Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 3879 (Veteran)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
13. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 13:51 SpectralMeat

BitWraith wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:47:
I played 1-3. I'm over the series now. The sorta lost me with the main guy's mom being a giant insect. Cool visuals, but each game was exactly the same.
Yeah the story line in Gears was a very emotional one. Probably Cliffy wrote it himself.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
2. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 12:10 SpectralMeat

People still not tired of this franchise? Guess if CoD can do it so can Gears.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
3. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 11:49 SpectralMeat

harlock wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:14:
this is a preorder perk
Thanks no thanks

News Comments > Steam Top 10
63. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 07:19 SpectralMeat

Can't believe those survivor games are still selling so well. I am also glad to see The Next Car Game is on that list. It is such an awesome game, with a lot of potential.

I've started playing Heartsone last week and I am totally addicted to it. I've never played any card games before, somehow they've never interested me much, until now.
Feel free to add me to your friends list on Battle.net if you play Heartstone
My b.net name is the same as here

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 SpectralMeat

JaguarUSF wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 06:56:
And here it is.
Thanks for the review Jaguar.
Looks alright but I don't think it is my cup of tea.
Maybe grab it on sale down the line sometimes.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
54. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 15:45 SpectralMeat

Could be.
I've been kicked from a server where the admin was camping. He sniped me a few times until I went after him and shot him a few times. He kept camping in the same spot anyways, and I didn't realize he was the admin until he kicked me out.

I personally don't like campers but I rarely pay much attention to them unless they become really annoying, like that admin in the BF game was.
Then they get some special attention

52. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 15:35 SpectralMeat

Maybe it was one of those "no swearing" servers.  

40. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:05 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:03:
Hahah you played on Men of God, didn't you? I used to love listening to those wackos try to convert random CoD teenagers who would unleash a verbal abuse that would make a sailor raise an eyebrow.

It was fun though, it is a really weird sensation of listening to these guys talking about god and stuff while shooting the shit out of each other in CoD

37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 12:56 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:49:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:47:
I find it even more annoying when the server is named Christian clan or some such nonsense. I guess that they are killing for Jesus or something. That's what Jesus would have wanted is for his followers to virtually kill people when their not worshiping. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too. I true Christian has no business playing such violent games and to think otherwise would certainly be considered a sin in their own religion. It makes me laugh every time.

YES, that's the best. "We love this violent and profane game but if you use bad words in chat we will ban you." They would run a DayZ server and kick anyone who dared use the built-in middle-finger gesture.
I've used to play on a WaW server that was all Christian people.
The games were good and I've enjoyed the Christian debates in the chat, made for some fun nights.
As long as you don't take them seriously, funny to hear how upset some people can get over certain subjects.
Regardless most people in those games were adults and the games were fun even though it was a CoD title. I think that was the last CoD I've enjoyed playing online.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
32. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 23, 2014, 12:53 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:40:
Will it play on my laptop?
I don't see why it wouldn't.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 11:03 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 10:52:
You must be American. Kill Good. Sex bad. Video games aren't allowed to have sex, movies can.
Yeah I find that very strange too, how people find sexual material "offensive" but killing is okay, that is not offensive at all.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 10:14 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 10:07:
Some are saying the guy with the snowblower who broke it should be liable. But then again should a piece of glass be in such a public at such a cost? It seems like a trap. I mean why not install a 4.5 million dollar piece of glass instead and have some sap pay for it?
Yeah my thoughts exactly.
They should have insurance coverage on that. Accidents happen, I am sure the guy with the snowblower wasn't intending to smash the glass.
No normal working person can afford to pay $450k for a piece of glass. Especially if the guy was out there clearing snow I am sure he is not a millionaire and just goes to work cuz there's nothing on TV.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 09:17 SpectralMeat

450k for a piece of glass?
Ouch

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
42. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 23, 2014, 07:18 SpectralMeat

Julio wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 20:08:
Of all games ever made, Star Citizen is least likely to stop taking money.
Oh I know, was just an example I gave, but I know it is not likely to happen.
The Roberts Space Industries wants all the money they can get.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
30. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 23, 2014, 07:15 SpectralMeat

I've played this last night and I think it is awesome.
Played through the tutorial missions, created a custom deck, beat and unlocked the first hero and then went online and played my first match, ended up winning too.
So far so good.
Very easy to get into and fun to play.
I can see myself spending some time with this game, might end up even spending some real money on it, but so far I don't see any reasons to do so.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 07:12 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:57:
it's not like 10-15 years ago, when we were replacing video cards every year.

I remember those days, don't miss them one bit.
I am also in the $300~$350 range when it comes to video cards. I don't remember spending more than that on cards.
My latest purchase the GTX760 was actually cheaper came in at around $250 due to some price error on the day they came out.
If anything I might grab another one and SLI them.
Remeber reading reviews that the 2X 760 in SLI is around the same performance as a single Titan.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 20:27 SpectralMeat

Looking forward to your review.
It sounds promising so far.

38. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 19:11 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:56:
/scam?

It isn't going to meet people's expectations.......probably not going to end well....

Well it's interesting that somehow they're going to magically hit 40 million and then it's going to stop.
Maybe at 40 mill they will stop taking any more money, and people will not be able to back it until the game comes out.
Sort of what Project CARS did.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2014, 19:08 SpectralMeat

Holy video card batman. If I'd spend that much on just a video card my wife would probably kill me.
Wonder how profitable it really is for Nvidia to create such monster video cards.

10. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 10:14 SpectralMeat

Slinkycatz wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:39:
Estimated dogfighting module release is in late March to April.
Same time frame Elite Dangerous Beta supposed to be out.
It will be interesting. I hope this game will turn out great, but it will take a lot of time to finish this beast up.

3879 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo