Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1698 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 14:08 Rigs

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 13:37:
At the very least I will say DKR provided the background for this (imo) hilarious video. Apologies if posted before.

Oh my god that was funny...stupid and juvenile but funny...

My pics...Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Bucs, GIANTS!, Vikings, Packers, Jags, Colts, Chargers, Cards, Seahawks, Chiefs, Cowboys, 49ers, Titans

Giants and Falcons...*cringe*...keep the faith, keep the faith, keep the faith...

Edit: Looking to last week, I would have gone 10-6 had I gotten here earlier...figures...not that I know WTH I'm doing! I appreciate the vote of confidence in our (or my) NFL forecasting abilities, but 'expert' isn't the word I would use...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 10:37 Rigs

*cue on-going 'Why even bother?' campaign from Creston, already in progress*

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim
1. Re: GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim Dec 13, 2012, 10:35 Rigs

What's that smell?....oh!

BURN!

Ouch...

=-Rigs-=

5. Re: Shyamalan's new sci-fi flick Dec 11, 2012, 11:01 Rigs

I consider Signs to be one of my all-time favs, right up there with Poltergeist. I think the music and ambiance is what really does it, for me at least. Mel's character is a bit...odd, but I've seen worse. A guy loses his wife, blames God, loses his faith and then has to deal with an alien invasion alone with his kids and brother while thinking God has abandoned them. I can relate...kinda. M. certainly went for the 'implied' route when it came to scary, which is much more effective than outright showing the very thing you should be afraid of. I think it worked fine, I don't understand the absolute hate for it from some. It's got it's flaws, yes, but it's still pretty good. I look at it not as a blockbuster movie but maybe told as a kind of short-story...In that context, it works very well...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 09:31 Rigs

*Suddenly gets a chill when I think of IT...(Cliffs of Dover)*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Secret World F2P Plans?
7. Re: The Secret World F2P Plans? Dec 11, 2012, 09:26 Rigs

It's not even that, Prez. It's the fact that nothing out there has come up that really warrants a sub. Nearly every MMO has problems with constant content (except Rift for some ungodly reason...one of the devs must be a devoted little shrew), especially in the end-game, so nothing except the much-vaunted WoW seems to be even worth it. Bring out a game that drips with content and playability and a story, something REALLY and TRULY mind-blowing and innovative (there's that little word again), and I don't think people would mind. Heck, I pay $15/month for iRacing and couldn't be happier (not to mention $11-$14 each for extra tracks and cars). It's worth far more than that, IMO. But if you're not a sim-racer, you'd scoff at that. GW2 was close to the money with the innovation and content thing, but any major MMO nowadays has to really reach for it if they're going to be able to sell a $50 game along with a $12-$15/month sub...(for the record, if they had brought out that HALO MMO and it kicked ass, I would have subbed for it, no question)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2012, 11:35 Rigs

Actually, I wasn't bitching about the box art at all. I was bitching about his explanation of the reasoning behind the box art. There's a difference. On top of that, I was playing 'Devil's Advocate' as I don't even like Bioshock, to be honest. His comments were dumb, simple as that. I just explained why. But you're welcome to your opinion of my opinion, by all means... Cool

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2012, 04:07 Rigs

“We had to make that tradeoff in terms of where we were spending our marketing dollars. By the time you get to the store, or see an ad, the BioShock fan knows about the game. The money we’re spending on PR, the conversations with games journalists — that’s for the fans. For the people who aren’t informed, that’s who the box art is for.”

No. Just no...Let me get this straight, you're making the PR for the last game in a trilogy to people that don't know about the first two games? WTF?! By now everything should be devoted to bringing back the fans of the game for one more time, not new blood. Fuck the new blood! What about the ones that paid the cover charge twice before? What's in it FOR THEM? We should know already? Bullshit. This whole answer and motivation is bullshit...Did you see Bungie dumbing it down for newbies for HALO3? Or ODST? No. If you didn't know who the fucking Covenant were, you went back and played the first two. Or you read up about it. You did something OTHER THAN read the box, jackass...

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2012, 03:20 Rigs

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 15:51:
I agree that it's nice that they continued the story, basically, but they really changed Jeff Bridges' character. So much so that they might as well have just recast him and turned him into someone completely different.

I'm curious about this...in what way do you see that they changed his character in comparison to how he was played in the first one? I thought Jeff Bridges did an excellent job of not only picking up where he left off with his character alone, but also went beyond with his portrayal of Clu. I mean, that must have been one hell of a role to play two separate but, at the same time, similar characters! He did great, Imo. But back to his Flynn portrayal, the only thing I noticed (besides making him super old and much more of a 'hippie', almost to the point of bringing out his 'Dude' characteristics) was he wasn't as motivated as the first one. Which is understandable seeming how he'd been there for years by the time he was found by his son. After a certain point, most people resign themselves to their fate, even going as far as sabotaging redemption in order to keep the status quo. I thought the story was pretty well put together. They didn't bring everything back, no, and it was odd to see that the landscape of 'The Grid' had changed in appearance radically from the first one. But it was stated that Flynn had gone and started fresh again after the defeat of the Master Control Program.

From the article linked below:
The looks for the Grid aimed for a more advanced version of the cyberspace visited by Flynn in Tron, which Lisberger described as "a virtual Galapagos, which has evolved on its own". As Bailey put, the Grid would not have any influence from the internet as it had turned offline from the real world in the 1980s, and "grew on its own server into something powerful and unique". Kosinski added that as the simulation became more realistic, it would try to become closer to the real world with environmental effects such as rain and wind, and production designer Darren Gilford stated that there would be a juxtaposition between the variety of texture and color of the real world introduction in contrast with the "clean surfaces and lines" of the Grid. As the design team considered the lights a major part of the Tron look, particularly for being set in a dark world—described by effects art director Ben Procter as "dark silhouetted objects dipped in an atmosphere with clouds in-between, in a kind of Japanese landscape painting" where "the self-lighting of the objects is the main light source"—lighting was spread through every prop on the set, including the floor in Flynn's hideout.[50] Lisberger also stated that while the original Tron "reflected the way cyberspace was", the sequel was "going to be like a modern day, like contemporary plus, in terms of how much resolution, the texturing, the feel, the style", adding that "it doesn’t have that Pong Land vibe to it anymore."
The "isomorphic algorithm(s)" were another thing that was kind of...eh, 'ok, whichever'...lol...Hey any reason to get Olivia Wilde in a skin tight suit is just FINE in my book!

I also would have loved to see Bruce (Tron) in a bigger role than he had. (The movie is named after him and everything) He's such an awesome actor, I know he could've added a great deal to the movie if they'd put some stuff in for him...(For those unaware, my quote below is from Bruce's character on Babylon5, John Sheridan, where I first came to know him...and if you're even more interested (and didn't know...lol) it's from Season 5, episode 16 - 'And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder'...From a show known for it's multitudes of memorable quotes, this is the one that stuck with me through the years...

Lots of good info here if you haven't already read it... Cool

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2012, 03:32.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 11:27 Rigs

Sigh

Is it time for the kids to go to bed yet, hun? Bored

*stuffs cotton in ears* Ignoring

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 11:03 Rigs

The key word that I would use to describe this game, above all others is - DEDICATION. You need to dedicate massive amounts of time and mental energy to this game. If you're into that kind of experience, then look no further. If you're looking for a game that you can catch a couple mins of before work or whatever, you're barking up the wrong tree.

This game occupies a specific category of games that I call 'Deep Time Games'. What is that? Well, basically what I said above. Total dedication by the player. You don't play these types of games so much as practically live in them during the time you play. Other games in this unique category are War In The Pacific: Admirals Edition, War In The East, and most Matrix Games wargames in general, including Distant Worlds and also Eve, WoW, GW2 and most HPS (John Tiller) wargames...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 09:13 Rigs

God you guys bitch a lot...

To be honest, I'm about 15 hours or so in (not counting the 4 hour 'Russian experience' before hand...lol) and the only thing that really annoys me is the map. Not only does the small mini-map turn based on your POV, it's zoomed in too much. I can't tell shit from it and having to constantly go into the full screen map is a pain just so I know where I'm going.

The side missions, while kinda cool at first, are getting extremely repetitive. I think I've found everyone's daughter at least twice (and still haven't gotten so much as a peck on the cheek for the service). The vehicles are better than they were in FC2 but that's not saying much. They actually have a bit of inertia now but they're still a major PAIN IN THE ASS to control. At this point, I'd rather have GTA4 physics to the cars if anything! At least I could control them half way decently.

In addition, I lost one save when I updated, which set me back like 3 hours. Wasn't too happy about that but it's my fault for not backing them up like a good 'hardcore' gamer would. It's almost a given updating might destroy or invalidate your saves, so I almost always back them up before updating any game. But because I have to deal with this uPlay shit, I got sidetracked and forgot. THAT won't happen again. I don't even know WHY I updated anyway. It didn't help anything. I'm still undecided on what looks better in-game, DX9 or DX11 with AA. MSAA utterly murders the frame rate of this game, at least on my 5770, so if you have ATI, turn MSAA OFF! I'm also not sure what the 'GPU Rendering Frames' is, but I've got it set to 3 (out of 0-5) and it seems ok. V-sync would be nice but my system CHUGS if it's enabled. Also, if you set 'Post FX' to 'LOW', that nasty blurring goes away. Some call it Depth of Field, but it's a little much. I also turned HDR off in the .XML settings file. Everything looked kinda cruddy but my frame rate jumped 20 or so. I'm ok if it stays above 30. But you can certainly tell if it dips below that...

It will be nice to be able to turn some things off in the HUD with this patch. The mini-map is the first thing going! It's useless AFAIC anyway...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2012, 09:18.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2012, 11:19 Rigs

This seems to be the case, as each download account is tied specifically to the console and NOT the customer. Tell me that isn't the most backwards, dipshit, asinine scheme I've ever heard...smh...

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2012, 10:40 Rigs

I guess I'm the only one that really liked Tron Legacy? Actually, I loved it! The soundtrack too! You know, I say, just be frak'n glad they didn't reboot the series and totally ignore everything and start fresh with a whole new cast and story! Because they could have and that would've sucked! I'm pumped for another one. Though I already knew because of some of the interviews Bruce (Boxleitner) has been doing lately at Cons. Bruce is also one of my favorite actors of all time. (Reminds me much of my father) I knew him in B5 before realizing he was actually in TRON...lol...Though he only had a small part in Legacy and some voice bits in the game, he's said that Tron (the character) is suppose to make a re-appearance in the new one. I don't know how but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

My picks this week...c'mon GIANTS!
Falcons, Colts, Bills, Steelers, Bucs, Jets, Chiefs, Cowboys, Bears, Redskins, 49ers, Seahawks, GIANTS!, Packers, Pats

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2012, 04:31 Rigs

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 15:38:
Wo Pa Gangnam Style!!!

We had a gangnam style flashmob at a company party just last week. It was awesome!

(don't be hatin'!)

Creston Pout

Normally I would've started jammin' with them ('Hey, look! The old guy thinks he's cool! hahaha") but I woke up with a migraine this morning and then had a real early appointment, so I was in a pretty foul mood...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2012, 04:21 Rigs

Here's an 'edgy' idea...go back to Windows7 and improve it! Seriously, Win7, to me, is the best of the best. It's everything Vista should have been and more. It's XP for 2012. And it deserves to be supported and built upon, instead of cut up and thrown out. Win7 wasn't an evolutionary dead-end. It's a real shame MS considers it so...

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 14:54 Rigs

Ah, nothing like stopping at a traffic light only to have two cars full of bored mid-teens pull up on either side BLASTING GANGNAM Style ...at 6:55am... Bat

=-Rigs-= Race

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 10:30 Rigs

Good for them! I applaud their determination and commitment to stay with it and actually finish the game the way they (and the gamers who play it) wanted it...We need more of this zeal in the industry...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 21:24 Rigs

I realize some of you guys have a problem with the way Braben might be handling the various updates and details but I can't understand why anyone thinks they shouldn't be doing this game. Yes, he's asking for support and not giving many in-depth details, especially compared to other projects but there could be multiple legitimate reasons for this. They might not be really far along in the production other than an early alpha and don't want to show something that would give the wrong impression to the players. Maybe they don't want to give a lot away so it's more of a surprise when it's released. Maybe they're waiting until they have most of the features finalized first. Valve doesn't make a peep about most of it's games (nor id) until they're further along in development and not many people seem to have a problem with that. (I understand they're not Kickstarter projects, I'm just saying, 'In general'). Possibly Braben's not the talkative kind of person that can show a whole bunch of emotion toward what he's working on. Who knows? I get blamed a lot for not be enthusiastic when working on things but just because I don't show it on the outside doesn't mean I'm not. He could be the same way.

There's just so many reasons for why he's going about the project in this way, I think it's just too early to be criticizing him for the way he goes about explaining things. The project hasn't even begun full production yet so things are probably still in flux. This isn't his first game and he has a track record spanning decades, so like Roberts, I have faith that he knows what the hell he's doing.

I really wish, though, that we could round up ALL the different devs in this genre and get them to collaborate on one massive space sim! That would be majorly epic. As far as I'm concerned, the more space-sims in the market, the better!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 08:35 Rigs

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 16:24:
they were not fakes thats just spin on ubisoft end

Oh no, there were fakes alright. Most had passwords that made you go to take stupid f'n surveys to get the pass, which probably means the game wasn't what it appeared to be. I wish I could find a Zip password cracker so I can see just what exactly they put in these files to make them look legit...In any case, I saw quite a few people that were pretty ticked from downloading one after another only to find the same bullshit under a different name... I guess that's what you get, though, right? I didn't complain about it. I had already pre-ordered so I just wanted to mess around before getting my 'legit' copy. Russian voices and subtitles didn't bother me much as I wasn't all that serious about getting through the game. I really just wanted to mess with the editor more than anything...

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:07:
It's made with the latest version of the Dunia engine, which was the same engine that powered Far Cry 2.

Yeah, I believe you told me that when the first trailer came out, I just couldn't remember the name of it. Feels like (a less 'clunky') FarCry2, looks like CryEngine... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

1698 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo