Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1748 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings over Flanders Fields
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 06:11 Rigs

This was originally a major mod for CFS3, the new version only needs to check that you have the cd's (or really a cd key) so it can acknowledge those always important copyrights to Microsoft and then tells it to fuck off. Basically so they can use parts of the engine that still belong to MS. It was a very substantial mod but I think it coming out now, so long after CSF3 has been forgotten can either be seen as impressive or fashionably late or clueless, depending on your point of view. Given that there are still modders for the old MICROPROSE sim European Air War(!), this doesn't look so out of place. I understand that doing something like this is a great time consuming effort, but unfortunately for them, Rise of Flight and the MMO's World of Warplanes and WarThunder (which both feature WW1 aircraft) have come out in the meantime. RoF especially is a graphical treat. Still, what they've managed to wrangle out of this 10 year old engine is impressive, definitely a labor of love...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
53. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 18, 2013, 03:54 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:17:
Why all the bitching? We are now getting SOMETHING from Disney that Lucasarts couldn't/wouldn't do in over 10+ years?

This is what you want?!? This pitiful wannabe...SHIT?! LOOK at the video again! The TIEs, they have red rocket exhaust! WT everloving F?! At NO time, in any simulator I've ever played did the TIEs have ANY kind of exhaust, colored or no! At 0:30 in, the X-Wing blasts the TIE with one shot and then proceeds to do a barrel roll that, all things considered, should have turned him inside-out! Maybe that's why the TIE that was NEXT TO the one he just effortlessly blasted mere seconds ago is able to wreck his ass with two shots MAX! Who knows, maybe he did resemble a tipped-over cherry pie in his cockpit seat...would explain why we hear, '...can't shake him', when he doesn't do any 'shaking' to begin with!

Again, YOU want this? In that case, YOU'RE part of the problem! Bat

GET HIM!!!

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

News Comments > Overgrowth Early Access
2. Re: Overgrowth Early Access Dec 18, 2013, 03:31 Rigs

Indeed, if this was a framework available for other designers or a tool, it would be awesome, but as a game, it leaves a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong, the tech in mighty impressive but there's not really a 'game' here. Kinda like that soft-body physics car sim that came out a few months ago NG Drive. Impressive tech, no game. Why they put this on Early Release when there's really nothing actually there but a sandbox to fool with until you get bored...I dunno...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
19. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 18, 2013, 02:10 Rigs

Denthor wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:11:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 21:33:
If you want to monetize it, get permission. It's pretty simple. No one's saying you can't engage in Fair Use otherwise.

How do you do that for a review of a movie/game/lets play etc?

Get permission from the publishers to review their game? What if it is a scathing review? All the power is on the publishers side which is open to abuse.

First off, watch this for the process that most of the bigger channels go through to get permission to look at a game. A lot of devs and publishers will send them STEAM keys (whether it be for a review, commentary, Let's Play, whatever)...

(I've been doing this ALL day, actually, and I've learned much in the last 24 hours about a lot of legal CRAP that makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER!

Next...Cutter, man, I respect your opinion but this time you're pretty much chewing shoe because you're totally WRONG about what's happening...again, I've been talking about this ALL damn day...watch this...
....and this....and this...and some of this too...

And if you don't want to bother putz'n around with them, at least watch THIS!

They explain it much better than I could. My brain is about to give out, it can't handle all this crap stuffed into it in one day! Ugh...

=-Rigs-=

25. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:38 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 14:29:
Episode IV

A NEW HOPE

It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships indie developers, striking
from a hidden base their basements, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire game corporations.

During the battle, Rebel indie
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's Corporations'
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR
FREE TO PLAY MODEL, an armored space
station
a revenue generator with enough power
to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's Corporations'
sinister agents accountants, Princess
Leia
Tim Schafer races home aboard her
starship
uh, his Snuggle truck?, custodian of the
stolen plans that can save her again, his
people and restore
freedom to the galaxy gamers....

Better...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 13:49 Rigs

Fuck me! Is it asking too much to get a semi-hi-fidelity space-combat sim set in the Star Wars universe around here?!? You know, back in the day, when the PC sim audience was about a TENTH of what it is now, try to guess what LucasArts was pushing out every year or so? Yup, that's right, a serious SPACE-COMBAT SIM set in the Star Wars universe and you wanna know somethin' else? IT FUCKING RULED! Literally! It was PC GAMER'S BEST PC GAME OF ALL TIME! Now, in Twenty-aught-thirteen, with PC's hundreds even thousands of times more powerful...this...THIS is what we get?! I'M NOT BUYING IT! I'M NOT PLAYING IT EITHER!

This is a straight analog to how Lucas was forced to make the original trilogy with the funding and technology of the day, which put serious limitations on what he could do, thus giving him a challenge that he had to overcome in order to be successful. The second trilogy is proof that when those limitations are removed, when the challenge is no longer there, the passion is lost. THIS...*points finger in disgust* whatever it is...is also proof that when you have no limitations on computing power or budget (since it's Disney holding the checkbook), the challenge to make a good game within a limited space and amount of resources is gone, and thus with it, the passion to make things the way they should be...THE WAY TRUE STAR WARS SPACE COMBAT SIM FANS WANT THEM TO BE!

THIS HAS TO STOP! Stop making garbage for a quick buck and actually find a developer that will pour it's heart and soul into a game that is worthy of the lineage...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2013, 23:04 Rigs

Easy there, Creston,, I think I'd rather have Heists that actually WORK and are FUN to play than just having them for the sake of having them...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 15:14 Rigs

I don't know what the big deal is...Triple-A games in development typically cost in the tens of millions to produce. Granted this is money that is usually provided by a publisher instead of the public, but still, it's not like Robert's is sitting on a throne of gold and cash, occasionally taking a dip Scrooge McDuck-style...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 17:29 Rigs

Gonna leave this here in case anyone missed it when I posted it in the ITB...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4jofI_rKY#t=112

Really something you guys should see if you haven't already....

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 17:25 Rigs

I did rather well last week, 10-6, but the week before was atrocious. It seems that no matter how well I do, there's really no way I'm going to make up those first few weeks where I went with my 'gut instinct' against the 'experts' and lost horribly (like 2-14 horribly) and now I sit comfortably at the bottom in 31st place...forever... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 03:57 Rigs

So, anyone still trying to have fun in X Rebirth? *cringes waiting for the shovel to the back of the head*

If you're still curious...check this out, if it hasn't been mentioned before...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4jofI_rKY#t=112

(BTW, he's saying BUGS, not BOOKS! That's one HELL of an accent!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 17:20 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 14:04:
Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:32:
My buddy with premium tells me the DLC isn't very good and seems pretty low effort. No serious levolution (what a dumb word), little to no destructibility except in middle points of a few maps and lots of imbalance in high ground vs low. Sounds like cherry picking the good DLC instead of Premium is the way to go.

The maps are huge but seriously lack any effort in terms of new assets, they didn't put any new structures or buildings. I've only played the maps in rush mode so far, they seem to be designed around the 24 player limit on last gen consoles and not 64 player limit on the new ones or the PC.

The DLC isn't looking too good, they have one pack that's dedicated to naval combat. Unless that brings some sort of Titan mode with aircraft carriers it's going to suck. I think as soon as the remake of Metro comes out it's going to turn into 24/7 Metro for most servers just like Nuke Town does for Call of Duty.

Fuckin' Metro...I HATE that damn map with a passion! Get on one with 60+ players and you can HEAR the front from a mile away and good luck if you get close...then good luck GETTING OUT without getting blown to bits! *shudder* No, that's not what I call 'combat', that's a fucking boxing match! Now put me on the Caspian Border and I'll be a happy...uh...camper...

I got BF4 as a gift and while I was happy not having to pay for it, I can't believe some of the glitches that exist in this 'AAA title'...the funniest for me was the second SP mission, when you go up the tower to 'rescue VIPs' and the game crashed before I got to the building, so when I fired it up again, loading the level dropped me IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING, no where NEAR my guys (they were still running over the roof of the building across the street) and since I didn't know where they were and didn't know where they went (I could still HEAR them and see their sub-titles though, go figure), I ran around to the sliding doors and went in the building to go up the elevator. Well, rounding around the corner, the elevator part HADN'T LOADED YET because my guys hadn't gotten there yet and I wasn't SUPPOSED to be there yet, so I go through this huge HOLE in the wall and drop into a HUGE PIT in the middle of nowhere, where the textures had been stretched down (I guess where they fit the elevator's when they actually LOAD) and I couldn't do or go anywhere but I could watch everything going on up above (as if I fell through the level but...didn't). I finally saw my guys running into the building and as they went around the corner... .... .... ...the game crashed.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2013, 03:53.

News Comments > Desert Strike TMed
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 14:16 Rigs

You want to know what's sadder is the fact that they keep doing it because PEOPLE KEEP BUYING IT! Stop buying this shit and they won't do it! Look what happened with 'episodic gaming', was supposed to be the 'next big thing' but no one went for it after Half Life Episode 2 and SiN's first episode, so they dropped it. If consumers would just do the same fucking thing to 'micro-transactions' then they'd drop that too...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 20:03 Rigs

There was a sequel?!? My god...and, now another one?! Are they fucking brain-damaged?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 21:06 Rigs

djinn wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 21:04:
Sad day in a way. Nevertheless good luck to him. iD died when they sold to Zenimax.

Indeed, end of an era...or, well, another era, anyway....God, I fuckin' feel old now - thanks, Carmack!

BTW: I call dibs on the Ferrari! W00tw00t Race Outtahere

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2013, 21:11.

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 15:53 Rigs

I second (third?) the Wing Commander Saga recommendation! They did a really, really good job with it and it's very authentic. They stay true to the series and explore things that weren't in the games originally but feel like they could have been. The one thing I noticed (and loved!) was that the ships have weight to them...structure, they feel like big, metal objects in space, especially when you're shooting them to pieces! Parts get smashed, plasma and 'smoke' gets vented into space (rather like Starlancer, actually)...they feel like the real thing. To be honest, they feel more 'real' than they did in Wing Command Prophecy. At least for me. The graphics are great and use the FS2 engine to it's limits. (Amazing that an engine that came out in 1998 is still turning heads in 2013!) You get to pilot familiar old ships while also encountering new, but 'series-appropriate' vessels. The best thing? It's freakin' FREE! Every WC fan should download and try it at least once...trust me, you won't regret it!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 15:57 Rigs

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:07:
Ryan Lange wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 10:53:
Whilst super for them, it means sweet FA to me and many others who really wanted to see HL3 instead of a remake of a 15 year old game we can all play blindfolded made with an outdated engine - and they're charging for it. Knock yourself out however.

I'm not here frequently, but I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive that wasn't immediately overshadowed by a really negative comment. You're just a big bag of hate, aren't you?

He's Canadian.

+1 internets! Highfive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Borderlands 2: Ravenous Wattle Gobbler Next Month
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 15:47 Rigs

Wasn't that D&D-themed RPG-DLC supposed to be the last add-on for Borderlands2?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 01:06 Rigs

Darks wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 21:32:
Its another turned based game... Ehhh!!

*grabs torch and pitch fork

And just what's wrong with that? Bat

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:44 Rigs

There's a Nazi for everything...

=-Rigs-=

1748 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo