Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI lackey - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - PC builder/troubleshooter (25+ years) - Weather fanatic (especially winter storms, blizzards and Nor'Easters)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 Rigs

Whoa, bro! Let me something, something, no scope, 420, yolo something that shit! Rifle *chugs 2-liter of Dew, chokes on Dorito...dies* Lol_dies

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Demo
11. Re: Dying Light Demo Aug 27, 2015, 14:57 Rigs

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:20:
Then there's this game. It's ridiculously hard and I find it really stupid that the zombies take forever to kill, that the fireman's axe is less useful than the little bladed weapon, that you have to continuously repair your so-called weapons during fights with packs of zombies of superhuman endurance and agility and not to mention that I was running out of spare parts to repair weapons with fast.

Run out of spare parts? Wat?

I am literally playing this right now, it's paused while I check the news, I'm about 30% in and I have enough 'spare parts' (metal parts, plastic, blades, electronics, power cables) to last me probably forever. Every time I go to sell what I've grabbed along the way, I buy up their supply of said items. The only thing that comes in short spurts is string, which allows molotovs and throwing stars. But by the point in the game where I am, where I just entered into 'Old Town', I routinely have enough to last. I have like 50 med kits, 20 molotovs and like 40 throwing stars. And there's always some around to grab if I run low in various buildings.

As for weapons, I'm up to one-handed bladed weapons that do 200+ damage, in the Level 12 area of 'Survivor' and 'Power' skills. I routinely find hatchets and crowbars that are above my level in the shops that I can't buy, off of enemies, like Rais' thugs. What I'm curious about is if there are any bow weapons? I haven't found any. There are plenty of guns around once you get thrown in the 'Pit' off of those thugs such as police and military rifles, pistols and a shotgun, all of which I have but they make a lot of noise that usually sends 3-5 volatiles, which are a pain in the ass. A bow would be so much better, the punch of a gun but the whisper of a blade...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!'

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 27, 2015, 09:56 Rigs

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 08:42:
No offense but I can't believe you're trying to play these games with a 1GB videocard. I guess maybe I'm too used to all of my high res bells and whistles but I couldn't do that.

To be fair, I'm not using a 1080p monitor either. My 22" 16:10 widescreen (a five year old Samsung 2253BW) tops out at just a notch under with a res of 1680x1050. So that puts less strain on the card, albeit only slightly. For a 1gb card, it does surprisingly well, plus I don't HAVE to have all the settings on MAX all the time to be comfortable with the game I'm playing. And at this point, any upgrade would probably involve building a completely new system, as this first gen i5/750 and 6gb of DDR3 RAM isn't winning any awards either. My original plan was to deck out a killer x99 rig, but now that the Z170 boards are coming on the scene, I might switch over to that. I don't need the fastest unlocked i7 to be a happy geek. I can make due with a nice i5, as the one I have has been plenty up until now. So the money I save in running a less extravagant CPU I can put toward more DDR4 or going from a 390X to a FURY Nano. Who knows, depends on what's a good buy at the time that I have the funds available, I'm not a picky bastard, my only caveat is NOTHING nVidia and I'm happy...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 26, 2015, 00:32 Rigs

Hey, I'm still trying to finish the original! No really, I'm like 25% in. I just started about four days ago...yeah, yeah, I had a back log, ok?

EDIT: Oh! And, btw, for those that were so sure I didn't know how to configure my system (ahem...HARLOCK!) and this was the reason I was getting shitty fps? Well, I updated last night to the 1.5.0 patch, finally, and it's smooth as *(^$# butter! I knew it wasn't my system! This is exactly the same thing that happened with GTA5 when I first got it. It ran like ASS. to the point of being unplayable but after two patches...runs smooth as silk. So, again, I say, texture streaming issues are the game's fault! Yeah, I have a crappy 1gb 7850 but it still holds it's own...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2015, 00:18 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:55:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:39:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:34:
Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:24:
If you are going to respond to him, don't insult him by calling him my name and don't insult me by comparing him to me. Figure it out you dumb fuck.

Yes, l'll definitely try to remember to get right on that!

So, wait, I'm confused...do I call you Bad Krovven and him Good Krovven or do you want to be Good Krovven and him Bad Krovven or do you want to be Bad Krowen and him Good Krowen or you Good Krowen and him Bad Krowen or...? Maybe we should wait and ask him too? I dunno, you seem to be able to do all my thinking for me, so what do you think? Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

The sad thing is you still haven't figured it out and just continue to post drivel. You just updated your post calling him Krovven instead of by his own name. He is not me, I am not him. Get it through your stupid fucking brain you moron.

Might I recommend decaf.

I knew he'd do that eventually. It's pretty entertaining. He's not capable of talking to people with respect or having an adult conversation in any way...Pretty sad, honestly. He's not stupid and I would have no problem having a conversation with him but, like I said, he's not capable. Such a waste...

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 21:06 Rigs

.Drifter wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:42:
ARK. Bought it based on hype of some friends, and it being a top seller. Played it, thought it was actually pretty decent, they seem to patch it multiple times a day even, but . . . while I was able to get it to run decently, my biggest issues is spawning in front of stuff that kills me. Start a game, there's a T-Rex, and I'm dead. I respawn, oh hello mr. t-rex . . . dead again. Rinse/repeat.

Indeed, I typically die about three times before my system gets everything loaded and it doesn't stop for 10 mins when I look at anything other than the sky or my feet. Then I'm respawned in a 'totally random' location about five feet from where I was before and I'm promptly eaten... 10/10

=-Rigs-=

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 20:58 Rigs

Tom wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:31:
Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:07:
Wth happened in this thread??? Headscratch
Dude proud of his superior technical expertise wonders why ARK and other mediocre-at-best games run like crap on his computer. Someone correctly points out that it's because his computer suuuuucks. He goes ballistic. Typical forum nastiness ensues.

Gotta love it.

Yup, totally what happened.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:06:
Maybe we should rather do the tl;dr version then....

Awww, I dragged the crayons out and everything...Well, I guess we got lucky because 'Tom' (who isn't Krovven, btw) did a great job of breaking things down in a completely not-false, efficient and easy-to-read manner. Good for him! Now I can put my 27 cents to something exciting...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 21:04.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 19:59 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:31:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:25:

Do you want the play-by-play with panel discussion and expert analysis or the tl;dr version?

=-Rigs-=

22m Recap in Anime style with catchy song would suffice.

That's gonna cut into our 27 cent budget...I hope you know how to draw Anime!

=-Rigs-=

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 19:25 Rigs

Do you want the play-by-play with panel discussion and expert analysis or the tl;dr version?

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 18:34 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:24:
If you are going to respond to him, don't insult him by calling him my name and don't insult me by comparing him to me. Figure it out you dumb fuck.

Yes, l'll definitely try to remember to get right on that!

So, wait, I'm confused...do I call you Bad Krovven and him Good Krovven or do you want to be Good Krovven and him Bad Krovven or do you want to be Bad Krowen and him Good Krowen or you Good Krowen and him Bad Krowen or...? Maybe we should wait and ask him too? I dunno, you seem to be able to do all my thinking for me, so what do you think? Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 18:40.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 18:21 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:19:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:13:
Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:10:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 17:24:
Thank you, other Kovven, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for...

=-Rigs-=

You can't figure out how to spell either of our names right, but you expect us to believe you that nothing at all is wrong with your computer?

BTW congrats on yet another freak out over nothing.

*edits previous post*

There, Krovven, I fixed it for you. Happy? I was in a hurry. Go play with harlock, the adults are talking...

=-Rigs-=

So sad man. His name is Krowen. That's a W for the retarded. Adults can tell the difference.

The irony is strong with this one...

=-Rigs-=

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 18:13 Rigs

Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 17:24:
Thank you, other Kovven, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for...

=-Rigs-=

You can't figure out how to spell either of our names right, but you expect us to believe you that nothing at all is wrong with your computer?

BTW congrats on yet another freak out over nothing.

*edits previous post*

There, Krovven, I fixed it for you. Happy? I was in a hurry. Go play with harlock, the adults are talking...

Your video card is crap BTW.

Yes, I think I already addressed that. Very good pointing out the obvious, thank you! You keep those non-essential skills sharp!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 18:20.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 17:24 Rigs

Krowen wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 17:21:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 15:28:
Freakin' ARK...so many Let's Play's by 10 year olds on YT, as bad as Minecraft! No doubt it's gotten a rep because you can play with your own poop, 10 year old boys LOVE that shit (pun intended-sorta)...

I can't get the damn thing to run decent. I have it on it's lowest settings and like half rez and it still runs like crap on my 7850. Don't know why. Seems to have the same texture streaming issues that FarCry4, Dying Light and Arkham Knight have/had. You don't put it on an SSD, have fun watching your hard drive light drone on for 10 mins at a time just to move your perspective...I must be missing something...

=-Rigs-=

The 7850 isn't exactly a fantastic performer these days and ARK is very unoptimized. You will be better off grabbing some custom settings from the forums, the devs readily admit the game needs major optimization work and users have collected a bunch of configs that are optimal for play.

Thank you, other Krovven, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 18:10.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 17:13 Rigs

harlock wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:55:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:47:
harlock wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:32:
Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 15:28:
Seems to have the same texture streaming issues that FarCry4, Dying Light and Arkham Knight have/had.

i dont really give a shit, because what you say above is not normal

the games arent the problem... only thing left is what they are running on

If you haven't seen bad texture streaming in these games, it's because you haven't been paying attention. I want to add Witcher 3 to the list. It trumps all of these by a LOT.

no its because ive run all these games with no problems +60fps, W3 included, sure there are a few glitches here and there like every game ever made, but to say it has "issues" is definitely a step too far... if its a regular thing that makes everything look like shit, yeh something is wrong

just because you guys dont know how to build and maintain your boxes properly doesnt mean everyone else has the same problems

Whatever, harlock. Typical 'I don't have a problem with anything (or I won't admit it) so it must be you not the game'...You don't have a problem, good for you. I take offense to you saying I don't know how to configure MY system and shows you have nothing constructive other than to criticize. I don't need to hear that you don't have a problem. >I< don't give a shit if >YOU< don't have a problem. >I< wondered if there was anything I could do to get ARK running properly and noted that other recently released games have all had documented texture streaming problems. If you don't know about a certain topic, you keep your mouth shut. Many, MANY people have had problems getting certain games to run properly on CORRECTLY CONFIGURED systems because the games themselves were broken in some way, Arkham Knight being a PRIME example. You gonna sit there and tell me AK didn't have any issues, too? Go bloviate somewhere else...

EDIT: I wanted to also mention that GTA5 had this exact same problem with my system (and some others that I know of) and after two patches, the problem disappeared entirely for me and now runs without any trouble whatsoever. Witcher3 runs rather well on my system, to be honest, though not on the very highest settings obviously, while others can barely get it to run at all with the same configuration. I do my homework, harlock. Do you?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 17:32.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 16:17 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:03:
3GB 7980, 8GB RAM, 3.4Ghz Quadcore AMD, 250GB Adata SSD and the game runs pretty well on that for an unoptimized alpha.

I'm thinking I need a card with more VRAM. My measly 1gb 7850 isn't cutting it. Putting it on an SSD would probably help as well, though I'd have to reinstall Windows again, the current install is using much of my 40gb SSD...

harlock wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 15:59:
sounds like something is wrong with your machine

Don't even go there...I hate it when people do that. I've been gaming for thirty years and building systems for twenty, I know what the hell I'm doing. That's as bad as when I call tech support for a clients DELL and the first thing they say, 'Well, did you try re-installing Windows? You'll have to re-install Windows. Did you re-install it?' for every little problem they can't seem to fix...

=-Rigs-=

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 15:28 Rigs

Freakin' ARK...so many Let's Play's by 10 year olds on YT, as bad as Minecraft! No doubt it's gotten a rep because you can play with your own poop, 10 year old boys LOVE that shit (pun intended-sorta)...

I can't get the damn thing to run decent. I have it on it's lowest settings and like half rez and it still runs like crap on my 7850. Don't know why. Seems to have the same texture streaming issues that FarCry4, Dying Light and Arkham Knight have/had. You don't put it on an SSD, have fun watching your hard drive light drone on for 10 mins at a time just to move your perspective...I must be missing something...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2015, 14:41 Rigs

Wow, what a shock, another article on Ars talking about bitcoin... Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 13:15 Rigs

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:28:
You were probably educated in America so Iím not the least bit surprised actually.

Every point you could have made was immediately undone by that statement alone. I have no doubt in my mind that 'sheeple' is a very big part of your vocabulary, as is, most likely, 'Illuminati' and 'false flag'. I take serious issue with your stereotyping of my fellow Americans, most likely based on nothing but a huge helping of ignorance. Go back to Youtube...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2015, 15:36 Rigs

Julio wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 12:54:
Rigs wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 12:38:
The data is given a random, anonymous tag ID, nothing else is known about you personally.

No - each user of Windows 10 is given a unique ID which is stored.

From there, easy enough to associate any information about you to that ID which they can harvest from your PC, from any webcams/microphones listening in the room your PC is in etc.

No, I was right. A unique, random, ID tag. But no one would know that tag belongs to you anymore than it would belong to me. You can have all this juicy info but unless there's some kind of correlation between names and data, which I haven't found proof that there is any, it's about as useful as a phone book with all the names redacted.

Windows 10's data collection, while sleazy, isn't any worse than anything you'd find on mobile or FB, Google, etc. Not to say it's right, but it's not out of the ordinary. Does it need to stop? Yes. Will it? Probably not.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2015, 12:38 Rigs

Just because I'm not drinking from your Kool-aide kiddie-pool doesn't make me (or anyone else) stupid, a sheep or naive, Cutter. You honestly think that out of the millions of people sending out data every minute of every day they'll be able to or even care to single you out? You give them way too much credit! The data is given a random, anonymous tag ID, nothing else is known about you personally. Certainly they could know about your overwhelming addiction to MLP-Hentai-porn but they'll only know someone has an overwhelming (and very disturbing) addiction, not you personally...

=-Rigs-=

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo