Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2012, 04:21 Rigs

Here's an 'edgy' idea...go back to Windows7 and improve it! Seriously, Win7, to me, is the best of the best. It's everything Vista should have been and more. It's XP for 2012. And it deserves to be supported and built upon, instead of cut up and thrown out. Win7 wasn't an evolutionary dead-end. It's a real shame MS considers it so...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 14:54 Rigs

Ah, nothing like stopping at a traffic light only to have two cars full of bored mid-teens pull up on either side BLASTING GANGNAM Style ...at 6:55am... Bat

=-Rigs-= Race

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 10:30 Rigs

Good for them! I applaud their determination and commitment to stay with it and actually finish the game the way they (and the gamers who play it) wanted it...We need more of this zeal in the industry...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 21:24 Rigs

I realize some of you guys have a problem with the way Braben might be handling the various updates and details but I can't understand why anyone thinks they shouldn't be doing this game. Yes, he's asking for support and not giving many in-depth details, especially compared to other projects but there could be multiple legitimate reasons for this. They might not be really far along in the production other than an early alpha and don't want to show something that would give the wrong impression to the players. Maybe they don't want to give a lot away so it's more of a surprise when it's released. Maybe they're waiting until they have most of the features finalized first. Valve doesn't make a peep about most of it's games (nor id) until they're further along in development and not many people seem to have a problem with that. (I understand they're not Kickstarter projects, I'm just saying, 'In general'). Possibly Braben's not the talkative kind of person that can show a whole bunch of emotion toward what he's working on. Who knows? I get blamed a lot for not be enthusiastic when working on things but just because I don't show it on the outside doesn't mean I'm not. He could be the same way.

There's just so many reasons for why he's going about the project in this way, I think it's just too early to be criticizing him for the way he goes about explaining things. The project hasn't even begun full production yet so things are probably still in flux. This isn't his first game and he has a track record spanning decades, so like Roberts, I have faith that he knows what the hell he's doing.

I really wish, though, that we could round up ALL the different devs in this genre and get them to collaborate on one massive space sim! That would be majorly epic. As far as I'm concerned, the more space-sims in the market, the better!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 08:35 Rigs

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 16:24:
they were not fakes thats just spin on ubisoft end

Oh no, there were fakes alright. Most had passwords that made you go to take stupid f'n surveys to get the pass, which probably means the game wasn't what it appeared to be. I wish I could find a Zip password cracker so I can see just what exactly they put in these files to make them look legit...In any case, I saw quite a few people that were pretty ticked from downloading one after another only to find the same bullshit under a different name... I guess that's what you get, though, right? I didn't complain about it. I had already pre-ordered so I just wanted to mess around before getting my 'legit' copy. Russian voices and subtitles didn't bother me much as I wasn't all that serious about getting through the game. I really just wanted to mess with the editor more than anything...

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:07:
It's made with the latest version of the Dunia engine, which was the same engine that powered Far Cry 2.

Yeah, I believe you told me that when the first trailer came out, I just couldn't remember the name of it. Feels like (a less 'clunky') FarCry2, looks like CryEngine... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 03:00 Rigs

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 23:54:
Just throw it on your wishlist and make sure you're in the Blue's steam group. We'll do the rest.

Oh, oookay, since it's you nin I'll just blindly do whatever you say. If it was Creston or Cutter I'd be kinda worried...

=-Rigs-=

48. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 23:51 Rigs

My picks...and I'm bolding them because Blue missed the last two times I did it, unless I got banned for being a total noob and not knowing what the hell I was doing, in which case I agree totally...

Falcons, Jets, Jags, Bears, 49ers, Pats, Packers, Colts, Chiefs, Texans, Bucs, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, GIANTS!

Obviously the Falcons just won it while I was carefully deciding (closing my eyes and pointing)...

I just have one tiny little question...Snuggle Truck? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 02:55.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:41 Rigs

I thought it was pretty good, especially some of the soundtrack. In fact I listen to the extended version of the Main Theme in the car. Reminds me of a dark, stormy night, driving around in the city...The game itself was...ok. I want to really like it but some of the things it does tend to tick you off, like the huge difference between reactions, being totally nice an understanding one second and then accusing them of bloody murder and lying about it the next. Sometimes I couldn't find all the evidence I needed or didn't know what I should do next. And the facial reactions to tell if they're lying or telling the truth just don't work well enough. It's a good concept, they just need to refine it more...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Deus Ex Texture Mod
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 13:18 Rigs

Riker wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 13:02:
Very nice. Still looks super old, but I realize it's just a texture mod. I wonder what Ubi Montreal is up to these days...

Oh, just working on releasing a little game called FarCry3, heard of it?

Prez wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 10:30:
Maybe I'll try again with the Steam version with this new version of the mod - I don't feel like digging around to find the old disc again.

I never understood how some of you guys can lose track of your games?! Mine are alphabetized in a nice and neat double row down 5 shelves of a white bookcase and I know where the game cd/dvd's, the manuals and even the boxes are at any one time. I thought that was true for almost all gamers...I see I was incorrect...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 07:47 Rigs

I don't think it runs the Crytek engine, there are no adverts or logos for it. From what I remember when the first trailer came out, it's a modified FarCry2 engine...but as I said earlier, it certainly LOOKS like the CryEngine3...but performance I'd have to say is better, at least from what I've experienced. I've only got a 'lowly' Core i5-750/3ghz with 6gb of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD5770 and it runs pretty damn good with most settings at 'High'...makes the fan run and sound like a modern jetliner though...

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 05:12 Rigs

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 22:19:
pitty the ps3 and xbox versions leaked like 3 days ago and the pc version is out there today already. not that i would know where to get that ileagalishy stuff or anything i can burly spill werds

Yeah, there was quite a big ruckus yesterday and the day before when a copy hit the torrent sites. Most of them were fakes (I think Ubi really tried to fake the downloaders out and hired some people to put fakes and fake comments up - or at least cause the suspicion of some sort of conspiracy...lol). The legit one was in Russian and until last night, no one had the English sound files. I just fucked around with the Russian one. Pretty funny to hear that crazy guy, Vaas, swearing and going psycho is Russian...

It's a really good game, though not as GREAT as I had expected. You get a lot of FarCry2 feel with it, especially the vehicles. They drive better but they still feel kinda clunky. I can't max the settings on my poor 5770 (sounded like a 747 almost the entire time) but it reminded me a lot of Crysis and the Crytek engine. It's a solid performance and it runs great even on lowly setups such as my 3 year old system. I can't really take to the character you're supposed to be, though. His friends are the rejected group from Jersey Shore and I'm not that interested in saving them. Plus, you're trying to save this one girl, at least, yet nearly a whole island full of civilians are being massacred around you and you're just supposed to be, 'Meh' with it? I'm sorry, did I get sent to Rwanda or something where that's the norm?

Haven't got into multi, since I don't play much multi. The editor was the thing I really wanted to try and it's very detailed. So much so that it's gonna take a while to get through it. Better than the FarCry2 editor but not as crazy as the CryEngine one. YMMV.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2012, 05:17.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 21:07 Rigs

The more I see, the more I WANT!

EDIT: There's an in-depth vid of the FarCry3 Editor right here, clocking in at 22 mins...

EDIT #2: Another live-stream of the FC3 Editor here! Clocks in at well over an hour! (Though most of it is the guy with diarrhea of the mouth...Just STFU and bloody show us, already! )

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2012, 21:19.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 03:05 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 21:09:
I dunno... Limit Theory seems like some kind of experiment to me like...

What is the limit of people's stupidity? How long can a single individual uphold the one-man-show gig and keep the cash pouring in without anyone getting seriously suspicious?

Honestly, guys. Just think about the title of the "game". Limit Theory. Think about the premise, think about what's shown, think it all through... do we really believe in the concept of a single guy being able to work magic out of his ass? Really? Do we?

To tell you the truth I sure as fuck don't.
I, for one, wouldn't be surprised one bit if at the end of the campaign a giant middle finger is flipping us all the birdie at the KS page with a single line posted "EXACTLY HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH YOU DUMBFUXX?!?".

Wow, I take it your a 'Glass Half-Empty' kind of guy, eh?

Hey, don't fret, so am I. But that idea someone had before about getting all these one man groups together in one room (or project) would be seriously interesting! Imagine that, if they all formed a group, put all the projects together in one 'Mega' space-sim...and out popped Tie Fighter 2 three years later...ha ha...

No but seriously, think about it. A Privateer/sandbox-type sim, with Star Citizen/CryEngine3 graphics, a single player MMO, the other players being very intelligent AI (I guess you could have multi, if you wanted that...blech!...as long as it was implemented seamlessly, like maybe how Burnout: Paradise did it) with the Star Wars or Star Trek or B5 or Star Gate licenses...all for your choosing. You can be part of the evil 'Imperial'/Klingon-Romulan- Cardassian-Borg-Dominion/Shadow- Centuri-Narn-Drakh- Clarks'Forces/whateveEvil StargateRaceThereIs (I don't watch it enough, sorry), or you could be on the 'good' side or anything in-between...

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 00:25 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 23:51:
And as for real-time dynamic weather, didn't MS Flight have that? Maybe Ship Simulator Extreme too? And I'm sure I've seen some weather related mods for Skyrim. I'll be starting a new playthough at Xmas when I pick up the DLC for the Steam Xmas sale so hopefully I can find some then.

Well, yeah, I mean there a lot of games that have weather 'effects', and they might be dynamic in nature but I'm talking like a full weather/climate model with jet streams and everything. It changes on it's own based on a sophisticated mathematical algorithm...thing and gives you totally 'on-the-fly' weather conditions no matter where you are in the game world. On top of that, it would be cool to be able to see the cloud and rain/snow/storm patterns from above, maybe watch hurricanes/typhoons form and dissipate (like that awesome storm in HALO Reach!), trying to forecast where they would make landfall based on projections (since it is all fully dynamic, like the real weather, it's hard to know what will happen hours down the line)...

Hell, maybe even a full-fledged weather prediction sub-game. Be a weather man, then drive, run/walk or fly in it! Yes, MS Flight Simulator has had weather and there are a couple really good weather add-ons, but nothing as grand as what I have in mind...lol...The problem with weather in games like Skyrim and GTA4 is that it's pretty much localized. The parameters are there for the whole area but it only actually shows up just around your character. So, for instance, you can't be at a barn when it starts snowing and then go away for a few hours and when you come back there be a foot of snow on the ground...follow me? Something like what I envision, would make that scenario the tip of the iceberg... (uh, no pun intended)

EDIT: You know, something I just remembered...Surprisingly the first Midtown Madness had part of what I just described, ie. the snow would stick to the ground and accumulate over time. That was absolutely awesome! I remember driving around just to watch the snow pile up. Too bad there really wasn't anything more to the weather model than that and reduced visibility...oh, and of course, slippery roads...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2012, 00:31.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 23:11 Rigs

Uhh...Yahtzee tears my favorite game franchise to threads (ragged threads at that) and I sit there and giggle like a little school girl sitting next to her first crush at recess...DAMN YOU, YAHTZEE!!! I want to hate every mean little twat-y thing you said and yet...I can't...ARGH!!! First the cancelled Halo MMO and now this - Can't a HALO fanboy get ANY love?

=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 22:55 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 18:22:
And yes Rigs, the combat on that CRPG looks impressive, but given their lack of history I wouldn't back it. Hope they make their funding though. If they do and it's good I'll buy it.

Well, the one thing I typically hate about RPG/adventure types is the whole 'you slap me and watch the numbers pop up/I slap you and watch the numbers pop up'', until one finally runs out of numbers and falls down, promptly fading out of existence only to show up again in the next 'random' encounter...Ya see where I'm goin' with this?

In other words, not even remotely realistic. Even Oblivion had me saying, 'Aheh'...Something a lot more realistic like that and not 'pre-made' by a 'buy off the shelf' engine sounds intriguing, especially with every game coming out nowadays plastered with an 'UNREAL' logo...blech...it's about time someone thinks outside the box...

EDIT: You know though, the ONE thing I've been waiting for and have yet to see, and I'm curious as to why, is real-time, dynamic weather. Hell, I would even make some extreme considerations for a real-time dynamic weather simulator, maybe something like a modern Sim Earth with weather and climate? Is there anything out there like that? C'mon, someone must know how...

=-Rigs-=

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 16:00 Rigs

Has anyone seen this game on Kickstarter? Holy Geezus! I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but WOW! That's an RPG I'd actually play! (Coming from a sim/wargame geek)...

(Ran into it while looking at this game here...)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 15:46 Rigs

Oh, so was this the 'surprise' from that 'curious cube' thing?

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 13:59 Rigs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLUE!!!! Party

I need to write down when your birthday is for now on...I keep forgetting. Hell, I'd rather remember yours than mine. I have a tendency to get arrested, beat up, or crashed into on mine...for some reason, usually through no fault of my own...usually...

Here's hoping yours is a little less...'uneventful'...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2012, 21:48.

News Comments > Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 23:15 Rigs

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why did you have to show me that, nin?! I had NO idea there had been an attempt at a HALO Mamorphaga...Now I have to be all 'emo-angsty' over something that almost existed years ago...dammit, sometimes being a fanboy sucks...

=-Rigs-=

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo