Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 02:36 Rigs

Isn't he going to be in the new GI Joe movie? Or was that already out? It's like with Battleship, I kept waiting and wondering when it would come out...and it was out and gone before I knew it! So if the GI Joe movie was out already, I didn't notice...lol...Bruce Willis can't do much wrong, IMO. Next to Clint Eastwood, he's easily the best bad-ass in movies right now. And you know, since Chuck Norris is just letting him have his fun. I wonder why Chuck's not in movies anymore? I mean, the man is considered the only one on Earth that can shit gold bricks but you almost never actually see him. Arnie's too old anymore, same with Stallone. Jet Lee is ok, as is Jackie Chan. Not great. Tom Cruise? Pfft, you serious?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 09:37 Rigs

I see where you're coming from, Creston, don't get me wrong. It's just that I've read reviews on the major sites that sometimes smack of hype and marketing and some that really do look like they played it and have an honest opinion of the game. I wonder what your take is on these things, though...like how long after a game has been released should a reviewer put out his review (should they finish the whole game, most of it, or just get a feel for it and most of it's components - obviously playing the whole thing is ideal but in some games, that's not possible or feasible), how in-depth and long the review itself should be (I've seen one page reviews that seem to get all the relevant things covered, like the 'Out of Eight' reviews and I've seen 10 page, very in-depth reviews covering every aspect of the game) and, as was mentioned, should other games in a series be brought up and compared or should it be evaluated on it's own merits alone?

I'm just curious is all. I'm having sort of a 'writers block' episode lately so I'm not able to easily put into words the point I'm trying to convey...My apologies...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 15:07 Rigs

I respectfully disagree, Creston. Not that reviewers are marketing hacks in sheeps clothing (this is gonna be shorter than intended as lightning is hitting pretty freakin' close right now), but that reviewers have to point out the things that other reviewers miss to be an actual unbiased reviewer. What if he agrees with what's been said elsewhere? It just seems like the only time anyone is credited for actually playing the game is if they go against the status quo. If they agree with everyone else or point out the same things, automatically they're just jumping on the bandwagon, whether it be good or bad...Really, that's a 'Devil's Advocate' impression of things and I'd like to expand further on it but I can't right at this second...lol...time to shut things down and go read a book...Man, I fuckin' hate Florida!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 01:14 Rigs

Sorry for your loss, Cutter.

In the last 10 years or so I've lost 8 family members including my sister (2006) and my father (2009). I just lost one of my best friends a month and a half ago, though I have to say I'm glad she passed relatively quickly because she was suffering so much. I sit here and often think how no one ever prepares you for losing basically every one you care about as you get older. Time doesn't heal all wounds, I don't care what they say...

Can't believe Sinclair's gone... Entil'zha veni...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 00:18 Rigs

This thing's bug-ridden shit. Unless you like to play with bug-ridden shit, I suggest you wait until it's discounted to near nothing...which considering the reaction it's getting, shouldn't be too long. I mean, why? How? WHY!?! It had SO much potential...grrrr...another of my childhood dreams crushed like so many dandelions under a crashing walrus..

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NBA 2K13
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 00:13 Rigs

I kept seeing commercials for this last night while watching 'Family Guy' on TBS and thinking, 'Didn't they cancel this?'. Then I realized it was EA's NBA LIVE that was cancelled...not that I care either way, I'm not a basketball fan in the slightest. Just confused...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 23:32 Rigs

Demo? What's that?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 23:13 Rigs

FTL...seriously, I have yet to beat that bastard end Rebel ship, after nearly 10 tries...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 Rigs

Uh, Creston...

Re: No Federal --> 38 <-- Studios Charges

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 00:05:
...gave --> 58 <-- studios...

Sorry, you got my OCD senses on overload for a second...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 18:15 Rigs

*claps hands together*

Alright! Time to get this torrent starte... *looks around and realizes there are people watching*

...uh, err, I mean, time to grab that credit card and car keys and mosey on down to EB...uh, I mean, GAME...shit, uh, I mean, Gamespot...STOP! GAMESTOP!" *trips over chair and nosily runs out the door*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 11:52 Rigs

Is that...is that an IMAGE on the news page?!? SACRILEGE! Who are you and what have you done with the real Blue?! HERETIC! EVERYONE! GET HIM SO WE CAN BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! He must be interrogated to find out where the real Blue is! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Alien

*ahem*

Anyway, I can't really see any reason why anyone would want to 'upgrade' to Windows8. Seriously, it has nothing worth getting and is just a royal pain in the ass to deal with. At least previous Windows versions had some kind of gimmick or feature that made upgrading at a consideration. Even WindowsME had some features that were desirable like the integration of the NT code base which meant everything ran smoother, and even looked smoother. We won't mention that it was a total disaster and lack of planning and extensive testing meant that what should have been the equivalent of an early WindowsXP turned into one of the worst Windows versions ever. Vista was ok, I'm not sure where all the absolute scathing hatred really comes from as from what I've dealt with, the only real flaw in it was it's excessive resource requirements and use (ie being a bloated pig) and some nagging issues regarding older or brand new hardware, mostly coming down to drivers either not mature enough or just non-existent all together. There are several large bugs/undocumented 'features' that managed to skip through but those were corrected with Service Packs, for the most part. Again, I don't see where the hate comes from, except for those wanting to look cool and jumping on the bandwagon. That said, I see absolutely NO reason why anyone should be using Vista anymore anyway. Windows7 is what Vista should have been when first released and has totally and completely superseded it. I actually respect MS very much for taking the criticism of Vista (however unfounded a lot of it may have been) and instead of pretending that there was nothing wrong or coming up with some lame excuse, set about fixing the problems quickly. While they may not have publicly admitted that Vista was a failure, they nevertheless treated it as such and did what had to be done for Windows7. For all the hate that people have for Vista, there should be just as much commendation for MS getting Windows7 out quickly and right. With all this in mind, it makes one wonder what is going through their heads in regards to Windows8? Seriously, who came up with this shit? With Windows7, it looked as if MS was trying to emulate Apple in many ways, with Aero and various features and apps that closely mirrored what was on the Mac. Then, as if waking up from a dream, MS totally changed their course, throwing Aero completely OUT. Not toning it down, not changing it or making it more efficient. No, they THREW IT OUT completely! WHY? I can find no good reason WHY they had to do that. Or even WHY they'd WANT to do that! Something happened after Windows7's release that changed the course MS was steered on. Was it time travel? Did a future, near-death Bill Gates come back from the future and change history? Did Steve Ballmer come back from the future to see just how bad he could fuck up MS and still have it's customers crying out for more? I mean, what? Are they trying to destroy the solid foundation they'd started building with Windows7? Windows8 could have been so much more, so much better. Aero could have been streamlined, the Start menu could have been made more efficient and with the power available with today's hardware, Aero could have looked good!

But no. No, instead of all that, we have a version of Windows that looks like and treats it's users like a bunch of 2nd graders made it. Instead of complex, sleek menus done with the latest graphical techniques, we have Metro, so dumbed down and stupid looking that it's embarrassing just to look at screenshots of it, let alone work on it. Now the whole world can say, in unison, 'Where the HELL is my Start menu?!?'

Maybe that was the whole point. Maybe it's a big joke. And just maybe Steve Jobs possessed Steve Ballmer after selling his soul to the devil...I mean, could that be any more outlandish than if I showed you screenshots of Windows8 back in 2004 and said this is the future of Windows? You'd either laugh in my face or punch it, but you'd never believe it... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Specs
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 08:27 Rigs

8gb's of RAM?! I'm sorry, kiss my ass what?!

No game made yet NEEDS 8gb of RAM and if this is the first, it SCREAMS, to me at least, of shoddy programming. I don't understand that at all. None of the consoles come anywhere near that amount...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Huh?! Sep 18, 2012, 16:47 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:40:
Fun fact.. most desktop PC's nowadays are faster than a Cray 1....

lol...Fun fact #2...my mp3 player is more powerful than the first Univac...not to mention my moms vacuum...

ATI shoulda never let AMD put there hands on them! Dammit, now they go down the shitter with AMD...who the hell thought that was a good idea?!?

-"The CFO that just resigned..."

Oh. Well, there you go...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 23:30 Rigs

Hmm, I'm probably one of the biggest non-apologetic ATI fanboys you'll find but I think Borderlands2 will be better with a PhysX-enabled nVidia card (my god, did I just say that?!?). I saw a vid not too long ago on Youtube of the additions to the gameplay PhysX brought and I was suitably impressed. Makes it a much more spectacular title with all the added physics and particle effects. (I especially liked when they were shooting a flag and how it moved around realistically and fell apart, not like a piece of cardboard like usual). I still don't know why ATI (I mean...*ahem* AMD...*snort*) doesn't have anything like PhysX yet? They've had plenty of time to steal it from nVidia or buyout a suitable competitor yet we have nothing...I love my Radeons but I have to admit I'm a bit...jealous...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 23:22 Rigs

Wildone wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 22:47:
wow its gonna have direct control?!!! HOLY SHIT! Welcome to 1995!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!, don't act like a frackin' jackass!!11!!oneone

...anyway...what was I gonna say?...oh! It's not often that one patch to an established game opens it up to two more gaming genres...from just a simple space strat to space strat, ship sim and 4x. Not bad if you ask me...at least Cliffy-boy listens to his audience. Wasn't a big thing, I saw the reason for it to be 'hands-off' as the whole premise was to build a ship that could handle a specific enemy with specific armament and components. It was almost like a game of chess, where you had to learn specific countering components to succeed. Always loved this game, can't wait to see how the new control adds (or subtracts as the case may be)....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BIS Espionage Charges Follow-Up
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 18:54 Rigs

MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:43:
Im pretty sure that they will be released. Greece lives and breathes because of tourism, this kind of shit wont fly. And who would want to spy on the Greek military anyway. Turkey? They wouldnt bother when they can just ask their friends from the CIA

If Russia was to attack Turkey from the rear, would Greece help?

I must be getting old because it took me nearly 10 mins after reading it and going on to read two other news articles before I finally got that...would probably explain why I'm never the life of the party...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 06:28 Rigs

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:09:
Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.

~ZING!

Get a good, hard look at it because this will probably be the last time you hear anything about it until it gets shutdown...If people actually spend any real money on this, they deserve to lose it! Especially with so many other worthy games in this genre and similar...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 11:51 Rigs

Don't forget FTL!!! So much gaming goodness...why the hell would you want a console?!?
(Well, I mean except for HALO, of course... If they brought REACH out for PC I think I'd...I'd...well, I'd send them a really nice letter asking why the FRACK did it take so long?!? And then I'd do a happy dance... )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 23:44 Rigs

Anythings got to be better than the dreck that is 'Prison Tycoon 84' or whatever they're up to now. Just playing the first and the fourth (just to see if it had 'improved') was enough to be very wary of anything like it in the future...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2012, 19:26 Rigs

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:15:
TotalBiscuit put up a 30 minutes video on it last weekend...

http://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w

Damn you, nin, I really frackin' hate you sometimes...

And by 'hate', I mean love...you know, in a 'no-homo' kind of way... Manhug

I watched that whole damn video just entranced and because of that I nearly burned the whole damn house down because I was boiling a pot of water on the stove and completely forgot about it for nearly 30 mins until I smelled something burning...

I'm SO getting this Friday...after I go to the store to buy a new pot...

=-Rigs-=

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo