Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1665 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2013, 23:07 Rigs

Gearbox Software, meanwhile, experienced damage to its credibility and loss of its money.

Rubeyes ... Inquisitive ... Crazy ... Giggle ... Laugh2 ... Rotfl ... Hahaha_no

Listed in order in which they were perceived...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2013, 08:47 Rigs

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 07:47:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:14:
I get F1 and Rally racing, but will never for the life of me understand the draw of NASCAR.

Close racing.

Yup, I remember that race! I also remember Craven's huge, death-defying wreck at Tally all those years ago where he flipped up and over 4 cars, crashed into the catch fence and then back down over 4 more cars and into the infield without hardly touching anyone! And there was nothing left of that car afterward. NASCAR racing is just something, I guess, you have to have a thing for. I watch Indy and F1 but I'd gladly watch a NASCAR cup race over either. When I'm racing in IRacing, it takes constant concentration and it isn't easy! Just because you go 'left' doesn't mean it's a walk in the park. You have to hit your marks, just like Indy oval racing, and you don't have nearly the amount of downforce to stick you to the track as F1 and Indy cars do, which makes it more challenging as well. The 'left turn' comments don't bother me, it just tells me that either A: They've never really sat and watched a whole race all the way through and given it a chance or B: Are just being ignorant...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > MotoGP 13 Demo
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2013, 13:30 Rigs

Demo? What is this 'demo' thing you speak of? Sounds like sacrilege to me! TO THE INQUISITION!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3: Lost Island Found
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 23:33 Rigs

I was big on Crysis3 though I never finished either 1 or 2 (that's a famous failing of mine, being a self-professed hardcore gamer, I almost never finish the games I play...having said that, I managed to finish 3 games this year so far, so maybe I'm getting better at it ). Once I got it, however and saw how badly it scaled on my aging HD5770, having to put most things on 'LOW' was a major disappointment for me, I put it aside for a while. Just last month I picked up an XFX HD7850 on sale and so first, I tried to play some Crysis3. While it ran much better (still not at the highest levels - no, you'd need a fuckin' CRAY for that, apparently), I got about half-way through (I think, *MINOR SPOILER* when Psycho finds out his 'girlfriend' was the one that 'skinned' him) and it crashed to desktop, just like that. No error, nothing, I was watching and then the next second I was staring at my desktop. So I said 'Fuck it!' and I haven't played it since...

So...yeah.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Announced
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 19:36 Rigs

Sorry, Quboid, misread your post. Don't mind me, when I post on here, I'm typically not awake and coherent enough...kinda like everyone else!

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 19:05 Rigs

If I was joking, you'd know it. I wasn't. Have you played Crusader? You said you played the second one, how about the first? You're basing your opinion on something contrary to what I was talking about (the first game, in particular). If that wasn't clear in my post, my apologies. I meant the first game in the series.

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 14:44 Rigs

Yeah, unless they somehow turn everything back to the way it used to be, which is seriously doubtful, this isn't going to work. And since they're calling it a sequel to the worst one in the series, I'm thinking that's not their plan. I mean, why does every game now have to be about the twitch mentality? Everything is now, now, now. Aside from nearly everything Paradox and MATRIX puts out (which are hardcore for the most part), everything has turned into more of a 'I don't want to wait, show me now' kind of thing. It sucks. I was reading some of the OLD issues of CGW yesterday (think early-90's, DOS-era, before Win95) and there are so many games that made you actually put TIME and EFFORT into using them.It wasn't instant gratification...and I think gaming has lost that and Crusader, as it is right now, is a perfect example...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2013, 12:04 Rigs

Well...ugh. It's...okay. I don't mind the action but it feels like this type of game hasn't 'evolved' in 20 years and some of the clunky graphics just make it feel like an old game with a new coat of paint. I mean, it's fun for what it is...I guess. If you can get over all the 'Fuck yeah!' macho bullshit. I have expect them to come out with 'I'm gonna stick a boot up yer ass for fuckin' with 'Merica! Fuck YEAH!' *explosions*

Like I said...ugh.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2013, 02:46 Rigs

'DUST514 HAS LAUNCHED!!!'

*crickets*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GRID 2 Trailer
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 11:09 Rigs

Why? Why Codie, WHY?! God, I wish I could just go up to them, grab them by the shoulders and shake the ever loving fuck out of them! One core tenet of racing is learning the track...every turn, dip, rise and straight, where to pass, where to out-brake, etc...If one is serious about running up front in a race, then you have to know the track! This 'feature' throws that completely out the fuckin' window! I mean, I understand the appeal, in an 'arcadey'-type of way, it gives the game a lot of replay value. And I'll admit it's an interesting 'feature', something I applaud Codie for having the balls to try new things in an established series. That said, it's a 'feature' that I will, personally, turn off right from the get-go (if it's even possible to do so).

Sometimes I wonder what direction they're trying to take their racing games in. They typically have a great graphics, sound and physics engine, but then they mess it up by doing stupid shit (like DIRT Showdown Puke ). They should either make a full-on sim (like F1 2012) or full-on arcade shit (like DIRT Showdown Puke ) Not this in-between crap. Don't pull out my cockpit view and change the fuckin' track around and then make me fall in love with the graphic and physics engine, dammit!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2013, 05:39 Rigs

But the leaders of the free world are under attack from an alien invasion in the land of the free, and itís up to you and your gang to save the world, Saints-style.

This is going to be a disaster...I'm calling it, I love Volition (Freespace FOREVER!) but SR4 is going to be one big clusterfuck... /facepalm

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2013, 18:38 Rigs

I have not only NOT bought SkyRim, I've never played an Elder Scrolls game - period! Ok, that's a little misleading. I have played Skyrim, somewhat. I got through the character customization and the intro sequence, up 'til your standing at night at the base of a mountain, which I assume is the start of the actual 'game'. That was from a torrent when it was first released and, man, it was BUGGY as all hell! Maybe it was a beta version? I dunno, but I had to click things twice for 'single-click', if it registered at all. The 'pause' menu was a wild ride because of this, as I ended up double clicking things all the time. I suppose that ruined the experience for me. I guess that's what I get for downloading it, eh? Since then, I've been tempted, but like others, I have a pretty large backlog and I'm typically short on time. And most of that time is spent on Euro Truck 2! Speaking of which, where the hell is it on the list?! It just kinda fell off and then disappeared, never to return? Hmph...

As for the older Elder Scrolls titles, I owned MorrowWind but never played it. It was a pack-in with one of my video cards from WAYYYYYYYY back...I thinking either my Voodo2 (Diamond Monster 3D-2) or my Geforce2 MX (Hercules 3D Prophet2). Can't remember...

EDIT: Yeah, it was for the Geforce2 MX as MorrowWind was released in 2002. But not MY Geforce2MX, as I bought mine right after they were released in 2000. No, it was for a friends Geforce2MX 64mb in 2002 when I built their system. (It's all coming back to me. I was tempted to switch my card with his as mine only had 32mb, since he knew little about them and didn't game much, but my conscious ruled out. Stupid conscious! Not that it would have mattered much anyway, as the extra 32mb of video ram probably wasn't a big deal. I got my DELL P4/2.66 in 2004 anyway, so I didn't have long to suffer) But now that I think about it, I did have Daggerfall as well, which was a pack-in with not the Voodoo2 card but the Rendition card (Diamond Stealth S220, which I still have sitting in my closet!) that was also in the system! I forgot about that one...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2013, 18:47.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2013, 14:34 Rigs

Stupidity apparently knows no bounds. I had to read that news blurb three frakin' times before I completely understood the situation. This isn't even good enough to be half-assed backwards! It's more like inter-dimension, mirrored inside out - assed upside down! Having DRM for DRM's sake? Can't it just frakin' DIE already?! Obviously no one likes DRM, nor does it actually accomplish the very reason it's implemented! Geezus...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
66. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2013, 19:01 Rigs

AngelicPenguin wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 18:46:
I actually play all my games on a PC, but I can see this discussion is going nowhere, so thanks anyway.

Hey! Don't go bringing common sense into this argument! What the hell's the matter with you?!

=-Rigs-=

60. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2013, 16:21 Rigs

*looks for a tape-measure smiley*

DAMMIT! ...Blue!

Popcorn I was going to do some work today but this is much more entertaining...

=-Rigs-=

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2013, 14:08 Rigs

Ok, you guys bitching about controllers just need to stand against the wall, drop the pants and grab the frakin' tape measure and get it over with already! Seriously! This debate has no merit, is not logical and can't be won by either side...so, basically, WTF are you arguing about? Do you honestly think that you're going to say the one thing that the other guy is going to turn around and say, 'Hey, yeah, I never thought about it like that! I'm gonna do it your way from now on!'?!? Geezus, people, grow the frak up...

Besides, everyone knows that PC gaming ain't shit without a trackball...

A bitch with a smile,
=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2013, 12:34 Rigs

Wolfox wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:58:
Darks wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:46:
Wolfox wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:39:
I like games. I have a PC. I don't own any consoles. I just want to play good games, that's all. Does that sound offensive to you?

Whatís offensive to me is when some junkie kid screams about needing controller support for a pc game. Yes that is offensive. You want to play with a controller go play on your console. Itís that simple. If you donít own one, then stop trying to turn your pc into one.

Wow. Thanks, sir, for telling me what I should do with my PC. I guess I'll play Falcon 4 with mouse and keyboard and see how that goes.

What's the matter with playing Falcon4 with the keyboard and mouse?! (Or LockOn for that matter) These newfangled controllers with their buttons and rumbling are just a fad!

Oh, and by the way, *cocks shotgun* Get the hell off my lawn!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Distant Worlds Expansion Announced
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 19:29 Rigs

Kedyn wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 16:59:
Look at this game reminded me of Derek Smart. Where has he been lately, anyway?

You just had to mention his name, didn't you? *shakes head* You are aware he Google's his name daily, right?

Distant Worlds just plain kicks ass! Is it over-priced? A little. But think about it this way...the time you spend in this game is massive! It's super intricate and detailed. It's the 'War in the East'/'War in the Pacific: AE' of space 4x games. They probably would have better success with putting things on STEAM but MATRIX mostly specializes in the niche wargaming genre, which, right now, is very small. Just as adventure games died off a while ago, along with space-sims, the hard core wargaming grognard genre is almost back to 'underground' status, as it was in the 80's when it began. I'm not a fanboy that thinks MATRIX can do no wrong. They can, and have at certain points. But they have their reasons for not making a bigger presence. That said, I would really love if they would put their games on STEAM eventually. Maybe if wargaming comes back 'en vogue' again....or maybe not.

Regardless, I'm seriously psyched about the expansion. I've played Legends to absolute death and then some. Mods help, but it's nice to see DW hasn't been abandoned by MATRIX...

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 19:20 Rigs

Ant wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 17:57:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 14:30:
Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:42:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 11:48:
Oh come on, there's an easy way to figure this out. Just pretend to announce a new NOLF game and wait to see who sues you.

+1
+2
+3

C++

Oh! Right! Sorry... C#

Much better...

In any event, I have NOLF2 for sale over at SimHQ in their Buy/Sell/Trade forum (you have to register to get to it, I think, but I also have about a million other games on the list too). It's in great condition as I haven't played it in...oh, at least a decade...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 15:22 Rigs

Bluesnews has forums?!? Holy shiznit, why wasn't I informed of this?!

=-Rigs-=

1665 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo