Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5172 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
4. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 14:13 SpectralMeat

Axis wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:09:
However... if they could let you drive around in minivan with kids in the back occasionally being annoying, at least it would be semi-realistic and a decent "simulation" for would-be parents...

Goat Simulator
Grass Simulator

and now due to popular demand, from the makers of the 2014 game of the year winner Cigarette butt Simulator comes Parent Simulator 2015!
Preorder now while supplies last!

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 12:07 SpectralMeat

Seventyfive wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 11:49:
This article was written by one of the people who believes in the death of the PC. The article reads like it was written on an ipad or a cell phone.
Probably on an iPhone 4

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
2. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 10:18 SpectralMeat

I've played the "beta" for a bit, meh.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 2, 2014, 09:26 SpectralMeat

That's strange, most of the feedback I've heard about this update was positive. I guess you can always load KitKat back on if you can't stand 5.0  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
46. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 15:20 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 14:35:
Between inflation and the increasing costs of development advertisement, though, I always find it hard to complain too much.
fixed it for you

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
42. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 11:47 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 11:21:
For the PC, yeah. Consoles had raised the bar to 60 bucks a while before.
Console games are $69.99+tax here in Canada (around $80 in Ontario)
I thought that $10 difference between PC and console game prices was the loyalty fee or something to Sony and Microsoft?
Not really sure why some games cost the same across all platforms though.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
18. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 15:54 SpectralMeat

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 15:51:
Well I'm safe today. No prices I'm willing to pay. I find it interesting that games that have been on sale in recent weeks are actually priced higher now than they were on sale before. I seem to recall that in past sales too. I guess pubs/devs are trying to take advantage of people more willing to throw money around right now.

For that reason this is a good website to keep in the bookmarks: http://isthereanydeal.com/
What I can remember from previous years this sale was always weaker than the actual Steam Christmas sale coming up in a month.
Even then greenmangaming always have a better deal than Steam does. Can't remember the last time I bought a game directly from Steam.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 11:15 SpectralMeat

It's not like this is their first Halo game they release.
I don't understand how an established dev studio like this can be so incompetent.

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed
7. Re: Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed Nov 25, 2014, 11:06 SpectralMeat

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 07:32:
The strategy layer is your basic 4x, like a more focused Civ. The battles you fight are determined by what happens there.
I wish they would release a game that is only RTS, I don't enjoy the 4X aspect of these so much.
I won't be preordering this either.
Not to mention stuff like blood and gore missing from the trailer for obvious future DLC reasons.
I am planning to pick this up ones it is patched up and on sale next year Christmas sale probably

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
75. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 22:06 SpectralMeat

All I got is a Sidewinder and 100 credit. I gotta figure out this money making thing. It wasn't an issue before just went out to the distress signals and started blasting away pirates. I don't even know how to refuel yet lol  

73. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 21:58 SpectralMeat

So how do you start making money than if there are no combat zones, or how do you find them? I am not too sure about these missions yet. The ones I can take on are weird ones and the easy ones aren't available due to lack of standing with the faction.  

3. Re: Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 21:27 SpectralMeat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 20:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 20:27:
I bet people can not wait to preorder this one.
Considering the last total war game, I'm guessing most people are going to wait heavily.

Just a fyi, for anyone who really wants to pre-order it GMG has it on for $33.75/w coupon.
I was being sarcastic.

1. Re: Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 20:27 SpectralMeat

I bet people can not wait to preorder this one.  

66. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 19:21 SpectralMeat

Lorcin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 18:49:

Hate to say it but I fear this game will get marked down because people are used to being spoon fed games now.
yep my thoughts exactly

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
44. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 15:22 SpectralMeat

Zombiegoat213 wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:16:
I keep thinking of Daikatana, and I really hope I am wrong.
70 mill stretch goal: Romero joins the team

63. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 15:13 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:38:
By the way the gamma is pretty buggy, using TrackIR and mouse controls the menus are just all screwed up. TrackIR moves the menus around and I think it causes issues with the mouse. Even with the joystick controls in the menu the "enter" key doesn't register I actually have to hit enter on my keyboard. Hope that will get patched up because it is pretty annoying.
I also have to learn how to navigate the map, took on a mission to deliver some booze and I've had no clue where to go. Checked the mission blurb but couldn't find the station I was supposed to deliver to.

I only use the galaxy map for planning multiple system jumps, if it is a single jump mission I find it is much easier to use the menu on the left (the one with missions) to find the system your travelling to (if it is within your range, at the bottom of the menu with local planets/stations)... I have gotten 1 mission so far without a specific station to go to, it had a system listed so I tried the 3 stations in the system and finished it on the 3rd. It was a delivery mission as well (Fish I think).
You know I think the problem was I was looking for the station in the wrong system. The game started me up in some L3.. whatever system and the delivery was supposed to be made to a station in L3... whatever system so I was looking for the station on the left side in the menu but other than asteroid belts and planets I did not see the station there.
I ended up canceling the mission, I will try another one tonight.
I am pretty sure I needed to do a system jump but I didn't pay attention to what system I was supposed to deliver and what system I was in.
Most missions were paying like 1,000-2,000 credit this one was almost 4k so.

I wanted to go to SOL system too but it was too far and the computer didn't let me jump due to not enough fuel.
So yeah there are a lot of things I gotta learn before the game goes live.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
14. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 14:48 SpectralMeat

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:39:
Spectralmeat you forgot to put in your obligatory dig at Star Citizen on your post. Edit that shit in man
Sorry about that, I'll make sure I won't make that mistake again.

61. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 14:46 SpectralMeat

Bundy wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:14:
Given that, there's gonna be another save game wipe before release.
Yeah that is fine, at least I gotta get used to the navigation and how to get around so I can start working on missions ones the game goes live.
I haven't played it since beta 1
Even docking was an issue last night, practice practice practice

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
1. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 10:05 SpectralMeat

That's pretty awesome of them, also some details about how to run the game, all included in the package:

For PC only. Requires Windows XP or greater

Package includes a disk image of the original Elite for BBC Micro B; BeebEm, a BBC Micro and Master 128 emulator that enables you to run BBC Micro software on your PC; and instructions for getting started with both BeebEm and Elite.

59. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Armengar wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 08:57:
The sheer fact that refunds are being offered at all is a plus.
Definitely since the other space game doesn't offer any. It will be interesting to see the drama from those $10,000+ backers when something they wanted to have in that game won't make it in.
Then Chris will give us a washing machine or clothes hanger for our hanger and it will be all good, like a Jedi mind trick.

By the way the gamma is pretty buggy, using TrackIR and mouse controls the menus are just all screwed up. TrackIR moves the menus around and I think it causes issues with the mouse. Even with the joystick controls in the menu the "enter" key doesn't register I actually have to hit enter on my keyboard. Hope that will get patched up because it is pretty annoying.
I also have to learn how to navigate the map, took on a mission to deliver some booze and I've had no clue where to go. Checked the mission blurb but couldn't find the station I was supposed to deliver to.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2014, 09:51.

5172 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo