Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 6, 2015, 08:12 Rigs

'Ok, Red Squadron, stay in attack formation!'

*Everybody bolts in all different directions the second he finishes saying it* Wall2

Edit: Looking at the first static image for the video, I'm curious as to what ship is on the middle-right side? I thought maybe an Imperial shuttle but it doesn't really look like it, then I thought maybe it was Slave 1 coming 'at' the camera, but there's something sticking out behind it. Then I thought maybe it was another Millennium Falcon. I dunno. Maybe you guys can figure it out?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2015, 08:36.

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Announced
14. Re: Halo Wars 2 Announced Aug 5, 2015, 23:36 Rigs

Given how the story was never resolved in canon to this day, I'm curious where it'll lead. (I'm such huge fucking HALO fanboy, it's not even funny anymore...it's sad..yes, and a little disturbing )...The rumor was until this announcement that maybe they were going to announce a version of the MCC (Master Chief Collection) for Windows 10. Instead we got Halo Wars 2. I'm not complaining, any HALO on PC is good in my eyes. It's where it should have stayed this whole time! But I'm kinda bummed that we won't get all the HALO releases not on PC, HALO3, ODST, REACH and HALO4. I mean, REACH isn't in the MCC but HALO3 is remastered at 1080p, along with ODST. Plus HALO4 is just dying for a mouse and keyboard control. Still, I think I would literally have a heart attack if they announced REACH for PC. And they still might with this new push to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Windows 10...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 4, 2015, 17:53 Rigs

'GAMEPLAY REVEAL AUGUST 5th'

*video ends, 12 video previews of said gameplay pop up from different channels*

Hmph, so much for having to wait...thank you, Internet!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2015, 15:23 Rigs

Wow, some seriously ignorant people in those comments...

I dont want my money back!
I want the product I fund and that product is onte with out the DRM.

You Kickstarted a project, you didn't go to Amazon and buy a product, jackass!

Seriously, just ship it without DRM. It wasn't in the original project. Jeez

Because I'm sure they hadn't thought about that already... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Announced
8. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Aug 1, 2015, 04:10 Rigs

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 19:03:
Kobalt wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 17:49:
Never played it, but if reports of galciv 3 being basically galciv 2 are true I have to disagree. I tried es few times but got bored before long. Maybe it's the fact that you have pre designated routes instead of being able to go anywhere. Felt like despite it being space there was less freedom then most 4x games I've played. Also the races in galciv at least have some personality. Too many factions in es are just humans.

<How dare you insult the diversified AI legion of Endless Space! PREPARE for your bitch slap! >

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 15:26 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 14:54:
5) Make me some low level official of Blue's like 'Speaker of the House of Blue's'.

Your house is all ready for you!

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:39 Rigs

Lag...double post...stupid Chrome...disregard

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:37 Rigs

MajorD wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 13:05:
Rigs wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 12:53:
Oh, and I second the idea for 'thumbs up' or stars or whatever for posts. Maybe not a thumbs down, but we definitely need something like that for good posts...
=-Rigs-=

Here we go again. Help me understand why a thumbs 'down' is such a bad thing.....

Because much like Cutter's ego, it can be abused.

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 13:10:
I've never understood rating posts. It's zero indication of quality and only one that someone else agrees or disagrees with. So you agree with it or not, so what? A poll function would be far more useful.

It was a suggestion, not a demand. Your opinion is one of many. Polling, thumbs up, stars, whatever, just something...

=-Rigs-=

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 12:53 Rigs

Ok, since obviously we're going to have 'purists' here that don't want anything to change and others that wouldn't mind seeing some things change, I've actually put some thought to this before. (Yes, I was bored) My whole 'gradients' argument was to bring some attention to the fact the site hadn't changed in a while and could use a good 'touch up'. BTW, my gradients post is still up if you have no idea what I'm talking about. I would LOVE to see you guys implement it!

But, anyway, during my thinking exercise about what could be good changes, another friend who operates another site (Matt from TWC Classics) was having a similar dilemma. He's kind of a neat freak with major OCD issues when it comes to changes on the site. First he'll redo it, then put it back, then totally revamp the site...then put it back...it's kind of crazy. He has a huge database of music laid out and was trying to figure a way to best present it to the user, search-wise. After thinking about it, I figured that instead of changing the site for the majority, and leaving out those that want the site a certain way, put everything in the user options and let THEM decide what they want and don't want to see.

This is my main point. There are some here that don't want a change, they use the menus just fine and the site loads fast for them. Fine. If the user wants to have pull-down menus, put an option for it in the settings. If they want the 'old-style' back, put it in the settings as an option. Simple. This way everyone can have the site the way they want. Basically, it's an expansion of your 'new blue' settings on the side now, along with the extended user settings. Throw everything in there, explain what it does and maybe give them the option of previewing it first and everyone is happy!

Oh, and I second the idea for 'thumbs up' or stars or whatever for posts. Maybe not a thumbs down, but we definitely need something like that for good posts...

Also! The email function is definitely still broken. I've tried three times. That needs fixing.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2015, 21:34 Rigs

I think the email feature is still bugged...or outright broken. I tried sending something to a fellow user today and never got a BCC (or a reply, but that could be on purpose) so I went and tried to send one to myself just now and nothing... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jul 29, 2015, 20:49 Rigs

Total. Fucking. Mess.

=-Rigs-=

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 15:02 Rigs

Haven't seen it posted so I'll say it...

MINECRAFT 1.9 SNAPSHOT 15W31A has been released...

...and it's a fucking mess! What does Mojang do with all of it's time? Seriously, they've had the longest time between two versions of Minecraft ever (1.8x -> 1.9, source: MinecraftWiki) and a lot of things are broken and/or missing. In order to implement the new spawning of another Ender Dragon, you have (and I'm not kidding) make a creeper face out of clay on the ground! WT-ever-loving-F, Mojang?! No melee combat changes ("yet"), no shield ("yet"), and the two hand mechanic is practically outright broken. No new mobs. No new blocks. The big one? Books and signs have been reported to DESTROY your world! (source, 'Searge's Twitter: 'We'll release an updated snapshot tomorrow, until then signs and books will destroy the world after a while. Don't use or have them. Books, signs and tellraw are all broken in the snapshot for the same reason. We found and fixed it, turns out it was too strict JSON parsing') Nice. Good use of your time, Mojang, really...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2015, 20:12 Rigs

*crickets*

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2015, 15:20 Rigs

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 14:28:
Creston! Earthquake!

Oh! I wanna play! Ok...

nin! Tsunami! Flood

Whatever

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jul 27, 2015, 14:30 Rigs

1.9 on Wednesday! Eagerly anticipating! Drool

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch May Break Mods
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May Break Mods Jul 21, 2015, 17:50 Rigs

Well, to be fair (as John Oliver is fond of saying), most online exploits are caused by people using mods and/or trainers...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
148. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 15:13 Rigs

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 12:25:
Zor wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 10:25:
So it doesn't matter if they give a date and at the same time say that date could change? You only listen to the part about the date and not the part about it possibly (or in some cases likely) changing?
This.

How many of the people complaining here actually backed the Kickstarter? We know Kxmode didn't. We're talking about faux outrage on behalf of the original backers, yet I'm an original backer and still happy with the development.

Dude, I'm an original backer, UEE Citizen Record #30143, Enlisted Oct 9, 2012 and hold a Golden Ticket. That, however, gives me jack shit authority to tell others to stuff it when it comes to their opinions on how this project is going. As seen in this thread and the many others on Blues like it, we all have our own opinions and nothing, absolutely nothing will change that. Agreeing to disagree is your only 'out' here. I suggest you respectfully take it and save it to battle another day...

=-Rigs-=

146. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 11:57 Rigs

InBlack wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 07:29:
Rigs wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 06:15:
. Thus, from this point on, I'm not going to be jumping into these 100+ comment threads that all ever end up meaning...nothing. At least until such time as said shit has happened and we have something new to talk about that isn't all speculation, rumor and personal opinion.

=-Rigs-=

Oh the sweet sweet irony.

Giggle I didn't miss it...I was fully aware of it when I wrote that...really...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely
1. Re: Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely Jul 21, 2015, 11:06 Rigs

When are companies going to get it through their thick heads that enabling mods is what brings in more customers/fans/$$$?!? It's not rocket science!

=-Rigs-=

124. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 06:15 Rigs

Slytat wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 22:17:
...your dream of the 'Ultimate Space Game' (that, for some strange reason, revolves around the release of an FPS).

I have issue with that statement (or that part of statement). The game doesn't 'revolve' around the release of an FPS. You're being dramatic. The only reason you're hearing much about it is because of the delay and it's imminent release. If they were fixing to release the Squadron 42 component, that's what you would hear about the most. You're taking things out of context (like I took your comment out of context) and warping it to fit your narrative. Fortunately, you're not speaking to 10 year-olds that wouldn't spot the difference... *looks around*...well, mostly.

Regardless of my personal opinions about this game and it's maker, it's apparent to me after watching these various threads over the last couple years that you guys have a very narrow-minded view of things and tend to focus on certain aspects while ignoring the bigger picture. In truth, all we can do is wait and see what happens. We can sit here and speculate until said shit happens but it won't matter one damn bit. In fact, I get the feeling that some of us here really just like to hear themselves talk (or type, as it were). Thus, from this point on, I'm not going to be jumping into these 100+ comment threads that all ever end up meaning...nothing. At least until such time as said shit has happened and we have something new to talk about that isn't all speculation, rumor and personal opinion.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2015, 06:21.

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo