Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1731 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 21:36 Rigs

Maybe he chose the Giants this week and is on his way down to proudly sit with me in hopeful defiance of all common sense on the SS Gigantic Titanic? Or maybe I'm just becoming delusional from lack of oxygen (not to mention sunlight)...

All joking aside, I can understand exactly what Blue is enduring right now, not just with the immediate illness and uncertainty but with the looming inevitable, heart-wrenching future. It's always great to get a new puppy or kitten and you don't really think about what's going to happen years down the line because you're so occupied with getting them through those frantic early years. We have a brown poodle/lhasa apso-mix named 'Snickers' who we got roughly six months before my daughter was born. She'll be 16 in little over a month!

So that makes Snickers 16 and a half already. He's almost completely blind and nearly totally deaf. In fact, while before it seemed some days he could see better than others, the last week or so it's as if his sight has been completely lost as he bumps into everything now and has to be guided while outside else he'll wonder off. He still has a pretty good sense of smell, but it doesn't have a long range apparently. Unless it's right in front of him, he doesn't know it exists. In addition we've been trying to get him free of worms for months but nothing we do seems to help and as such he's pretty much skin and bones, even though he eats fine and drinks water by the gallon. He has to wear a diaper at all times as he's lost a lot of control of his bladder. In spite of all of this, though, you would be shocked to see how energetic and spunky this dog is! He doesn't leave my Mom's side and when she walks off, his nose is to the ground and he doesn't stop until he finds her. If she goes out and he can't find her after about 20 minutes, he starts howling LOUDLY until she comes back home. And when she does get back, he jumps and runs around as if he were a puppy again! I truly don't know what's keeping him going but he is, nevertheless. Some days are obviously better than others, and there have been times when we thought that he might not be 'here' when we got up the next morning. But he is, bright and early at 7am, jumping on my Mom's bed to get her up. I have no idea how he knows what time it is either but he does. As much as that dog drives me absolutely crazy, I have to admit he surprises me all the time with his will to keep going...

It sounds like Hudson is in the same category! Best of luck, Blue! I know these times aren't easy, by any means, but there are people here that totally understand what you're dealing with...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 23:40.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 21:28 Rigs

I might be venturing onto online for the first time this weekend, if I have some time. So, if you happen to catch me (under Lumarra), maybe help me learn the ropes? I'm sorta a little intimidated going online, to be honest. I had originally told myself I'd wait until I was finished with the single-player but now I'm a little anxious to see the online side too. Though, I have to find a decent mic as I don't have one at the moment...I did..*grumble*...just have to make do without for the time being...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

News Comments > DTM Experience Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 21:14 Rigs

Drool

Need...to...hook...up...wheel...can't...stop...playing...GTA5...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 10:44 Rigs

God, I can't wait until GTA5 gets on the PC! I mean, I'm still playing the living hell out of it on PS3 but being on PC will be so much better, in regards to textures, speed/frame rate, pop-in, resolution and mod support. I just wish *R would say SOMETHING! Anything, please!

Anyway, looking at that post, I noticed this too...

<application Title="Watch Dogs Demo" File="DuniaDemoLaunch_PC_r64.exe">
<use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>

So, I assume they're going to release a demo along with the game itself? I wonder when? There's also a 'Need For Speed Sequel' entry in there, so obviously the GTA5 and Watchdogs info must be recent and solid as they would have just put in generic info otherwise. At least, that's how I see it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Terra Ex Kickstarter
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 15:50 Rigs

*lots of PR-speak about how scientific and authentic the game experience will be*

then..."The game begins when Earth collides with Mars."

Uhhh...alrighty then...check, please!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 03:38 Rigs

I, honest to GOD, can not see the difference between 3 and 4! I mean, I didn't play the beta, so maybe there are obvious things, but in all the streams and vids, I didn't see anything that told me, right off the bat, that this was BF4...am I crazy? (or just stupid?)

Wait! Don't answer that... (I actually asked the internet if I'm stupid...yeah, like they're going to give that chance up... )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 22:25 Rigs

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:22:
BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!

If you're referring to the whole Fallen Enchantress debacle, then I can say that most of those that play GC2 didn't bother with it. It's a strat game, sure, but most GC2 players are 4x freaks. And the support Stardock gave for GC2 during it's run, including the mod community, more than makes up for any mess they had with another game from another genre...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 22:20 Rigs

I went 10-5 this week, my best so far...though I still sit here on the bottom of the ocean, ALONE, on the SS Giant Titanic...I won't abandon them, I'll just cry that much more when they lose again...geezus 0-6! Have the Giants ever started a season that bad before? Blows my ever-loving mind...

As for the loading issues on the PS3, I haven't had any problems with the texture pop-in other than a few times, mainly with the gas stations that you can't enter (the ones with just a texture for the front). Sometimes it will take until I start pulling away from it again to pop in. During the first heist and you drive through that big tunnel, I had some objects pop-in that I ran into which pissed me off but it wasn't something that broke the mission or made me lose. And a second run through (just to check) didn't have the problem again. Now, when you change characters and fly up and then back down, when they show your 'new' character, his surroundings take a few seconds to pop-in, which is a little weird, but it's only a short time and it's done. It might be just because it's the download version that you're having the troubles. You'd think that having everything installed on the hard drive would make it load faster, but for some reason it seems GTA5 is geared and optimized to load from the disc faster than on the hard drive. Hence the reason why they tell you not to install the second disc to the x360 hard drive. Kind of the opposite of what you would think would be the case... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 21:07 Rigs

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 19:37:
Also with that road record they are charging $100????? Wow they must think they are better than Blizzard.

Dude, not like it's hoarse armoar...

If you don't want to pay $100, then don't. Those of us that absolutely LOVE the series will as a sign to Stardock that, yes, we want more, please! Simple as that...

=-Rigs-=

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 19:34 Rigs

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:19:
Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 12:32:
GALCIV III! FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCKEYS FCKYEYSSYSYEYEYEESSSSSS

I agree with this man.

+3!

OMG! OMG! OMG! I've been plaing GC2 since it's launch! Seriously, it's NEVER come off my hard drive! Or more realistically, it's one of the first games to be PUT on my hard drive when I re-install/re-build! I was just playing it yesterday, for Geezus sake! And now a number 3?!? YES! YES! YES!

Just PLEASE DON'T FUCK IT UP, STARDOCK! NO SOTS2 AGAIN!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > AR/VR Headset Kickstarter
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 23:42 Rigs

This is actually pretty cool...just think for a second...you put on a headset and all of a sudden, your computer desk becomes a battlefield! Tanks from the 'Inbox Valley' move forward on their way to crushing the forces of the despot who control's the evil 'Notebook Fortress' on the other side of the 'Office Desk Plateau'! And everyone else that puts on a headset sees the same thing, only from their personal persepective...like an eye in the sky as a FARC (forward air control) unit, giving firing orders to the tanks...Or, maybe a shoot out inside your own house?! Like maybe a real-ish GTA? Man, that would rock! One step down from an actual holodeck!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2013, 03:04 Rigs

I'm still trying to sell my PS3! I must have the worst salesman skills in the fuckin' galaxy cause I've lowered the price twice and even said I'd eat the shipping cost for one guy in Oregon (or Washington or wherever-the-BumFuckEgypt he lived) and still no dice! Thankfully, GTA5 has taken some of the sting out but I still want to grab a 360, if only to play Forza and REACH. I actually prefer Forza to GT5. It's more on the 'arcade' side and being a self-professed hardcore sim-racer, I usually shun that (with a passion) but for some reason Forza is seriously fun to play! I've considered getting the NFS SHIFT series on the PS3 (or the 360 if I ever sell this damn thing!) as the PC versions were fun also. Sometimes you want strict simulation and other times you just want to sit and Race without having to spend an hour getting your car setup for qualifying...and then another hour for the race itself...ah, good times, good times...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > SOMA Revealed; Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2013, 02:17 Rigs

SOMA?! I'm already feeling sleepy...ZZZZzzzzz Snore

Well, you knew someone was gonna say it sooner or later!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Space Rangers HD Next Week
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2013, 05:50 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 14:11:
Played Space Rangers 2 and hated it. It fits in this weird niche that I can't stand. It feels like Sid Meier's pirates.

Yeah, I got it at the original release and just didn't know what to make of it...Is it a 4x, an RTS, a turn-based strategy, an RPG...WHAT?! I played it for a while but the blending of all these different (and seemingly unmixable) genres kinda left me cold and confused...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 20:37 Rigs

Hey, maybe they can finally get those bonuses now!

*crickets*

What?! Too soon?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 19:16 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:53:

Also no love for Earth 2150?

Blech! 2150 must have been one of the ugliest RTS's I've ever seen! Now 2160 wasn't too bad, I actually bought that one. Apparently, though, it's somewhat different from it's older siblings. I never really had any interest in playing the other Earth-series games because looking at them for any length of time caused my eyes to bleed...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 12:50 Rigs

Wish I had played TA when it was out all those years ago. I completely shunned the genre when it was big and bad and everyone wanted a piece of the action. After everyone found out that RTS games weren't the Holy Grail and you couldn't shoehorn every design to be an RTS (though the RTS/FPS mashups were fun if they managed to get it right, like Battlezone2 and Hostile Waters), I started playing games in the genre. But I never really got to TA before it became a relic and then shortly after SC came out and I was playing that...so...yeah...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Elite Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 12:41 Rigs

Ugh...basically if you loved the original UT and Quake3, then this is your game, otherwise stay away...far away...Team play? Yeah, if you can get your 'team' to shut up for two seconds and not have them curse you out in the same amount of time....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Squads Trailer
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2013, 00:33 Rigs

I'm going to go all stupid on you guys for a second, but beyond the obvious fanboy appeal (disclaimer, 'Hi, my name is Michael Rigs and I'm a Halo fanboy...') why the hell do they keep pumping these things out, from two different developers, no less?!? The engine is ancient and decrepit, the mechanics are decrepit, there's no 'innovation' beyond the obvious (oh look, a dog...can I name him 'Chop'? ) and yet they sell a billion with every release...why?! Why can Activision get away with NOT innovating, not updating it's engine and mechanics every few years, not trying something different every few years...I mean this just feels like BO2 and MW3 combined into one big mess. It's not like *R uses the same engin...errr...ok, bad example...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2013, 09:29 Rigs

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 08:50:
I have an unopened copy of Daikatana, signed by Romero. Was thinking of seeing if it was worth anything to sell on ebay.

How about an un-opened copy of Big Rigs Over The Road Racing in trade?

=-Rigs-=

1731 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo