Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peter Woerner

Real Name Peter Woerner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spoon_Gouge
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Woodcarver,
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 6, 2002, 20:55
Total Comments 33 (Suspect)
User ID 14253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2010, 17:32 Spoon_Gouge

Wow! that dog got his ass ground up and them handed to him. Course that's a mother protecting her fawn which is why she after the cat as well (once she had a good rush of adrenaline pumping in her veins). Still, Fall is another good time to get deer in a crazy mood as males start to rut.  
Spoon_Gouge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2010, 17:23 Spoon_Gouge

I own two dachshunds and while not the same thing, I don't know what I would do in such a case because they usually spot the "prey" before I do and regardless of what it is, they want at it. I'm sure they would have easily been trampled in such a situation as a deer might not bother running from them. They do make quite a racket however and maybe that's what spooked this deer. Of course I don't trust either of my dogs which is why they're always on leads and would not expect either of them to come back either.  
Spoon_Gouge

16. Re: Bacon Kevin Bacon Statue Oct 8, 2010, 17:15 Spoon_Gouge

I thought it looks more like Conan O'Brian.  
Spoon_Gouge

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2010, 20:34 Spoon_Gouge

I've taken a look ahead and from what I can see the third picture will actually be an Avengers movie, due out in 2012, I think. For those that stuck around til the VERY end, you no doubt saw the Thor hammer. Tie that in with the Captain America flick due later (this year?) along with the Hulk and you certainly have the characters to do it.  
Spoon_Gouge

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2010, 16:44 Spoon_Gouge

I've run into a similar problem with my dog, except I was on the other side. I had an alpha dachshund male, Baldwin, that my mother in law used to babysit for us. She had a Welsh Corgi who was definitely second fiddle around our dog. One day, however, the Corgi, Yogi, did what Hudson did. My MIL ended up tearing the skin off the back of her hand trying to separate them. Needless to say, "Ding-Dong-Doggy-Care" was over at that point. Our dog was also not injured but clearly (ahem) shaken, by the incident.:|  
Spoon_Gouge

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2009, 14:56 Spoon_Gouge

While I don't have an in-door mail slot, I do have two dachshunds who will take any piece of paper and have been known to go and find paper to shred. For some reason they like doing that...

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2009, 14:56.

Spoon_Gouge

12. Re: A Lunar Nuclear Reactor... Aug 18, 2009, 17:03 Spoon_Gouge

Isn't this how Space 1999 began?  
Spoon_Gouge

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2009, 07:33 Spoon_Gouge

I have been on this site pretty consistently (nearly every day), for the past 11 years as a friend of mine introduced me to it. Over the years I've regularly come to look over reviews of games, hardware, as well as news. Now, I'm not as big a gamer as I once was but still come to see what's happening with things. Love the mobilization spread now that I have an iPhone and I still read the tech bits and the Metaverse columns and always look over the etc and links bit. Love the site and whats happened to it over the years. Keep up the great work!

Spoon_Gouge

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Olympic coverage... Aug 18, 2008, 05:59 Spoon_Gouge

I have used that olympic feed before at home and it will show most events that are not televised and even those that are. One thing you should realize is this is generally a feed that contains no commentary over it. It's just the camera and mike. My wife wanted to watch the womens bike race (marathon?) and was dissapointed because it was simply the feed, no commentary on it.  
Spoon_Gouge

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Pacemaker can be remotely pwned... Aug 10, 2008, 19:34 Spoon_Gouge

I posted on the original site and here that I'm calling bullshit on this story. As the owner of a pacemaker and an AICD (Automatic Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator) I think this story is bullshit. True, there are new devices that can be reached via the radio but every device I've ever had (~approx 8 pacers and 4 AICD's in the past twenty years) could only be accessed by the radio antenna that needs to be placed ON your chest AROUND or directly above the device (similar to invisble fence). So how were they able to do tricks with an old pacer the doctor was replacing? Don't think it's possible.  
Spoon_Gouge

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Kaleidoscope link... Jun 3, 2008, 05:54 Spoon_Gouge

Appears to be pointing to a Prince of Persia Interview...:(  
Spoon_Gouge

17. Happy Anniversary... Apr 28, 2008, 06:10 Spoon_Gouge

Happy Anniversary Blue,
I thought it interesting you mention the Flinstone's "Happy Anniversary" song as it's the start-up sound on My wife's PC that I built for her...:)

Spoon_Gouge

3. Ron Glass... Apr 8, 2008, 12:27 Spoon_Gouge

The one instance I remember seeing Ron Glass in something other than Barney Miller was in one of the Twilight Zone- shows where he played the Devil against Sherman Helmsley (The Jeffersons) as a professor trying to solve a math equation. The devil offered to help in return for his soul but he could get out of it if he asked for something that the Devil could not do. "Get Lost" BTW was the request Sherman made. What was neat about it was every scene that showed the Devil, he was wearing a different T-shirt like "Let's do Damnation" or such. I just wish I could see the episode again to see all the t-shirts again as I wasn't exactly paying attention the first time....  
Spoon_Gouge

13. Jeff Healy... Mar 3, 2008, 12:14 Spoon_Gouge

Really bummed about Jeff. Started listening to him, like most people, with the see the light album (although I can't stand the "Angel Eyes" song). His appearance in Swayze's movie was interesting because it allowed you to see another side of him, although I don't remember if he even did any of "his" songs in the movie. I've also seen him live and some TV appearances.
He will be sorely missed...

Spoon_Gouge

6. peppers... Jan 2, 2008, 12:34 Spoon_Gouge

"What I'm considering now is whether it's practical to try growing my own peppers, as many are said to be well-suited to container gardening. The trouble is I don't have a particularly green thumb, but there is a strong appeal in the idea of using home-grown peppers."
When I used to garden at home I would take the time (an extra 6-8 weeks earlier than Memorial Day with peppers) and start them from seed. This requires a growlight set-up but the only other thing they would require is attention. Shit, my thumb is no greener than anyones' and my graden used to come out fine. Given enough sunlight (critical for a plant like peppers) you'll have the things coming out your ears...%)

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 12:36.

Spoon_Gouge

24. Re: Chocolate... Dec 19, 2007, 15:59 Spoon_Gouge

There was a story on the History Channel last night about chocolate, and they reported that a dog would need to consume a lot to kill it(depending, of course on the weight of the dog). As someone previously posted a link on poisonous foods, the theobromine is the trigger that will do it in.
Glad you enjoyed the leftovers anyway...:D

Spoon_Gouge

5. The implied ball-ectomy... Oct 22, 2007, 18:40 Spoon_Gouge

At this point would be a useless procedure for curing the marking bit. That tends to be a learned behavior, started by the fact that the dog develops that once he's fully male, as it were. In other words, it can't be taken back. The only thing the ball-ectomy would cure now would be neighbors puppies.:D Even if the dog is fixed at age six months, the behavior can be learned as my dog finally began picking up the trait at around 8 years old (human years, not dog). He fortunately kept his marking to the out of doors where others had marked nearby. He did however still make his rounds every day checking who else might have dropped by...  
Spoon_Gouge

30. More Spam... Sep 29, 2006, 18:03 Spoon_Gouge

I've continually now been getting party poker spam pop-ups on this site whenever I click a link. That is, until I stop here in the coments, then they stop. Eh... it works...  
Spoon_Gouge

News Comments > Into the Black
1. The return of the ugly Pop-up... Sep 14, 2006, 19:58 Spoon_Gouge

I'm noticing the return of the evil pop-up whenever I pick a shortcut on this page (same as yesterday). Looks like coming here first stops the offending buggers...:)  
Spoon_Gouge

21. Re: Pop-ups... Sep 13, 2006, 20:52 Spoon_Gouge

Blue,
I've been noticing the ugly return of a gambling site pop-up today :|(It was a gambling site. I say was because after about six consistant pop-ups, it stopped altogether once I went into the comment section {which of course delivered the pop-up})
Um, I guess, nevermind.:(

Spoon_Gouge

33 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo