Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1664 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 23:21 Rigs

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 22:50:
{Kosh} And so it ends {/Kosh}

{Delenn}...in fire, but not in darkness...{/Delenn}

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2014, 11:38.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 22:43 Rigs

Slashman wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:55:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 18:17:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 18:01:
Can you Americans hurry up and finish your summer already, go on, move your fall forward, you know you want too!

After the winter we had in NA? No chance in hell! Much as I want this I'm more than content for fall to be delayed as long as possible this year. We're still thawing out and need the heat!

What's this winter you speak of? Must be something we don't get here in the Caribbean. Evilgrin

*Looks outside to thermometer* - 82F at 10:15pm...fuuuuck me! And it's only the middle of June?! Crying

I'm with nin on the whole open-world thing, I'm a total addict! Minecraft, GTA-SA/4/5, Oblivion/Skyrim, JustCause, ETS2, DriverSanFran...anything I can get my hands on, and if it's in space, all the better!

The one thing I'm really looking forward to and hope they implement soon is real dynamic weather and cloud formation. None of this skybox/parallax bullshit. Real, honest to god dynamic clouds with dynamic storms. I was just thinking about this tonight how it would be awesome if *R somehow implemented a big storm, like a hurricane, to hit SA/LS during the game day, like with the occasional storms and rain/lightning, but more severe. Maybe have radio warnings and reports, road closures, storm surge that floods the beach and shore areas and then have the Army/National Guard come out to police the area, giving you the opportunity to plan heists based on the weather forecast. Wouldn't that kick ass?! Everyone evacuating so you lay low somewhere and hide until everyone is gone and then do a heist/robbery during the storm? That would rock! Or maybe severe thunderstorms and tornadoes? Again, with warnings over the radio and sirens blaring. (Yes, I'm a weather fanatic, too!)

I've been waiting a long time for a weather-related game to come out. Maybe an updated SimEarth? Where you can see the impact of multiple hurricane strikes on a region over a period of years or centuries? Watch a storm like the one in HALO: REACH form dynamically from birth to dissipation? *shivers*

Man, I wish (...I wish I was little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat, And a six-four 'pala...)

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 20:47 Rigs

I still want that monitor, Carmack!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 13:16 Rigs

I get a very strong 'Pandora'-vibe from this...I wonder why?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2014, 20:53 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 17:59:
Quboid wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 17:11:
My guess is that in the rush to get a new version out for the annual release, they could only manage 2 platforms for FIFA 14.

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 15:11:
So are you soccer fans excited about the world cup? Punch

A month of football? You bet!

Even as an American and a (former) fan of American football (no time to watch sports these days), I have to admit that European football has the better claim to the name "football." I've always felt that American football should be called something else, given that it's barely played with the feet at all. I have no idea what that might be, but I've always felt it has been misnamed.

Well, let's look at this another way for a second...we have baseball (which involves bases and a ball, doesn't say anything about the players or what they do to or use for, the ball) and basketball (same thing, nothing about the players POV on the sport). Then we have golf, which...I have no idea how that pertains to anything about the sport itself...and hockey, which, again, has no clues as to what the sport is about. In the end, it's two one way, two the other. (Without any mention of tennis, because, let's face it, who the fuck watches tennis in this country?)

So, really, soccer could be a legit name based on previous game names in the U.S.. But if you look at football, then it becomes somewhat of am anomaly. BASEball involves bases, BASKETball involves baskets (hoops, whatever). If we were to keep the same naming convention then, football would be better off being called TURFball or ENDZONEball, or possibly just ZONEball, which isn't so bad. GOALball is also somewhat of a possibility, along with HELMETball or RECEIVERball.

Given all that, maybe it's just better to leave it as it is and just deal with it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
45. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 12:05 Rigs

You know, something entirely different might actually happen and that's the SC community actually sinking the game on their own. What I mean by that is, they are so wound up into this whole thing and their attention hinges on every little drop of information that any bad news and the collective bitching, fighting, arguing and finger-pointing might become so extreme as to scare people away from the game and this could become a snowball effect where some people leave, then other people see them leaving and they leave (ie, don't buy or contribute) and so on. In the end, the whole project collapses, much like Daikatana. (Truth be told, Daikatana wasn't all that bad! I've played worse. It wasn't great but not BC3000AD disastrous)

And this might not be because of any real fault of the dev (Roberts), it just might be normal game development but because they put so much emphasis on the game and what's being made, how and when it might possibly be done, they enable this kind of situation to become possible.

Besides, after all this time, you think devs would have gotten smart enough to know NOT to ever give specific times for release! How many times has this blown up in their collective faces over the last 20 years? Seriously, stop giving 'concrete' release dates! You're only hurting yourself!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > World of Speed Trailer
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 11:37 Rigs

Pigeon wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:44:
Cutter wrote on May 28, 2014, 13:33:
One thing all these car games need to do is tone down the reflections. They're really distracting and annoying.

Are you trying to suggest that not every puddle of water or slightly metallic surface has a mirror finish on it?

BLASPHEMY! To the wall with both of you! Rifle

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
23. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 17:01 Rigs

nin wrote on May 25, 2014, 14:22:
Cutter wrote on May 25, 2014, 03:08:
commonperson wrote on May 24, 2014, 22:28:
Do you ever say anything positive? Given that Abrams is rolling back the most egregious sins of Lucas and the fact that Disney to date have known when to leave well enough alone with other content creators your grumpiness (though it does seem your default state) seems a bit misplaced and overly pessimistic.

Oh shut up you fucking troll. Most everything I post is positive. I just don't put up with bullshit from trolls like you. And another jackass goes on the ignore list.

Um, no. It's a 50/50 mix, at best. Maybe you don't realize how negative you sound, but you do sound negative more often than not, IMO. I loves ya, but you do suck the air out of the room, sometimes...

Yup, only one way to solve this...and since I've apparently run up my man-love quota for the day, it's gonna have to be a group effort!

Grouphug

Yay!...Meesa feels so much love right now!...um, nin, man, get your hand off my ass, please...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 25, 2014, 17:06.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
48. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 10:47 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on May 25, 2014, 09:49:
My Freelancer CD even gave me a reach around

Wow, now that's what I call a 'stretch goal'! Lol_dies

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 25, 2014, 02:09:
So now Rigs ... it's time to choose.

Pikachu, I choose you!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 25, 2014, 13:53.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
40. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2014, 23:34 Rigs

NKD wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:56:
Reagle is obviously suffering from some kind of mental illness. You can see the escalating weirdness in his post history. It's like reading the post history of some 10 year old kid.

Popcorn Well, my weekend's booked!

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:37:
Its not hate if its true...try to get a copy of Freelancer and let me know how that goes for you.

Dude, I'm literally holding the cd in my hand as I type this...really, I can throw it up in the air and everything! It's got pretty artwork on it too...

...and if I flip it over, now who's that handsome fellow on the back?! Hmm, well, that must be Chris Roberts! Wow! Hi, Chris! Oh, cool, he waved back at me! Hey, guys, Chris Roberts waved at me!!! OMG! Oh, wait, what's this? He wants to kiss? Oh, well, ok, who am I to say 'No' to Chris Roberts?!

*smooch*

Wow, he's a good kisser!

*makes out with cd*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2014, 23:11 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on May 24, 2014, 15:59:
We'll never see the likes of an x-wing / tie fighter / millennium falcon type space sim again, all my hopes are on Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen to deliver the goods.

You guys are way too pessimistic...I think once the space sim genre gets a kick in the ass again with Elite and Star Citizen and the indie sims released, it might be enough to set off another space sim golden-era, where old titles like X-Wing (god, spent SO much time on that one, with a mouse and a 486SX/25, no joystick whatsoever) get redone in new graphical chrome. It's not really that difficult a thing to imagine. Disney just has to get it's priorities straight and now isn't the time it's going to do that. You have to see that from their POV, they're still feeling things out, what works and what doesn't (obviously this recent cancellation is proof of that). One title I'm really hoping they resurrect is 1313. That looked bad ass, a homage to Jedi Outcast. I was pretty disappointed they killed that...

Learn some patience and stop making every decision out to be the END ALL, BE ALL of any and every possibility...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 5
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2014, 11:46 Rigs

ArsTechnica didn't like it too much, though he went off on a tangent about...actually, I don't even really know, certainly didn't go into detail about the game itself. I've never played Tropico (though I seem to own a few somehow) and reading the review didn't really tell me much about the game itself. I mean, isn't that the point?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 10:31 Rigs

Oh, geezus, my sincere condolences, Blue, I had no idea Hudson was gone...it happened during the two-ish weeks that I didn't have 'Net access, so I never heard. I'm so sorry! When you mentioned it, I was like, 'WHAT?!? WHEN?!' and then I looked it up. Man, I feel like I just lost an old friend that I hadn't seen or talked to in a while...I'm just...speechless, really...

*shakes head, lost in thought and walks away*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
30. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 18:11 Rigs

So...I caved and re-installed...been playing a lot of TC lately, which doesn't really help to go from a game in the series that gives you so much freedom to one that...doesn't. Was I setting myself up for failure? Yeah, pretty much.

But it just looks so damn good! Damn you, Egosoft! Damn you to hell! You entice me, you tease me like a veteran hooker and then...I find out you're a cop...DAMMIT!

This one is jailbait, boys. Go back to the tried and true and wait a few more...years?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Global Launch
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 10:17 Rigs

It's actually been worked on for over a year and started in other countries before it was brought to the US and North America...this isn't a twitch reaction, it's been planned for a long time...

This explains it better: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Realms

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:58 Rigs

Yeah, I've noticed TB has been more talky, less play-ey lately, don't know what's up with that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:55 Rigs

'More capital ships'

SOLD!

Blush What? I'm easy to please, what of it?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Supreme Ruler 1936
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:11 Rigs

Works for me...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:09 Rigs

I managed about 2.12tb for the last two months...not on mobile, of course...Do I look like a billionaire to you?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:05 Rigs

Until reading the premise for this game in an interview, I never even realised that Aliens took place long after the first movie and that she had been in cryo for a long time. Was that explained in the beginning of the movie when Burke comes to see Ripley at the medical ward? Maybe I just didn't pay attention. I was under the impression all these years that LV42...uh, 6? whatever...was a different planet that they just happened to run into the xenos on...

Game looks really good though... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

1664 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo