's somehow playable tonight, bad news: gamepad controls are a wreck. Patch please!

Ouch is right. I'm not impressed for a number of reasons, most due to my OCD...lol...and the plot? Sounds damn near exactly like X: Beyond The Frontier's original story....hmmm....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Cut New Vegas Content
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 23:23 Rigs

Well, in another post that questions my status as a lifetime carrier of the 'Hardcore Gaming Club' card, I have to ask, what made New Vegas better than the original Fallout3? Personally, I found the original to be...err, a little boring. At least in the beginning. And the fact that everything is a greenish gray/brown...*shudder*...what does NV bring to the table?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2012, 22:26 Rigs

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 16:14:
I'm simply waiting to review LoP until it's playable.

I absolutely respect your reviews and read every one but, personally, I don't agree with this decision. Game reviews are meant to be representative of what the average Joe Gamer gets when he buys a game that's available right now. To hold off on a review opens up a bigger conundrum. Kalypso have said they'll patch it up all nice and pretty. What if, for some reason, they don't? (What reason? Humor me...) And really, that's not even the point. Sure, you held off this time. It may pay off, it may not. All you can do is look at it as it is right now. Daikatana was patched up too, but did anyone give a shit? Well, I did, because I played it. But no one else did. Game mag reviewers didn't go back six months/a year post-launch and pull the crucifix from poor John's bloodied forehead (consequently while he mumbled 'More frogs!' silently to himself in a daze) I wouldn't have expected them to either.

I could see having a follow-up type of review a little later down the line to say whether they did actually manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat, but I think it would be a dis-service to your readers and your reputation to not say anything about it...

Just my opinion, a loyal reader, nothing more....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2012, 15:12 Rigs

IMO, going into any job nowadays thinking it's going to last is nuts. Seriously. There's no such thing as 'Job Security' anymore. Scary...

=-Rigs-=

1642 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo