Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2013, 01:32 Rigs

Oh, for Christ- 'capable of DX11 performance'?! Big frakin' deal! Um, hello, it's 2013 and DX11 has been a viable platform since 2008-ish! WTF?! If I buy a new 'NEXT GEN' console, I want it to blow my socks to Cleavland! Not just be capable of doing what my 2 year old PC can do already! That was the point of consoles in the 90's, to blow us away with these 'amazing' visuals and awesome, never-seen-before games and gameplay. If it doesn't have that, then what the hell is the point? If the console isn't able to out-do current PC's, then buy a frakin' PC and consoles become irrelevant...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
58. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 21:31 Rigs

Typically I don't waste my time to argue about all this bullshit...and that's all it is. But when reading the story (yes, my Blue brothers, I gave Kotaku a page hit, please forgive my transgressions!), this comment...

Malcolm Christiansen @DrShenanigans
@mikesacco @reverendanthony Hey big fan of BL2's writing here also, loved Handsome Jack, TT was a profound misstep & made me uncomfy thanks

...made me just want, very much, at this very moment, to punch this little girlie-mon right in the face! Slap 'Uncomfy'? UNCOMFY?!? Uncomfy is a really bad rash on your crotch, not a character's voice-over in a video game! I can see this pansy-ass strapping himself to a tree to protest a construction site! Where the fuck is my chiansaw?!? Bat

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 20:55 Rigs

And Euro Truck Sim 2 went where? *annoyed*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 12:36 Rigs

Rhino wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:22:
ASeven wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:03:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 18:29:
$237.7 M of revenue for Mojang. Astounding.

While EA keeps losing money, Mojang makes it. Guess the industry is no longer what it was a couple years ago.

Well, that has a lot to do with spending, too. If money were booze then Mojang stores it up like a fine wine, sipping only that which it needs. EA goes on a bender and then pisses it all away after a few hours, hoping that it does something awesome while under the influence.

*goes to click 'Like' button*

Where the hell is the 'Like' button?! Geezus, Blue, get with the times!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rhino...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Newell on Self-Publishing on Steam
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 21:43 Rigs

Unlike Sepharo, I welcome our new steamy, portal-loving publishing overlords and only wish them great victory in the coming war with the traditional publishing tyrants...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X3: Reunion Linux Beta
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2013, 19:38 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 17:39:
Creston wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 11:31:
I had no idea Ego was porting stuff to Linux, though I have to wonder why they picked Reunion rather than any of the follow-up titles.

Creston

I'm kinda more amazed Ego is still around, there's only so many times you can re release the same buggy niche title and stay in business usually.

Always loved the concept of the X games, their execution is always shittastic though.

o.O

No comment...

=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2013, 01:19 Rigs

(if you ignore your GPS, at least, since it seems to relish in sending you across every fucking chickenshit dirt road in Europe)

Haha, you noticed that too, eh? Yeah, I love when it doesn't tell you to turn until you're RIGHT UP ON IT, which always causes me to slam the brakes and lurch over to the turning lane, usually with a loud *CRASH!* following close after as the car in that lane goes careening into the shoulder...Or, when you miss said turn and then try to find a turn-around along the middle of the highway and it's fucking steel BARRIERS for 40 miles! I love this fuckin' thing!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Junction Point Closure Rumor
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 21:44 Rigs

Tis what happens during a frakn' paradox...game developers close their doors...Where's Q when you need him?

=-Rigs-=

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 00:01 Rigs

Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 22:53:
Rigs wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 22:45:
EDIT: I am curious what this sim has to do with the other SCANIA Truck Sim as they both look nearly identical... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

It's made by the same company. The Scania games were earlier games, this is a more evolved version, basically. (though I think really the biggest difference between the two is that there are more trucks modeled in this game.)

Oh, and btw, there is an absolute shitload of mods available.

Creston

Indeed, I've been practically living on that site for the last two weeks, though I found it like three months ago when ETS2 first came out...

EDIT: Pretty bad when one of the first 'America' maps they get out has a picture of a head-on collision...

Ant wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 23:57:
netnerd85 wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 23:53:
Ant wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 23:46:
netnerd85 wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 23:35:
DmC: Devil May Cry needs more love! it looks beautiful on the PC
Was there a playable demo of it? Or did I miss it?
Only for the Consoles, they really need a PC demo because it blows them out of the water.
Yes, they do. I don't know if I would like the game.

Stupid question but is this a new version of DMC? I know DMC4 had a demo (or something you could call a 'demo') and it was gorgeous on PC, especially with DX10...but I hadn't heard of another version, if this is one I'll have to check it out...

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 22:45 Rigs

Using my Logi G25 and loving every bit of ETS2! It has plenty of support for wheel, pedals, and H-shifter (or sequential for the shifter panzies out there...) What I do is hook up both my G25 and my Logi RumblePad2 (a wanna-be Dualshock...hell, now that I think of it, I could probably actually use a PS3 DualShock also...hmmm...) and use both at the same time...since the G25 comes with 'only' 14 buttons (or so), having the pad for the others is nice. Plus I have a G510 keyboard, so my G-keys come in handy too! Everything is supported either in-game or through the Logi control panels. (I use this setup when sim-racing also) I haven't tried to play it straight kb+mouse style as I'm not really into the whole S&M thing...

I agree with MisterBenn 's analysis. The roadways and landscape don't exactly correlate to real-life but it looks good enough to not really care anyway...lol....at least to me. I wasn't going into it thinking this was the FSX of truck sims...though I suppose it could certainly be with a little more spit and polish! They have a good thing going with this sim, they need to keep it up! It makes the other trucks sims look like Big Rigs... *shudder...puke*

EDIT: I am curious what this sim has to do with the other SCANIA Truck Sim as they both look nearly identical... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 19:46 Rigs

That WarZ review is painful to read...but entertaining nonetheless...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 19:34 Rigs

I'm callin' it RIGHT NOW...first step in the 'soldered to the board CPU'...you just wait...

=-Rigs-=

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 02:19 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 08:00:
Rigs how can you drive anything that makes left AND right turns? :)

Haha...yeah, yeah, you do realize there are two road tracks in the NASCAR CUP circuit, right?

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:18:
There's a certain logic to a guy name Rigs that digs truck simulators.

Just means I know what I'm talking about...usually...

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:21:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 01:58:
How well are the environments modeled? I mean, do you genuinely feel like you're driving through European countryside? Or is it just generic "green" backgrounds? Do you ever drive through cities/villages? Is there any difference in backgrounds when you go through different countries?

I'll be honest, I kind of like the idea of simming my way through Europe in an ERF.

Creston

Here's the trailer. Lots of footage of driving on suburban and wooded highways, but except for the occasional castle or windmill, it looks like you're driving through Jersey. Still, graphics are nice (Dirt 2-ish) and I like the fact that you're driving without racing, which is unusual. This would be good to get my kids used to the rules of the road before they actually started driving.

Still, I don't see how this is so popular as to take the top spot at launch? It kind of boggles the mind.

Yeah, the environment modeling could use a little work in the 'unique' department, though it threw me for a loop when I based in Luxembourg and then got a job into the UK and was all of a sudden driving on the 'wrong' side of the road! That took some getting used to! But your trips across country are nice and pretty long, depending on where you're going. Weather is modeled well and visibility drops quite a bit in rain. Graphics are nice with all the newer post-effects present like Depth of Field, Bloom and whatnot. My system chugs a little when the settings are high, especially in the rain and night time with all the lights on but that may just be my system alone. There are a lot of graphics options to get the right fit for whatever system. It's not like the typical budget title where your choices are 'Low', 'Med' or 'High' and nothing else. The truck interiors are very detailed and customizable, as are the exteriors and there are a fair amount of truck brands to choose from. Plus, there are mods out that give you more trucks, brands, graphical tweaks and different maps. There's also a map editor, though accessing it is not very intuitive and best done in 'Windowed Mode'. If you're even half curious, check out the demo. It really is surprising that a game like this can be so good but nonetheless, it is...

EDIT: Also, wanted to add that it fully supports wheels and pedals along with H-shifters (like my Logi G-25) as well and I recommend using it if you have one! Awesome experience!

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 01:40 Rigs

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:33:
Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

Indeed, I actually just dropped by here to check the latest news after spending at least the last 3 hours playing ETS2. While I'm a big sim-racing fanatic, I'm not always crazy about these 'sim-everything' games (like Woodcutter Simulator or Garbage Truck Simulator (which is garbage btw) or whatever) but Euro Truck Sim 2 is really nice and a big upgrade from the 'barebones' '18 Wheels Of Steel' series. Things are thought out and the physics/driving engine is very good. Seriously, give it a try if you're even a tad bit interested or curious, it's worth it! Cool

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 19:42 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 18:39:
Sorry, Rigs. I had the reply window open and had left for a bit before I came back and responded. Didn't even see what you said until a few minutes ago.

Ah, I'd be embarrassed to admit how many times I've done that...

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 18:21 Rigs

*taps mic*

'Hello?! Is this thing on?!'

I suppose none of the games I mentioned apply either?

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 14:15 Rigs

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 13:19:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 13:14:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 11:59:
As I have said before (if ya have the rig for it) got start up GTA4 and put the graphics to max. Now please tell me 1 other game out there that has that much detail and space going on in it's game?

Skyrim...and it looks much better.

Where towns/dungeons are a completely separate map. Great choice.

To play 'Devil's Advocate' here, I would say that Just Cause 2 has quite a bit going on and very nice detail, at times. At others it is quite devoid of life, especially after clearing out a 'stronghold' or whatever. Saints Row 3 maybe? I haven't played it enough to be sure. Dead Rising 2 had a lot going on at once sometimes, but it's not as 'open-ended'. Driver: San Fran was much better looking and had better driving mechanics but, of course, you couldn't get out of the car. Far Cry 3 is much better looking but more limited in scope. Another GTA-wannabe, Mercenaries 2, was pretty detailed and had some innovations shared with Just Cause 2, but was buggy as all hell, especially graphics and physics-wise. Still, I enjoyed it immensely until hitting a critical bug that prevented me from progressing any further, at which point I just stopped playing altogether... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Return to Ravenholm Screenshots
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2013, 21:05 Rigs

So we hear news of Episode 4 before anything on Episode 3? Fascinating...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2013, 14:21.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Python hunt Jan 14, 2013, 09:21 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 06:47:
Actually, Rigs, I was wondering if you were going to the python hunt.

Wow, I read that one wrong, eh? My bad...no, I hate FL as it is so I don't need to do anything that's going to 'endear' me more to this god-forsaken land...especially man-eating reptiles and lord knows what else lives down that way...

I actually went through the Everglades once, part of a 'round-trip road-trip'(c) to help a friend run a van from Jacksonville to Ft. Lauderdale and then over to Ft. Meyers and back up here...NEVER AGAIN! After dropping the van off, five of us crammed into my fiance`'s poor '89 Mercury Topaz (my friend, at the time, weighed in excess of 300 pounds) and ran the I-75 line across the 'Glades, which is desolate. We got about three-quarters through and hit an afternoon storm that dropped visibility to nearly nothing and a few feet. I slowed down to a crawl but there was no where to pull over or stop and only turn-arounds every so often (like a long causeway or bridge, really...and now that I check Google maps, I see it's totally changed since I was there, figures). Keep in mind it was the dead of summer, about 90 degrees and 100% humidity, NO A/C (of course) and we were all tired and cranky. The rain let up a little bit after some time and, I shit you not, someone said, 'well, at least we didn't blow a tire or something' and about thirty seconds later we heard a loud screech and then the alternator belt snapped off, with a loud thud as pieces hit the underside of the hood! (for about two years until we finally replaced it, again, we ended up going through about 200 alternator belts because the first replacement to the original was mounted wrong and it took us that long for someone who knew what the fuck they were doing to fix it (I'm not mechanically inclined)) When the battery light popped on, I knew what it was so I just kept going and we finally made it to the other side.

Now that I think about it, I feel bad for that poor car. We put that thing through hell and while it broke a lot, as most cars would, it still didn't break catastrophically. (My ex did break it permanently after our split and it now sits in a field somewhere to live out it's days in peace) The worst things were what happened above and loosing the whole exhaust, muffler and all, while we were going through Jacksonville on our way from NJ to home in 2001, at the intersection of I-10 and I-95. In the middle of four lanes of traffic, doing about 60mph and all of a sudden, *Babam!*, and I looked in the rear-view mirror to watch the cars behind us part like the Red Sea as the muffler and pipe went skittering along the road. I never even let off the gas, just kept going...

=-Rigs-=

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo