Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4826 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
132. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 18:31 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 18:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 16:11:
Hmm interesting.
I will check that out tonight. I did search in the galaxy map found SOL but when I selected it the computer just told me it is too far not enough fuel and I wasn't sure what else to do.
I didn't notice that yellow route

On the galaxy map, you can select a system and learn info about it. But, if you choose "set destination" from the terrible pulldown menu that blocks out all the stars, you will get a gold line tracing the way to said system. Problem was, it didn't stick, unless you never change your destination target...which considering it's probably many jumps outside your range, you kind of need to. It's bad interface design that sounds like it's now fixed.

*edit
bad grammarz
Thanks
I need to put more time into this game so much stuff to learn

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

124. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 16:11 SpectralMeat

Hmm interesting.
I will check that out tonight. I did search in the galaxy map found SOL but when I selected it the computer just told me it is too far not enough fuel and I wasn't sure what else to do.
I didn't notice that yellow route

122. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 15:38 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:21:
Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:22:
ROUTE PLANNING!

I've had it since Gamma 1.0 ?
Really? I've tried to set course to SOL in Gamma and it told me I do not have enough fuel. That's it. I didn't see any route planner before

119. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 14:23 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:22:
ROUTE PLANNING!
Yep, that is awesome!!

117. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 14:22 SpectralMeat

Gamma 2.0 incoming:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71785

115. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 14:08 SpectralMeat

I have to look too, I didn't realize I have another ship somewhere.
I knew we are getting an Eagle but I didn't know we already have it.
I do want a Viper though. Not a big fan of the Cobra

112. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 13:40 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 12:35:
You need to be 7.5km or closer to get docking approval. You start ~9km away coming out of hyper jump.
Maybe that's what it was. As soon as I came out of super cruise I requested docking. I was probably just outside the 7.5km range. Thanks!
I thought it had something to do with the bounty on my head

109. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 12:33 SpectralMeat

Thanks for the info CJ
Yeah I did see the option there and read that forum post about group play way back but never bothered to check it out as I don't play Elite with others.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
15. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 11:15 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 11:08:
How is this new? Hitman and Splinter Cell have been trial and error games for over a decade.
Both of those games allows you to solve the game's puzzles in more than one way to complete the level. Kind of like DeusEx.
Does Alien Isolation plays out the same way? I don't own the game that is why I am wondering.

106. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 10:12 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:10:
Cool story. How do you 'access' the black market?
I think it is only available at stations not landing platforms and only in anarchy systems iirc.
I also shot at a wanted criminal when the police was near by and I got a wanted status for some reason. Managed to escape but just barely with like 5% hull left.
Made it to a mining platform and my docking request was denied. I think this was the first time I've ever seen this. Waited a bit as I was watching my canopy all cracking up ready to break put in another request and they let me land! yaay!

104. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 10:06 SpectralMeat

Scott Manley did a video on exploration, might be helpful.
Here: http://youtu.be/5_mSlz6tpmc

102. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 09:14 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:30:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:24:
Spectral do you have any ideas how players can interact in this game (other than combat and piracy of course). Is there some kind of chat system, lobby in place? Can you cooperate and gang up in trade convoys for protection or maybe even form some kind of corps guilds?
Yes you can, I've seen from the main menu group management options and communication options, friends list etc., but I've never looked into it tbh.
There was also microphone mute option in the controls menu so I assume there are couple of ways to communicate.

Unless someone else answers your questions before, I can look into it tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks Id appreciate it. Im really looking forward to the 16th
No worries
Not sure how much of that is in the gamma but this was the original design intent for group play: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6300

100. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 08:30 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:24:
Spectral do you have any ideas how players can interact in this game (other than combat and piracy of course). Is there some kind of chat system, lobby in place? Can you cooperate and gang up in trade convoys for protection or maybe even form some kind of corps guilds?
Yes you can, I've seen from the main menu group management options and communication options, friends list etc., but I've never looked into it tbh.
There was also microphone mute option in the controls menu so I assume there are couple of ways to communicate.

Unless someone else answers your questions before, I can look into it tonight when I get home from work.

98. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 08:12 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 06:17:
How the hell did you guys go to Sol already? I'm somewhere around Atami(?) or Cosi or something and cannot seem to find a good route to the mother star system. Guess I'll have to grind to get a better ship.
You should be abl to make the trip with your sidewinder but you'll need some upgrades. Like a fuel scooping thingie so you don't have to land and refual but just refuel from stars, and a bigger fuel tank wouldn't hurt so you can jump further away.

I've been doing some missions last night and this morning but what I enjoy most is scouting out new systems and sell the map data on the market. Also let my ship be interdicted by pirates and try to kill them off. This morning I was playing for 30 minutes, managed to get 4,500 for my map data of discovering like 2 planets or something plus I killed a pirate worth over 8,000 credits.
I also picked up some cargo the pirate dropped and immidiately got fined 4,500 credit for stolen goods lol
Lesson learned!

Really enjoying the game so far, so relaxing to just fly around.
The sound the scanner makes still gives me goosebumps! Love how the background music fades away when you use the scanner to amplify the effect. The sound design in this game is just incredible.

87. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 22:20 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 18:07:
Bundy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:04:
You'll still get paid for exploring systems that are unexplored to you. You just got some bonus cash for being the first to explore it ever. But given how much exploring pays in general, you'll still make quite a bit more money just hauling fish around the galaxy.

Hehehe. Thanks, I was curious how that whole mechanic worked.
I've been flying around exploring a single system and doing a mission of hauling garbage over to the next system and also got interdicted and killed the pirate. Within an hour I've made about 20 grand in my starter ship and learned a bunch of basic game mechanics and most importantly how to start making money. Loving it so far.
Playing in solo mode.

69. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:24 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:22:
Really is a fun learning curve.
It sure is.

66. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:18 SpectralMeat

Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:15:
Psssh dockings easy! I only ever accidentally hit my booster once and rammed into the wall. Just once
Now it is easy but it was pretty frustrating and intimidating the first few times I've tried it. Especially when you carry something expensive

63. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:12 SpectralMeat

Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:10:
Go SOLO. Problem solved.
Yep
At least your mind will be at ease knowing that none of those around the space station are actual players when you smack your ship against the wall while docking the 60th time

59. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 15:48 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 15:45:
If those truly are the odds then why are the devs worried about newbies getting ganked as they seem to be?
Because that is not how it works. Some systems are well populated while most others are empty.
If a system happens to be in a profitable trade route there will be pirate blockades and people will get ganked at the stations. Kind of like how EVE online works.
For new players it will be frustrating enough to learn how to fly properly let alone get smoked as soon as they leave the station.
Not to mention the never ending entertainment of watching people dock the first time, especially if the docking port is busy

47. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 14:36 SpectralMeat

Bundy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:27:
I'm still concerned though. The lack of things to do is still there. They never really addressed it. All we have is the promise that they'll be injecting some life into the galaxy at some unknown future date.
That's usually the concern about sandbox games without any story line.

4826 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo