Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1944 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
151. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:42 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 20:39:
So I just had this pop up for me in Steam and figured I'd post it. Haven't even finished reading it yet.

13 April
Dear Steam Customer,

*snip*

WT-ever loving-FUCK? And how did they figure that out so quickly? I call bullshit!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 20:40 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:40:
The mechanics for a no-kills playthrough of DXHR sucked ass. When I shot some dudes with tranquilizer darts from up above they died instead of going unconscious as they should have. Really lame. My guess is the game for some reason attributed falling damage equaling the height I was above the enemies to the impact of the tranq dart and figured it should be a lethal hit. Retarded.
Hope they'll do a much better job with this sequel. Also would be great if a ghost/stealth or non-lethal playthrough would not require tracking back through the entire level after completion to pick up the goodies and XP.

Dude, can you make a post that doesn't include the word 'retarded' at all, anywhere?! Better yet, can you possibly talk like an adult, just for a little bit so I don't have the urge to punch you every time I read your posts?

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

148. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:32 Rigs

Don't feel too bad all ye who have legit copies. The pirates aren't fucking around in game either. In fact, I've heard something really naughty and I'm half and half on whether it's true...

I know a little birdy that tells me things once in a while on IRC (when I can find him) that I came into contact with long ago working for a client (this 'little birdy' knows people that make me check over my shoulder every so often, he's in deep - you want a quote for your sig? 'You know you're in deep when Tor is your default browser' BAM! *drop mic* I know, pretty pathetic... ), anyway, he said that some of the groups made a little backroom deal for this whole GTA5 thing. Seems that some members got some 'consideration' for making sure that a crack didn't post until 4-14. Who gave them this 'consideration', I have no clue, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out. On top of all that, it seems some in the group didn't agree with taking it breathlessly from behind from corporate and there's some dissension stirring in the ranks of the cracker groups, especially 3DM (who are the only ones, to date, to crack Denuvo).

Take or leave it. Like I said, I'm half and half on it. They've had 7 days to crack this and the only 'excuse' they had for not doing so was not having this 350meg 'title update'. That's been out two hours now and still no crack....Gives you something to think about...while you try for the hundredth time to get GTA5 running...grrrr...

=-Rigs-=

91. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 18:58 Rigs

Some torrent sites have the Update...no crack yet...but if you have a legit PC install and want to play dirty, go for it, all the pieces are there now... Evil

=-Rigs-=

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:57 Rigs

Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:15:
Hmm, I advanced my system clock to 4:00 PM PST, but the game still isn't working. Drats!

Yeah, that's not gonna work, unfortunately...lol...*R has to send out the 'Day 1 Title Update' which will enable the game to be played. Basically it's a Day 1 patch/DLC (it's actually in the DLC folder of the installation, along with others that don't seem to be 'DLC' as we know it) that completes the installation. This is why it hasn't been cracked for the torrents and why there'll be a frakkin' feeding frenzy when it 'unlocks' at 7pm...Just hold onto yer butts! It's gonna be one wild ride!

I just hope *R has some seriously re-enforced server capacity or they'll be smoldering, smoking craters by tomorrow morning...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
9. Re: More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Apr 10, 2015, 13:01 Rigs

Sooo...it's Ghosts and Advanced Warfare in one nice, un-innovative package of lame and suck...Is anyone surprised at this point?

Oh, OH! Will we have the dog?! A fish drone?! The possibilities, unfortunately, are endless...for boring...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games
15. Re: EFF vs ESA on DMCA for Abandoned Games Apr 10, 2015, 02:51 Rigs

Problem is, and has been, that those outside our industry and community see gaming as something not to be taken seriously, yet copyright infringement and business IP protection are. The need is to get the people that make the decisions on this to take this situation seriously and see the argument from our point of view, not the RIAA/MPAA/ESA/NSA/IRS/FBI/KGB/UPS side of it...

IE. We're not children crying and whining that our games are broken.

and

We're not pirates and criminals looking for a free ride...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 05:22 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 03:33:
...But I'm quite sure they'll have a demo or trial at some point. The tutorial parts of the original backer beta would make for a good demo. They'd just need to add more helpers to it, polish it up some and it'd be good to go. I'm pretty sure that this is WIP at FD.
So you might as well wait for something like that to happen or the next Steam sale (summer sale at the very latest).

I forgot about their Summer Sale. Hopefully, E:D is involved in some way. I haven't seen it drop a penny below $60 since it launched.

I was trying to say that the some kind of beginning mission or tutorial would be great as a demo! Just...something...anything! Like I mentioned, even just a non-interactive bench demo would be ok with me...

=-Rigs-=

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 05:19 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 02:05:
Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 23:58:
Though it's not on the list...yet...I wish they would have a sale for Elite: Dangerous...$60 is just too much with too many unknowns. At least have a bench demo so we can see how our systems will perform!

=-Rigs-=

http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1738-elite-dangerous-gpu-benchmark-4k-fps

I was about to complain that the test isn't representative of my system when I noticed they were testing against an XFX Core 'Ghost' HD7850, the exact same card in my system... shut me up real quick...

=-Rigs-=

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 23:58 Rigs

Though it's not on the list...yet...I wish they would have a sale for Elite: Dangerous...$60 is just too much with too many unknowns. At least have a bench demo so we can see how our systems will perform!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
15. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 5, 2015, 23:38 Rigs

Aside from missing my point (completely in the two removed posts, apparently), I didn't mention BBS's because it wasn't really relevant to my story. But, yes I spent untold numbers of hours on local BBS's through out the years, especially after coming down to FL where it was quite prevalent. I played a lot of VGA Planets and some other rudimentary 'games' like Drug Wars and a 'pimp simulator'... *ahem*. I even managed to meet another girl on there, one of few that ventured onto BBS's or knew they existed to begin with. We ended up writing back and forth for a while but that was about it. Like most girls in my area in their late teens in FL, she became pregnant and then had issues with her boyfriend/baby's father. I kinda slowly and quietly walked away from it from there on, I didn't want to get involved.

Anyway, yes, I went from a 2400 baud to a 14.4 and then on to a 56k within a short number of years. Ironically enough, they were all eventually knocked out individually by lightning...another FL staple...

For the record, I spent the time to type out my experience because I thought others might enjoy hearing about it. From what I've read here, maybe I should just keep my posts short and to the point from now on. I'm apparently just wasting everyone's time...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
10. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 5, 2015, 01:37 Rigs

You youngin's are a funny lot. I used to play on Genie back when it's competitors were Sierra's online network - TSN (which housed some really simple board games brought to digital, like Checkers and a rudimentary Red Baron online mode, which I never played because 2400 baud just didn't cut it even for simple-shaded polygons apparently...not to mention the $7.95 PER HOUR price after the 'complimentary' 10 hours for signing up) and ol' CompuServe (which I never tried because I was too busy having fun over on *Prodigy)...Like Sierra's TSN, Genie had a per-hour rate after your free hours were done, though I recall you did get a few free hours each month. You used those hours quickly, too, because it was a blast to play AirWarrior (which didn't have the lag issues that Red Baron did, for some reason) and Cyberstrike, the only online Mech game that truly felt like a Mechwarrior first-person online simulation. None of this arcade Mechwarrior Online bullshit or HAWKEN's...whatever it is HAWKEN tries to do. The graphics were simple and clean, to the point and the game was intricate and fun. What more could you want? And you usually had plenty of people to play against, too, even with the outrageous costs.

And speaking of costs, when I was a young teenage user of *Prodigy, we lived pretty far away from the closest dial-up number, two counties, 45-minutes away, to be exact. Might as well have been on the other side of the country. Every call cost 25 cents PER MINUTE, plus a 25 cent first minitue connection fee (this was in early 1993). Our first phone bill came in at a whopping $450! Suffice to say, my parents were NOT happy. There was a lot I had to do to work that one off! But at the same time, they knew very little about computers and online at the time, so they told me to stop getting online...and, being 13, with access to girls from around the country via *P's 'Bored Teen' bulletin boards...well, that lasted all of a week or so. I made small, quick connections but it still racked up because of that connection fee. The next month's bill? $325. At this point I was actually talking to a girl in Kentucky (I lived in northern NJ) on the phone on a regular basis in addition to getting onto *P so instead of killing my budding social life, such as it was, my parents allowed me only so much time to do either but I was required to pay it back at the end of the next month before I could do it all again. The next bill was only $150 and things were good until April...when disaster struck.

One night, after getting online, I had thought I'd logged off but the software I had would automatically re-connect unless you told it not to (being out in the wilderness with bad lines, I had enabled this option because I got disconnected often) and since I didn't actually turn off the system (I was tired and not paying attention), *P connected, stayed on until booted off for inactivity, which was typically 10 mins and then re-connected, over and over and over... ALL NIGHT! May's phone bill came in at over $700 and that was the death knell for my young online social career through Prodigy and by extension, Genie. I never did get onto Prodigy again, even when we moved to FL and had a local number to connect to. Prodigy closed up not long after that anyway. Never met the girl from Kentucky in person, either... *sigh* Sigh

So...uh, what were we talking about again?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 23:55 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 18:54:
Rigs wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 16:09:
So no one feels like answering my question, huh? Puppyeyes

=-Rigs-=

Headscratch Not quite the answer I was expecting... To be fair, I kinda left myself open to that by not reiterating what the question actually was...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2015, 00:04.

76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 16:09 Rigs

So no one feels like answering my question, huh? Puppyeyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on Steam
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous on Steam Apr 3, 2015, 15:49 Rigs

If a friend has E:D is there any kind of discount for referrals? I really want to get this but I just can't stomach $60 when I'm not entirely sure, 1. My system can handle it adequately and 2. That it's something I'll play $60 worth of content out of it...

I don't understand why there can't be some kind of tutorial/demo mission or something. I mean, it's an ONLINE game (for all intents and purposes) so I don't get why they can't do something like that? Would help people to decide if they have the right equipment. I've been told by my close friend that he uses an Xbox360 controller and while a little unwieldy, it does work ok, if you don't want to shell out for an X52/HOTAS right now...

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 11:25 Rigs

Ugh...this is agonizing! Especially since I have my PS3 version sitting right here on my desk...and no PS3 to play it...BAH!

Longest. Two. Weeks. Ever.

EDIT: Is there anywhere that will give credit for the PS3/X360 versions toward the PC version? I cancelled my pre-order after the first delay and was just going to get it on launch but now I'm thinking I might want a retail version also...

=-Rigs-=

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2015, 01:19 Rigs

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 13:52:
Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 01:46:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

There's always this: http://mafro.ca/v/

Ooh, very nice! Thank you much! I was looking for something just exactly like that, too!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
31. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 01:16 Rigs

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 21:14:
Stanly Manly wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 21:05:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 20:28:
I don't think that they had someone editing the text, and if they did they did a pretty piss poor job. So many spelling mistakes and missing words.

Also, that first companion that you get, whenever I use her shove ability she's goes out of her way to get to my character and shove him to the ground? At least I'm playing a monk so she wounds me and activates my abilities lol.

This game is a bug filled mess right now, though. What happened to all the fan boys from the other POE posts?...

Hah, oh, I see now. You are either a really bad troll, or just really, really stupid. Or perhaps really, really stupid, and trying to be a really bad troll.

Either way, you should absolutely not post again. I mean, unless you enjoy people laughing at you.

Blind fanboy is blind. Bring on the laughter.

Can we save the pissing contests for the Star Citizen threads, please? Or at least until GTAV comes out, then you guys can piss all over the fucking place and I won't care one bit...because I'll be too busy playing, Hey-yo!

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 01:46 Rigs

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

If that happens, I'm coming for your hide!

I've already started my countdown on Facebook, so they can't back out again... (barring any stupid April 1st shenanigans)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 14:39 Rigs

I can't take it! I feel like a battered wife...'maybe this time it will be different'...

'Rockstar Announces Another Launch Delay Of GTA V PC'

=-Rigs-=

1944 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo