Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 15:27 Rigs

And what do we all do? Sit here and bitch about it. Yet, come election day, we'll gladly check those marks for the same bastards that have been in office most of their life and probably will retire there...

I'm sorry, you can't complain (well, I mean you 'can', but still) if you blindly go in and vote the same mothersfuckers in each and every time and each and every time they do nothing. Who's stupider? The fool or the fool that keeps voting them into office?

I'm 37 and I haven't voted once in my life. Not once. Only because no one has come around that had me thinking they would actually make a damn bit of difference. And I don't foresee anyone in the near half century either! Dark, sad days ahead of us and the only one to blame is ourselves!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2015, 21:47 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 21:18:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:17:
Blue, seriously, is there anything I can do about this?! It's getting really annoying! Every time I move to the comments or from them, it happens. I can't be the only one. Please! You're (apparently) my only hope! Puppyeyes

=-Rigs-=

You've probably already run CCleaner?

Well, to be honest, it's kind of irrelevant because I use both Windows 8.1/x64 and Windows7/x64. The Windows 8 install is rather old, at least a year and a half and the Windows 7 install is only about a month and a half old and squeaky clean. And this happens on both installs. I could run it for the hell of it, just to be sure, but I'm not sure it would do anything drastic. I appreciate you asking though...

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:10:
something on your end is blocking the css from loading, specifically styles.css adblock or script block being overzealous? Aside that I have no idea... and hope someone can help you

Possible. I wouldn't know where to check first though. Huh I mean, I have Adblock but only it's default settings. I've tried with it disabled and the result was the same.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
37. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 20:45 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:28:
If you want something kept private, like your freakout over GTA being delayed and your intent to pirate it, or Rattleheads posturing over getting a refund and pirating...then don't announce it to the world on a public forum. Especially if it turns out you are just flat out lying.

Discussion of pirating software is not permitted on Blues News and you will be called on it, not just by me.

Your analogy is ridiculous. I wasn't looking at his private files.

Oh for fucks sake, Krovven, do I have to really spell it out for you? Really?

Don't announce it on a public forum. Fine. You just totally missed the whole other part about having a discussion NOT on a public forum, but on a PM on STEAM and then bringing that argument and what was said back over here, just like you did to whoever during our previous argument! How hard is that? You want to call people out on Blues for whatever, fine. My problem is bringing private discussions into a public space, usually as a shaming tactic. I don't think I can make that any more clear.

My analogy about my files wasn't about 'files', it was about it being private, on another totally unrelated part of the Internet and then bringing that knowledge back here to publicly call me out and/or shame me for it. Understand now?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 23:32.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
22. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 20:34 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:22:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:27:
Seems Notch's notorious MO for starting things and abandoning them has been rubbing off. I fear for Minecraft, I really truly do. They've done nothing but little meaningless stuff for many versions now. They put in bunnies, banners and mutton and the community loses their shit but God forbid they actually update the graphics engine and discontinue support for 10 year old video cards! Most of everything in the game worth playing around with has come from the massive mod community. The devs themselves should hang their heads in shame, especially 'Dinnerbone'. He messes with stuff, posts a screen of it on his Twitter and then we might see something like it five versions later.

As for Scrolls, I guess I better get to actually trying it before it's gone. I'm not surprised.

=-Rigs-=

Notch has nothing to do with Mojang anymore and washed his hands of it in 2014 when Microsoft took over.

I realize that but surely some of his massive 'dive-into-the-pile-ScroogeMcDuck-style' of money is still invested in some way?

=-Rigs-=

35. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 20:25 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:40:
Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:37:
Let's just make something clear here...I called Rattlehead out on his bullshit and he messaged me on Steam freaking out about it being none of my business.

If you make your statements about your own intentions or actions on Blues, it becomes the business of anyone that reads it. You open yourself up to criticism.

Rattlehead has been posting for a week about how the game runs like shit on his system and that he was going to be getting a refund (kinda sounded like he had already) and pirating the game. This is all things he stated on Blues for anyone to read. Turns out, he was still progressing through the game and anyone on his friends list could see that.

So he either he a) Didn't get a refund despite all his posturing about it, or b) Did pirate it and was dumb enough to give the pirated copy internet access. I called him on it.

Turns out he never paid for the game to begin with. He got it with his video card like many others did...and he thought he'd get a refund from Steam for something he never paid Steam for, never mind completely illogical. /facepalm

Does someone getting this free excuse Rocksteady or WB over the state of the game for some people? No. But it really does go to show the sheer stupidity of some folks.

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:58:
WB has just suspended all sales of the game. Just unbelievable. Of course they won't issue refunds, as they have our money.

I got a refund from Steam, and will pirate this game.

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:24:
...I got a refund on Steam...

This port is nearly unplayable...

So within the same day, you state that they won't issue refunds, twice you already got a refund, and once that you will pirate it. And you stated it was unplayable, yet you've still been progressing through the game.

Referring to the other thread on this topic...this is why I take the whiney bitches and their complaints with a massive grain of salt. There are rational complaints and behaviour and then there is irrational complaints and behaviour.

Fucking beautiful work you did there, Krovven. Calling ppl on their bullshit like this puts a grin on my face! xD

Please. Krovven's apparent MO is to make public that which should be kept private. He did it before during our argument to the poor sod who asked him to chill and he's doing it again here. What does he gain by calling him out? Granted, I don't agree with the little erchin and he pretty much pissed in my Corn Flakes out of the blue and for no reason, but still, I'm not going to go into his personal life and air dirty laundry.

God forbid anyone should see what's on my 4 terabytes worth of hard drive space. I have no problem with admitting I pirate games, if only because I live paycheck to paycheck and they don't make demos anymore. More of an excuse but so be it. I do it because I can? Yeah, probably that too. So if he went over to, oh, say, Pastebin, and looked up my hard drive directory listing (yes, it's there) and came back here and lambasted me for it, I wouldn't be pissed because he looked for it, I'd be pissed because he came back here, to a totally unrelated place and publicly gave me shit about it while trying to look like he's doing it for the 'greater good'. Because, why else would he be? Attention? Well, yeah, that too, obviously. And you sit here and slap him on the back for it?! What the hell is wrong with you, Quinn?! This isn't fucking high school, grow the fuck up!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2015, 19:17 Rigs

Blue, seriously, is there anything I can do about this?! It's getting really annoying! Every time I move to the comments or from them, it happens. I can't be the only one. Please! You're (apparently) my only hope! Puppyeyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
60. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 19:07 Rigs

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:15:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:45:
Hasn't it been like three YEARS already?! And just AC to show for it?! WTF?! And everyone's ok with this? 'I don't mind the delays' Are you crazy? He's got like over $80 million and still can't develop a game within a typical triple-A game dev period...

=-Rigs-=

I didn't give them anything, so, sure, take all the time you want.

I didn't either (save for my 'Golden Ticket'...which seems now more like a Golden Shower ) but SC being so high profile, it has the capacity to completely demolish any momentum the 're-emergent' space-sim genre has been getting and that's what concerns me. Not to mention that having another game with a DNF-like development period doesn't look good for games in general...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 29, 2015, 18:48 Rigs

Leave it to ARS to fondly remember absolute dogshit...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DiRT Rally Patched
1. Re: DiRT Rally Patched Jun 29, 2015, 18:45 Rigs

Hell yeah, baby!

*hooks G25 back up*

Race

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
5. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 18:27 Rigs

Seems Notch's notorious MO for starting things and abandoning them has been rubbing off. I fear for Minecraft, I really truly do. They've done nothing but little meaningless stuff for many versions now. They put in bunnies, banners and mutton and the community loses their shit but God forbid they actually update the graphics engine and discontinue support for 10 year old video cards! Most of everything in the game worth playing around with has come from the massive mod community. The devs themselves should hang their heads in shame, especially 'Dinnerbone'. He messes with stuff, posts a screen of it on his Twitter and then we might see something like it five versions later.

As for Scrolls, I guess I better get to actually trying it before it's gone. I'm not surprised.

=-Rigs-=

53. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:45 Rigs

Hasn't it been like three YEARS already?! And just AC to show for it?! WTF?! And everyone's ok with this? 'I don't mind the delays' Are you crazy? He's got like over $80 million and still can't develop a game within a typical triple-A game dev period...

=-Rigs-=

32. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 17:24 Rigs

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:14:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:12:
Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:07:
You're misreading what I said, I am quite aware that Iron Galaxy developed programmed this, but they also did origins

I didn't 'mis-read' anything because there's nothing to 'mis-read'. You were quite clear. You know it because I just told you.

=-Rigs-=
No, you said Arkham City was developed by IG, which isn't true. So yes, you did misread. Anyways, welcome to ignore jackass.

Giggle If you put everyone that disagrees with you on ignore, you won't be reading much in the comments.

I pointed out that I had gotten the names of the dev and the game wrong, but you had no problem glossing over that fact. You cover a burn with gauze not lies and ignorance.

Regardless, I look forward to my stay in purgatory if that means I don't have to worry about hearing you point out every little thing I do that annoys you...unprovoked and out of fucking nowhere, mind you...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 17:30.

30. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 17:12 Rigs

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:07:
You're misreading what I said, I am quite aware that Iron Galaxy developed programmed this, but they also did origins

I didn't 'mis-read' anything because there's nothing to 'mis-read'. You were quite clear. You know it because I just told you.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 17:20.

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
4. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 29, 2015, 12:39 Rigs

That was very impressive! Finally we're getting to the point where simulated and reality are becoming a blur. You could've said it before but until we had these fancy shadowing and POST effects, it just wasn't quite there yet...

=-Rigs-=

26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 12:30 Rigs

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 08:07:
Rigs wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 18:42:

=-Rigs-=

The studio is called Iron Galaxy, and they only developed Arkham Origins, which was released in a far more stable state than this garbage.

Also, you don't need to sign each post with your name and dashes and periods, it's already in the upper right hand corner.

Thanks, Mom. Seeing how I've been doing it for nearly 15 years on Blues alone and you're the only person to ever have a problem with it, I don't find it an issue. If it bothers you so much, put me on ignore.

As for Iron Sky or Iron Galaxy or whatever, everyone seems to know who I was speaking about, though that would explain why I couldn't find information on it specifically the other day...not that I took much time to look. You obviously knew who I was talking about, and further what game I was talking about in order to correct my mistake, so, again, I don't consider it an issue...

Anything else you want to bust my balls over or are you finished?

EDIT: Wait...wait..wait....I almost missed that....

The studio is called Iron Galaxy, and they only developed Arkham Origins

Bullshit. They were the ones that developed this port for the PC. I've seen it said a million fucking times already! (name notwithstanding) You have no clue what the hell you're talking about. I didn't do a lot of research, (sorry, contrary to what you may think, I DO have a life) but I know what I've read and I know that the same studio that pushed out this turd was the same one that put out the previous one, also contracted by Rocksteady.

In fact, look at that, it's right here in BLACK AND WHITE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy_Studios

(From #7 on the 'References' list at above mentioned Wikipedia link:)

" Game director Sefton Hill has suggested that the PC port of Batman: Arkham Knight was outsourced to Iron Galaxy, stating that Warner Bros is working with the developer "to address the issues ASAP".

Case closed.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 16:00.

21. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 12:01 Rigs

Parias wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 11:06:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:32:
I still say that they should put the video camera away, take the community managers off the grandstanding and put them to work on the game itself.

Put them to work doing what? They're community managers.

Whatever they can...at this point, they're just spending money on making fluff pieces to keep the fanboys from rioting...Throw them in the Q/A dungeon, whatever, anything that progresses the game...

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 11:59 Rigs

Kajetan wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:46:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:32:
I still say that they should put the video camera away, take the community managers off the grandstanding and put them to work on the game itself. He isn't making an OS. He isn't building a console, it's a game, FFS! Stop acting like it's going to change the world, stop rebuilding the wheel and just get it done already...Just put a release out that we're not going to hear anything from you guys for 12 months, close the door, disappear and crunch until you've got something to talk about...
Or ... you could just ignore all SC news until they have their first commercial release?

Has anyone on the Internet ever done that?

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 10:32 Rigs

I still say that they should put the video camera away, take the community managers off the grandstanding and put them to work on the game itself. He isn't making an OS. He isn't building a console, it's a game, FFS! Stop acting like it's going to change the world, stop rebuilding the wheel and just get it done already...Just put a release out that we're not going to hear anything from you guys for 12 months, close the door, disappear and crunch until you've got something to talk about...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
22. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 28, 2015, 18:50 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 18:26:
Rigs wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 17:23:
The FURY X (i'm waiting for the Nano, personally) isn't all about pure speed, which is pretty much the only thing you green tossers care about. It has a 4096-bit memory interface! What's the 980 got? 256-bit. Blech! HBM memory is going to wipe the floor with Nvidia this go 'round and they know it which is why they're abandoning GDDR for it too!

Ummm... so you are using special applications (it can't be games because the memory bandwidth is not that significant for gaming) that require this kind of memory throughput? Which apps would that be?

There is a reason why nVidia has not been using HBM yet. It's limiting (4GB is max right now) and expensive. nVidia are smart cookies. They will be using HBM when it's ready for prime time and are not going to deliver an undercooked tech demo like AMD.

The Fury is a weak sauce GPU. Its performance barely matches GTX 980Ti in select benchmarks but mostly it trails behind on GTX 980 level while the price is the same as the Ti.
The 4GB memory does become limiting in higher res scenarios.
Many of the review samples have suffered from both, coil and water pump whining. AMD has *supposedly* addressed the pump whine but reports of the first retail cards indicate that the issue has only been reduced, not eliminated.
Example video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-nYJLiEh0
Overclocking is a no show. It's very limited even though the card stays cool. The limitation seems to be within the architecture which does not allow voltage increases. A fully overclocked 980Ti is running circles around FuryX.
According to some mags, the card does not work in conjunction with certain Asus boards (Z87 chipset). One mag tried testing FuryX in crossfire and it resulted in crashes and black screens. It didn't even boot.
Power efficiency has become better but is still no match for nVidia Maxwell.
Finally, even though relatively minor niggles, but no DVI and no HDMI 2.0 outputs is pretty weak, too.

You are aware I was over-reacting on purpose, yes? Thanks for the HardOCP read though, I haven't gotten over there yet to read about it. I'm still holding out for a Nano anyway. It's just so cute...

Edit: From the admittedly little I've really dug into it, the Fury X doesn't have Crossfire support right now anyway, which would explain why it had so much trouble. The system I'm building is based on the X99-chipset so I'm not all that concerned about Z87 performance issues. Of course, that's just me, obviously the market is not geared to just my whims (yet) ...

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 18:45 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 17:01:
Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 16:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 14:06:

This is very much a First World Problem, and I've realized that I must live a wonderful life if I even have the TIME to get mad about a game not working right.

With that reasoning you shouldn't complain about anything anymore, ever, unless it has to so with famine, sickness or death.

Way to miss his sarcasm. Did you read passed "First World Problem"?

Sigh

=-Rigs-=

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo