Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5567 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
39. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 12:09 SpectralMeat

Deathman29 wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:08:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:55:
I have the 2Gb version of the 760.
I was considering getting a new video card the R9-290 in particular is on sale for $300 here in Canada but I like to have shadowplay recorder on the nvidia card.
I was running it on medium settings, but like I said I was just walking around the hangar didn't get out to fly.

Thats probably the big issue then on the card having 2GB. Might have to try low settings.
Also walking in the hanger I got worse FPS than flying in space. They both used similar amount of vRam on the card so its not that great of an example if its hitting the limit.
Ok thanks for the feedback.
I may look into getting a new card but being so close to DX12 I may just wait a bit longer.
Other than AC I didn't notice any major frame rate issues in other games.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
36. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:58 SpectralMeat

Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:42:
I'm not sure how they're going to make it interesting enough for anybody but the captain for it to be worth the hassle of getting people together for a mission, and attempting to do it with public randoms would be agony.
Oh yeah for sure. It's either playing with friends or use Ai to fill the empty seats.

23. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:21 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:17:
Has any "space game" ever done multiplayer crews before? (I'm not sure if EVE has them). It's always seemed cool in theory, but when you start thinking about what people would actually be doing, it kind of falls apart quickly, I'd think.

It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out, gameplay-wise.
Not MP as in 2 person flies the same ship but groups of players in a group with different ships jumping from system to system or fighting in a coordinated attack has been done before.
Eve and before eve Earth and Beyond was another space game like that, which I've spent countless hours playing.
This multi crew stuff sounds interesting but not sure how well it will work in practice.

21. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:18 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:14:
I can't get AC to *download*.

Well I can, but every time it tries to patch it corrupts my entire install and I have to redownload 40+ gigs of data.

I'll see if Squadron 42 works at this point. I can't justify saturating my internet connection for 3 or 4 hours every time SC pushes an update.
For me it works fine but ones I get into the ship and start Arean Commander I get a choice of Drone battle or whatever I have no mouse control or anything.
None of my keyboard input does anything. Tried the buttons on my hotas nothing.
I will disconnect it and try it again see if maybe my X-55 screws something up.

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
69. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 10:59 SpectralMeat

I know it is too early to determine this but don't you think if it is possible to enable/disable certain "features" or apps on your cell phone to stop or control the data collection, than it would be possible to do that on an OS?
We'll see I guess.

67. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 10:30 SpectralMeat

wtf_man wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 10:20:
It's not paranoia. It's not wanting to "become the product". I'm getting sick and fucking tired of all the data-mining / selling my info without my permission (or not given a choice).

I want the option to pay for a product without becoming the product.
You do understand every single company that provides you services does that right?
Starting from you ISP to your bank, cellular, Google, Steam, etc etc.
Sure go off the grid use MS DOS or something if you want, but these days you pretty much have to live like a cavemen to stop the data collection.
Unless you have something to hide I don't see the big deal

Edit: I am not supporting data mining I am just saying if you are using the internet or have a cell phone Win10 is the least of your worries when it comes to data mining.
You can always disconnect the network cable from your pc, can't do that with your bank account or ISP.
At the end of the day it is more pain in the ass to try to be "invisible" than what it's worth, unless you have something to hide.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2015, 10:45.

12. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:55 SpectralMeat

Deathman29 wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:52:
Are you running medium settings? How much vRam does the GPU have? I know at least on High it can chew up 2.5-3.6GB of vRam from what I've seen, which might cause the drop in FPS if you don't have enough on the card.

I have the 2Gb version of the 760.
I was considering getting a new video card the R9-290 in particular is on sale for $300 here in Canada but I like to have shadowplay recorder on the nvidia card.
I was running it on medium settings, but like I said I was just walking around the hangar didn't get out to fly.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2015, 10:17.

9. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:47 SpectralMeat

Deathman29 wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:44:
What type of computer do you have? To run with high settings its a real system killer. It pushes it to the extreme both CPU and GPU.

Though can't say I've had issue recently it was bad a few months ago, but since the 1.0 release its been much better in terms of stability and frame rates.
i5-2500k oc to 4.3Ghz - 12Gb RAM and a GTX760 single monitor 1080p

5. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:31 SpectralMeat

Looks like 2015 is going to be a busy year for SC.
I really don't care about the MP stuff either but I am looking forward to the single player game.

By the way does Areana Commander runs smooth for everyone?
I fired it up last night and didn't get to fly around because it froze up on me on the AC selection screen but I could walk around in the hangar and it ran super slow. I must of had single digit frame rate with medium details on.
So I am just wondering if the dogfihting part of AC runs any better than the hangar?
Also had some texture loading issues, flickering etc.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
24. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 09:02 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 06:27:
How does Win10 looks as a proper OS though?
Friend has it on his computer and he says he likes it.
Much faster and more stable than 8.1

63. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 08:16 SpectralMeat

Julio wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 06:25:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 01:11:
Julio wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:25:
They'll pry Windows 7 from my cold dead hands. This "offer" just shows that Windows 10 is going to be crap. Microsoft has no confidence in it.

It could be purely financial: the cost of giving it away free and not having to support Win 7, 8, & 8.1 anymore is cheaper than having to support all of those and Win 10 well into the future.

Well it would definitely work for Win 8, I can't see anyone keeping that over Win 10. But given the news that Win 10 is going to include a lot of spyware/cloud type applications...who knows.
If you are paranoid about spyware and stuff I think Win10 is the least of your worries.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
708. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 22, 2015, 05:57 SpectralMeat

Did you upgrade both or just with standard equipment?
I might buy a sidewinder and upgrade something on it then sell it and see if the price I get for it is the same I paid.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
9. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 21, 2015, 22:05 SpectralMeat

Now if I could stream my pc to the xbox one that would be awesome.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
706. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 21, 2015, 21:38 SpectralMeat

That is pretty cool.
Did anyone do any analysis if it costs you any extra to just sell your ships and rebuy them vs keep your equipped ship and move it?
For some reason I think you are loosing money buy selling your ship and equipment and rebuy it.

50. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 20:31 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 18:16:
I would only consider it if I can put it on a bootable disk and if Windows Loader releases a version that works with Win10. My guess is this "free upgrade" will not be able to reinstalled for "free" on the same comp or new hardware if I upgraded in 1-2 years. With Win8 a legit copy can be reinstalled 5 times, but not really if you change out the motherboard, which would mean calling Micro for activation.
I really hope they get rid of that atrocious activation process.
How hard would it be to have the ability to deactivate your license prior to do a reformat rebuild etc.
Not that I've had a tons of problems calling them activating windows over the phone but it is just useless/pointless waste.
By now they should know that many home PC users (over the lifespan of the OS) will upgrade their PC or rebuild it.
The Windows OS license doesn't have to die with the old mobo

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 21, 2015, 20:23 SpectralMeat

Interesting stance by Valve.
Tits=censored, extremely graphic
Blowing someone's head off = all good

49. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 19:26 SpectralMeat

Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:20:
If Windows 10 is like $20 a year, sure. If it's like $10-$20 a month, F that noise. As others have said, I'm tired of getting nickle and dimed to death.
I posted a link earlier in this thread clarifying the subscription confusion
In short there is no such thing, and never will be according to MS

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
40. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 18:31 SpectralMeat

Parias wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:34:
What's the problem?
There is no problem, I just didn't understand the reason why you need alpha test patches for an alpha software.

38. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 18:02 SpectralMeat

Iurand wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:56:
Iurand wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:31:
It's new build and it need to to be mass tested. What's so hard to understand?
Ok I see so a new build needs to be mass tested by all the backers to be "released" to the exact same people.
Got it.

Are you suggesting they should release new build without testing it first?
No I thought Arena Commander was serving this exact purpose.
So now I will have the option to opt in to get the beta patches?

29. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 15:56 SpectralMeat

Iurand wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:31:
It's new build and it need to to be mass tested. What's so hard to understand?
Ok I see so a new build needs to be mass tested by all the backers to be "released" to the exact same people.
Got it.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2015, 16:15.

5567 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo