Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5570 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha
4. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha Mar 13, 2015, 11:01 SpectralMeat

LgFriess wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 10:47:
Anybody still playing this? Been hearing they've been patching it up into a decent game. I've been pretty let down by E:D and am looking for that living universe fix until we see what SC brings to the table.
It's a free weekend so why don't you give it a try?

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
3. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Not sure it seems to be steady about the same amount of players as it was around lunch.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Around 1/3rd of the amount of people that plays Euro Truck Sim2

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha
11. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha Mar 13, 2015, 09:32 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 02:04:
IIRC this is multiplayer only,
Really? Can't seem to find any mention of that

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
107. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 13, 2015, 08:23 SpectralMeat

Finally got around to watch the video last night and the fps module does look pretty impressive.
I wonder if they will be able to keep up the level of fidelity for the whole game without making every space stations and bases on planets look too similar.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1138. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 13, 2015, 08:19 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:26:
Is the book any good? I am reluctant to read fan fiction. Or developer fiction. The mass effect games were awesome, but the books were terrible.
It's okay. Not going to be a best seller by any stretch of the imagination but it's not so bad.
I enjoy to read fan fiction books. Read most of the Gears of War books too.
They are not for everyone, but what is?

News Comments > Three Steam Free Weekends
4. Re: Three Steam Free Weekends Mar 12, 2015, 20:22 SpectralMeat

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:41:
Payday 2 is awesome, I picked it up on steam and haven't regretted it.
Most of the DLC is decent, some are IMO overpriced, but that's each to ones own.
TL;DR - Fun game, worth the price
Is it ok to play with bots or do you absolutely need human players to make this fun?

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha Mar 12, 2015, 20:15 SpectralMeat

I am looking forward to this one.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Next Year
12. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 16:15 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 16:10:
Homefront was a complete mess development wise, the multiplayer was disappointing to me as everything felt rather clunky and the lack of micro-destruction really came through (the tanks not being able to drive over a small fence).
Yeah compared to other MP games at the time like BF, the vehicle gameplay was lacking, but I did enjoy it regardless.
It wasn't a triple A game by any stretch of the imagination but it was fun for what it was.

1134. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 12, 2015, 14:43 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:25:
Crazy! They released a new patch that cut the prices of the Vulture (now $5m) and Fer de Lance (now $52m). They also increased the money earned from bounty hunting and selling exploration data.
Good news!
I somehow misunderstood your previous post about the fuel charges.
Anyways, I am reading this book right now and it seems most bounty hunters are flying the Lance or Viper.
According to the fictional World of the book that is

69. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 14:39 SpectralMeat

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:29:
At this point, it really seems everyone has their mind made up about how they feel about the game and it's development process. I mean, every thread about this game is essentially the same. It seems like there are mainly 4 different types of people that post in these threads.

1) Haters - May or may not have backed the game. They have their reasons and they tell everyone what they are in every single thread. I don't understand this group at all, just like I didn't understand this same type pre-D3's release. The whole "I hate this and you should too for all these reasons that make complete sense to me...or you're big, fat, ugly, and dumb!" thing just doesn't really make sense to me. It's not that they are absent of facts in their posts, but there sure are a lot of assumptions that go with them.

2) Fans - Backed the game, some REALLY backed it. They have their reasons and they defend them in every single thread. I don't really get this group either, just like I didn't understand this same type pre-D3's release. The whole "I love this and you should too for all these reasons that make complete sense to me... or you're big, fat, ugly, and dumb!" thing just doesn't really make sense to me. It's not that they are absent of facts in their posts, but there sure are a lot of assumptions that go with them.

3) "Wake me up when Squadron 42 is out" - They backed the game to play the single player. The rest of the game is either a bonus or completely irrelevant. Since they won't be able to play the full single player experience all at once for some time, they are basically in hibernation. I myself fit into this group. I only come here because occasionally the "fans" comment on something I am interested in and I go look it up at the official forums. Sometimes I let myself get sucked into the debate of the day. It's not something I am proud of but hey, I am only human.

4) The Disappointed - These are the people that backed the game and for one reason or another wish they hadn't. Honestly, I very much understand this point of view. Lots of things have changed about the game, not all of it means much to many of the backers, and it's obvious the release date is a ways off. Did Roberts ever say that wasn't a possibility, well no..of course not. That doesn't make it any less disappointing. A great many people have absolutely zero interest in beta testing and yet that is essentially all a great many backers feel like they have to look forward to for the foreseeable future. I think a great many of the people that fall into the "Wake me up for Squadron 42" club fall into this last group as well...or will eventually depending on the length of time it takes to arrive.

Did I miss anyone? I mean, I realize there is a 5th group who may or may not have backed the game, look forward to all aspects of the game, and have decided to just sit tight until release...but since they don't post often it's hard to gauge their number.
ROFLMAO
Great summary!

7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 13:35 SpectralMeat

Oh no you aren't the only one. I have some fond memories of playing this in MP.
I would still play it here and there if there were people online.

4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 12:14 SpectralMeat

The one thing I wish they would add is destructible environment for MP. I don't care about leveling buildings but a guard rail should stop a tank  

2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 11:56 SpectralMeat

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:53:
I am looking forward to it. I realize I am perhaps the only person on the planet looking forward to it...but hey.....the upside is that maybe it will be cheap!
No you aren't. I actually enjoyed the previous game. Even had fun in MP. The progression of the battlefield where everyone starts as a foot soldier and by the end of the game everyone was driving tanks and drones flying all over the place was a lot of fun.

12. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:27 SpectralMeat

Makes you wonder what kind of hardware specifically video card you'll need to run this game at a smooth 60fps.
Just running around in the hangar runs into the single digit frame rates for me at the moment with the GTX760 and 2Gb VRAM.
Hopefully they will do a lot of optimization before this comes out.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
3. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 10:18 SpectralMeat

That will cut down the grey market key sellers  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Collector's Edition Voting Mar 12, 2015, 08:42 SpectralMeat

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 00:05:
http://vote.justcause.com/images/diorama3.png

I hope the scale isn't that skewed. Look how HUGEGANTIC Rico is, especially compared to the pilot inside the cockpit! HAHAH!! That's just a really terrible mock-up job.
Rubeyes

1131. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 12, 2015, 06:45 SpectralMeat

Hey thanks for the heads up Vall.
So I guess fuel scooping is a much better option than buying it

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
12. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 12, 2015, 06:43 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 23:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 21:52:
personman145 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 20:40:
I guess GTA5 will keep me occupied till it comes out.
Hope that won't be delayed again

Do not even fucking joke about that!

Rifle

Sorry about that Cutter

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
12. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 12, 2015, 06:42 SpectralMeat

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 23:58:
Had it not been on Origin, I bet the game would have done a lot better.
Yeah they've said something about learned their lesson about going console specific, so I think TF2 will be cross platform but not sure if EA will allow them to sell the game on Steam. I doubt it.
With that said if there are enough people enjoying this game I am sure TF2 will sell well on Origin.

This free DLC decision was a good one anyways. It's rare to see things like this these days from devs and publishers alike.
I personally have never seen CoD DLC go free.

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
4. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 11, 2015, 21:53 SpectralMeat

I bet this news bodes well with those 3 people that paid for the season pass.  

5570 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo