Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1676 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 15:23 Rigs

I'm not really aware of the prior history of the devs (aside from the comments just made here, which make me think it wasn't very good) but what bothers me about this industry is that 'labors of love' and projects that devs (and players) really want to be made - don't, but we get crap shoveled in from every direction from publishers that couldn't care less about the product they're sending out (like the recent horror, Ride to Hell: Retribution) On top of that we lose some projects dear to our hearts from heavy handed decisions and idiot middle-men (Babylon5: Into The Fire...YES, yes, I know it's been over a decade but c'mon, it still HURTS!). I'm reminded by that age-old saying, 'Wish for it enough and it'll come true'. I find the person that originally said that and I'm gonna punch them right in the face! Get my hopes up, asshole!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2013, 22:52 Rigs

Absolutely pathetic!

And you call yourselves Giants fans! Hmph! Real fans go down with the ship!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

News Comments > Free R.U.S.E. With Air Conflicts: Vietnam Preorders
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2013, 13:33 Rigs

The other titles have been pretty good and you can see the progression from the first they released to the latest that they've steadily gotten better at it, adding more 'polish' to the recent games. The screens released look really good, too. Though since the Vietnam-era has been so heavily mined lately that it might be hard for them to stand out in the crowd... (yes, I'm being serious...-ly sarcastic)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 00:31 Rigs

Ok, so I finally got to sit and actually PLAY the damn game I got an hour after release (I fell asleep before being able to install it and then haven't had a chance since...for some reason just knowing I had it was enough to satisfy my cravings to play it until I had enough time to actually devote to it...and that's not the first time that's happened)...So after setting it to install and then walking away to do anything else for 20 minutes (why does it take so frakin' long to install things to a PS3 when the same amount on a PC would take 5 mins max?...Oh! Right! 8 year old hardware - got it! ) I came back to sit and stare at it saying 'Story Mode Loading' for another 5 minutes. Okay...

And then! The first prologue mission! Pretty kick-ass, wasn't expecting action right from the get-go but I'll take it (I was expecting GTA4's 'Daddy's Back, You Bitches!'-type of intro again but whatever)...and then the intro credits with some pretty noticeable pop-in at spots. Not to mention a serious case of jaggies(tm)! Wow! I am SO not used to playing on the PS3! I didn't think I'd notice it but damn...I guess my HD7850 is spoiling me more than I thought, eh? To be fair, I'm playing ON my PC's LCD because that's the only working HD display in the house at the moment. Our 57-inch 1080p HDTV has a case of 'don't wanna fucking work'. So, on a 22-inch PC monitor, the games graphics are front and center and any 'imperfections' are very noticeable. Case-in-point, the 'therapist' that Michael sees. In the trailer, he looked pretty good (Michael too) but here his eyes have that 'GTA4' bug-eyed look to them. Like they're one step away from glitching out and giving me nightmares for years (similar to what FIFA13 owners are going through now with the physics/graphics glitches). I can definitely see the GTA4 'Rage' engine at work here where-as it was very keenly hidden in the trailers and screenshots. I kinda hate it when they do that. I was under the impression that *R had significantly upgraded the engine and while it does look a lot better (not the brown mess that GTA4 was), it's character models seemingly haven't been worked over like the rest of the engine.

On to car handling. I know there's some debate over whether it's better than GTA4 or worse. In the little bit that I've driven, I'd say the handling has become...simpler. I actually liked the feel of the cars in GTA4. I wasn't crazy about the fact that they couldn't turn worth a shit, but the rest of it, I felt, was pretty spot on and felt 'real'. Here, as has been said before, the cars now turn and pivot via one point in the middle of the car and it's very noticeable, at least to me. The cars don't 'feel' like they're attached to the ground the same way as GTA4. In 4, they felt like they had four wheels and tires and each one gripped the road and you felt it. Here in 5, you feel like you have one wheel - in the middle. I have to play with it more to really figure it out but those are my initial observations.

Now that's I've come up for some air, I'm ready to dive back in and see what I can find. I'm lovin' it so far, despite the little things that I've noticed. It's not enough to tear me out of the game...not by a long shot...

=-Rigs-=

36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 22:06 Rigs

*looks at Giants score and cringes*

*quickly stuffs Giants hat under pillow*

Didn't you guys say I would have fun doing this picking thing? So far the only thing it's given me is indigestion...

5 out of 14, btw...did anyone have a good weekend?

-=Rigs-=

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 13:10 Rigs

Yeah, I was of two opinions reading that myself...half of me was, 'Good for SOE! 'Bout time someone stood up and showed those griefing assholes that they're a known quantity and being watched very carefully' but the other half was screaming, 'How fuckin' DARE THEY! They're not social police! They don't tell ME what I can and can't say/do/think! If I wanna be a little bitch on Twitter, then that's MY choice and if it pisses people the fuck off, then I suffer by not having any friends! They don't have the right...' and so on and so forth...

So...yeah... *shrugs shoulders* ...this is gonna generate a lot of nerd self-entitled angst rage no matter what. Best to just sit back and watch Popcorn and keep my mouth shut! Lipsrsealed (Of course, the duct tape makes it hard to eat the popcorn! )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 16:25 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 16:11:
Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 16:06:
Screw the counselor -
Wait. Isn't that the point? =p

I never understood how Troi could've gone back to Riker after being with Worf? I guess the ol' adage, 'Once you go Black...' doesn't work for Klingons?

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:13:
Not you, you're my engineer! Slimram will be the janitor!

Oh, well, that changes everything, then! *grabs a hydrospanner* Stay out of the damn asteroid fields and we'll get along just fine...

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 14:03 Rigs

Sent this one in to Blue but I'll post it here too in case it gets lost in the ether...

HIS Makes Mistake and Posts AMD R-200 Series Graphic Cards SKUs

HIS has let the cat is out of the bag, AMD is on the verge of releasing new video cards. The AMD R-200 Series codenamed ‘Volcanic Islands’ is a mix of refreshed Southern Islands cards and a number of cards that use the new Hawaii GPU that uses a new architecture. AMD is also changing the naming scheme on their video cards, so say sayonara to the Radeon HD series.

• HIS R9 280X iPower IceQ X˛ Boost Clock 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I/HDMI/2xMini DP

• HIS R7 250 iCooler 2GB DDR3 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• HIS R7 250 iCooler 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• HIS R7 250 IceQ 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• HIS R7 240 iCooler 2GB DDR3 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• HIS R7 240 IceQ 2GB DDR3 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• HIS R7 240 iCooler 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI/SLDVI-D/VGA

• =-Rigs-=

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 13:54 Rigs

Got mine last night about 1am at the WalMart around the corner. Was expecting some people, maybe a line and having to wait and....there was one car in the parking lot. Well, so much for that! Walked all the way to the back and the dude at the cell phone counter doing stock yelled just before I disappeared behind the racks, 'You after Grand Theft Auto?'...and I looked around then was like, 'uh, yeah, how'd you know?'...'Front register...nearly everyone I've seen head that way has been looking for it'. So walk all the way back to the front and up to the only register open (still seeing but one person in the whole store that wasn't an employee) and when the girl looked at me, I said 'GTA5?' and she leans down on her elbows on the counter and says, really quiet-like, 'PS3 or 360?'. So I responded quietly, 'uh, PS3'. She stands back straight, looks around and then grabs a copy from a box on the floor behind the register, real quick scans it and wraps it in the bag and hands it to me like it's on fire. I paid and leave without another word. Walking out I felt like I'd just done a drug deal...and then I remembered, 'Shit, forgot the milk and Dew!'...

http://i.imgur.com/038gwvA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jqukIqP.jpg

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2013, 14:27.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 13:38 Rigs

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 13:34:
    SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 12:35:
    Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:57:
    SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:36:
    well, when the new stretch goal is to become Space Station janitor, I'm all in. I figure I might as well excel at something I'm good at , & I can plunge a toilet like no other.

hey, a guy can dream!

Soon they'll have a "Plunger Deluxe 3000ATS Turbo" for sale in their store for only $99. It will plunge toilets 30% faster!

Hehe, I could be like the old janitor guy that has the lowly job but always seems to have the inside scoop on where to buy and sell your goods. perhaps a word of advice for the newbies that come on board the station and helpful ear for those that need someone to listen to their troubles.

And then of course, go back to plunging toilets with my "Plunger Deluxe 3000ATS Turbo" oh, this game is going to be glorious!

How fun would it be if other players could come into your space station, and just totally fucking RUIN one of your toilets? I've just come out of a five week deep space journey, eaten nothing but QuickFix meal packets, and just go to town on that toilet for an hour. Then I come out of the stall, make eye contact with you as you're standing there with your plunger and this defeated, hopeless look on your face, and I mumble some vague sounding apology while tossing you a 10 credit tip before sauntering back towards the docking port where my shuttle is docked to take me back to my battle cruiser?

TELL ME THAT THIS WOULDN'T BE AWESOME!!!

It wouldn't be awesome if I'm the fuckin' janitor!

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 12:04 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:29:
    Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:25:
    Salvage mechanic sounds pretty cool, but how would that work in their MMO-ish universe? First guy to get there gets money, everyone else starves to death?

Eve Online does it pretty well. Except that it's mind numbingly boring and slow.

And yet, not only does it still exist but people devote their entire gaming lives to it! Whoever said Everquest was crack obviously never played EVE (well, duh!)...

I'm seriously starting to wonder if he can really pull off everything he's claiming? God, what a game that would be but something tells me (um...little thing called REALITY) that this isn't going to turn out well. Every damn dev that ever made promises as lofty as this have FAILED, each and every one. Daikatana, Duke Forever, Hellgate, Battlecruiser3000 (I didn't say HIS name!), even the original Outpost (remember that one?), A:CM, hell, even Freelancer to a certain extent, Ascendency (a little after Outpost), ST: Starfleet and Klingon Academy (god, it kills me to say that!)...anything Peter Molyneux touches (GASP!)...

*sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    67. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 20:13 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:38:
    And nin and Bats and those waiting for this, why don't you just goto a midnight launch instead?

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:47:
    Didn't really feel like it. I only paid tax from R* Warehouse, and shipping was free.

I did contemplate it, though...one of the places close to me that is doing a midnight opening had a shooting there in the last year or so (two people killed). Generally, I don't like to go out at late at night unless it's w/ others, for safety reasons.

IS THIS THING ON?!? Plug Singer

Rigs wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:08:
    ...nah, I want to go to one of the 'midnight launches' and see what all that is about. Plus I'll have the physical copy in my hands a few minutes after midnight and then I can shove it up my ass or play with it (or both) at my leisure!

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
    2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 19:46 Rigs

Yup, Gabe said it so now it must happen...

I mean, seriously, what's this guy know that we don't?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
    1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 19:44 Rigs

I really don't see what 'slot' (for lack of a better term) Firefall *ahem* falls into...I haven't played it so I don't know what the game is like but it seems that the MMO space has become over-saturated with games that just haven't lived up to potential and besides the ol' stand-by's (WoW, Runescape, Evercrack, Planetside, GW2, Eve) there's just no innovation going on. This looked to be a 'by-the-book' type of MMO that every suit with an idea comes up with thinking it'll light the industry on fire. IOW, STOP CHASING WOW!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    57. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 18:08 Rigs

Something told me that after the EU pre-load fuck up, *R was gonna drag their feet on letting it go even a second before midnight on the 17th. But as has been said, come the 18th, this will all be a moot point. I feel bad for those that opted to go digital. I considered it a couple weeks ago but then I was...nah, I want to go to one of the 'midnight launches' and see what all that is about. Plus I'll have the physical copy in my hands a few minutes after midnight and then I can shove it up my ass or play with it (or both) at my leisure!

6 hours to go!

EDIT: I just thought...maybe we should have 'coordinated un-boxing videos'? Like the official UNofficial Blues GTA5 un-boxing video marathon? (Yes, I'm bored! I got six hours to go and nothing to do!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
    5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 20:43 Rigs

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:40:
    Simple solution: Don't store incriminating shit on devices with a bioreader.

Period.

Btw, Creston, where are you originally from?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
    11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 19:31 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 16:01:
    Sepharo wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:23:
    Axis wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:24:
    That's because a good portion of folks can't find jobs -- not because of any company turnaround.

It's terribad out there for a ton of people despite the media spin spin spin. Ask your recent graduates, your neighbors, etc -- get out once in while, turn off the spin, and find out for yourself.

Well since you're citing anecdotal evidence I will as well. Lately my facebook feed (I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of that as well) is full of people my age (27ish) getting decent paying jobs. Mostly in Michigan but also Colorado and Arizona seem to be hotspots for my friends too. I had a friend who was low level management at a warehouse who got let go in early 2012 and was out of a job until just a few weeks ago. He said that after more than a year of no offers he suddenly had multiple offers to choose from in August.

Once you get out of your 20s into 30s, and more especially 40s and 50s it gets way, way harder. There's rampant agism out there. You have 65k HB1s right now and they're looking to double that number for next year. Are you saying there's a shortage of almost 70k qualified IT workers in the US? Of course there isn't, not even remotely close. It's the same as happened to manufacturing with "free" trade.

Agreed. I'm sitting at 35 and my outlook for the next ten years gets dimmer as time goes on. On top of the fact that I haven't worked in damn near a decade (in an 'official' capacity, anyway) and almost half of my professional references are either dead or unreachable, it's very demoralizing. I have a friend in Michigan who's got tens of years in IT plus being the smartest person I know, bar none, and he can't get his foot in the door after four years of trying...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Duke Nukem Royalties Lawsuit Ends
    2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 21:24 Rigs

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 21:09:
    It sounds like they thought the game made any more money than it actually did.

Fixed.

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 17:33 Rigs

So...um, anyone wanna make any predictions about who will win The Chase? Square

=-Rigs-= Race

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
    6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 17:25 Rigs

So is there a Bluesnews group server that some of us can get together on yet? I've been holding out on Dayz myself, not for the standalone, but because the Zombie-apocalypse-type setting just didn't interest me...until now. Guess I just had to come around to it. I generally shun things that are 'mainstream' until well after the coolness factor has worn off a bit. Well, that and I've heard the horror stories of the idiots on there so given I get enough of that dealing with RealLife(tm), I'm more interested in playing with a group that's generally opposed to such antics...most of the time, anyway...(All bets are off when GTA5 comes out, though! )

=-Rigs-=

1676 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 13.
    < Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo