Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1731 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
30. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 18:11 Rigs

So...I caved and re-installed...been playing a lot of TC lately, which doesn't really help to go from a game in the series that gives you so much freedom to one that...doesn't. Was I setting myself up for failure? Yeah, pretty much.

But it just looks so damn good! Damn you, Egosoft! Damn you to hell! You entice me, you tease me like a veteran hooker and then...I find out you're a cop...DAMMIT!

This one is jailbait, boys. Go back to the tried and true and wait a few more...years?

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Global Launch
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 10:17 Rigs

It's actually been worked on for over a year and started in other countries before it was brought to the US and North America...this isn't a twitch reaction, it's been planned for a long time...

This explains it better: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Realms

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:58 Rigs

Yeah, I've noticed TB has been more talky, less play-ey lately, don't know what's up with that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:55 Rigs

'More capital ships'

SOLD!

Blush What? I'm easy to please, what of it?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Supreme Ruler 1936
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:11 Rigs

Works for me...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:09 Rigs

I managed about 2.12tb for the last two months...not on mobile, of course...Do I look like a billionaire to you?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 01:05 Rigs

Until reading the premise for this game in an interview, I never even realised that Aliens took place long after the first movie and that she had been in cryo for a long time. Was that explained in the beginning of the movie when Burke comes to see Ripley at the medical ward? Maybe I just didn't pay attention. I was under the impression all these years that LV42...uh, 6? whatever...was a different planet that they just happened to run into the xenos on...

Game looks really good though... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Supreme Ruler 1936
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2014, 09:07 Rigs

How about a one sentence preview?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off in September
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 18:58 Rigs

If you want to know anything about Cliffs of Dover or any other recent flight sim, I strongly advise you to go to SimHQ. They have a TON of information and a new review of the TEAM FUSION mod here: http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/team-fusion-mod-4-31.html

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2014, 04:21 Rigs

Yes, SE is pretty great but I have to chuckle at the last scene with some of the multi players jumping up and down...it's 2014 and we're still doing the same exact thing in videos of games that were done back in the Quake 1/2/3 days...pretty funny...The more that things are different, the more things stay the same...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars GameSpy Shutdowns
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2014, 04:15 Rigs

I never understood how you can run out of keys of a digital title with a non-physical, digital key? How is that possible?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 18:04 Rigs

Brings up the question in my mind of the other fantastically botched MMO launch, Anarchy Online. I remember those days! Ultima Online too. Man, were people pissed! You think APB and SW:TOR were bad? Psh. That ain't nothin'!

Anyway, is Anarchy Online still going? I'm too lazy to go looking...the 'review' from SomethingAwful will always crack me up, no matter how long ago it was...

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/anarchy-online/1/

EDIT: Holy shit! Yup, still going!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 08:36 Rigs

Heists or PC VERSION (DAMMIT!) or STFU!

What the hell are you people doing over there, *R?! You can only snort so much blow off (out of?...oh god....) a hookers ass, that billion has to be pretty much gone by now...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Lords Becomes Lords of the Black Sun; Enters Beta
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 21:50 Rigs

Please don't get that song stuck in my head...it took a decade just to get it out...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2014, 21:55 Rigs

Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 18:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:37:
I SAID THE STEAM SALE STARTS THIS WEEK, RIGHT?
Kick
I remember when I was 14...

Giggle

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 16:29 Rigs

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 16:06:
Jesus I HATE changing my passwords. Google says I don't have to change my gmail password according to the hit list, but EVERYTHING is tied into my gmail account. Think I should change it anyway?

http://img.pandawhale.com/v4bCx8-bill-cosby-facepalm-gif-jI2G.gif

Beam

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
53. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 15:04 Rigs

Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 11:40:
The fact that it crashed didn't bother me. It's pretty early, so eh, that happens. The fact that he showed up and his shit wasn't even ready to actually GO when he wanted to play, and he had to ask the fat guy "What do I play? What do I click?"

He didn't know shit about his own game. And then they had to spend 15 minutes apparently just getting it ready to go.

Sheesh, that was just about the most inept reveal ever.

But hey, 41 million dollars sure buys a lot of pretty powerpoint slides!

Yeah, that worries me A LOT...he didn't seem to know what to say even, a lot of 'Uh's and 'Um's like he just got there, they gave him a quick cheat sheet of the slides and kicked his ass out on stage. Either he got stage fright (which is always possible though highly unlikely) or he wasn't prepared, and that does not bode well for the project.

Younger gamers should study this well as a lesson in life, really. You can have the best of intentions and big dreams, lots of money, even tons of talent bought with the money, but if you don't actually have a plan, know what the hell you're doing, actually have a plan, pace yourself - don't bite off more than you can possibly chew, and actually have a plan, then you find yourself in situations like Chris and others like Lord British, John Romero and Peter Molyneux have - promising the world and hoping that by throwing money and people at it, everything will somehow all come together like you want and like you said. The world, unfortunately for those great, self-esteem-boosting fairy-tales you were told when you were young, doesn't work that way.

Chris has been in this exact place before, with Freelancer. I know because I followed it's development very closely at the time. And back then, he had roughly the same kind of vision he has now - large, open world sandbox space sim/game/virtual life, with lots of interesting places to go to, dynamic situations happening with or without the players involvement and a huge MMO-type second release, after the single-player release, to tie it all into a big bow. For years, we watched preview after preview come out with all the same promises, the same goals. But when it came to the actual release...well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(video_game)

Here's hoping against hope that history doesn't repeat itself...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 14:03 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 04:06:
John Oliver is freakin' hilarious. And so is Lewis Black.

Also, Stephen Colbert got his start as a Daily Show correspondent. No correspondents, no Colbert.

I'm aware of the shows 'lineage' and yes, John Oliver is pretty hilarious...most of the time. Like I said, sometimes it gets a little too obnoxious. Some of the skits, like SNL's, just drag. I mean, you can't really tell beforehand what will be a hit with the audience and what won't but sometimes I just sit back and think (like a wannabe AVGN), 'What were they thinking?'... Yes, Lewis Black is pretty funny and some of the 'correspondents' have their times (Jessica Williams and Jason Jones especially along with occasional hits from Aasif Mandvi and Al Madrigal) but Samantha Bee and Kristen Schaal I just can't stand. They're talented, no doubt, but just not 'my' kind of funny, I guess. I'd actually prefer to see Lewis Black live on stage or in an HBO special or something than some skit. I know John Oliver had recently left and they said something about his own show, did he go to another show or start his own? If not, I wonder if he'll replace Colbert on The Report...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 01:37 Rigs

Yeah, I'm not seeing the reasoning why Colbert would leave a show that has done very well for him (and it's only been on a few years at that) and go to an established show with an established audience and an established 'feel'. I like Steven, I think he's much smarter than most people give him credit for, and his show is hilarious. (While I love Jon Stewart, I'd rather The Daily Show have the same format as The Cobert Report with just him and maybe a guest or two before the 'main' guest at the end. The 'correspondents'-segments I find to be pretty immature, obnoxious and/or dull, and sometimes they just fall totally flat and unfunny, especially lately. They just try too hard) In fact, I think Jon would've been a better pick for replacing Letterman than Steven. I just can't see Steven doing the Letterman show format. But, then again, if he's going to lose 'the act', then maybe I'll come around. I'm just sad to see the end of 'The Colbert Report'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 21:23 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 18:07:
Rigs wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 16:20:
So it's not your thing. Fine. But it's hardly the equivalent of paint drying...

=-Rigs-=

You're right, man. Watching paint dry is more entertaining. Maybe it's just because I've never watched NASCAR hammered drunk. I'm guessing that's the prerequisite I'm missing?

Good lord, Cutter, you can be such an elitist bitch sometimes. On second thought, don't watch it. I wouldn't want you to have to lower your standards and possibly have some actual fun, God for-fucking-bid...

And how is F1 boring? Like Monaco? With cars racing through a city at a bazillion miles an hour? Dude, if you seriously think NASCAR is better than F1 I really don't know what to say to that. Different strokes for different folks, I get that, but cereal?

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 20:07:
Then Bernie fucking Ecclestone took over, and suddenly the shitty teams had to be able to compete, so every fucking year they banish more and more stuff, make the whole thing more fucking ludicrous, force people into the pits because somehow they believe that that's exciting, and nobody ever overtakes anymore.

Monaco is a parade of laps by #1-10, and they all just hope that the guy in front of them has car trouble, so they can move up a spot.

F1 has become a pisspoor joke. 4 cylinder fucking engines...

I'm no NASCAR fan, but at least those guys still overtake.

My point exactly...thank you, Creston...

=-Rigs-=

1731 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo