Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1752 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Meridian: New World Announced
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2013, 22:32 Rigs

Probably because there's an old RTS called Star Trek: New Worlds that would probably give them some trouble...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row IV Still RC Down Under
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2013, 14:01 Rigs

Yahtzee doesn't seem to have a problem getting what he needs....

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

News Comments > Molten Games Formed
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 22:07 Rigs

Do they ever set out to lower the bar?

I mean, for fucks sake, enough with the PR bullshit! Tell us when you have something to show... (Yes, I'm being a cranky bitch... )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 22:04 Rigs

1badmf wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 19:27:
Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 19:22:
As much as I can't stand another politico caught with his pants down (Ahem!), this whole thing is old news. Basically, the media is double-dipping into the same frakin' controversy that just almost finally blew over (AHEM!). I'm not sure where I read it, but he had told his wife that more shit was going to come out about him but that nothing has happened since the original fallout. Granted, you can take that to any bank you want, and they're going to most likely tell you that you can't cash a check written in Arabic with crayon, but I can see both sides of this. It's only coming out now because he's running for mayor. Otherwise, the media wouldn't give two shits...

=-Rigs-=

reports i've read/seen say this is new stuff, that wiener's been spreading himself around anew since the first incident. i just don't understand people like this. there has to be something broken about you to not be faithful to your wife, esp. one you married just a few years previous.

I knew someone was going to make me dig it out of my browser history...grrrrr...

Here!

I'm goin' to bed...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 19:22 Rigs

As much as I can't stand another politico caught with his pants down (Ahem!), this whole thing is old news. Basically, the media is double-dipping into the same frakin' controversy that just almost finally blew over (AHEM!). I'm not sure where I read it, but he had told his wife that more shit was going to come out about him but that nothing has happened since the original fallout. Granted, you can take that to any bank you want, and they're going to most likely tell you that you can't cash a check written in Arabic with crayon, but I can see both sides of this. It's only coming out now because he's running for mayor. Otherwise, the media wouldn't give two shits...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
50. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 19:15 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:48:
One thing to note (though I doubt this was with deliberate foresite), you can hear the sound of an alien egg opening at the *very* end of Aliens after the credits roll.

Oh, wait, that squishy sound? Yeah, sorry, that's not an alien egg, it was just me licking the popcorn butter off my fingers...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Vendetta Online Patched; Adds Oculus Rift Support
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 19:07 Rigs

When was the last time you played? In the last six to twelve months they've put in a lot of new stuff like conquerable stations, more sectors, new ships, mobile (Droid) and Linux versions, and major graphics overhauls to certain parts (not to mention major AI/NPC and player ship performance/weapon tweaks). Granted, it's not as 'lively' as Eve, mostly because many gamers don't know about it. I'm hoping that this news spot will help bring new blood in and bolster the numbers some. Once you get into it, it feels a lot like the 'X' series in many ways...

If it's been a while since you were last in, give it another try...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 18:59 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:27:
Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:09:
Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

Pressing disks and shipping them off to retailers doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah but it don't take a frakin' month either...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 16:09 Rigs

Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 16:00 Rigs

Ahoy! More Call of Duty's off the port bow!

You know it's going to happen...if they have to make money fast with something 'safe', what do you think they're gonna do? Finance a new IP in the hopes it'll be the next big thing or....yeah...

Oooh, if only I could be there to see Kotick squirm! Hope into one hand and shit into the other and see which one fills up first, motherfucker!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2013, 16:22.

News Comments > Vendetta Online Patched; Adds Oculus Rift Support
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 12:45 Rigs

Two for two, Blue, as this is another game I follow closely (it's not one of the more 'well-known' space-combat MMO's, so many gamers don't know about it, but should!). This was announced a while ago in their email newsletter, but obviously hadn't been actually put into service until now. If anyone here is interested in a space combat MMO that doesn't require a college degree to get started (I'm looking right at you, EVE) or a serious time sink, then Vendetta is right up your alley! Seriously, we could use some more fresh meat and the game is awesome. Surely worthy of your time until Star Citizen comes along, at least... Thumbsup

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 06:33 Rigs

yuastnav wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 03:48:
[edit]
Although there are some things I don't get.
1. I cannot actually mine on my own? I.e. I have to get a ship with a mining beam?
2. Is there a way to save the state of the singleplayer world?

1. Yes...it's LIKE Minecraft but it ISN'T Minecraft...lol...yes, you need a ship...

and

2. Yes...just don't ask me how, I just know you can...

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 06:04 Rigs

Ok, ok, ok...

Can we just agree to dsiagree on this whole Aliens/Aliens3 thing? You guys are running in circles that have been well-worn into the pavement by other geeks years before...you're not going to come up with anything new that makes any difference in the storyline (unless your making a new movie, in which case I'll give you the number to my agent ) and, on top of that, I've only seen ONE person here mention anything about how the DLC retcons the story, which IS official (supposedly). And no one's talking about it. C'mon guys, it's old already. I know, I know...really, I do. But it's a waste of time...there are whole FORUMS set up for this argument alone, and they're well ahead of ya...

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 18:59 Rigs

I installed A:CM having read all the drama surrounding it ( not to mention that Yahtzee's take on it is fucking hysterical! ) but I still held out hope. I'm one of those that doesn't always see eye to keyboard with the status quo and have loved many games that most found to be wanting. I also thought, btw, that Aliens3 was a good fucking movie, especially considering the dreck that came after it! (I mean, what more did you want? It was cliche'd up the ass, yes, but it had suspense, some action, and the ending was somewhat emotional and made sense...to a point, anyway. It wasn't the blastfest Aliens was, but what third movie in trilogies actually lives up to their namesakes? It was good enough. It could have been much worse!) The huge retcon doesn't bother me so much. I mean, who really cares, eh? So what, if they make it work somehow, fine. I had to practically zip my mouth shut when Spock was yelling 'KHAAAAAAN! this summer, so this ain't nothin' to get your panties in a bunch about. Maybe the DLC will explain it better than the game itself. Who knows. I'm intrigued. I guess that was the point.

But back to the game. It has it's problems. I'll be honest, I haven't played it much beyond the first sitting. I've been meaning to but...well, then I find something else. I haven't updated it yet either, so I don't know if they fixed some of it's faults or not. Seeing how much crap Gearbox has been spewing for Boderlands2 though, I doubt it. A:CM is this years Duke Nukem Forever. But I will finish it! I don't know how long it will take, but it will stay on the ol' hard drive until it's done...

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 16:55 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:20:
Would you say it's easy to pick up and play like Minecraft? When I look at it, it seems like I wouldn't understand anything. I'd have to read guides endlessly to do the most basic things. You have to read guides in Minecraft too, but it's still very user friendly.

It's pretty user-friendly, about on-par with Minecraft. Obviously, you have to read some to know what to do, but you can just boot it up and start messin' around without any heavy reading. The way you build a ship and then how you mine minerals/ores/whatever will require some reading, but it's not hard and it's pretty easy to remember once you've done it. It's certainly not something you'll have to constantly refer to a manual or strat guide for...

All I can say is try it. There's plenty to do without having to pay for it. It's definitely worth the measly $3 though...

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 15:15 Rigs

Geezus, had I known you'd put it on the front page, Blue, I'd have told you about it weeks ago! This is kinda old news, my friend. I've been playing this thing for more than a month now. It's got quite a following, including community made Star Trek ships like a Connie and a Klingon D3, all for the taking at www.star-made.org.

If you're looking for something like Minecraft in space, people, THIS is the one! You can land on planets and build stations, including ships and it's heavily dev supported, along with a ton of community support. If you were on the fence with all the Minecraft 'me-toos', this is one to get. Yes, the whole 'blocks' thing is a bit tedious...if not ugly, but it's functional...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2013, 14:21 Rigs

I don't see a problem...nearly every Windows tablet is able to be wiped and then you can put on what you want. WindowsRT might be different, since it's an ARM setup, but I think Windows tablets are the equiv. of a Windows notebook only more versatile...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarter
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 14:30 Rigs

Sho wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 15:43:
Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:39:
It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

Eh, what the fuck? How is "putting up a page and pleading" not the most honest way to go when fighting to fund your game? They're exposing themselves right to the public eye, and as you can see from your own harsh comment, that's not necessarily a smooth ride.

As for the budget, $200k doesn't sound like a whole lot considering the scope of the game they're pitching in the video.

If you thought my previous comment was harsh, then you don't want to know my answer to that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 14:26 Rigs

Werd!

See, Mom, all that money for college didn't go to waste!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarter
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 13:39 Rigs

Man, aren't we conceited little fucks, yes? $200,000?! For a zombie game? When the indie world is pumping them out faster than you can puke from the sight of them all? No thanks. KS turns more into a venture capital company every day...

It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

=-Rigs-=

1752 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo