Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4840 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
24. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 11:15 SpectralMeat

Arithon wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 11:13:
There are 20 keys, hardly a gazillion. See here if you're stuck.
Yeah I hope you realize that is not all the functions and options you can map for keys in the options menu, but the essentials right?
If you don't believe me go into controls menu and scroll through the options

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 11:09 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 11:04:
Also I'm playing it using Keyboard and Mouse.
I've tried my Thrustmaster but it was too cumbersome and it will take too long to get used to so I just stuck with KBM because it works really well.
I'll probably not going to be able to take on any real players with that, at least not the good ones, but for npcs it's okay. Don't have many problems if it's just one enemy but I'm not sure how well it would go against several enemies even if I used a joystick and was good with it. Certainly not several Cobras (too strong) or Eagles (too agile). Maybe several Sidewinders.
Also give it some time. It literally took me a good 5 or so hours to fly around dock etc to get completely used to the flying and controlling of my ship.
Now I can take on Cobras and multiple enemies at ones in my Sidewinder.
Made over 100,000 credit one night doing pirate hunting missions.
I am using an X55 and TrackIR though not mouse and keyboard. I finally have my setup nailed and everything comes naturally as far as button mapping.

15. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:39 SpectralMeat

Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:26:
InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:12:
Is there any way to enable the mouse in the cocpit menus? I was struggling to bind keys from my joystick, the whole binding system is a horrible mess.

My first mission will be "Find your pre-order Eagle". Apparently its an agile and very lightly armoured fighter, thats music to my ears. So its just like a tie fighter, basically a flying space lazer! PEW PEW!
That's why you need a TrackIR or a Rift. I just look at the menus and they open up then use the buttons on my joystick to navigate them.
There are keys to bind each of the 3 panels if you look under options. There are at least 200 gazillion key binding options from menu navigation to flight controls targeting and all the different functions of your ship like silent running lights cargo door etc etc.

This I what concerns me about this game. they have gone ape shit overboard making the game way to complicated with controls and to the point of almost forcing you to have a complicated setup to play the game.

This is why I am passing on this game. I am hoping Star Citizen is not going to be the same mess. I don't want to wade thought a ton of keyboard options just to paly a flight sim, I want to enjoy it for what it really is and not have to feel like im in some real world BS. I get a feeling this was done to appease the hard Core players.
Have you played the original game, or any of the previous ones?
You don't need a complicated setup but the option is there if you'd like to control everything.
You can use an xbox controller or a mouse and keyboard to do just about everything.
By the sound of it this game doesn't appeal to you the begin with anyways.
It is nothing like SC

9. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:26 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:12:
Is there any way to enable the mouse in the cocpit menus? I was struggling to bind keys from my joystick, the whole binding system is a horrible mess.

My first mission will be "Find your pre-order Eagle". Apparently its an agile and very lightly armoured fighter, thats music to my ears. So its just like a tie fighter, basically a flying space lazer! PEW PEW!
That's why you need a TrackIR or a Rift. I just look at the menus and they open up then use the buttons on my joystick to navigate them.
There are keys to bind each of the 3 panels if you look under options. There are at least 200 gazillion key binding options from menu navigation to flight controls targeting and all the different functions of your ship like silent running lights cargo door etc etc.
You can not use the mouse to navigate those menus though

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 10:33.

2. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 09:55 SpectralMeat

I can't wait to get home and play it.  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
50. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 06:32 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 05:23:
This just means that the game wont be Greenlit. If the developers find another publisher then the game might very well appear on Steam. However I dont find this very likely, Valve will shirk away from the controversy and will probably keep the game out of its stores unless it proves to be very popular and sells well through other venues.

This is their right, a company can chose who to do business with. I for one agree that they should have every right to choose who to do business with and on what terms.
I doubt they will relist it. Even if the devs find a publisher. There are certain games Valve doesn't want in their store for good reason. There are many rape simulator games in japan that you can buy but not on steam for similar reasons no matter how well they sell.
I am sure there are games much worst than Hatred you can currently buy on steam but maybe this one received a lot of complaints and those others didn't so Steam removed it. Who knows.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Dec 16, 2014, 06:28 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:07:
They got an American Trucker in the works? I hope it's realistic and I mean realistic at the Truck Stops, that is where the real action is at.
I think you are referring to the Pimp Simulator 2015. That's not out yet but I have seen screenshots and it looks pretty sweet. Your pimp mobil has a bullhorn duct taped to the hood and everything. Pretty realistic not arcady at all.

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
26. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 13:33 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:29:
I think it's something they've batted around for awhile, but thankfully they've not had the courage to try it. Of course, they office Office like that now, I believe...

I have the old office that isn't online but most times I just use OpenOffice. A pretty good alternative

23. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 13:03 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 11:03:
Wildone wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 11:00:
I remember when there was a new windows ever 3-5 years..now its every 6 months?!? Who the fuck updates so frequently. Im on 7 and quite happy

Precisely why they want to move to everyone paying a yearly subscription.

Good luck with that one. C'mon Gabe hurry up with SteamOS. Pretty please? Or at least give us HL3 or something
Hopefully MS support will not run out on 7 for a while.
I really hate 8

9. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 10:33 SpectralMeat

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:18:
Next thing we will hear is we need an xbox live account to play games on the PC.
Stop giving Microsoft execs ideas please

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 09:39 SpectralMeat

"Canadians who download and share musically illegally"
Proof reading that title of the article wouldn't have been a bad idea.

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
17. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 15, 2014, 08:31 SpectralMeat

This game looks better and better every month. I am looking forward to it.
In the mean time I am enjoying the heck out of Elite.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
46. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 13, 2014, 10:55 SpectralMeat

I ended up deleting my character and starting over, made too many mistakes ended up with a huge bounty on my head and less money than when I started playing.
Anyways did a few missions last night and now at the end of the mission it gives me a summary page of my standing and any changes to that system with my mission, like influence and economy etc.
That wasn't there before.
I am also seeing missions now that are paying over 10,000 credits and I can do them with my sidewinder.
I should also pay attention where I sell the map data, according to the store page I should travel 20 light years away from the mapped out system in order to get some good money for it. It is nice to see the store page shows how many ly away you are from the mapped system.
Just flying around doing missions and mapping out systems at them moment. Kind of a grind but I am enjoying it.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
23. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 12, 2014, 13:04 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 13:00:
To summarize: Fuck the Crew and its shitty handling.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Early Access
2. Re: atellite Reign Early Access Dec 12, 2014, 10:51 SpectralMeat

This game looks so good. Must resist!  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
10. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 10:49 SpectralMeat

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:32:
Half-Life 3 confirmed!
For iOS devices

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
5. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 09:51 SpectralMeat

I wish they would introduce a "mass sell" option. That would be much more helpful. I usually just sell all those trading cards and backgrounds and all that other useless crap I get.
Ones there is a big pile of them it takes a while to click through every single individual item.
Now they are adding gems and spells and shit. Sigh

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
17. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 08:46 SpectralMeat

Warskull wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 00:12:
Cards give you next to nothing, the items give you a bit more, about 100 a pop. If you want ot utilize this, you best bet is dumping your cards on the marketplace and then using the steam wallet cash to buy up emoticons, backgrounds, and smilies.

Even easier would just be to buy sacks of gems off the marketplace, they are currently going for 3-4 cents each. Each stack is worth 1,000.

On top of that, you can make booster packs with gems. They are pure profit, buy 1,000 gems for a few cents. Use the games to get a booster pack. Sell the booster pack or cards for anywhere from 5 cents to 50 cents.
That sounds like way too much work

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2014, 10:48.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
12. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 12, 2014, 06:24 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 02:21:
I dont think anyone cant see through why they are releasing it for free UNTIL the 15th of Dec. I wonder if anyone gives a shit though?
yeah isn't there a space game releases on the 16th?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
43. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 19:46 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 19:24:
Makes sense...but I have only found one system with silver to mine from. Maybe I had bad luck? I dunno. I was actually equipped to mine, but gave up because I couldn't find anything to mine. Either way, it was kind of cool to see how it works, but ultimately even more boring than trading.
yeah combat is where this shines

4840 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo