Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5718 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
5. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 15:59 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:54:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:40:
Something tells me they won't see the PC sales they have in the past. They dun f'd up AW.

I don't know BO II was a lot of fun and had the best PC support out of any of the CoD games for a long time now.
Yep, and it's actually more popular online than AW
6,903 Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer
5,274 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Multiplayer

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
2. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 15:46 SpectralMeat

Yep the MP lobbies are pretty empty on the PC. TDM is just about the only game mode you can play online.
They royally shit the bed with Ghost.
Even though I think AW is pretty good I doubt Black Ops3 will see amazing sale numbers on the PC.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2015, 15:51.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
70. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 14:30 SpectralMeat

descender wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 14:24:
refusing to give discounts on things when everyone else is, is getting really annoying

/boggle

Those other services basically HAVE to give launch day discounts or else no one would ever buy games from them. Expecting launch day discounts is just being greedy, and blaming Steam for not having them is just childish. Especially considering the ridiculously deep discounts Steam offers on a regular basis.
If GMG constantly can have 20-25% off deals on preorders I am sure Steam could easily have the same, they just don't because they don't have to.
Same goes for Steam sales, you can almost always buy the same games for much less elsewhere.
A few years ago Steam sales were unbeatable, but they are pretty underwhelming lately.
I don't blame Steam for this, but I am sure glad there is competition.

66. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 13:08 SpectralMeat

jimnms wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 13:05:
Is Nuuvem a trusted reseller? I've heard of them and hear about people buying from them all the time, but you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. Buying cheap keys from Brazil seems a little shady to me.
Not sure it's my first time buying from them and so far everything worked fine.
I generally prefer everything in Steam also and would have done the same with this game but it literally cost twice as much to get it on Steam than from nuuvem.
I normally buy games from GMG or Steam directly.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 12:45 SpectralMeat

$46 here no location cheating required  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 12:20 SpectralMeat

bhcompy wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:11:
4k is a massive jump in resolution?
4X the resolution of 1080p

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 12:08 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 12:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:55:
Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:45:
I have no doubt I'll pay for it when the price drops, lol. But until then I need my fix. I hate to go abouts this way but hey, times are tough, and I got other "priority" things to use my money on such as...rent.
Don't be that guy. If you can't afford it don't play it.
The game is $30 from nuuvem I don't think it will be much cheaper than that any time soon.

I can't use nuuvem according to the website. Doesn't support my region...
Use Hola set it to Argentina

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 11:55 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:45:
I have no doubt I'll pay for it when the price drops, lol. But until then I need my fix. I hate to go abouts this way but hey, times are tough, and I got other "priority" things to use my money on such as...rent.
Don't be that guy. If you can't afford it don't play it.
The game is $30 from nuuvem I don't think it will be much cheaper than that any time soon.

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 10:35 SpectralMeat

If you drive an automatic you can give up one of the legs too, might be a better option?  

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 10:26 SpectralMeat

MajorD wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 10:25:
Whew.....
Whew
Sorry SpectralMeat, it doesn't sound like I'll be selling you my 780ti for a $100 bucks now.
Damn it!

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 10:15 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 10:06:
Whyyy must you torturee meeeeeeeee!???

Do not make me shell out 60 clams for this. I will not!
Just get the fookin game and quit whining already man

62. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 09:23 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 09:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:58:
I know what you mean about having all the games in one place, however about patching I believe GTA5 will be using the Rockstar client to do all that stuff and not Steam.

There is a Rockstar client?

I was a bit confused since it looks like nuuvem gives you a key for the Rockstar social club and no Steam key, or am I mistaken?

But yeah, 27Ä on nuuvem vs. 60Ä on Steam seems almost like a steal.
Yes there is a Rockstar client this time around.
The key from nuuvem will redeem on Rockstar's website in your account and their client will download the game.
Ones you buy the key nuuvem will have an English pdf document in your account page with step by step instructions how to redeem.

60. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 08:58 SpectralMeat

I know what you mean about having all the games in one place, however about patching I believe GTA5 will be using the Rockstar client to do all that stuff and not Steam.  

57. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 08:27 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 08:23:
Damn, I'm so excited for this game all a sudden and I don't even plan on buying it at full price. Aaaaargggh! Why! oh Why! I wish game prices were dead locked in so I wouldn't get buyer's remorse so heavily. Knowing this game will drop like an anchor in price in the next 6 months or so has me aching to pay full price. What oh what do I dos?

You don't have to pay full price, GMG, nuveem, G2A are a few places you can get this game cheap.
I got my key from nuuvem for $37 CDN, which is around $30US
I doubt this game will be this cheap on Steam in the next 6 months

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 08:12 SpectralMeat

I got mine from nuuvem for $37CDN which is like $10 US or something.
You'll need Hola in your browser in order to get it from nuuvem but the code you get is not region locked, it redeemed fine with my CDN Rockstar account and the English version of game preloaded.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month
11. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month Apr 9, 2015, 08:01 SpectralMeat

For those of you interested in Elite and doesn't trust us gamers here on Blues, check out the Ars Technica review that just came out a few days ago.
It is pretty detailed and brutally honest about Elite, here is the link

The short version of their review:
Here is the plain truth: Elite: Dangerous was released unfinished, and itís still unfinished. Thereís every indication that the December 16 1.0 release occurred in order to hit an arbitrary "before the end of 2014" release date, and the 1.0 product we got was not release-worthy. Major gameplay mechanics, like the much-hyped "background simulation" whereby the galaxyís economy and politics evolve, were broken or flat-out missing. Multiple poorly tested or overlooked gameplay exploits were present. The gameís peer-to-peer networking architecture was easily subverted and eminently hackable. The gameís multiplayer was just a wreck, with broken and unreliable player comms and no way to group up or trade money or cargo; in fact, until very recently, the only meaningful way to interact with another player was simply to blow them up.

And yet, in spite of how broken the game was at launch and all the ways in which it remains plagued with bugs even now after two major patches, Elite: Dangerous is so damn good that it transcends its problems. When I strap on my Oculus Rift DK2 and look around my cockpit, I am flying my own spaceship.

Blasting through Witch space, docking at stations, hauling goods on long trade routes, hunting for bounties, blowing away NPCs or other players in conflict zones, or exploring a thousand light years away from known spaceóDavid Braben and his team at Frontier Developments have built the best, most immersive, most gripping "you are flying a spaceship" experience I have ever played in the 30 years Iíve been playing video games.

55. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 07:51 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 07:07:
To be honest, I don't understand this whole 4K profit-whore of a hype thing going on. 4K is basically useless if you have a normal.. say 27" screen which leads to my opinion that I don't think you need a screen much bigger than that in a M/KB setting -- in this setting you're generally sitting at a desk, less than a meter from your monitor no?

I just don't understand this 4K hype, and, like music on the radio, it's only such a hit because the media can't shut up about it. So I'm kinda annoyed that Rockstar gave us this bullshit "benchmark" on this 4k system that can run 4k resolutions flawlessly -- it's not representative to the majority of the target group.
I think they've only did it to show how much more of a beast the PC version is compared to the consoles. You can run it at 4k 60fps if you have the rig for it.
I think the majority of gamers out there will not take advantage of this for the next few years but hey if you get the cash to burn, GTA5 and Elite Dangerous are some of the games you can play in 4k.

I would have loved to see a more normal system benchmark as well but seeing that the game is able to run 60fps in 4k res on a rig that is not a quad titanx, gives me hope that it will run well in 1080p on normal computer hardware that is affordable without selling both mine and my kids kidneys.

51. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 06:05 SpectralMeat

Lord Tea wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 02:44:
Judging from those screenshots owners of a GTX 970 are seriously screwed as GTA5 seems to be optimized for exactly 4 Gb of VRAM (or higher)...
At 4K resolution

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month
8. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month Apr 8, 2015, 21:48 SpectralMeat

Caladell wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 21:22:
Spectral, go for it. That is a really good price. New Order was a fantastic game. Pretty excited for this one.
I will but damn I am getting overwhelmed with so many games. GTA5 is out next week, and that game will eat my free time.
Then there is Killing Floor 2 at the end of April.

20. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 20:43 SpectralMeat

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:41:
Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:39:
Well I had to go with Bell Fibe this time around but I managed to get a 2 year deal for 15/10 Mbps for $50 per an no caps. And I've no complaints so far.

That's a hell of a lot better than what I have now through Bell. I assume it's due to being in a two year contract?
I don't think there are contracts anymore. I think it is due to competition
I got Rogers cable 100 down and 10 up unlimited for $67 taxes in for 2 years. No contract.

5718 Comments. 286 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo