Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - WarBirds 2103 Dec 20, 2012, 10:46 Rigs

Uh, Blue...*points up at the headline*...2103? I think it's 2013, yes?

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
27. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 17:15 Rigs

Why do I get the impression that the feeling on the servers now that this has devolved into a mess is akin to that of when Galactica rammed the evil Cylon colony and everything went ape shit? IOW, a total clusterfuck...

'Starbuck! Jump the ship!'

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2012, 16:13 Rigs

PHJF wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:14:
Don't make me laugh, that Nintendo-style pinball was never good for more than a minor distraction. Pro Pinball completely trounced it.

Are you completely mad?! Seriously?

Ok, whatever floats your rubber ducky...I'll stick with my Epic, thank you...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
14. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 16:10 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:04:
Rigs wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:52:
So...umm, where'd all that bundle money go?

Plus, if they were to give Volition permission to go ahead with Freespace3, they'd be rollin' in it in no time! (Yes, I live in a fantasy world, doesn't everyone?)

=-Rigs-=

The smoldering ashes of Interplay still retain the rights to Descent and Descent Freespace.

BLASTED! Foiled again!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
7. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 15:54 Rigs

*thinks about the whole development of WarZ*

*laughs so hard, can't make a proper post*

This shit is GOLD! You can't make it up, you just can't, no one's that funny, it's not possible...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
9. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:52 Rigs

So...umm, where'd all that bundle money go?

Plus, if they were to give Volition permission to go ahead with Freespace3, they'd be rollin' in it in no time! (Yes, I live in a fantasy world, doesn't everyone?)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2012, 13:43 Rigs

That's actually a cool read...especially the comments by ol' Danny Thorpe (Maxis) who, as previously said, made it originally as Full Tilt. Wow. Am I getting old or frakin' what?! Best PC pinball ever made? No contest - Epic Pinball for DOS...'EPIC' indeed...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack
3. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 12:01 Rigs

Oh, yeah, look at that, another game with the same damn cars as every other 'unique' racer...

When do I get to ride in the 'Griswald Family Roadster Truckster'?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2012, 09:27 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 00:50:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 23:30:
Ok yeah that was pretty great.

Edit: Damnit now I'm going back and reading all of them.

Haha that's what I did after work for an hour on my parents' Christmas present that I'm giving a 2 week test run.
Something about 2560x1600 on a 10 inch screen makes everything look amazing.

'Two week test run'...sure..ah ha, we got ya, just testin' it out...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack
15. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 19:42 Rigs

Flatline wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:31:
Yeah, the Omaha Beach landing, while essentially a railroad, was a genre-defining moment. There aren't many military shooters that manage to match up to that. I wonder how it holds up today, ten years after all the derivatives...

Also, when are we going to have a AAA Korean War shooter? Every other war has been humped to death.

The Omaha beach map was pretty intense and I actually liked the re-do in Pacific Assault, coming onto, I think it was, Tarawa. I'm a big WW2 Pacific-theatre buff, so Pacific Assault was a good run through along with AA. CoD at the time (and even now), is just too chaotic, everything happening at once, all too fast. I actually like the Rambo-type, one-man-versus-all kind of shooters. NPC's getting my kills just pisses me off...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack
4. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 13:16 Rigs

ASeven wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:59:
Less than 200 people playing on PC. Wonder if EA will do another MoH and crash and burn all over again.

In the hopes that I don't have to eat my words...again...I'm gonna say that they'll probably let this franchise rest for a while now, thank god...You'll probably see it again in a few years back in WW2 or maybe even Nam, depending on what way the market leans. I'll just sit here and play the originals, when MoH meant kick-ass WW2 shooter... *breaks open the War Chest*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Iron Sky: Invasion Demos
2. Re: Iron Sky: Invasion Demos Dec 18, 2012, 13:13 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:26:
What if I wanted to play from the side of the moon Nazis?

I was thinking the same thing...haha...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs
20. Re: nothing to see here, move along Dec 17, 2012, 22:29 Rigs

nin wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 18:17:
Aaaaaand your new account is on the twit filter...

Mine too...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2012, 21:35 Rigs

Ant wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:41:
Prez wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 16:59:
PHJF wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 13:18:
I don't know what I would do with all that downstream, and I almost never upload things, so my 25/1 for $30 a month is plenty enough. Downloads from Steam are 1.5-2MB/s any time of day, so paying for any more would seem like a silly luxury.

You only pay $30 for 25mb/s down?? Shocked

Comcast charges me $75 for 25/3, and another $50 for VOIP. No wonder I'm poor!
Try $52.99 for 15 (used to be 10 a few weeks ago)/1 in L.A. area for non-promotional price. Also $3.95 for leased cable modem.

I'm not quite sure the spread on price, but here in west-central FL (hour north of Tampa), we pay $145/month to BrightHouse (TimeWarner) for 10/1, VOIP and about 200-channels of cable, nothing premium, non-promotional. That also doesn't include fees, taxes, sacrifices to the Gods, and a new $4 modem-rental fee. It was mentioned some months ago that we were going to be upgraded to 15/1.5 but I don't know if we qualified for that or not. Our speeds really haven't changed much, I get a max of 1.3/mbps down during downloads. I got smart, though, with my torrents after they started throttling my connection. Unfortunately, for some reason, the modem/router/mta-combo...thing we have didn't take kindly to that and would promptly take a header into the seldom-used feature of 'looking like it works but really doesn't' mode, dragging the VOIP kicking and screaming with it, not letting us online or use the phone until it was rebooted, which involves physically removing the battery from the screwed-in compartment underneath the box and letting it 'stew' for five minutes in the corner to think about what it's done. After this, I plug it back in, wait for it to reacquaint itself with old friends, play 'Slap, Slap, Handhshake' with the server and let us back online again and be able to call Grandma and assure her we're not purposely ignoring her calls. *sigh*

Sounds like fun, yes? The kicker? If I tried to re-start my torrent download, this would all repeat within five minutes. Thus providing me with something to pass the time that was wholesome fun for the whole family. Finally, I ticked a seldom-noticed option in uTorrent to randomize the port everytime it was started. This one feature saved the router from breaking several world records in Wireless Router Distance Throwing...

And in other news...

Oh Eli...there are few words to describe my utter disappointment... With still two games to be decided this week, I don't think it'll make much of a dent in my appalling record, which, right now, stands at *cringe* 6-8...ugh...Did anybody have a good weekend?

Though, for some reason, when I see this, I can't get Scorpion's 'GET OVER HERE!' out of my head, and then a crack of thunder as the poor boy is slammed to the ground...'Ooh! That's gotta hurt!'...Indeed!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2012, 22:21.

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics
21. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 15, 2012, 02:24 Rigs

ChangWizzle wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 01:48:
Translation:

"We revived our shitty codebase, the crappy shaders and 50hz refresh rate limit from Crysis 1 and the over-tesselation of objects that don't matter in addition to the tesselated underground ocean of Crysis 2. And just for kicks, the game doesn't use any SIMD units on the CPU. Chew on that suckers!"

Damn! You beat me to it! I was gonna say...

'Hey there, old chum, you and your comrades aren't gonna feel the need to render the whole ocean that somehow was transported to NYC's subway system, one wave at a time again, eh?'

What a colossal clusterboggle!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DmC Devil May Cry for PCs Next Month
18. Re: DmC Devil May Cry for PCs Next Month Dec 14, 2012, 17:59 Rigs

Shineyguy wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 15:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 14:07:
Domgrief wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 11:03:
And I never understood the draw of giving subsequent games in a franchise stupid and non-sequential names.

I don't care if they're "reboots" - it really isn't that hard to accept that Doom 3 was a re-imagining of Doom 1.

You mean like Star Wars: Dark Forces 4 Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy?

This has to be the best break down of the naming of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy games I've ever seen.

I wish they'd release a newer Jedi Knight game along the same lines as Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight. Far and away the best of the series IMO.

Actually, I thought it was Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy? Or is it a non-issue after the second colon?

I loved Outcast, played it to death. Jedi Academy? Not so much... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 05:12 Rigs

nin wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 01:33:
COUS-IN! LET'S GO BOWLING!!!!!!!!

I loved Roman's scenes, he was just too funny...especially in the intro and very beginning, when they get to the apartment...

"This city is like a giant Udermilken Ice Cream Shop. Thirty-six flavors of titty!"

or

"Okay, I'm an idiot, but you have to admit I've got the best line in bullshit you've ever heard."

That shit never gets old!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 13, 2012, 22:03 Rigs

Geezus, *R, don't frakin' tell us about it, just frakin' DO IT and THEN gloat after, so we can all be happy...as long as it's PC-centric...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Details "Completely Fabricated"
3. Re: Mass Effect 4 Details Dec 13, 2012, 21:56 Rigs

What no one realizes is that this is all the beginning...the start of a huge experiment with ARG-type marketing, years ahead of the game that it's being made for. Think about it. Bungie was always good at doing these kinds of things for upcoming HALO releases (especially for HALO2) and there really hasn't been anything that's grabbed headlines since. So they do this as a way to keep ME in the minds of gamers and maybe even play with our sympathies by making it look like it has something to do with Shepard's survival after the end of ME3...just you wait...I'm callin' it THREE years ahead of time and I expect my name in lights when it is finally revealed that I was right the whole time...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 14:08 Rigs

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 13:37:
At the very least I will say DKR provided the background for this (imo) hilarious video. Apologies if posted before.

Oh my god that was funny...stupid and juvenile but funny...

My pics...Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Bucs, GIANTS!, Vikings, Packers, Jags, Colts, Chargers, Cards, Seahawks, Chiefs, Cowboys, 49ers, Titans

Giants and Falcons...*cringe*...keep the faith, keep the faith, keep the faith...

Edit: Looking to last week, I would have gone 10-6 had I gotten here earlier...figures...not that I know WTH I'm doing! I appreciate the vote of confidence in our (or my) NFL forecasting abilities, but 'expert' isn't the word I would use...

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo