Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1938 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
12. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 13:53 Rigs

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:00:
NavyField 2 looks like a RTS game

NavyField 2 is an RTS game...so was the original and it's predecessors, the PTO-series...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon
2. Re: Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon Jun 26, 2015, 13:02 Rigs

fawker wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:56:
meh

+1

Wasn't this originally a Duke game they were doing and they just changed it a little? I seem to remember reading something like that earlier...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2015, 12:57 Rigs

Like I was telling a friend yesterday...this knee-jerk reaction is just the thing this government needed to take attention off the new Pacific Rim trade agreement. I was really sceptical when all these conspiracy nuts kept going on and on about how the media would divert attention when a major crisis popped up to something stupid. But, on my own, I started paying attention to when certain major events happened and how the media responded and holy damn, they weren't 100% right but they were on to something. It wasn't every time but it was a good 8 times out of 10. See, I don't watch tv much at all anymore. In fact I wouldn't even have a tv if others in the house didn't watch it. But I seem to catch the headlines nearly every day at one time or another and do pay attention to the 'Trending' lists on various sites, like Facebook, which tend to mirror what the media is blabbing on about at the current time. I noticed that in the last two weeks, there hasn't been a peep about ISIS anywhere. Nothing about the Ukraine. Nothing about Syria, Libya or Korea. Why is that? Because they're too busy discussing how evil this stupid flag is.

I mean, in a government institution, no. That should have never been allowed, especially in 2015. But to ban it outright, like Germany with anything to do with Nazi's and the Swastika? Dumb. Lame. Completely stupid...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued
4. Re: Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued Jun 25, 2015, 09:56 Rigs

NamecaF wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:50:
Buying anything Thrustmaster is just asking for trouble. They hate their customers almost as much as Apple and their quality control is fucking ridiculous.

Hmm, I could say the same (and more) about Fantec...Logitech is always a good laugh, at least their online forums. Most of the 'tech support' there don't do more than blame the customer and ask why they haven't just taken it back for a new one or a refund. They almost never troubleshoot the actual problem itself. It's always either call, return or stfu...

So, in conclusion, I think all of the peripheral players need to work on their customer service...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: MotoGP15 on XboxONE Jun 25, 2015, 09:46 Rigs

"With the latest tests, we noticed that the Xbox One version could be affected with some known bugs,"

This is the type of shit that I can NOT stand whatsoever! If you know there's a game-breaking or experience deluding bug in your game and know that it will be an issue upon release then you DON'T release the fucking game! You have NO excuse about said problems once the game has shipped if you're publicly aware of it beforehand and you don't do something about it! What the hell are these publishers thinking these days?!

"Well, it's in piss-poor shape but, ah, fuck it! We'll 'sincerely' apologize' and then release a patch at our leisure but of course, we'll still make those quarterlies! Win-Win!"

Fuck off! Middlefinger Protest

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall
4. Re: Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall Jun 23, 2015, 18:28 Rigs

Axis wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 18:08:
Blue wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:53:
Axis wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 15:55:
Followed by Street Fighter V vs Marvel alpha, Street Fighter V.V EA, and you'll get Street Fighter V Muppets version if you buy all 3...

Ultra Mega Super Street Fighter V.

Damn, went right for the triple dog dare: skipping both "Ultra Street Fighter V" and "Mega Street Fighter V".

Don't forget the Alpha and EX versions five years later that no one wanted... Ultra Mega Street Fighter V Alpha EX Turbo Max Extreme Pro finally at 1080p but still capped at 30fps...sorry...don't forget to pre-order for all the on-disc DLC too that we'll swear isn't there and is really downloaded... Woohoo

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
14. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 18:23 Rigs

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:33:
nin wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 13:50:
Rigs wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 13:48:
Ugh...Brian Fargo. I want to hate him so much for what he did during Klingon Academy's development and aftermath but he's so damn likable...so conflicted...

=-Rigs-=

Remember the hate Harvey Smith got for DX2, only to eventually go on and co-direct Dishonored? No ones perfect...

Klingon Academy was released 15 years ago. Maaaybe it's ok to release that grudge.

Both true. I was watching a q&a with him about Bard IV today too and I had to admit that he seemed really interested in the games he was making. I just remember the whole KA thing so clearly. I didn't realize that it's been 15 years already! Geezus! I can't believe it's been that long! It was just such a bullshit thing he did to that team at the time that I've just always had this grudge. I'll freely admit it's one of my major flaws, I hold grudges. I can't help it, just how I feel but maybe it is time to let it go. Nothing I can do or, indeed, anyone can do about it now... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
37. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 18:10 Rigs

Slick wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 12:21:
Rigs wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 04:33:
Did anyone hear that? It sounded almost like a pretentious internet know-it-all was trying to awkwardly establish dominance but then it just fizzled to a slow wet fart before becoming background noise altogether... Headscratch Hmph, strange... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

you must have an axe to grind, not to see one lick of logic in my posts.

care to debate the fucking issue instead of resorting to personal attacks?

You call that post diarrhea 'logic'? Really? Based on your previous post history and the mess you made of this thread, I wouldn't be yelling about resorting to personal attacks there, bud...just sayin'...

As for an ax...no, for this I'd need a mop. Ever play Visceral Cleanup Detail? Yeah, only instead of bloody gore, you've torn apart any semblance of journalistic integrity. I'd be happy to write an 800-word synopsis on why Slightly Mad putting their greedy, grubby fucking hands out mere weeks (WEEKS!) after the release of a multi-year ordeal to make the 'be all, end all' of racing simulators is distasteful and disgusting in the extreme to supporters that were there from the beginning, and I am capable of doing so without much effort as my post history would show but I seriously doubt you'd take time out of your busy schedule of coordinating with CJ Parker to puke all over the message boards day after day to read it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
7. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 13:48 Rigs

Ugh...Brian Fargo. I want to hate him so much for what he did during Klingon Academy's development and aftermath but he's so damn likable...so conflicted...

=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 04:33 Rigs

Did anyone hear that? It sounded almost like a pretentious internet know-it-all was trying to awkwardly establish dominance but then it just fizzled to a slow wet fart before becoming background noise altogether... Headscratch Hmph, strange... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
11. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jun 22, 2015, 20:00 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 19:23:
Rigs wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:52:
And just to be an AMD bitch by raining on this grand parade you green bastards didn't invite us to, we have swanky new drivers *sparkle* (Catalyst 15.6 beta) *sparkle* for BATMAN too! So Nahnah ...

Gratz!

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 19:03:

Get your penny stock shit out of here. lol

Yeah, I was probably asking for that...lol...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jun 22, 2015, 18:52 Rigs

And just to be an AMD bitch by raining on this grand parade you green bastards didn't invite us to, we have swanky new drivers *sparkle* (Catalyst 15.6 beta) *sparkle* for BATMAN too! So Nahnah ...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 18:28 Rigs

As a 'hardcore' simracer, I find this disgusting. And I'm not alone. Like space-combat-trading-sims, these things are a labor of love. They're not a cash grab. Or at least, they're not supposed to be. I don't know what Chris Roberts is smoking. (Apparently some good shit, considering how much money he got but I digress) Sim racing is something that takes years of practice, years of commitment. Hundreds of dollars in equipment. You don't spend $400 on a wheel and pedals to play Forza. Sorry. I mean I don't. Or wouldn't. This whole 'ship it and flip it' is bullshit.

Let's take a look at Race07. Given the number in it's name, the sim was released in 2007. Continually upgraded by the folks that gave us GTR and GTR2, this sim has spun off Race07, RaceOn, RaceOn Extreme, a ton of expansions and mods including the absolutely excellent Game Stock Car . Nascar Racing 2003 still lives through mods, even today, 12 years after release. Grand Prix Legends (GPL]), the granddaddy of open wheel sims on modern systems (aside from the old but still good, Grand Prix 2 (F1GP2)), still has mods and is still supported by the mod community. rFactor is still supported by mods and was the catalyst for the GTR-series. You don't release a racing simulator, dump it on the community and then quickly move on to the next iteration. Your sim will die. I can tell you that without hesitation. PC has it's merits, it's beautiful and is a very good simulator. It does what it does well. But it will be a footnote in simracing history if they continue with this practice. The community is not going to support these actions...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
22. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 13:45 Rigs

descender wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 13:11:
Give me some PC racing games actually worth using a wheel in and I'll considering something like this again. It really is remarkable the difference it makes using the wheel.

Anyone else play POD back in the day? God I loved that game. Yeah, I had a wheel for that... :p

Yup, played POD. I actually got my start with one of these in Papyrus's Indy500 back in 1993. Shortly after that it was Indycar Racing, Nascar Racing and Grand Prix 2 (F1GP2). Then it was on to Grand Prix Legends and the TOCA and GRID series. Nowadays it's mainly iRacing, though I do play the occasional NASCAR 14 (and now 15), F1 2013 (with the historical DLC, the only good one) and the new DIRT Rally which is extremely good, to my surprise. Like Colin McRae/WRC4 good! In between all that was Viper Racing ('member that?!), GTR1 and 2, Race07 (and it's derivatives), Live For Speed, NFS Shift 1/2 and rFactor (especially with the VHR NASCAR mod). So there's still many titles out there to play if you aren't too picky. The future is bright for this genre too, with the recently released Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the ongoing development of ol' Euro Truck Simulator 2...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
15. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 12:37 Rigs

JayDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 12:01:
My G27 is holding up well. My only complaint is all the wires. I would like a wheel setup with less wiring, if that's possible.

I'll second that. My G-25 is still going strong at five years old. I still have my Wingman Formula Force in the closet, along with a ForceLabs RS wheel, which, while a little 'cheap', is still a decent wheel. My LWFF sadly isn't supported in anything over WindowsXP. I love Logitech, most of my stuff is from them (keyboard, mouse, wheel, webcam, gamepad (when not using my PS3 DS3)) but I think they totally missed the boat when it came to hardcore, top-of-the-line wheels and pedals. My G-25 has a nasty habit of having a little 'notch' right in the middle of the wheels rotation, so trying to keep a straight line requires me keeping to either side of this 'notch'. I've tested the Thrustmaster and FanTec's and noticed that all of their wheels are smooth from one side to the other. I don't know if it's just my wheel or inherent to all G-25's. The force-feedback is nice but I tend to keep it low. I don't need it to rip out of my hands when I bump another car or the wall. Just a nudge is enough to tell me all I need to know. And really, that's what it's about. Not the fly-by-your-pants style but just subtle clues to your environment that you can't get from a simulation. I know some people like to jack it up to the highest setting so that the wheel practically takes over. That doesn't seem to be much fun to me. Just give me the hints I need that a real wheel would give in a real car. I don't need my arms ripped off for spinning into a wall, thank you.

As for this new wheel? Well, the only thing I'd be concerned about is the handling and what they've done to keep the FFB smooth and engaging. Sadly, I see nothing about that here. I don't care if it's got 'hand-stitched leather' or a 'leather-covered ball' and 'anodized aluminum spokes'! Is that going to help me take a few seconds off my lap times? I seriously doubt it. And that's the difference between the hardcore sim racers and those just playing a racing 'game'...and why Logi apparently doesn't know the difference...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Division 9 Footage
15. Re: Division 9 Footage Jun 4, 2015, 05:50 Rigs

Hump wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 20:11:
speaking of other heartbreakingly promising games that never made the cut but had an amzing trailer...Prey 2

You want heartbreaking? You want soul-crushing?! I only have to mention one title. Nothing more needs to be said.

Babylon 5: Into The Fire

Let it never be forgotten...well, you can, I won't...EVER...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2015, 05:57.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 3, 2015, 02:59 Rigs

'In Mamais' vision players will have to plan where they want to go, because every input into their spaceship will require the direct opposite input to counteract it.'

Oh yay, having to sit backwards for half your trip to anywhere to slow your momentum...now that is what is missing in space combat sims today! Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2015, 02:40 Rigs

Suppa7 wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 01:48:
Rigs wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:36:
Yet we simultaneously give the practice support and shun it at the same time=-Rigs-=

"WE" don't, gamers are not a homogenous group. They are just people, and most people on are planet are fucking stupid. As for industries "collapsing". Sorry to say but it's not just the gaming masses who take it up the ass.

The vast majority of people buying games 1) are stupid 2) don't understand technology. If you asked the average gamer about dedicated servers you'd get a blank face.

Aside from the major public media (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, et al.) , I can think of no other 'group' or industry that accepts the process of half broken products being put on the market to be fixed after they're bought. I wasn't just speaking about the whole GG controversy. By 'we', I was referring to the gaming press and those that read what they put out, not just gamers in particular. You can find the objection of 'booth babes' as a 'thing' right next to a slide-show of it on the same site. (well, you could, this was a while ago that I saw it)

As for dedicated servers, I think you don't give gamers enough credit. Maybe console peasants might not understand the importance, but every time a new Call of Duty is announced, all I see in the comments is 'Dedicated servers?' asked a half billion times...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 15:58 Rigs

Would just like to point out that if you want to get in on the comment fun on Polygon and don't have an account yet to do so, they make you wait a day (down to the second) before being able to post. I mean, really?! That was the whole point I made an account and I find that out at the end. Fuck off, Polygon...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
23. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 15:51 Rigs

Optimaximal wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 05:42:
At least Amazon moderates their user opinions to the point of requiring you say things about the actual product.
No, they really don't...
Steam now lets users rank obvious fake/joke reviews as such. If you do so, then the game will very quickly get its deserved ranking.

Yeah, but if I see another

*long, tired, meaningless, cringeworthy, humorless story of fail*
followed by 'Got to fuck a goat while watching Game of Thrones (wha..?)
Would do again, 10/10'

..I'll fucking scream!

=-Rigs-=

1938 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo