Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5445 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
13. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 11:10 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:01:
"It's not delayed!"

two days later

"It's delayed."

Fuckers.
According to Blue in the "no delay" thread
that no delay announcement was 2 weeks ago, it doesn't make a huge difference anyways

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
6. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 10:58 SpectralMeat

Hopefully that 65Gb is compressed a bit for the download  

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
44. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 13, 2015, 10:54 SpectralMeat

Blue wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:49:
Since the post from Rockstar was made a while before this story appeared here, the span between this announcement and the delay was more like two weeks.

Doesn't really alter your point, but I wanted to make sure that was clear.
Thanks for the clarification Blue
Yeah still I am sure they knew this long before. Why bother confirming one thing if it isn't true.
A simple "no comment" would have been a much more respectable answer from them

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
538. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 10:26 SpectralMeat

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 10:23:
Killing will never make you as much money as rare trade runs

Can I accomplish this with my Adder or do I need a bigger or different ship?
Not the Adder but the transport ship Hauler I think it's called would be a better option.
Pretty much after 1 night or 2 you'll have enough money to buy a Cobra, then a transport ship like the lakon type 6
If you scroll back in this thread there was a conversation about this with the map to the trade route and the goods you have to buy and where to sell them.
Basically you are buying stuff for 800 credit and sell them for 20,000
The bigger the cargo hold the more you can stuff in and more profit you make per hour so you'll want to upgrade to a bigger ship as soon as possible.
I have a type6 now with 100ton capacity and I can comfortably fit everything in but a Cobra will be good enough for making tons of money.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
41. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 13, 2015, 10:13 SpectralMeat

So I guess they've lied about the game not being delayed.
March 24th is the new date
I don't get their mentality of confirm there is no delay and 4 days later they delay the game.
They didn't know 4 days ago the game will be pushed back?

536. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 09:29 SpectralMeat

Can't wait to get an Asp myself.
The lens effects inside the cockpit look amazing

shot1
shot2

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
5. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 09:25 SpectralMeat

Razumen wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:14:
You guys really have something special going on for Derek don't you

I've never played any of his games, but it's fun to watch all the drama that inevitably unfolds around news about him, especially since the Bluesnews community is such an "optimistic" place.

I hear ya.
I've never played any of his games either, but these threads are always entertaining to read.
Although the Star Citizen threads getting close to top the Derek Smart ones these days

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
3. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 09:14 SpectralMeat

You guys really have something special going on for Derek don't you  

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
21. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 13, 2015, 08:25 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 02:19:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:41:
4K is old tech anyways. 5K is the shit

Pssh. Man, are you out of touch. 5K is SO 2014. 8K is the new hotness.

All I need is a quad 790Ti setup to run the 8k tv/monitor at 20fps
Seriously though, even 4k seems to be a waste for tv unless you go up to 80-90 inches in size.
Even for that there isn't a heck of a lot of 4k content out there.
I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between 4k and 8k at normal viewing distances anyways.

535. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 08:18 SpectralMeat

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 07:56:
I think I have made a TOTAL of about 1 Million since release...

Have to start killing faster with my Viper
Killing will never make you as much money as rare trade runs.
It is super boring but ones you get into a better ship with a large jump distance the trade runs will be shorter, and ones you can get into an Asp you can kill some stuff while doing the trade run to switch it up a bit.
I've made nearly 1 mill just last night alone. Previously when I was just killing things I was making about 200,000 - 300,000 on a good night and hardly 10,000 on a bad night.

533. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 06:10 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 01:42:
Gah! I'm conflicted. Do I sell my clipper and rebuy the Asp, totally pimped up? 25+ ly range, but only 84 cargo, but I can pretty much do anything, bounty hunt, fight, explore, rare trade. Or keep the clipper, and suffer through it's limited jump range. I can sell 242t of cargo but basically go from point A to B...over and over.

edit:
Re-bought Asp. I haven't flown the Python but, so far, the Asp has been the best ship in the game for me. And now, I can use the $25 mill on the clipper to upgrade it pretty severely.
I feel so bad for you for being so poor.
Damn you Vall
What's the jump range of the Type9?
I can not get more than 25 out of my type6 unless I take the shields and some of the cargo expanders off, but I like to have 100ton of cargo space

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
66. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 20:36 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:15:
That's software development. There are delays, that's just how it goes, but it doesn't mean anything is awry.

There only fault, I guess, is making this an open project and not completely closed from public consumption until they're done. Yet they can't do that with a crowd funded project. So, do you see the catch 22? You just have to suffer the wait and try and be a part of the development, as they are intending. Did you know Diablo 3 took an estimated 10 years to develop? World of Warcraft an estimated 7? Shit takes time, and delays are simply a reality in a creative process.
I understand that but don't you agree the added features he piled on to the base game add to the development time?
Don't you think it would have been better to have the core game developed, up and running before working on the addons?
That is all I am saying.

They could do that for the single player part, release it episodically, why can't they do that with the rest of the game. Release Star Citizen and work on the ship boarding and all the other stuff he wants.
I am pretty sure most people backed this game for the Space game, all the extra fluff could have come later.

63. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 18:25 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:57:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 16:12:

Edit: I just dislike the direction he runs his business with the `mo money `mo money `mo money mentality instead of the let's focus on finishing the damn game.
If he has a killer game in the making he will be making money with it years after it's released with expansions, new ships etc.
But he seem to be focused on riding the hype train get as much in funding as possible instead.

I get what you are saying, but that's what Chris does. He's the front man. He's the ideas man. And this game is extremely ambitious, and that takes money. So, he's raising that money. He's got 200 people working for him to make the game. No one is forcing you to buy those $10K ships, so how are you affected? Those whales are funding the game for us minnows. And they're making content, showing demos, releasing alpha code, it's being iterated, etc. etc. This is not DNF where you'd wait literally years for a few screenshots in PCG. They show weekly progress. Are they delayed? Yes, just like 80% of all software projects ever.
and why is the delay?
Is it because they have programming issues or is it because the space ship game we've helped them kickstart turned into a swiss army knife of a game.
Wouldn't you rather play the beta version right now and have the first person module added in later as a dlc, than wait another year or two before we even see any actual "game"
Who knows by the time this all should be finished they will add another 20 features to the game that will keep it from being finished another few years.

55. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:49 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:46:
I don't care one way or another if you like or dislike their ways or them personally, nor have I suggested such. How many ways do I have to say that? I am only interested in why you think they aren't making the game or if the problem is that they aren't making it as fast as you would like? Can you not answer that question? Why did yo back them if you have doubts? Is that not a huge contradiction?
When I've backed them this game was supposed to be a fraction of what it is today.
If I could I would get my money back now.
I did believe in them than I don't believe in them now.
Is this clear enough answer to your question?
If not I give up man

530. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 12, 2015, 17:36 SpectralMeat

LOL!
I did see one Clipper coming into the station last night as I was leaving and I know they are very wide ships.
I didn't get to try the Type9 or Anaconda in the beta. Tbh I didn't buy any ships in the beta I kept playing with the Sidewinder.

51. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:30 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:11:
I think you're refusing to believe that they're not focused on making the game because having something to flame about on the internet is more sensational and fun for you, but whatever.
I wouldn't have backed the project if this would be true.
I have my doubts about Chris Roberts and company and I've shared those doubts with you since you seem to be very interested why I dislike their ways.
If any of my replies to your questions seem like flaming then yeah I guess I am one of those flamers
Especially when I smell the snake oil

528. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 12, 2015, 16:28 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 06:37:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 23:19:
True. I haven't flown a cobra in a while. There's a lot more inertia than I remember. I keep after burning and looping towards the mail slot only to find the turning radius isn't what I'm expecting.
Yeah if the speed gage is out of the blue zone the turning radius goes to shit.
This is even more pronounced in bigger ships. The Type6 is like steering a whale if you are not in the blue speed zone

The clipper turns on a dime, though! That ship is soooo fast.
Yeah I meant the space trucks like the Type9
That thing looks like it barely fits through the mail slot.

49. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 16:12 SpectralMeat

I am not dis informing anybody I am pretty sure people on this board are well informed about Star Citizen.
You seem to have a problem with my opinion on Chris Roberts.
Well I am truly sorry about that.
Maybe if he would stop acting like a rock super star on stage, throwing Star Citizen Con gatherings and such for a game that is "according to you" 2 years away that would help me get over the snake oil salesman feel.
Just my opinion dude.

Edit: I just dislike the direction he runs his business with the `mo money `mo money `mo money mentality instead of the let's focus on finishing the damn game.
If he has a killer game in the making he will be making money with it years after it's released with expansions, new ships etc.
But he seem to be focused on riding the hype train get as much in funding as possible instead.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2015, 16:20.

47. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 15:03 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:54:
what makes you decide that CIG is selling snake oil?
I can't put my finger on a single thing but those $10,000 virtual space ships for a not existing game has something to do with it.

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
13. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 14:41 SpectralMeat

4K is old tech anyways. 5K is the shit  

5445 Comments. 273 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo