Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1597 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 15:15 Rigs

Geezus, had I known you'd put it on the front page, Blue, I'd have told you about it weeks ago! This is kinda old news, my friend. I've been playing this thing for more than a month now. It's got quite a following, including community made Star Trek ships like a Connie and a Klingon D3, all for the taking at www.star-made.org.

If you're looking for something like Minecraft in space, people, THIS is the one! You can land on planets and build stations, including ships and it's heavily dev supported, along with a ton of community support. If you were on the fence with all the Minecraft 'me-toos', this is one to get. Yes, the whole 'blocks' thing is a bit tedious...if not ugly, but it's functional...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2013, 14:21 Rigs

I don't see a problem...nearly every Windows tablet is able to be wiped and then you can put on what you want. WindowsRT might be different, since it's an ARM setup, but I think Windows tablets are the equiv. of a Windows notebook only more versatile...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarter
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 14:30 Rigs

Sho wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 15:43:
Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:39:
It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

Eh, what the fuck? How is "putting up a page and pleading" not the most honest way to go when fighting to fund your game? They're exposing themselves right to the public eye, and as you can see from your own harsh comment, that's not necessarily a smooth ride.

As for the budget, $200k doesn't sound like a whole lot considering the scope of the game they're pitching in the video.

If you thought my previous comment was harsh, then you don't want to know my answer to that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 14:26 Rigs

Werd!

See, Mom, all that money for college didn't go to waste!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarter
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 13:39 Rigs

Man, aren't we conceited little fucks, yes? $200,000?! For a zombie game? When the indie world is pumping them out faster than you can puke from the sight of them all? No thanks. KS turns more into a venture capital company every day...

It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Bad Game Marathon
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2013, 19:19 Rigs

Some serious S&M motherfuckers right there, I tell you! Then again, I'd probably be burned at the stake for sacrilege and decried a heretic for saying I actually enjoyed A:CO...On the other hand, Superman64, not so much...

Incidentally, this brings up, IMO, the best and funniest ZP Yahtzee's ever done - http://youtu.be/pPk7gllRZm4

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 04:48 Rigs

Popcorn

When you all get done showing your geek pride, then maybe you can start on an argument that's more...modern? Of course I speak about the raging debate of which is better - Windows or OS/2?

BTW, Oni rocked, so Nahnah ...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 00:30 Rigs

Yeah, I was just looking at some of the screenies and going, 'Oleg being shot. Oleg's brother dying. Oleg's cousin being blown to pieces. Oleg's other cousin running to help Oleg. Oleg's twin picking up an SMG. Oleg's other brother...' You'd think they'd use more than one or two enemy NPC's since we have more than 4mb of RAM now...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2013, 23:09 Rigs

Jets were only an issue during my play (admittedly not a ton of time on it) when you had someone that was really frakin' good with them. I remember one match that seemingly lasted for ages and this one dude was in the jet flying around nearly the whole time. No one could touch him. I was so jealous ...I think he died like twice in a 45-min match. I was usually blasted out of the sky within minutes whenever I ventured into the cockpit...'course I'm more of a sniper-type, anyway... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fist Puncher
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 02:47 Rigs

Trainwreck wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 08:03:
Teddy wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 22:32:
Title is on par with "War Fighter"

Except one was trying to be serious.

"Warfighter" or "war fighter" is a serious buzzword used very often by the DOD and defense contractors. There is nothing odd or silly about its use as a game title; the game just happened to suck, is all.

*ahem*...I'll just leave this here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNN1D-FCjs

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gunpoint Sales Figures
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2013, 21:07 Rigs

Good to see it! Indie's and lonewolf devs are the life blood of this industry and it's good to see that it continues to thrive!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2013, 14:08 Rigs

For someone that is almost completely 'SINGLE-PLAYER' -centric, I rather enjoy BF3 online. The single-player campaign was really good too. It didn't just feel 'tacked on'. I almost put out for 'Premium' but I don't play MP that much to justify it. Though having some of the DLC would be pretty cool, especially for the ultra low price of 'free'. All that having been said, I can't see why DICE and EA can't setup the BF games to be like their predecessors and have bots along with the multi? I mean, is it really that hard? You have a single-player campaign with AI already, how difficult would it be to add the same options as BFs' 1, 2 and Vietnam? Perhaps that would push it a dollar over margin? I mean, we are talking about EA, here, yes?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2013, 23:07 Rigs

Gearbox Software, meanwhile, experienced damage to its credibility and loss of its money.

Rubeyes ... Inquisitive ... Crazy ... Giggle ... Laugh2 ... Rotfl ... Hahaha_no

Listed in order in which they were perceived...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NASCAR The Game 2013 Announced
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2013, 08:47 Rigs

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 07:47:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:14:
I get F1 and Rally racing, but will never for the life of me understand the draw of NASCAR.

Close racing.

Yup, I remember that race! I also remember Craven's huge, death-defying wreck at Tally all those years ago where he flipped up and over 4 cars, crashed into the catch fence and then back down over 4 more cars and into the infield without hardly touching anyone! And there was nothing left of that car afterward. NASCAR racing is just something, I guess, you have to have a thing for. I watch Indy and F1 but I'd gladly watch a NASCAR cup race over either. When I'm racing in IRacing, it takes constant concentration and it isn't easy! Just because you go 'left' doesn't mean it's a walk in the park. You have to hit your marks, just like Indy oval racing, and you don't have nearly the amount of downforce to stick you to the track as F1 and Indy cars do, which makes it more challenging as well. The 'left turn' comments don't bother me, it just tells me that either A: They've never really sat and watched a whole race all the way through and given it a chance or B: Are just being ignorant...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > MotoGP 13 Demo
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2013, 13:30 Rigs

Demo? What is this 'demo' thing you speak of? Sounds like sacrilege to me! TO THE INQUISITION!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crysis 3: Lost Island Found
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 23:33 Rigs

I was big on Crysis3 though I never finished either 1 or 2 (that's a famous failing of mine, being a self-professed hardcore gamer, I almost never finish the games I play...having said that, I managed to finish 3 games this year so far, so maybe I'm getting better at it ). Once I got it, however and saw how badly it scaled on my aging HD5770, having to put most things on 'LOW' was a major disappointment for me, I put it aside for a while. Just last month I picked up an XFX HD7850 on sale and so first, I tried to play some Crysis3. While it ran much better (still not at the highest levels - no, you'd need a fuckin' CRAY for that, apparently), I got about half-way through (I think, *MINOR SPOILER* when Psycho finds out his 'girlfriend' was the one that 'skinned' him) and it crashed to desktop, just like that. No error, nothing, I was watching and then the next second I was staring at my desktop. So I said 'Fuck it!' and I haven't played it since...

So...yeah.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Announced
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 19:36 Rigs

Sorry, Quboid, misread your post. Don't mind me, when I post on here, I'm typically not awake and coherent enough...kinda like everyone else!

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 19:05 Rigs

If I was joking, you'd know it. I wasn't. Have you played Crusader? You said you played the second one, how about the first? You're basing your opinion on something contrary to what I was talking about (the first game, in particular). If that wasn't clear in my post, my apologies. I meant the first game in the series.

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 14:44 Rigs

Yeah, unless they somehow turn everything back to the way it used to be, which is seriously doubtful, this isn't going to work. And since they're calling it a sequel to the worst one in the series, I'm thinking that's not their plan. I mean, why does every game now have to be about the twitch mentality? Everything is now, now, now. Aside from nearly everything Paradox and MATRIX puts out (which are hardcore for the most part), everything has turned into more of a 'I don't want to wait, show me now' kind of thing. It sucks. I was reading some of the OLD issues of CGW yesterday (think early-90's, DOS-era, before Win95) and there are so many games that made you actually put TIME and EFFORT into using them.It wasn't instant gratification...and I think gaming has lost that and Crusader, as it is right now, is a perfect example...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2013, 12:04 Rigs

Well...ugh. It's...okay. I don't mind the action but it feels like this type of game hasn't 'evolved' in 20 years and some of the clunky graphics just make it feel like an old game with a new coat of paint. I mean, it's fun for what it is...I guess. If you can get over all the 'Fuck yeah!' macho bullshit. I have expect them to come out with 'I'm gonna stick a boot up yer ass for fuckin' with 'Merica! Fuck YEAH!' *explosions*

Like I said...ugh.

=-Rigs-=

1597 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo