Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
44. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2015, 01:19 Rigs

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:52:
Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 01:46:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

There's always this: http://mafro.ca/v/

Ooh, very nice! Thank you much! I was looking for something just exactly like that, too!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
31. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 01:16 Rigs

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 21:14:
Stanly Manly wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 21:05:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 20:28:
I don't think that they had someone editing the text, and if they did they did a pretty piss poor job. So many spelling mistakes and missing words.

Also, that first companion that you get, whenever I use her shove ability she's goes out of her way to get to my character and shove him to the ground? At least I'm playing a monk so she wounds me and activates my abilities lol.

This game is a bug filled mess right now, though. What happened to all the fan boys from the other POE posts?...

Hah, oh, I see now. You are either a really bad troll, or just really, really stupid. Or perhaps really, really stupid, and trying to be a really bad troll.

Either way, you should absolutely not post again. I mean, unless you enjoy people laughing at you.

Blind fanboy is blind. Bring on the laughter.

Can we save the pissing contests for the Star Citizen threads, please? Or at least until GTAV comes out, then you guys can piss all over the fucking place and I won't care one bit...because I'll be too busy playing, Hey-yo!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 01:46 Rigs

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 14:39 Rigs

I can't take it! I feel like a battered wife...'maybe this time it will be different'...

'Rockstar Announces Another Launch Delay Of GTA V PC'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
73. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 17:30 Rigs

saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

Nope.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
9. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 17:20 Rigs

Another HD7850 owner here checking in and I agree. If I had the funds free, I'd grab another myself, it's an amazing card! I got just a measly 1gb but it doesn't seem to have much of a problem. I can play everything pretty well up to MAX, with a few exceptions (the new Carma and Star Citizen give it quite a work out), AC: Unity, DA:I, FC4, Shadows of Mordor, Metal Gear: GZ, Cities:Skylines, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, iRacing, TheCrew, all run great! I'm sure GTA5 will run pretty well though I'm a bit worried about the Witcher 3...we'll just have to wait and see...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Mar 21, 2015, 02:51 Rigs

Well, like I said, I've been having issues with my system in general, so it could absolutely be on my side. Other than the locking/crashing on shutdown, the general game experience has been as smooth as you describe. I'm running with five hard drives and two video cards (my primary HD7850 and my old HD5770, for SoftTH in iRacing) and while I do have a fan blowing on them (two, in fact, a stand up and a small deskfan), there still isn't a lot of airflow. The case it's in was only meant to be temporary so maybe it's time I finally got it in it's proper, final case. Then I might not having so many problems. In addition to that, it's probably around the time for a new Windows8.1 install. The one I have now is going on 10 months. (I typically re-install every 6-12 months)

So, tl;dr? I need to do some spring cleaning...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
19. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 21, 2015, 02:40 Rigs

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 07:51:
Well we are going to have to agree to disagree then. For me Carma 2 is one of my favorite games but it pales in comparison to the original + Splat Pack. The design is so plain and uninspired. Boring cars. Boring maps. It was and remains very prone to crashing. The menu frequently broke. Many vehicles were cut with some of them being recreated by fans. Also the whole second half of the career after launching the nukes and transforming the previous maps into post apocalyptic ruins was axed because of time. It's well known SCi rushed the sequel, which burned out Stainless who passed on doing Carmageddon 3 and lead to the pathetic TDR2000. New technology aside, Carma 2's saving grace was the awesome gameplay and modding community.

Fair enough. I actually wasn't aware they'd planned anything beyond what was included in the 'campaign'. Or maybe I did and just forgot after all these years, who knows. I wasn't a big fan of Carma3 either. It was ok but not very creative and certainly didn't introduce anything new. I dunno why I have such 'feelz' for Carma2 over the original. Maybe because I'm such a huge fan of the rise of GPU's. The originals, while unique (and 'controversial') had horrible draw distance along with some seriously pixelated sprites. When Carma2 came around, it was so much smoother and easier to control. Granted the maps were rather uninspired and something I always hated about it, except for the first 'city' map, which was awesome. Mods were always welcome, too. I loved driving as the police car...and having all 'police' enemies (can't remember if that was an original mode or a mod)...it's just been too long, period, and I feel like this new Carma doesn't do much to alleviate that.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 20, 2015, 17:33 Rigs

Indie Developer Retaliates To Negative Video With YouTube Takedown. Thanks nin.

*sigh*, Again, Jim? Geezus...this is getting to be a bi-monthly thing with you, man...soon you'll have to name all the groups you're trying to piss off in the beginning of every video...oh, wait...

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 00:00 Rigs

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 17:20:
I see a lot of people bringing up Carmageddon 2. Well I don't know how many of you were around when that game was released but it was a buggy unfinished mess (literally half the game was missing) and unplayable on many MANY more PC setups. If you dared force a greater draw distance it quickly became a slideshow on even the most top of the line computers.

Stainless seems to have a history of overestimating the capability of average PC gamers. Maybe they assumed if you had the money to spare to kickstart Carmageddon Reincarnation you can afford a computer upgrade. They made it for the super dedicated life long fans and appear to have delivered. Casuals should stay away.

Hmm, I have to disagree with that. Carma2, IMO, was the best in the series. It brought the game to the 3D accelerator revolution, which is what it needed. Yes, the original supported 3D accelerators, through a patch later on, but in it's original release it didn't. Carma2 was built from the ground up with dedicated GPU's in mind. I'm not too sure where you get the whole, 'half the game was missing at launch'. I have a launch day cd-rom copy sitting on the shelf next to me and it has everything that was supposed to be included. It was buggy, I'll concede that. I was actually a pretty die-hard fan of Carma back then and managed to get a hold of a beta before release, not to mention the demo, which was pretty ugly, in performance, eye candy and features. However, the retail release itself? Fine and ran fine on my Pentium2/400 with 128mb of RAM and a Diamond Monster3D-2 3dfx Voodoo2/8mb purring under the hood (hooked to a Diamond Stealth S220 (Rendition-based)/4mb 2D/3D card). I don't know how performance was for the layman, but for my super computer, it ran smooth as...well, as 30 fps would allow, anyway.

Nowadays, my ride is about as mean as a Chevy Volt with a bitchin' paintjob but it can still hold it's own against most things I throw at it. This new version of Carma not so much. I understand they're shooting for tricked out systems built for speed and eating polygons for breakfast but if that is their intent, the least they could do is actually say so upfront. This isn't a traditionally published game, it was funded and that requires a little more transparency in regards to things like that, at least IMO...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Mar 19, 2015, 23:44 Rigs

Skylines is absolutely awesome! It's everything SimCity in 2015 should have been. Some of the detailed stats and budgets are not as...err, detailed but it doesn't detract. In fact I kinda liked not having to micromanage everything all the damn time. There's really good guidance when playing for the first time, nearly everything is explained. It's well paced, not too slow that you get bored and not too fast that you feel things are going to spiral out of control. Of course there's the obligatory 'Pause' and 2x, 3x, and 4x speed increase. When first starting a new city and you've played before, you can have the option to start with all your 'milestones', which are given to you as you progress, like access to a hospital instead of just a medical clinic, instead of waiting for them and this is where the 2-4x fast forward comes in handy. I can layout my city, roads, zoning and districts, put down water and electrical lines (which is a cinch, thankfully, very 'common sense'), then crank the time to 4x and watch as the residents pile in while I work on my bus , subway and train routes. I was doing this within two hours of starting for the first time! It's a breeze but still very playable. You can mold just about anything to your will, however you want it. And don't get me started on all the STEAM Workshop assets/mods available...holy geezus!

On the downside, some might find it a little 'shallow' in spots if they're really used to the way SimCity does things. There's a lot of content, both in-game and downloadable, for free, to keep you occupied. The 'water physics' that have been touted up and down are pretty cool but tend to get glitchy when you fool with them a lot. Think in some FPS's when you shoot an AI and they start glitching out, jumping and vibrating through the floor...that kind of thing. It doesn't happen often but it does happen on occasion. Bugs...my saves didn't show up the first two times I went back to the game, I thought I'd lost them only for them to reappear the third time. Your guess is as good as mine. Crashes and lockups are few but annoying when they do happen. I'd say at least a quarter of my game sessions ended in a lockup and even one BSOD. But my system has been having heat issues as of late so that could be isolated to just me. There's a map editor and you can rearrange the terrain and add water, trees, mountains, lakes...but it's not all that well featured. Pretty bare-bones. You can adjust 'brush-size' and 'strength' so you can fine tune that hill line just outside of your future town and add some lakes but you always have to keep in mind that you need both water access and road access, at the very least! All towns start with an off-ramp from the major interstate (apparently) and then you go from there, which kinda puts the stops on really custom and 'out there' city designs. So no desert tumbleweed ghost towns here...

But all in all, if you are tired of playing Simcity4 for the upteen millionth time, your prayers have finally been pretty much answered. You can forget dealing with that crap they call the 'new' SimCity and step up to the promised land, my friends! Rejoice! Headbang

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 09:12 Rigs

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 04:00:
Am I reading that right Bats? Did you manage to overclock that i5 to 5,9 Ghz???? No wonder you aren't having issues

Also 16gb's of RAM doesn't hurt either...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed
13. Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed Mar 18, 2015, 23:36 Rigs

Up until I sold my Genesis last year, I still had my beloved copy of 'Joe Montana Sports Talk Football'. I still occasionally bring it up on an emulator. It's just got so much personality compared to Madden, which I hated back then. Funny thing was that it's actually considered the second in the 'Joe Montana Football' series, as evidenced by the 'Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football' name (why put the '2' after his name and not at the end?). The first one, 'Joe Montana Football' was seriously unbalanced. I rented it once for a weekend to see what the differences were (there were many) and I routinely had scores of 100 or more compared to the AI's 21 or 30. Still, the announcer narration for the second one was usually on point though it would occasionally go spastic and say 'HE THROWS...I DON'T BELIEVE IT!' when you got done with a 3 yard, through the middle, running play...eh, whattaya want from a mid-90's 16-bit sports game? I believe it was the only one with narration during the plays for quite a while... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 22:52 Rigs

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 19:33:
So I tried this again last week, and still felt like performance was horrible, with 1-3 second pauses from time to time. Is it just my machine? I've got an 3.2g i7 960, 8 gig or ram, and one of the new GTX 960s for video. I took the default video options and didn't try and crank everything up or anything like that.

You're not crazy, nin, this game runs horrible. I don't think they've done any optimization whatsoever and I don't think they have plans on doing so, either. It's nigh unplayable on my Core i5-750, 6gb RAM and HD7850/1gb. Yeah, it's not a beast but I have no trouble playing Ass Creed: Unity or Dragon Age: Inquisition on it. I can't run Star Citizen though, for some reason. It maxes out my ram and then shows me the desktop like a boot to the ass. As for Carma: Re, I sadly don't have high hopes for it anymore. It's a nice idea and it's certainly Carmageddon but it's not even close to Carma2, which I feel was the best in the series...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
13. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 12, 2015, 09:14 Rigs

Talutha wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 01:14:

Sorry about my heavy sell on the game, I really do think it is absolutely amazing with the multiplayer stuff. I spend hours each week just practicing the track so I can run it proficiently with the more experienced guys. It's just that I never hear anyone talking about it and it definitely deserves to be looked at if you're into racing games at all =).

Um...one post under yours, dude...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
91. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 12, 2015, 00:27 Rigs

Have any of you gone onto ebay and looked up Star Citizen stuff? Not just ships, though they're are well represented, but everything....lockers, light fixtures, sofas even...wtf?! This game doesn't exist in that form and yet there's a market for it!? I was curious if these 'Golden Tickets' were worth anything and I didn't find a damn thing on that. I found overpriced ships that you'd need a doctorate in Space-Age Technobabble Bullshit to make sense of (like 4 different versions of the same fucking thing!) and listing upon listing of...junk. It's like finding yourself on the wrong side of Youtube...where the hell am I and where do I go to get back to reality?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
9. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 12, 2015, 00:01 Rigs

Hanover wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 22:54:
I'd love to try Driveclub on my PS4 but Sony doesn't support my Logitech G27 anymore and I'm not interested in buying another wheel.

whine whine whine

Are you fucking kidding me? The PS4 doesn't support a G27?! Are they out of their collective minds?! Glad I didn't pick one up then. I had extreme disappointment earlier this year when I tried to use my G25 on a friends X360 (that I'm 'babysitting' while she's away) and found that it wasn't supported either! Yet it works flawless on the PS3 in GT5 Prologue. Go figure. I was so excited to get to use it in Forza4 and then found it wouldn't work. Punks. There's a USB port right on the front of the console! That should be the only price of admission. I have the console, the game and the wheel (a total of over $500 right there) and yet it still won't work! Blows my mind.

So, I reactivated my iRacing account, installed SoftTH to use my three LCD's (one 18" widescreen, my main 22" widescreen, and a 19" 4x3, yet works flawlessly!), and I'm in the zone again...fuck consoles...well, except for HALO...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
39. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 23:51 Rigs

Is there any reason why we can't just get a CryEngine-ified version of the original and D2? Everything of old and new in one...what D3 should have been...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
24. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 19:31 Rigs

1badmf wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 19:00:
yeah that 16 parts thing cutter brought up was a complete lie. as far as i know no one's said that anywhere, and i probably follow this game more closely than anyone here. my CID is in the 6000s out of i think half a million at this point. we're still getting the 50 missions promised, just packaged in a different way. number of episodes is really irrelevant..

My CID is #30143 plus I have a golden ticket, for whatever that's worth...maybe Happy Ending?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10 [Updated]
10. Re: Steam Top 10 [Updated] Mar 8, 2015, 19:07 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 16:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:56:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:12:
You have to wonder how many of these people actually play these titles.

I can answer that for GTA V. Zero.

You are wrong it's 8
https://steamdb.info/app/271590/graphs/

How in the hell...and since August!? That has to be wrong...

=-Rigs-=

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo