Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4478 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
16. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 16:25 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 16:09:
Whatever people want to call it, Watch Dogs sold way more than it deserved to frankly. I do have hope for the second iteration but Ubisoft has a tendency to go nuts with quantity over quality. AC2 was a good game but overstayed its welcome IMO and the subsequent games have gone too far with repetitive activities woven into the storyline.
Unless you really care about the story line it is best to skip a few AC games and pick up every 3rd or so. That way you don't burn yourself out and you really notice a big leap from one game to the next.
The last I've played was Ass Creed2 I think I will pick up the next one this Fall.

Hope Ubi won't turn Watch Doge into an annual affair as well.
I haven't played it yet but if I see it dirt cheap used somewhere I'll probably grab it for the console.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
9. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:44 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:33:
record-breaking open-world action game that has sold-in more than 8 million units

What record did it break, exactly?
Best selling Watch Dogs game ever

News Comments > Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU
7. Re: Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU Sep 2, 2014, 16:23 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:14:
Wow that was fast!
Yeah it only took 5 years

News Comments > Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU
3. Re: Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU Sep 2, 2014, 13:42 SpectralMeat

Isn't this too little too late? Are there still people on this planet that did not play L4D2 ?  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 10:00 SpectralMeat

When you purchase this game Steam will create an empty folder on your computer. Everything else is DLC, buy Season pass now while supplies last!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Trial for DragonCon Attendees
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 2, 2014, 09:46 SpectralMeat

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 20:56:
I've been more positive on this project than most here but even I think this is retarded. It isn't a game yet, it's a buggy tech demo. Giving it a trial will just turn people away, it's so far from being complete it'll just give a negative impression.
Now you see what the problem is with Christ Roberts.
He thinks this is in an acceptable state to let people try it.
Oh hey look at this shiny new commercial for a digital ship!

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
7. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 15:53 SpectralMeat

Yeah I meant Freespace sorry  

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
2. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 15:08 SpectralMeat

Well there goes all the hope and dreams for the Freelancer remake.

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Launched
4. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Launched Aug 27, 2014, 16:27 SpectralMeat

I've used to run multiple monitor setup as well but because I've had multiple accounts in EVE. Mining while hauling or fending off rats with the other.
Good times but I kind of got burnt out on EVE. Every now and then I go back on a trial account to see what's changed but the game just doesn't hold my interest anymore.
I am sure if you are playing with a bunch of friends in a large corporation it is different, but with my limited game time available I just can not do that anymore.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 15:56 SpectralMeat

nm  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
18. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:59 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:49:
Couch co-op is such a blast, theres some sort of weird trading/gifting functionality, nemesis stuff and so on.
I've just found out about that nemesis monster stuff today. That's pretty awesome.

NEMESIS MONSTERS (ULTIMATE EVIL EDITION)

Avenge your friends and slay the Nemesis!
In Diablo III - Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition, you and your friends will come to know your most challenging enemy: the Nemesis Monster. When playing with a hero that is level 10 or greater, any non-elite, non-boss monster that defeats you has a chance to turn into a Nemesis monster. The Nemesis monster will then depart the game with a single, sinister intent: hunting down someone on your friends list! Nemesis monsters will not target heroes below level 10 and will never spawn in Hardcore mode.

When a Nemesis monster invades a victimís game, it will spawn near that player as long as he or she is not in town, viewing a cut-scene, or fighting a boss. Each time it kills a player, the Nemesis monster will grow in power, then move to another game from the victimís friends list (up to five times).

Powerful rewards await you and possibly your friend if you are able to defeat a Nemesis Monster.
Link

News Comments > etc., etc.
26. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 14:13 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:11:
Thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately I'm also too busy with real life, so I won't be getting the game, most likely, but I'm definitely looking forward to the release since it sounds awesome.
Your very welcome hope to see you online when the game comes out in a few months

25. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 14:12 SpectralMeat

Short version, that glass frosting over effect is there to make it look cool exiting from hyperspace, and it works!  

22. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 14:06 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 13:49:
I quickly scanned their forums and what I found out was that it's sort of an instanced MMO with up to 32 players simultaneously fighting, though I'm not sure what it's actually like since the only instanced MMO that I played was Global Agenda.
Unless if you mean the distress zones where you go to fight the whole game is basically a living breathing sandbox with live players and Ai mixed all together.
The distress zones are where you go to choose your side and fight against Ai and players of the opposite faction.
Those areas are great for grinding for cash but you have to be careful even your own faction player can turn against you. It is a PvP area with no police present. Anything goes.

Aside from that I am not aware of a MP only arena type game mode (doesn't mean there isn't one). I have to admit though I haven't been playing it much lately life has been kicking my ass.

19. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 13:41 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 13:34:
I assume that the E:D multiplayer isn't like a FPS Eve
It actually is kind of like that
All the ships flying around you are a mix of players and Ai. The only way to know if they are players or Ai is to target them and if the pilot name come up as Cmdr they are player controlled.

So I'd say if you liked the way EVE works with the different security level systems and you never know if you get ambushed by pirates as you approach a station or being chased down by police for carrying illegal goods in your cargo etc., you will love Elite.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2014, 11:10 SpectralMeat

Thinking about grabbing Metro Redux.  

13. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 06:30 SpectralMeat

Elite Dangerous is something special for sure.
I so wish people would get passed the "ohh fuck it is $75 for a beta" mentality at least for this one game and give it a try.
I don't remeber the last game I was this happy to spend money on. I can not thank Braben enough to make this game.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2014, 06:38.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
12. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 16:02 SpectralMeat

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:57:
"leader of 4chan.org and Anonymous"? Yeah. That sounds believable.
It seem legit

News Comments > NBA 2K15 System Requirements
2. Re: NBA 2K15 System Requirements Aug 22, 2014, 13:07 SpectralMeat

Must be a next gen thing  

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
17. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 11:24 SpectralMeat

Just like any other game this wasn't for everyone, but I personally liked it.
Really nice art style to it too, reminded me of City 17 from HL2, interesting mix of the eras.

4478 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo