Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4705 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 13, 2014, 09:47 SpectralMeat

"Nexus 6 is slower than the Nexus 5" - ouch!  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 13, 2014, 09:44 SpectralMeat

Everyone can freely skip through the news post they are not interested in. Just because some people doesn't like to hear from certain games doesn't mean Blue should change anything.
Don't like it? Skip it.
I don't care much for SC but the threads about the game are always entertaining to read

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: 343 apologises for Halo Master Chief issues Nov 12, 2014, 12:02 SpectralMeat

They make it such an easy choice these days not to buy games at release or preorder.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
21. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 10:04 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 09:05:
That thumbnail for the youtube vid up there basically defines Just Cause. 2 dudes flying through the air, grappling on to a propane tank.
Exactly, stuff like that what made the previous game so much fun. I could never get into SR, but this game is a blast. Hijack any vehicles on the fly, parachute your way out of trouble, just pure fun.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 09:09 SpectralMeat

Yep, annual releases, season pass, micro transactions, fun stuff. Next Gen gaming.
I'll probably just pick up Ass Creed 4 on sale and play that instead. It's probably all patched up, have a bunch of DLC bundled and a heck of a lot cheaper than this new game.
The MP might be dead but I don't really care for the MP anyways.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 08:58 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 08:52:
Why don't they just name these Assassin Creed games by the year? You know, like sport titles? The rate they are churning these out with little difference in game play and just small tweaks here and there to claim a new game, it's pretty bad.

Maybe Assassin's Creed 2016 will be better...
I thought you were talking about CoD there for a second

14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 08:34 SpectralMeat

mellis wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 08:28:
Is it a coincidence Jade Raymond just left Ubisoft before this got released?
She wasn't working on this game so I don't think her departure had anything to do with how the game turned out.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 11:46 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 11:35:
$70? Suck my balls. See you on a deep sale next year in that case.
Next Gen graphics, Next Gen frame rate, Next Gen prices !!
Buy Season Pass now! While supplies last!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 11:28 SpectralMeat

It was about dang time Apple. I still remember the hour long phone conversation I've had to go through to have iMessage de activated.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
45. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 8, 2014, 07:34 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 02:31:
I expect this to be a sandbox. It seems to me that right now it's just a box. There's not enough sand to play with. Will all the sand be there by the launch date?

*shakes magic eight ball*

"Don't count on it"
That may be very true, however the sand that is there now is fun, and enough to keep you entertained.
If you are unsure just wait for reviews and watch let's plays ones the game launches, there is no hurry to pick it up unless if you are a fan of the previous games and you are sure you'll enjoy this one.
If you've played the old Elite games you will not be disappointed with this one at launch.
Things like planetary landing will be added in later but I like their approach to have a solid functioning game first and add in the fluff later, as opposed to add in the fluff and helmet animation first and just pray to god the base game will actually function at all.

42. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 22:20 SpectralMeat

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 21:56:
I've been playing entirely in single player mode and just doing courier and trading missions while exploring the universe. I have a tendency to get lost in my head so this has been a blast for me.
To be honest there is not much of a difference between single player and multiplayer other than some of the pirates you'd run into in MP might be players not Ai
I do hope they will get the netcode issues ironed out because playing this game in coop is going to be a blast!

40. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 21:33 SpectralMeat

I think the biggest issue is how many people expect this game to be one of those modern unlock this unlock that level up perks etc type story driven action packed cinematic experiences. Which this game isn't thank god!!!
I can see a lot of "where the fuck is the story" comments from people that will end up buying Elite for the pretty graphics and come away disappointed.

26. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 16:17 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 16:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 16:07:
Check it out

I got a case of the Batpants.

Hopefully that video also addresses the previous concerns about "aim your ship to shoot"
There are gimbled weapons in the game that tracks your target, but the basic ones you start out with aren't like that. You have to work a bit earn money and buy those for your ship
No easy button or press A for awesome

24. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 16:07 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:47:
I guess what I mean is that I've heard that basically all there is right now are FedEx quests, none of the "backdrop of raw anarchy, galactic powerplays and intrigue" that they're advertising. Is there any indication that stuff will be ready in a month?

Also, remember this awesome cap ship battle? I've watched several hours of beta footage and have yet to even see a cap ship, never mind a battle like this.
I have not done any missions so I am not sure how those are coming along.
As for that capital ship that is in the game since the Alpha so I am not sure how you did not see it in any gameplay footage.
Check it out

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
46. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 15:38 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:54:
Nice to know that being one of their earliest supporters means that my starting ship was obsolete before the game even launched.

I won't spend another goddamn penny on this game for that reason.
Hey I also have one of those space turds in my hangar
When I saw those upgrade packages I thought the same thing as you.
To be honest even if you upgrade to a newer bigger ship whats the guarantee that won't be obsolete by the time the game ships.
I won't spend anymore on this either. I want to see a finished product. $60 mill should be enough to make a game

17. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 15:07 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:02:
Can anyone currently playing tell me if this date is too soon? It sounds like there is still a lot of work to do.
Those playing the game already paid for it more than what the final release will cost, and to be honest I haven't heard a heck of a lot of complaining about getting ripped off.
So imho the game will be well worth it but your mileage may very. The complaints usually comes from from those that aren't exactly sure what Elite is and expect it to be a different game than what it is.

11. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 14:09 SpectralMeat

Wildone wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 14:02:
Im guessing they have a ton of stuff ready to go, once they iron out the bugs of the previous release I wouldnt be surprised.
Yeah I do not think what they are releasing for beta testing is all they have up in their sleeve.
It is more like they have a shit ton of stuff finished and they release it in stages to test certain things.
Not to mention the speed they are patching up bugs with the beta. I have confidence in them that this game is going to be a blast when it is out. Even in it's beta state it is a lot of fun.

1. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 13:36 SpectralMeat

Awesome news!  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
22. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:24 SpectralMeat

It is funny how people cry about too many DRM than when one is removed they say they will not buy games on that particular platform anymore.
I don't care either way. If it is a game I want I'll buy wherever they sell it cheap. I haven't bought anything on uplay and I have a feeling I'll never have to because places like GMG will always have better prices than Steam or uplay or Origin.

It is easy enough to add any games to Steam. I lose out on steam achievement (lol?) and time spent with the game tracked, otherwise I don't see the big deal.
None of the previous Ubi titles used Steamworks anyways.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 20:08 SpectralMeat

Gib007 wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:47:
I use a TrackIR 5 with a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and it's an incredible experience playing Elite Dangerous Beta 3.
exact same setup here

4705 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo