Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1714 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
47. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2013, 03:19 Rigs

Speculation is that the guy that was head of Win8 development (Strakovsky?...something like that...the one that got fired after it was released) is in the top running for the job. Who knows how that will turn out...we know how well Win8 was received...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2013, 01:59 Rigs

I'm seriously buzzin' about GTA5...I dunno why though, I wasn't like this for GTA4. Maybe it's because this is suppose to be so much bigger and better than anything before...blah blah...maybe the story is more 'approachable' and maybe because it looks better and the UI and mechanics have been updated. I'll say one thing about *R, they sure put their ALL into their games...well, at least the GTA's, anyway...

I wish so bad it was on PC but I'm gonna wuss out and get the PS3 version. I just HAVE TO HAVE IT! I wasn't even this bad with HALO4 (mainly because it was such a pain in the ASS to get my PS3 sold before it came out, which I wasn't able to ultimately do because people want everything for NOTHING! Assholes... )

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2013, 08:51 Rigs

Wow, second screenie there, looks like Max is... *puts sunglasses on over other pair of sunglasses* ...in a Rage!

YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Bow

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2013, 16:40 Rigs

Hellbinder wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:26:
Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:02:
Good thing bcus XRebirth and Star Citizen would rape that game.

you cant even compare these games. your post makes no sense at all.

Good thing pac-man inst out because Skyrim will rape its round ass.

yeah that makes as much sense as what you posted. every game has its own quality and its own merit based on its own brand of fun.
Parias wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:14:
Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:02:
Good thing bcus XRebirth and Star Citizen would rape that game.

This is a horrible post and you should feel bad.

Why can't we enjoy all three games? This mentality is why I loathe the CoD/Halo communities.

*slowly closes door and tiptoes away...* Vanish

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots [Updated]
22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 08:22 Rigs

WyldKat wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 04:43:
But seriously... why does it look EXACTLY like Sims 3?

Either we're seeing a very early alpha build and the final graphics haven't yet been put in place (and they're using the Sims3 engine as a placeholder, with some tweaks) or EA is going to have a serious problem getting everyone to switch over to this one when they've spent countless funds on the Sims3 expansions. I haven't really read the article yet, but maybe they'll be some backwards compatibility built in? There's got to be something besides just a modernized, more mature graphics engine and some re-tweaked features to give people a reason to switch...

=-Rigs-=

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 08:11 Rigs

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 06:50:
Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:13:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:46:
Sims Online....you know its coming

They made that like six years ago, and it never did very well. They took it down like last year or so.

Wow lol, it must of bombed bigtime cause i never even heard of it...weird!

Some more info on 'Sims Online'... and word on a possible fan/community follow-up...

Fan Revival

In early 2012, it was announced by fans of the game that Niotso, the project groups name, has cracked several files in the game and have harvested source codes. They say the project is about 50% complete, and when done, The Sims Online will be playable via fan servers. (LAN).

For the record, it was launched in 2002 and shutdown in 2008. There's now (or were) several Sims games/projects on Facebook, like 'The Sims Social'...

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2013, 16:14 Rigs

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:28:
Looks exactly like Sims 3 to me...

Indeed, that was the first thing I said to myself when I saw it...bloody hell, it's Sims3 with some tweaks! Maybe they're going for a Madden/FIFA-isk yearly update thing?

=-Rigs-=

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2013, 14:53 Rigs

Faint

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 21:57 Rigs

So that's a 'No' on the Sims4 first screens, or was it posted before? Pouting

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 19:33 Rigs

God, I fucking hate Fargo...He ran Interplay into the ground, had to have his hand in nearly everything, and now goes around saying, 'waa, waa, poor me, look what I had to go through!'...pitiful, pathetic jackass...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 07:02 Rigs

Julio wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 05:22:
You know Best Buy is going to try to sell an extended warranty on that useless black box. I mean they tried to sell me one on a calculator that cost $1.00...

They'd sell it on a pack of gum if they thought they could get away with it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 01:44 Rigs

First Sims4 pictures here...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Stealth Video
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 21:37 Rigs

I'm starting the series on Revelations and finding it...unique. I was never really interested in it before but I got it for next to nothing so I figured, what the hell? I'm pretty early in, I guess, just getting to Istanbul, but it's not as drool inducing as I thought it might be. It's actually pretty interesting, though the overall story has me scratching my head. I guess I would know more if I started from the very beginning. So he's from the future but they're able to simulate previous time periods? I know, I know, 'Google it, you schmuck!'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
47. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 21:09 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:00:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:52:
Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:03:
Well what's the only game they didn't port? RDR? It's never really been a question of it coming to the PC so much as when.

And RDR may be a fluke. That was one of the most troubled development cycles to actually manage to release a game. The general consensus around the industry was that the entire studio was going to collapse. Instead they released a moody, atmospheric blockbuster, but it seems that it may have all come together at the last second.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar was caught off-guard by RDRs success and really had plans to move away from it as quickly as possible. It may explain why we've heard zilch from that studio, too - I really think they were in limbo at release and Rockstar ended up very delicately trying to figure out how to fix their massive flaws without ruining whatever it was that made RDR great.

So they wait years to figure out if RDR is a hit and then consider it for release on PC? I find that scenario hard to believe. As has been pointed out by me, and others, Rockstar is out to make money. It makes no sense not to release RDR unless there's a financial reason. And in my opinion, that reason is to feed the 'fear' that Rockstar might not release every game to the PC, thus building their sales on console releases. This way they get the most from the consoles, then get the most from PC buyers and some double-dippers. What could be better than that? (Financially, anyway) RDR may come out later down the line, but I doubt it. There's really nothing about RDR that would make it uniquely difficult to bring to PC. It's certainly not any different from say, LA Noire, which I would think would be much harder to port, given it's various technologies. RDR is basically GTA in the wild west. The only logical reason for them not to release it would be financial not technical.

=-Rigs-=

There was a financial reason - they didn't expect the game to do well and, more importantly, didn't think they could take a single person off of the development of the console version to put them on any form of PC port. PC ports aren't free - they cost money. And they require someone to perform them. Even if they're done by a different studio, you still have to have some of your engineers working on the engine and providing support to the external team. And everyone else on the team needs to be available to answer questions. And a producer from the original is probably overseeing the port.
Go reread all the "Rockstar Spouse" reports and tell me if they sound as if they could have spared this. And, when Rockstar seemed to think this would be a failure, hell, basically the entire industry expected this to be the next Trespasser or Daikatana, why would you spend a dime to port it?

Your "fear" argument makes little sense.

Holy shit, Beamer, did you even READ what I said? All of it?!

Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:52:
The only logical reason for them not to release it would be financial not technical.

There was a financial reason

Speechless

Either I'm stupid or you just re-enforced what I just said...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2013, 21:31.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Announced
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 20:49 Rigs

Oh god, PLEASE don't suck!

*runs off to download demo*

=-Rigs-=

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:52 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:03:
Well what's the only game they didn't port? RDR? It's never really been a question of it coming to the PC so much as when.

And RDR may be a fluke. That was one of the most troubled development cycles to actually manage to release a game. The general consensus around the industry was that the entire studio was going to collapse. Instead they released a moody, atmospheric blockbuster, but it seems that it may have all come together at the last second.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar was caught off-guard by RDRs success and really had plans to move away from it as quickly as possible. It may explain why we've heard zilch from that studio, too - I really think they were in limbo at release and Rockstar ended up very delicately trying to figure out how to fix their massive flaws without ruining whatever it was that made RDR great.

So they wait years to figure out if RDR is a hit and then consider it for release on PC? I find that scenario hard to believe. As has been pointed out by me, and others, Rockstar is out to make money. It makes no sense not to release RDR unless there's a financial reason. And in my opinion, that reason is to feed the 'fear' that Rockstar might not release every game to the PC, thus building their sales on console releases. This way they get the most from the consoles, then get the most from PC buyers and some double-dippers. What could be better than that? (Financially, anyway) RDR may come out later down the line, but I doubt it. There's really nothing about RDR that would make it uniquely difficult to bring to PC. It's certainly not any different from say, LA Noire, which I would think would be much harder to port, given it's various technologies. RDR is basically GTA in the wild west. The only logical reason for them not to release it would financial not technical.

=-Rigs-=

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:30 Rigs

Panickd wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:20:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:38:

THEN, and only then, do they start to give in about the PC version. They've gotten pretty much all they can out of the console version, so now it's time to ring the PC version dry. They've done this nearly every damn time and yet each time seems like the first in the eyes of the PC gaming-centric media! You're playing right into their hands, hook, line and sinker! If you didn't act like starving tigers clawing at the gates for that juicy steak on the other side, then this wouldn't happen. Rockstar, at the end of the day, is out to make money. The way they play us like violins is Marketing 101...

There was never any doubt that GTA V was going to be released for the PC. It was expected everywhere by everyone and reported as such. It's become SOP for the major releases of the GTA series to hit the PC 6-8 months after it comes to the consoles. It's a little hard for Rockstar to sucker anyone when everyone knows the PC release is happening. The only people that get shilled are the ones that feel as though they just have to play it day one. And it's not a conspiracy, it's capitalism. Consoles sell more copies than the PC hence the consoles get top billing and priority.

And BTW, all companies are out to make money. That is the sole reason they exist (if they're publicly traded, anyway). It's not a bad thing. It's how modern day economies work.

Isn't that what I just said?! Thank you for summarizing my post, here's some cake... Cake

And for the record, I wasn't criticizing Rockstar, I was merely pointing out something I felt was obvious...

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:38 Rigs

I don't doubt that GTA5 will be on the PC as well as consoles and I don't doubt that that was the plan all along. I just can't believe no one else sees it and calls them on it. They know that gamers have short memories, at least when it comes to release dates - after the fact. Everyone knows the release date of some games coming out soon, like GTA5 and Saints Row4 and Assassins Creed 4. But few remember when they were released after they've done so. Who can remember when the original GTA4 came out? Max Payne3? Saints Row 2? Halo2? GTA3? Rockstar knows this. So what they do, and they did it with GTA4 also, is they pile on the PR for the console version, fast and furious (ahem), and never mention the PC version - EVER. This creates doubt in the minds of those that really want GTA. So they start to fear that if they don't get the console version, they won't be able to play it at all! In addition, Rockstar will occasionally hold back a title from being released to PC (Red Dead Redemption), to re-enforce this 'fear'. So when GTA5 is released, they make a big deal about it and get everyone to buy the console version without giving away any plans about the PC version. A few months go by, Rockstar never commits to an answer about it either way, meanwhile the console version is at the top of the charts. The Christmas season comes and they once again trumpet the console version to squeeze every last drop out of it that they can...

THEN, and only then, do they start to give in about the PC version. They've gotten pretty much all they can out of the console version, so now it's time to ring the PC version dry. They've done this nearly every damn time and yet each time seems like the first in the eyes of the PC gaming-centric media! You're playing right into their hands, hook, line and sinker! If you didn't act like starving tigers clawing at the gates for that juicy steak on the other side, then this wouldn't happen. Rockstar, at the end of the day, is out to make money. The way they play us like violins is Marketing 101...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2013, 05:35 Rigs

There have been updates to the alpha since the tech demo was released and in the changelogs they state that they've worked on it not being so 'bouncy' or 'floaty'. So they're aware of it and are actively in the process of getting it to feel right. This is one of the first things people mention when they try the demo, so I would imagine it's foremost on their minds to get it correct. In the alpha, it doesn't seem as bad but they still need to make some more tweaks to get it feeling right, which I'm sure they will. This is complicated stuff and it's only very early in development, so they have some time yet to get it perfect...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2013, 18:58 Rigs

Yet another game I've been using for a while before being mentioned on here...anyway, yes it's very impressive, but it's still in the ALPHA stage, peeps! Please remember that! The physics are a little 'floaty' but they've been working on it. If you're using the tech-demo, that's a little bit older 'tech', so it's not really representative of the current state of the alpha. They have a lot planned and hopefully they'll have some support from the gaming community...This stuff is awesome!

=-Rigs-=

1714 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo