Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 23:32 Rigs

Demo? What's that?

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 23:13 Rigs

FTL...seriously, I have yet to beat that bastard end Rebel ship, after nearly 10 tries...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 Rigs

Uh, Creston...

Re: No Federal --> 38 <-- Studios Charges

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 00:05:
...gave --> 58 <-- studios...

Sorry, you got my OCD senses on overload for a second...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 18:15 Rigs

*claps hands together*

Alright! Time to get this torrent starte... *looks around and realizes there are people watching*

...uh, err, I mean, time to grab that credit card and car keys and mosey on down to EB...uh, I mean, GAME...shit, uh, I mean, Gamespot...STOP! GAMESTOP!" *trips over chair and nosily runs out the door*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 11:52 Rigs

Is that...is that an IMAGE on the news page?!? SACRILEGE! Who are you and what have you done with the real Blue?! HERETIC! EVERYONE! GET HIM SO WE CAN BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! He must be interrogated to find out where the real Blue is! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Alien

*ahem*

Anyway, I can't really see any reason why anyone would want to 'upgrade' to Windows8. Seriously, it has nothing worth getting and is just a royal pain in the ass to deal with. At least previous Windows versions had some kind of gimmick or feature that made upgrading at a consideration. Even WindowsME had some features that were desirable like the integration of the NT code base which meant everything ran smoother, and even looked smoother. We won't mention that it was a total disaster and lack of planning and extensive testing meant that what should have been the equivalent of an early WindowsXP turned into one of the worst Windows versions ever. Vista was ok, I'm not sure where all the absolute scathing hatred really comes from as from what I've dealt with, the only real flaw in it was it's excessive resource requirements and use (ie being a bloated pig) and some nagging issues regarding older or brand new hardware, mostly coming down to drivers either not mature enough or just non-existent all together. There are several large bugs/undocumented 'features' that managed to skip through but those were corrected with Service Packs, for the most part. Again, I don't see where the hate comes from, except for those wanting to look cool and jumping on the bandwagon. That said, I see absolutely NO reason why anyone should be using Vista anymore anyway. Windows7 is what Vista should have been when first released and has totally and completely superseded it. I actually respect MS very much for taking the criticism of Vista (however unfounded a lot of it may have been) and instead of pretending that there was nothing wrong or coming up with some lame excuse, set about fixing the problems quickly. While they may not have publicly admitted that Vista was a failure, they nevertheless treated it as such and did what had to be done for Windows7. For all the hate that people have for Vista, there should be just as much commendation for MS getting Windows7 out quickly and right. With all this in mind, it makes one wonder what is going through their heads in regards to Windows8? Seriously, who came up with this shit? With Windows7, it looked as if MS was trying to emulate Apple in many ways, with Aero and various features and apps that closely mirrored what was on the Mac. Then, as if waking up from a dream, MS totally changed their course, throwing Aero completely OUT. Not toning it down, not changing it or making it more efficient. No, they THREW IT OUT completely! WHY? I can find no good reason WHY they had to do that. Or even WHY they'd WANT to do that! Something happened after Windows7's release that changed the course MS was steered on. Was it time travel? Did a future, near-death Bill Gates come back from the future and change history? Did Steve Ballmer come back from the future to see just how bad he could fuck up MS and still have it's customers crying out for more? I mean, what? Are they trying to destroy the solid foundation they'd started building with Windows7? Windows8 could have been so much more, so much better. Aero could have been streamlined, the Start menu could have been made more efficient and with the power available with today's hardware, Aero could have looked good!

But no. No, instead of all that, we have a version of Windows that looks like and treats it's users like a bunch of 2nd graders made it. Instead of complex, sleek menus done with the latest graphical techniques, we have Metro, so dumbed down and stupid looking that it's embarrassing just to look at screenshots of it, let alone work on it. Now the whole world can say, in unison, 'Where the HELL is my Start menu?!?'

Maybe that was the whole point. Maybe it's a big joke. And just maybe Steve Jobs possessed Steve Ballmer after selling his soul to the devil...I mean, could that be any more outlandish than if I showed you screenshots of Windows8 back in 2004 and said this is the future of Windows? You'd either laugh in my face or punch it, but you'd never believe it... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Specs
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 08:27 Rigs

8gb's of RAM?! I'm sorry, kiss my ass what?!

No game made yet NEEDS 8gb of RAM and if this is the first, it SCREAMS, to me at least, of shoddy programming. I don't understand that at all. None of the consoles come anywhere near that amount...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Huh?! Sep 18, 2012, 16:47 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:40:
Fun fact.. most desktop PC's nowadays are faster than a Cray 1....

lol...Fun fact #2...my mp3 player is more powerful than the first Univac...not to mention my moms vacuum...

ATI shoulda never let AMD put there hands on them! Dammit, now they go down the shitter with AMD...who the hell thought that was a good idea?!?

-"The CFO that just resigned..."

Oh. Well, there you go...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 23:30 Rigs

Hmm, I'm probably one of the biggest non-apologetic ATI fanboys you'll find but I think Borderlands2 will be better with a PhysX-enabled nVidia card (my god, did I just say that?!?). I saw a vid not too long ago on Youtube of the additions to the gameplay PhysX brought and I was suitably impressed. Makes it a much more spectacular title with all the added physics and particle effects. (I especially liked when they were shooting a flag and how it moved around realistically and fell apart, not like a piece of cardboard like usual). I still don't know why ATI (I mean...*ahem* AMD...*snort*) doesn't have anything like PhysX yet? They've had plenty of time to steal it from nVidia or buyout a suitable competitor yet we have nothing...I love my Radeons but I have to admit I'm a bit...jealous...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 23:22 Rigs

Wildone wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 22:47:
wow its gonna have direct control?!!! HOLY SHIT! Welcome to 1995!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!, don't act like a frackin' jackass!!11!!oneone

...anyway...what was I gonna say?...oh! It's not often that one patch to an established game opens it up to two more gaming genres...from just a simple space strat to space strat, ship sim and 4x. Not bad if you ask me...at least Cliffy-boy listens to his audience. Wasn't a big thing, I saw the reason for it to be 'hands-off' as the whole premise was to build a ship that could handle a specific enemy with specific armament and components. It was almost like a game of chess, where you had to learn specific countering components to succeed. Always loved this game, can't wait to see how the new control adds (or subtracts as the case may be)....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BIS Espionage Charges Follow-Up
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 18:54 Rigs

MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:43:
Im pretty sure that they will be released. Greece lives and breathes because of tourism, this kind of shit wont fly. And who would want to spy on the Greek military anyway. Turkey? They wouldnt bother when they can just ask their friends from the CIA

If Russia was to attack Turkey from the rear, would Greece help?

I must be getting old because it took me nearly 10 mins after reading it and going on to read two other news articles before I finally got that...would probably explain why I'm never the life of the party...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 06:28 Rigs

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:09:
Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.

~ZING!

Get a good, hard look at it because this will probably be the last time you hear anything about it until it gets shutdown...If people actually spend any real money on this, they deserve to lose it! Especially with so many other worthy games in this genre and similar...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2012, 11:51 Rigs

Don't forget FTL!!! So much gaming goodness...why the hell would you want a console?!?
(Well, I mean except for HALO, of course... If they brought REACH out for PC I think I'd...I'd...well, I'd send them a really nice letter asking why the FRACK did it take so long?!? And then I'd do a happy dance... )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 23:44 Rigs

Anythings got to be better than the dreck that is 'Prison Tycoon 84' or whatever they're up to now. Just playing the first and the fourth (just to see if it had 'improved') was enough to be very wary of anything like it in the future...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2012, 19:26 Rigs

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:15:
TotalBiscuit put up a 30 minutes video on it last weekend...

http://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w

Damn you, nin, I really frackin' hate you sometimes...

And by 'hate', I mean love...you know, in a 'no-homo' kind of way... Manhug

I watched that whole damn video just entranced and because of that I nearly burned the whole damn house down because I was boiling a pot of water on the stove and completely forgot about it for nearly 30 mins until I smelled something burning...

I'm SO getting this Friday...after I go to the store to buy a new pot...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 19:45 Rigs

Jeraxle wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 15:58:
Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 14:54:
nin wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 14:32:
Jim wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 13:34:
Wow, I've been so busy this is the first time I've been to Blue's in over a week. What'd I miss?

The site is going to a paid model, to weed out some of the riff raff...

$100 per post, with all proceeds going to a Battlecruiser 3000AD kickstarter.

I'm in!

'Cha-ching' so said my shotgun...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 19:41 Rigs

'I got a bad feeling about this...'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 19:34 Rigs

Hmm, it seems to me that there's a little game of two-face going on with the MMO gaming public, it seems that even they don't know what they want! I mean, how many times have we heard we want a game with a rich backstory, nothing that looks like a grindfest with no reward, etc...and then when a game like that comes out, they complain about the fact that's there's too much story and not enough action. Huh? When I watch these 'Let's Play' videos on Youtube (which are getting a little crazy...guys only one or two for the same game, k? thanks...and freakin' make sure you get a decent freakin' mic and NO CHEWING! Damn mouth-breathers... ), they jump right through everything that makes the game worth playing. Now I'm not saying everyone does that but it seems like when a new MMO comes out, everyone rushes to see the endgame. WTF? I feel like a 90-year-old at a Black Friday Wal-Mart sales rush! I don't understand. You get an MMO for what? The grind? No. The loot? Well, possibly some of you do, I don't. The story? Of course. It just seems like a case of MMO's giving what you say you want and then you complain that you're not getting what you want... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:40 Rigs

God, I just wanna take that coroner and beat the living crap out of him! (After I play some ModernWarfare3, that is... )

Why, why, why? That's my only question to the stupid paper, why?

The comments below the story explain why the title is bullshit. I'm not gonna go into it, this happens like 10 times a year and nothing is EVER learned by it. Whether that be not blaming fuckin' video games for social problems or that out-of-touch officials should keep there fuckin' mouths SHUT!

*RAGEQUIT!!!*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:17 Rigs

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 10:11:
Well good for them.

Now if only they started supporting their games.

How is Silent Hunter 5 these days? I avoided that like the plague due to the DRM and the bugs at launch, is it much improved or is it still shit?

As has been said, there's a lot more players dedicating time to SH4 than SH5, but there are quite a few good mods for SH5. Just go to http://www.subsim.com. Luckily, that's really the only place that has everything you need and it's a great gauge of who's interested in what...Personally, I have both and I still play SH4 tons more, but that's also because my interests are more in the Pacific campaign than the German one. You can get SH5 pretty cheap now, so it's not like a big decision or anything...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2012, 12:05 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 11:58:
Nah, the problem is there is no match-making system. Unless you want Doom with GFWL

*rolls out the Kali server*

You want matchmaking, motherf***er?! You got it!

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo