Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FourPak

Real Name FourPak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname FourPak
Email four_pak@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description MMOGS are my LIFE!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2002, 16:45
Total Comments 2488 (Senior)
User ID 14270

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Austin Game Conference
1. AGC = MMOGS Sep 9, 2006, 01:15 FourPak

didn't realize it til i read it somewhere, the Austin Game Conference tends to specialize in mmogs! duhuh!

and speaking of Raph Koster... http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10803
i wish he'd decide on a Point to his ramblings and then -consistently- develop arguments to support it. As it is, one minute he's bemoaning the lack of depth of games and the next he's apparently pointing to Neopets and their "150 individual Happy Meal toys in distribution at McDonald's." as the solution. jeez the guy's all over the place with his logic, going off in 100 different directions all at once. not a good trait in a game designer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Goes Beta
20. Re: Yeap! Sep 8, 2006, 22:31 FourPak

One difference from other mmogs, there'll be lots of "serious" roleplayers on the LotRO RP servers. Tolkien purests are trekkie-like in their knowledge of every single detail of middle earth.
Frodo says 'Hail Traveller, I need some jumjum juice. Return to me when you have collected 10 jumjum seeds from the snakes outside our walls'
bwahaha i remember that from EQ1, the halfling in Rivervale right? which was the EQ version of Hobbits, so LotRO should include it just as an inside joke.

Damn i miss EQ1. and AC1. and UO.
Good times, cuz back then,
we were the Night Born, When the World was Young.
http://london.sonoma.edu/Writings/NightBorn/worldyoung.html

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 22:34.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. This Story Is Not Yet Rated Sep 6, 2006, 17:53 FourPak

oh cmon now that's just one of those crazy Conspiracy Theory stories cuz there's really no such thing as a "star chamber" group of men who have secret meetings to decide what kinds of behavior will be allowed or disallowed to be shown to the public. right? right?

yeah right.

News Comments > Green Monster Looms
10. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2006, 16:41 FourPak

Considering Salvatore's D&D work i hope they DO go MMO. Given the current pitiful MMO bearing the D&D name, it might be the only chance to play a Real Duneons and Dragons Online.

Stats for Drizzt Do’Urden (you know you want to know!)
3rd edition http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/FR_3E_Drizzt.asp
d20 http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/fx20010117d

News Comments > Black Buccaneer Delay
1. let the Crunch Time ritual begin Sep 6, 2006, 16:03 FourPak

another delayed game.

Just like EVERY year that's gone before, once again we have the post summer vacation coders, artists, designers wake up from whatever beach blanket babylon stupor they've been in the last 3 months and suddenly realize "huly shyt! we're way behind our Key Milestones!"

So now like crazed lemmings they'll drag sleeping bags into cubicles and in frantic desperation work 20 hour days every day til Xmas trying to kludge together something that can be called a "game".

the stupidity never ends.

News Comments > Khan Closes
12. Re: This is just asking for a.. Sep 6, 2006, 15:44 FourPak

what the hell is it? what was khan?
a summer vacation student project that ran out of time and enthusiasm when middle school started again? sorry for the sarcasm (ok not really) but so many of these smaller-dev projects begin and end with the school year it's like clockwork every year.

News Comments > Into the Black
43. Re: I need to take a class in logic. Sep 6, 2006, 03:57 FourPak

it's not satisfactory enough for me to think "God did it.", even if probability of an event to occur is so infinitesimal in nature
you missed the link from yesterday
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2384584&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312
which explains why and how creationist's use of probability is incorrect.

The probability of life randomly appearing as it is now is Not infinitesimal, which blows the whole basis of the intelligent design argument out of the water.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 04:01.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. First DRM for FLV Files Sep 6, 2006, 01:11 FourPak

pig fking nazis

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: New AI Chip Sep 5, 2006, 23:50 FourPak

New chip Better designers and programmers promises better AI performance in games.

edit: that merchant rescue demo video is pretty cool tho
http://www.aiseek.com/movies2/Simulated_City.avi

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 00:56.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. America to US gov't New World Order Sep 5, 2006, 22:25 FourPak

A fine example of hypocrisy.

The companies affected by this like AT&T, Verizon and Intel don't want THEIR precious right to freely distribute content restricted, but they're more than willing to restrict and prosecute individuals in exactly the same way via DRM, and DMCA lawsuits. wonder what the RIAA and MPAA position is.

If the treaty wasn't so harmful to individual freedom i'd say fk it, let these companies eat sht and die like the rest of us have had to.

News Comments > Larian Update
1. more rpgs be good Sep 5, 2006, 21:22 FourPak

the last couple months seems like a mini-burst of announced rpgs in dev. yay!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. IGN demo of Wii controllers Sep 5, 2006, 02:46 FourPak

Missed this earlier, mentioned on penny arcade, a very detailed video showing Wii controller useage.
http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vid_1657122.html
jeebus i didn't realize you needed this much ambidexterity.

33. Re: Space Elevator... to the moon! Sep 5, 2006, 01:49 FourPak

meh, i think the Space Elevator will eventually fall into the same category as Faster-Than-Light drives. Until physics knew of that speed limit it probably seemed possible to go infinitely fast. In the same way we'll discover some fundamental quantum physics reason why a space elevator is not possible. Still i spose an attempt has to be made in order to get to that discovery.

Disregarding the practical aspects of non-geosynchronous-ness (?), if you could run a cable from earth to a stationary satellite, why not a cable to the moon? or Alpha Centauri? or the edge of the Cosmos? Cable car rides to Milliways!

30. Re: Creationist math Sep 5, 2006, 01:10 FourPak

That deck of cards example of the misuse of probability is outstanding -
shuffle a deck of cards and there's an astronomically high 1 x 10 ^ 68 probability that the resultant order of cards will randomly be in THAT particular order, essentially impossible, and yet IT IS randomly in THAT particular order! *gasp* how could that be possible!? clearly the cards MUST have been Intelligently Designed to be in that order!

it's similar to the odds of winning the lottery, essentially it's impossible for a particular player to ever win, and yet every month, month after month, someone does just that.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 01:12.

28. Re: Harry Potter & Creationists Sep 5, 2006, 00:23 FourPak

For the record, everyone is wrong
ayup, all sides of the argument, it eventually comes down to what You Choose to believe is True based on evidence You Choose to believe is plausible. the best response to someone trying to convince you of one side or another - "Prove it".

actually the most disturbing part of the Harry Potter article was
Rowling has revealed that two main characters will die in the seventh and last instalment
nooooooo!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Who cares Sep 4, 2006, 23:48 FourPak

Then again, with some of the things I've seen in museums they might as well call it art
'Head On' http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/008905.php
most interesting sarcastic comment:
"It's an ad for a firewall."
That would be a Great ad for a firewall!

Marginally related to topic - the art gallery scene in the woody allen movie Play It Again Sam:
allen, trying to pick up girl: It's a lovely Jackson Pollock.
girl: Yes, it is.
allen: What does it say to you?
girl: It restates the negativeness of the universe. The hideous lonely emptiness of existence. Nothingness. The predicament of Man forced to live in a barren, Godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror and degradation, forming a useless bleak straitjacket in a black absurd cosmos.
allen: What are you doing Saturday?
girl: Committing suicide.
allen: What about Friday night?

News Comments > Labor Day Metaverse
5. Re: Bullying Sep 4, 2006, 23:24 FourPak

When Jacqui Garcia was 16, she became a victim of cyberbullying after someone posted a disturbing profile on her on the Web. One site posted this message on Jacqui: " She is mad pale and rocks bright red lipstick with long jet black hair and she scared people with her hideous face. "
hm, can she play guitar and/or sing and/or wear black leather?
http://www.galeon.com/alternativeware/marilyn-manson.jpg
http://www.kissonline.com/news/images/gs1.JPG
A STAR IS BORN!

News Comments > Labor Day Metaverse
4. Re: google traffic map Sep 4, 2006, 22:51 FourPak

weird, so smooth and sinusoidal, there's probably some metaphysical implication to that pulsing anim like "a map of the civilized world" (which apparently excludes most of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. very noticeable line of demarcation at Kansas City) or "it's alive!" or maybe "people are sheep" ?

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
5. Re: Turok Next-Gen Sep 4, 2006, 22:30 FourPak

if companies are going to resurrect old old old comix they should look into Magnus: Robot Fighter, who could break steel with his bare hands.

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
4. Re: Games load faster on Xbox 360 then P Sep 4, 2006, 22:16 FourPak

the local Fry's Electronics sooperstore in sunnyvale (south bay sf) still has a full length double-sided aisle of pc games. though they're all the full retail overprice.

2488 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo