Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5941 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
7. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 10:36 SpectralMeat

edaciousx wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 10:32:
I haven't been following closely but I'm getting a little annoyed at how long this is taking.
Oh we are still very far off of anything that can be called finished.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2015, 10:42.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
11. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 16:24 SpectralMeat

I didn't play any MP at all. Usually playing against the Ai in demo derbies and races. Kids and I are having a blast playing it, but like I said I haven't checked it out in a while.
Not sure how much SP they can add to a racing game.
Those screenshots do look pretty bad though, wtf

9. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 15:18 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:09:
Next Car Game seems to be stuck in development hell, they just released an overhaul of their engine and the visuals took a pretty big step backwards.
It did? I haven't checked it out in a while but I did see the e-mail about changing the engine.
Well that sucks

2. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 10:10 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 09:59:
I thought Next Car Game was Flatout 3.
Next Car Game is developed by the original FlatOut game devs BugBear. I don't think they own the franchise
Flatout 3 was done by Team 6 like Blue mentioned it above.

News Comments > F1 2015 Specs
5. Re: F1 2015 Specs Jul 8, 2015, 10:07 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 09:44:
theglaze wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 23:50:
Don't expect this to run smoothly from the start, regardless of what you're running for a rig. I recall waiting 3 months for SLI support with F1 2012.
F1 2012 was an abomination. I avoided buying it, as SLI support was broken in the demo and I checked out the forums - it was strange as F1 2011 worked fine. F1 2013 was fine as well, so I think it was a one off.
2011 and 2013 were done by the same developer.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
24. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 14:27 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 14:17:
Desalus wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 13:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 10:45:
Jesus, could that clown have had his tongue up his ass any further? And then they wonder why no one takes game "journalists" seriously.

As Sean took the ship into space I had to laugh/cringe when the IGN journalist said, "That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space." He said it as if he had NEVER seen a trailer of this game before. Nothing that was shown off looks very exciting and yet he acts like everything he is witness to is groundbreaking. Sean shows him two moons and he exclaims "Oh my goodness."

He clearly enjoys tossing some salad.
Guys this is IGN you are watching. What did you expect?

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
125. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 14:11 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 13:52:
So legitimate question. Assuming Star Citizen *does* ship and is awesome and everyone is mollified, or at least as mollified as the mob can ever be... Who is going to buy it when it's finished? They've already arguably sold the living fuck out of the game and monetized it to new heights...

What's their post-launch revenue stream look like? I mean, the cloud of servers to run the PU must be significant, along with the cost of administering the game.

You'd have to see Minecraft levels of purchases to sustain the game for the long term.

That's one reason why I think some people doubt that the ship sales will ever go away. I just don't see any other revenue stream.
I think they will just pull a Project Cars 2 and drop Star Citizen 1 as soon as it's pushed out the door and start the kickstarter campaign of Star Citizen 2
You've heard it here first!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
11. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 12:55 SpectralMeat

Looks pretty shallow to me.
Is this even going to be released to the PC at the same time as the PS4 version comes out or is this a timed exclusive?

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
6. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:55 SpectralMeat

Kajetan wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 09:48:
Vio wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 09:39:
The end is nigh.
SC will be released soon? Good news, everyone!!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 18:21 SpectralMeat

Kajetan wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:50:
No "but". PC versions make money!
There is a difference between making money and making lots of money.
At some point Kotick will look at the measly profits the PC version makes and just fold the operation and give the PC devs something else more profitable to work on.
I am seriously interested to know how many of these map packs they actually sell on the PC for example

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
11. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 17:53 SpectralMeat

1badmf wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:27:
st louis is a little OP man. irritates the fuck outta me when i have to go up against one in one of my battleships. HE does way too much damage against armored targets and its rate of fire is ridic.
Yeah I agree HE is a bit too much with the fires. Judging by the whining on the forum I think they will nerf that in the future. They've nerfed it a few times since the 4.0 patch which introduced this insane fire starting properties of HE.
Before that everyone was using AP always against any ships.

By the way if StLouis irritates you in your Battleship, wait until you see the high tier US cruisers like the Phoenix or the Atlanta. Those things rain fire on you. The Atlanta can pretty much continuasly fire it looks like raining bullets.

4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 15:17 SpectralMeat

Yeah dare I say it, it's actually fun to play this but it doesn't seem to be very popular for some reason.
I think the console version are much more popular. The opposite is true with BF4

2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 14:20 SpectralMeat

I think they normally release the last map pack about a month or so before the next game comes out. This game is pretty much completely dead on the PC anyways.
I was trying to get in the other night to play a round or two of MP and it was just sitting on the looking for matches screen for literally minutes and couldn't find any.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 13:19 SpectralMeat

Frijoles wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:04:
There's a chat? Here's the typical chat I see:

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Then again, I play co-op against bots.
Damn those bots are rude not to say hello back to you

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
5. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 11:08 SpectralMeat

I've been playing this for a few months now and the game is a lot of fun. It's not for everyone, but since it is free give it a try. Nothing to loose but some of your monthly bandwidth to download the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
54. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 09:36 SpectralMeat

Krowen wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 09:34:
I'm just glad I got my $1500 back.
Holy shit dude! Amazed

51. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 16:14 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 15:53:
"Oh Noes! Our game isn't going to get out on time! Sorry folks!" Next day: "Just saying if you want to drop 500 bucks on a ship that will help us fund the game and ensure things like the delay we mentioned yesterday won't happen again, you totes can!"
LOL!
Wouldn't surprise me

46. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 08:33 SpectralMeat

Their designer team is doing a pretty sweet job though, this ship looks like something out of a Star Wars movie.
I am not buying anything though just window shopping

News Comments > World of Warships Bundle Resolution
6. Re: World of Warships Bundle Resolution Jul 1, 2015, 08:06 SpectralMeat

I am glad they've made this right. Especially considering the value of those packs. Most people only paid $1 for what's basically a $40 ~ $45 package.
Also interesting on the forum the EU peeps reaction. Since this pack was only available for NA, people from the EU are calling us whiners for fighting WG to make this right.
Interesting mentality

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
17. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 30, 2015, 08:05 SpectralMeat

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:31:
Well it's a game of time to train, my friend took a 2 year break and started playing again with 50 million less skill points and he's wishing he paid the two years to keep it going. We make pretty good money so it's not like it'd really going to affect any part of our daily lives to spend 140$ a year on it.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you are doing something wrong, it is your money spend it however you like.

5941 Comments. 298 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo