Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1724 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 19:46 Rigs

Yup, Gabe said it so now it must happen...

I mean, seriously, what's this guy know that we don't?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 19:44 Rigs

I really don't see what 'slot' (for lack of a better term) Firefall *ahem* falls into...I haven't played it so I don't know what the game is like but it seems that the MMO space has become over-saturated with games that just haven't lived up to potential and besides the ol' stand-by's (WoW, Runescape, Evercrack, Planetside, GW2, Eve) there's just no innovation going on. This looked to be a 'by-the-book' type of MMO that every suit with an idea comes up with thinking it'll light the industry on fire. IOW, STOP CHASING WOW!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
57. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 18:08 Rigs

Something told me that after the EU pre-load fuck up, *R was gonna drag their feet on letting it go even a second before midnight on the 17th. But as has been said, come the 18th, this will all be a moot point. I feel bad for those that opted to go digital. I considered it a couple weeks ago but then I was...nah, I want to go to one of the 'midnight launches' and see what all that is about. Plus I'll have the physical copy in my hands a few minutes after midnight and then I can shove it up my ass or play with it (or both) at my leisure!

6 hours to go!

EDIT: I just thought...maybe we should have 'coordinated un-boxing videos'? Like the official UNofficial Blues GTA5 un-boxing video marathon? (Yes, I'm bored! I got six hours to go and nothing to do!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 20:43 Rigs

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:40:
Simple solution: Don't store incriminating shit on devices with a bioreader.

Period.

Btw, Creston, where are you originally from?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 19:31 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 16:01:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:23:
Axis wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:24:
That's because a good portion of folks can't find jobs -- not because of any company turnaround.

It's terribad out there for a ton of people despite the media spin spin spin. Ask your recent graduates, your neighbors, etc -- get out once in while, turn off the spin, and find out for yourself.

Well since you're citing anecdotal evidence I will as well. Lately my facebook feed (I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of that as well) is full of people my age (27ish) getting decent paying jobs. Mostly in Michigan but also Colorado and Arizona seem to be hotspots for my friends too. I had a friend who was low level management at a warehouse who got let go in early 2012 and was out of a job until just a few weeks ago. He said that after more than a year of no offers he suddenly had multiple offers to choose from in August.

Once you get out of your 20s into 30s, and more especially 40s and 50s it gets way, way harder. There's rampant agism out there. You have 65k HB1s right now and they're looking to double that number for next year. Are you saying there's a shortage of almost 70k qualified IT workers in the US? Of course there isn't, not even remotely close. It's the same as happened to manufacturing with "free" trade.

Agreed. I'm sitting at 35 and my outlook for the next ten years gets dimmer as time goes on. On top of the fact that I haven't worked in damn near a decade (in an 'official' capacity, anyway) and almost half of my professional references are either dead or unreachable, it's very demoralizing. I have a friend in Michigan who's got tens of years in IT plus being the smartest person I know, bar none, and he can't get his foot in the door after four years of trying...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Duke Nukem Royalties Lawsuit Ends
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 21:24 Rigs

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 21:09:
It sounds like they thought the game made any more money than it actually did.

Fixed.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 17:33 Rigs

So...um, anyone wanna make any predictions about who will win The Chase? Square

=-Rigs-= Race

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 17:25 Rigs

So is there a Bluesnews group server that some of us can get together on yet? I've been holding out on Dayz myself, not for the standalone, but because the Zombie-apocalypse-type setting just didn't interest me...until now. Guess I just had to come around to it. I generally shun things that are 'mainstream' until well after the coolness factor has worn off a bit. Well, that and I've heard the horror stories of the idiots on there so given I get enough of that dealing with RealLife(tm), I'm more interested in playing with a group that's generally opposed to such antics...most of the time, anyway...(All bets are off when GTA5 comes out, though! )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > F1 2013 Monza Hotlap Trailer
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 12:42 Rigs

ventry wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 19:49:
Rigs wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 04:00:
ventry wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:50:
Project CARS is better.

Would you all stop fucking saying that, please?!

=-Rigs-=

No.
Please take your arrogant, self-enlightened, self-entitled, "think you know what's best for all" attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine.
K Thx.

Golfclap

I'll get right on that, sir, post-haste!

You call me arrogant, self-enlightened and self-entitled (I honestly don't think you know what those words mean, but whatever), yet you come into an F1 2013 thread to post your all-knowing opinion that, dammit, fuck F1, Project Cars is better!

Better for whom? Better for you, apparently. So, if it's better for you then it must be better for everyone, yes?! Since your opinion, much like my own, speaks for everyone else. So, yes, Project Cars is far superior and I'll be getting to that shoving it part as soon as possible... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2013, 12:50.

News Comments > Evening Previews
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 17:02 Rigs

He's not the only one, my friends...if you saw my FB, you'd understand. All my family and friends are counting down the days with me until I'll shut the hell up about it... *cue maniacal laughter and scary theme music as we fade out*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 16:58 Rigs

I've been using PSP8 since it came out but recently have been using X4 more often. As an aspiring (read 'Almost know what I'm doing') graphic artist and designer of many a paintjob sported on various stock cars in NASCAR sims and mods such as NR2003 (where I started), VHR (rFactor), and iRacing, to name a few, I find PSP essential. Photoshop is just too much for what I usually need to do, while at the same time, Paint.net and Gimp end up being either clunky to work with or too 'basic' for my needs...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 09:59 Rigs

moogleslam wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 08:56:
Well, I didn't say it, but pCARS is better, and I can say that, (and so can you) because you can easily play it if you want.

That's great but the point is that F1 and pCARS are two different racing sims and to say one is better than the other is misleading and irrelevant. Sim racers occupy a rather small (-ish) niche in the gaming world and most know what sims are out at any given time, especially ones of the caliber of F1 2013 and pCARS, so when one says 'this is better than that', you're pretty much preaching to the choir, and as such, annoying the hell out of those that are focusing their current attention on one certain sim...in this case, that being F1 2013. If I want to look for any other racing sims that might be 'better' (what does that even mean? Better graphically? Better handling? Better physics? What?!), I'll do so on my own initiative without the need for 'coaxing' in a particular direction. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying people aren't allowed to have an opinion or be able to express it, but there's a time and place, and this kind of comment, at this particular place, is not it...

Get my...ahem, drift?

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 04:00 Rigs

ventry wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:50:
Project CARS is better.

Would you all stop fucking saying that, please?! F1 2020 is better, also, but is it out? NO!

You remind me of the people that are always busting out, 'Better love story than Twilight!'...Two shoes on top of each other are a better love story than Twilight! Is it relevant? NO!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 10:40 Rigs

PCI-E bus speed is no longer set to x1 on the secondary GPU when running in CrossFire configurations

Err...so does this mean that this WHOLE time, all second (and third, fourth, etc.) cards that were in x16 or x8 slots were really just running at x1?! WTF, AMD?!?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Previews
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2013, 16:26 Rigs

WarThunder is SO much better than WoWarplanes! I've played both and always find myself in WarThunder and never in WoWP. I can't wait to see what they have planned for the ground and naval parts. When playing WarThunder, you can tell that the devs understand the game and love the history it represents. They're not out to grab your cash and then build the game, they're focused on the game - PERIOD. WoWP is a mess. I don't have high hopes for World of Warships either...all I can think is that it'll be World of Tanks on water...

GTA5...geezus, I'll be burnt out on this thing before I even freakin' PLAY IT! GIVE IT TO ME!!!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GRID 2 Demolition Derby Free DLC
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2013, 16:06 Rigs

The cockpit was modded into GRID2 almost as soon as it was released. In fact, it was fuckin' scary how fast they got it out there! But, yes, it's there. Have yee faith, thine modders will do what thine publisher will not...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2013, 15:58 Rigs

Am I the only one that feels like the PC hardware scene is stagnating somewhat? What I mean by that is, though we see some incremental gains (and nice ones at that), we're not seeing any revolutionary or game-changing hardware (no pun intended) coming out on a consistent basis. We went from Intel Core2 to the i3/5/7 and within those the first-gen, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and now, Haswell. ATI video cards, almost like clockwork when a new series is introduced. Hell even some older hardware is REBRANDED with a newer 'name' (number) to look new but it's not. Same for nVidia. Most PSU's are the same but with different brand names, same for motherboards. PC cases have become black boxes with windows and ample space to hide wires. Hard drives, aside from the SSD's just go up in capacity with no real jump in speed. RAM went from DDR to DDR2, DDR3 and soon DDR4 and besides cosmetic differences, the only real difference is speed.

And looking into the future, the only thing I see that could be a major change is the Oculus Rift. Hell, even the consoles have become utilitarian, black boxes with x86 cores. Both the Xbone and the PS4 look almost identical with nearly identical stats! How freaky is that? How disappointing is that?! I'm starting to lose my faith in PC hardware and it f'n scares me! Uneasy

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 14:31 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 12:15:
That's awesome and they have every right in the world to share with the world just how awesome this is and how awesome they are.

Alright man, settle down now, you're dangerously close to going over the awesomeness-overload line. I mean it's only Sunday and you've already used nearly all of your awesome quota for the week! Pace yourself...

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 12:15:
Of course this doesn't sit well with the usual Blue's News negativity crowd who are only interested in "shutting down" and "axed" kind of news. Oh well. Your loss..

I think that there's the mistaken impression that people need to be either all FOR the game or all AGAINST it. The arguments I've seen so far are either one extreme or the other, while a few stragglers are sitting on the fence. Like every other damn pointless VS. argument in geekdom, none of this really serves any purpose other than typing words and declaring our allegiances to either side. I can see that some people would have some worries as to whether money they put down on a project will actually turn out the way they wanted. I don't see why those arguing on the other side are questioning this motive. Funding a project on Kickstarter is not so much buying a product as investing in an idea. And if their investment doesn't go as planned then of course some people are going to have legitimate concerns and voice them accordingly. Just because you might not have the same concerns doesn't automatically invalidate theirs.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 10:11 Rigs

Every time I think about playing it, I watch Yahtzee's review and that satisfies my curiosity enough to forgo actually playing the damn thing...

Incidentally, that review, the E3 review and the Ride to Hell: Retribution review are the funniest frakin' things I've seen in a while and are always a good pick-me-up when I'm feeling lousy!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
53. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 09:19 Rigs

In our ongoing series where we look back at the first batch of Kickstarter-era mega-stars and how they actually turned out compared to what was proposed, we continue with Part 2 of our look at Star Citizen, Chris Robert's return to his beloved space combat genre. In Part 1 we discussed the very beginning, the dream Robert's had for the game and the outpouring of support during it's funding campaign that surprised many in the industry. We also began to touch on the goals Robert's and his team were trying to accomplish, the promises made and, ultimately, the promises that weren't kept...

Early in the development, after the Kickstarter campaign and relaunch of the website, during the dog-days of Summer 2013, Robert's and company released the 'Hangar Module' for those that had backed the program, along with a new cash store where backers could buy items and ships. The response was immediate and surprising.

Roberts: "We didn't think it (the store) would be perceived the way it was. That was very unfortunate."

Roberts was quick to explain the reasoning for the store to the public in order to deflect some of the backlash. In a short response on the game's forums, Roberts wrote, 'Hey guys - long story short, we hear you. The VD store ended up coming across pretty much exactly the opposite way we wanted. We're working out a plan right now to make this right and I will have more for you as soon as possible. ', then added, 'I promise the goal was not to beg for extra money, and hopefully we will be able to prove that!'

Only the problem was that they were, indeed, out to get extra funding, though they couldn't dare admit it at the time.

Roberts: "Yeah, that was something we had to keep very quiet about, given the amount of money that had already been acquired through various means (upwards of 17-million-dollars). I made a private promise to my 'other' investors that I would not say anything about who they were or how much they had dedicated to the project."

This rather insignificant misstep would have just been a quickly forgotten gaffe during the development of any other game, normally. However, the stakes being as high as they were for Star Citizen and the fact that the gamers themselves were intricately and actively involved in the development process, meant that this error in judgement started forming doubts in the mind of some of the most loyal supporters. While only a small and disorganized minority at first, it would only take another faulty public relations decision to blow the door of dissent wide open...

(HOME) - (PAGE 1) - (PAGE 2) - (PAGE 3) - (PAGE 4) - (BACK)

=-Rigs-=

1724 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo