Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2077 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming
24. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 1, 2015, 14:24 Rigs

Murder She Wrote wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 10:40:
Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 09:15:
Bizarre and defensive, eh? So bringing up facts that support my argument, even if it isn't strictly gaming related is bizarre now? Yes, I'm defensive. I'm an AMD/ATI fanboy...duh. Everyone knows that. Get with the program, dude!

Bitcoin mining and the weak console APUs which can barely manage 60fps in most 720p games aren't exactly facts that support any argument here. Buying a brand instead of a product just means you're buying into marketing. AMD has put out dog shit products in the past and I didn't buy them. Same with Nvidia. My comment is as valid as yours, maybe you've never used an Nvidia product and are lying. I guess if I was weird I could just assume that but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I don't know why you're so defensive and hostile about others being balanced and buying products based on their merits "bruh". Getting that emotionally invested in a brand is really strange, it reminds me of the Apple cult.

Getting back to things that matter, I dislike the idea of GeForce Now. The latency will never be there for many of the games I care about and I don't like having no local access to the product.

Did I not just say I was an AMD/ATI fanboy? Why am I 'so defensive and hostile about others being balanced and buying products based on their merits'? Oh, 'bruh'? It's so funny how you can sit there in previous posts and bash AMD and then wonder why someone that actually LIKES AMD would come in and defend it. For the same reason you talk shit about it is why I come in here and defend it, because it was the subject of the discussion. And for the record, I call bullshit on your ' weak console APU's that can barely manage 60fps in most 720p games'. Way to generalize, there. Most current gen consoles have absolutely NO problem giving 60fps at 720p. It's when they get up to 1080p when they have trouble and not because the APU can't handle it, but rather, in Xbone's case anyway, the way they have video ram (or ESRAM) implemented. A paltry 512megs of it ain't gonna get you far. The APU in the PS4 has no problem with games, assuming the dev actually knows what the hell they're doing! As for PC-based APU's, I have an A6 (which has an equivalent HD6350) with 4gb of DDR3 and it has no trouble playing 1080p video, or playing anything up to 'AAA' graphics heavy games in 1080p. The Witcher3 and GTA5 have some trouble without pulling the options down a tad, but then again, my 7850 has trouble with it, too, at 1680x1050. And have I owned nVidia? Would you like to see the box of nVidia Geforce256, GF2MX's, GF3's and TNT2's and RIVA's I have sitting next to me? Aside from them, I have two laptops with 670M's. So yes, I've used nVidia, and I don't like them one bit.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 1, 2015, 09:15 Rigs

Murder She Wrote wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 08:07:
The last time I had any problems with Nvidia drivers was in 2005, I guess I win this battle of anecdotes. Seriously though, I've owned both brands for a long time now, I'm even running 2 different gaming machines in this house with a card from each. AMD has been pretty shitty just like Nvidia has been pretty shitty and anyone who says otherwise is deluded. They both go through periods of idiotic design, both in terms of hardware and software.

The rest of your post is really bizarre and defensive, talking about bitcoin and consoles smacks of desperation to be blunt. Instead of getting so invested in a particular brand you should probably weigh each card on its own merits.

In terms of AMD continuing on..well they aren't doing that hot.

Bizarre and defensive, eh? So bringing up facts that support my argument, even if it isn't strictly gaming related is bizarre now? Yes, I'm defensive. I'm an AMD/ATI fanboy...duh. Everyone knows that. Get with the program, dude!

As for the rest of your post and the other two who are lucky to find their way out of their rooms in the morning, it's pretty much what I expected a response would be. 'Oh, I use both, I just didn't specifically say before even though such a statement would make my comments just a tiny bit more valid'. Sure, bruh. Sure.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

13. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 1, 2015, 00:40 Rigs

Murder She Wrote wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 23:33:
WaltC wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 18:23:
The constant spewing of childish BS like this is precisely why I haven't bought a nVidia GPU since 2002...! Ugh...! (But it's fun watching them do moronic stuff like this...;))

AMD had some pretty shitty years in there, not so sure I would be boasting about that.

nVidia hasn't exactly had the best time with their drivers as of late, so I'm not sure why you'd even be throwing rocks from your glass house?

Obviously, anyone here that talks shit about AMD cards being 'underpowered', 'glitchy' or having 'driver issues' doesn't have one and hasn't had one for a long time. The last time I had ANY problems with AMD/ATI drivers was way the fuck back in 2006 with my X850Pro. My HD-series cards (4870, 5770 and now 7850) all have had absolutely NO issues whatsoever.***

Do certain games have problems with running on these cards? Well, of course, silly! You know, Arkham Knight ran just as shitty on nVidia as it did on AMD and I'll point out that the current-gen consoles, which all have AMD GCN video (7xxx-series cards and above), have had no issues with it. The cards are fine. During the Bitcoin-mining years, what card was best for mining? AMD. What card took over current gen consoles? AMD. Just because nVidia has more play money to pour into marketing and plastering their name over everything doesn't mean it goes to better quality of their products. You'd think they'd invest some of that marketing budget to get the leg-up on AMD and beat them once and for all, if AMD cards are as bad as some of you tend to claim. But AMD stills continues on, wonder why that is? Hmmm...

*** - The 7850/1gb broke it's fan after 10 months, certainly not AMD's fault. XFX replaced it even though by the time it was sent in, it had only a few days left on it's warranty and ran out before I got it back. Once replaced, it's performed as it should since with no other issues.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2015, 01:09.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
23. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 16:34 Rigs

Download, make an account, sign in annnnnd...

What's this 'que' business?! I wanna play dammit!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quote of the Day
29. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 16:31 Rigs

harlock wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:59:
if the world revolves around you, then everything is personal.. thats how egotism works

it all depends on how far up your own ass you are... some dipshits take a rain storm personally

The world does revolve around me. I thought everyone knew that. Did you not get the memo?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
4. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 11:29 Rigs

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:08:
I'm pretty tired of clone mmorpgs and such.

Why can't they clone ultima online? I loved being able to recall to a dungeon, fight some people and then recall to an inn/house and log off without having to spend any sort of time traveling and wasting bullshit time not having fun.

It's all about the journey, not the destination.

A shame that the game is never as good as the animated trailer...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 15:23 Rigs

Elite beat out Cities new DLC, MGS5, SOMA, ARK and Fallout4?! Da fuk...You sure you didn't read the list upside-down, Blue?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
16. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 11:19 Rigs

harlock wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:52:
all celebrities are overpaid, across the board

that includes all your precious little ball-sports players as well... so called "reality stars" and any kind of "personality" or recognizable name person

the VO business is just another business, and all of you dumbshits complaining about it have no fucking clue how it operates, so you can whine about it all day long but it has nothing to do with the business, just your own inability to understand how the real world actually works

'I'm not crazy, all of you are!' Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
5. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 10:28 Rigs

Asmodai wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:20:
Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 09:54:
Good riddance to this shitty form of DRM.

While I agree that it in particular, and drm in general, are awful, there are still a number of older games that people may wish to play that will no longer work without hacking the system.

Players should probably just get fixed .exe's, but I can't really see why this change is being made now. Far too late to matter...

I literally scratched my head when reading the headline. I don't know why they're going through all this trouble, all you have to do is go into 'Services' under Admin Tools and disable that particular service. If you want it back, re-enable it. Done. But why the hell are they even bothering now? It makes no sense whatsoever. When has MS ever gone back and disabled something in a prior OS? Is there a precedent for this?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 Rigs

Whoa, bro! Let me something, something, no scope, 420, yolo something that shit! Rifle *chugs 2-liter of Dew, chokes on Dorito...dies* Lol_dies

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light Demo
11. Re: Dying Light Demo Aug 27, 2015, 14:57 Rigs

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:20:
Then there's this game. It's ridiculously hard and I find it really stupid that the zombies take forever to kill, that the fireman's axe is less useful than the little bladed weapon, that you have to continuously repair your so-called weapons during fights with packs of zombies of superhuman endurance and agility and not to mention that I was running out of spare parts to repair weapons with fast.

Run out of spare parts? Wat?

I am literally playing this right now, it's paused while I check the news, I'm about 30% in and I have enough 'spare parts' (metal parts, plastic, blades, electronics, power cables) to last me probably forever. Every time I go to sell what I've grabbed along the way, I buy up their supply of said items. The only thing that comes in short spurts is string, which allows molotovs and throwing stars. But by the point in the game where I am, where I just entered into 'Old Town', I routinely have enough to last. I have like 50 med kits, 20 molotovs and like 40 throwing stars. And there's always some around to grab if I run low in various buildings.

As for weapons, I'm up to one-handed bladed weapons that do 200+ damage, in the Level 12 area of 'Survivor' and 'Power' skills. I routinely find hatchets and crowbars that are above my level in the shops that I can't buy, off of enemies, like Rais' thugs. What I'm curious about is if there are any bow weapons? I haven't found any. There are plenty of guns around once you get thrown in the 'Pit' off of those thugs such as police and military rifles, pistols and a shotgun, all of which I have but they make a lot of noise that usually sends 3-5 volatiles, which are a pain in the ass. A bow would be so much better, the punch of a gun but the whisper of a blade...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 27, 2015, 09:56 Rigs

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 08:42:
No offense but I can't believe you're trying to play these games with a 1GB videocard. I guess maybe I'm too used to all of my high res bells and whistles but I couldn't do that.

To be fair, I'm not using a 1080p monitor either. My 22" 16:10 widescreen (a five year old Samsung 2253BW) tops out at just a notch under with a res of 1680x1050. So that puts less strain on the card, albeit only slightly. For a 1gb card, it does surprisingly well, plus I don't HAVE to have all the settings on MAX all the time to be comfortable with the game I'm playing. And at this point, any upgrade would probably involve building a completely new system, as this first gen i5/750 and 6gb of DDR3 RAM isn't winning any awards either. My original plan was to deck out a killer x99 rig, but now that the Z170 boards are coming on the scene, I might switch over to that. I don't need the fastest unlocked i7 to be a happy geek. I can make due with a nice i5, as the one I have has been plenty up until now. So the money I save in running a less extravagant CPU I can put toward more DDR4 or going from a 390X to a FURY Nano. Who knows, depends on what's a good buy at the time that I have the funds available, I'm not a picky bastard, my only caveat is NOTHING nVidia and I'm happy...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 26, 2015, 00:32 Rigs

Hey, I'm still trying to finish the original! No really, I'm like 25% in. I just started about four days ago...yeah, yeah, I had a back log, ok?

EDIT: Oh! And, btw, for those that were so sure I didn't know how to configure my system (ahem...HARLOCK!) and this was the reason I was getting shitty fps? Well, I updated last night to the 1.5.0 patch, finally, and it's smooth as *(^$# butter! I knew it wasn't my system! This is exactly the same thing that happened with GTA5 when I first got it. It ran like ASS. to the point of being unplayable but after two patches...runs smooth as silk. So, again, I say, texture streaming issues are the game's fault! Yeah, I have a crappy 1gb 7850 but it still holds it's own...

=-Rigs-=

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2015, 00:18 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:55:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:39:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:34:
Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:24:
If you are going to respond to him, don't insult him by calling him my name and don't insult me by comparing him to me. Figure it out you dumb fuck.

Yes, l'll definitely try to remember to get right on that!

So, wait, I'm confused...do I call you Bad Krovven and him Good Krovven or do you want to be Good Krovven and him Bad Krovven or do you want to be Bad Krowen and him Good Krowen or you Good Krowen and him Bad Krowen or...? Maybe we should wait and ask him too? I dunno, you seem to be able to do all my thinking for me, so what do you think? Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

The sad thing is you still haven't figured it out and just continue to post drivel. You just updated your post calling him Krovven instead of by his own name. He is not me, I am not him. Get it through your stupid fucking brain you moron.

Might I recommend decaf.

I knew he'd do that eventually. It's pretty entertaining. He's not capable of talking to people with respect or having an adult conversation in any way...Pretty sad, honestly. He's not stupid and I would have no problem having a conversation with him but, like I said, he's not capable. Such a waste...

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 21:06 Rigs

.Drifter wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:42:
ARK. Bought it based on hype of some friends, and it being a top seller. Played it, thought it was actually pretty decent, they seem to patch it multiple times a day even, but . . . while I was able to get it to run decently, my biggest issues is spawning in front of stuff that kills me. Start a game, there's a T-Rex, and I'm dead. I respawn, oh hello mr. t-rex . . . dead again. Rinse/repeat.

Indeed, I typically die about three times before my system gets everything loaded and it doesn't stop for 10 mins when I look at anything other than the sky or my feet. Then I'm respawned in a 'totally random' location about five feet from where I was before and I'm promptly eaten... 10/10

=-Rigs-=

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 20:58 Rigs

Tom wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:31:
Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:07:
Wth happened in this thread??? Headscratch
Dude proud of his superior technical expertise wonders why ARK and other mediocre-at-best games run like crap on his computer. Someone correctly points out that it's because his computer suuuuucks. He goes ballistic. Typical forum nastiness ensues.

Gotta love it.

Yup, totally what happened.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:06:
Maybe we should rather do the tl;dr version then....

Awww, I dragged the crayons out and everything...Well, I guess we got lucky because 'Tom' (who isn't Krovven, btw) did a great job of breaking things down in a completely not-false, efficient and easy-to-read manner. Good for him! Now I can put my 27 cents to something exciting...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 21:04.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 19:59 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:31:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:25:

Do you want the play-by-play with panel discussion and expert analysis or the tl;dr version?

=-Rigs-=

22m Recap in Anime style with catchy song would suffice.

That's gonna cut into our 27 cent budget...I hope you know how to draw Anime!

=-Rigs-=

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 19:25 Rigs

Do you want the play-by-play with panel discussion and expert analysis or the tl;dr version?

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 18:34 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:24:
If you are going to respond to him, don't insult him by calling him my name and don't insult me by comparing him to me. Figure it out you dumb fuck.

Yes, l'll definitely try to remember to get right on that!

So, wait, I'm confused...do I call you Bad Krovven and him Good Krovven or do you want to be Good Krovven and him Bad Krovven or do you want to be Bad Krowen and him Good Krowen or you Good Krowen and him Bad Krowen or...? Maybe we should wait and ask him too? I dunno, you seem to be able to do all my thinking for me, so what do you think? Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 18:40.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 18:21 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:19:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:13:
Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:10:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 17:24:
Thank you, other Kovven, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for...

=-Rigs-=

You can't figure out how to spell either of our names right, but you expect us to believe you that nothing at all is wrong with your computer?

BTW congrats on yet another freak out over nothing.

*edits previous post*

There, Krovven, I fixed it for you. Happy? I was in a hurry. Go play with harlock, the adults are talking...

=-Rigs-=

So sad man. His name is Krowen. That's a W for the retarded. Adults can tell the difference.

The irony is strong with this one...

=-Rigs-=

2077 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo