Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4412 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
103. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 30, 2014, 05:56 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on May 29, 2014, 23:06:
So SM, if I buy in tomorrow, once the new beta goes live, do I still get the expansion?
Of course!
Premium Beta comes with all expansions.
The way I've looked at it if I wait until the game comes out I'd pay $50 for the game plus $50 for the expansions.
If I want in the premium beta and play today it costs me $50 more, and I support an amazing game to be made today.
I threw $50(extra) at games I should have never done.
Frontier well deserve my money, but I understand others who decide to wait or don't have the cash to spend on the game. It is all good.
The game client was just updated this morning so beta is imminent
Today is going to suck at work!
https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/472314702799052800

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

97. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 22:57 SpectralMeat

In case any of you wanted to give the DCS A10C a try, this is how you start her up:
http://youtu.be/8gHE-nwqRzg

First comment under the video is priceless

80. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 16:24 SpectralMeat

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:58:
I considered that Thrustmaster HOTAS but I don't like the idea of cheap HOTAS - I went with a mid-range single stick for the same price and I'm pleased with the Mad Catz / Saitek FLY5. Best trim control I've ever used excluding real aircraft.
I'll see how the X-55 works out, people complaining about a bunch of quality issues. If it has problems I will return it and get a CH Products Pro throttle and Flight stick.
Those things last forever, even though they look like utter crap compared to Saitek products.
I was looking at the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS also, and while it is a really nice controller, I just don't have the spare $500 to spend on that. I am not a hardcore flight sim person I play other games too so spending that kind of money wouldn't be very smart for my usage.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
27. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 15:34 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2014, 15:15:
A major update to the netcode? All it needs is more than 10 ticks per second for client updates... heck even 30 would fix most issues.
Nahh man it is way more complicated than that. You have no idea.
Just like the mod tools they did not want to release those for BF3 because they were way too complicated for the community.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
23. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 14:57 SpectralMeat

NegaDeath wrote on May 29, 2014, 14:49:
Maybe it's just me but I get turned off seeing a preorder for the next game when they're still patching and releasing DLC for the previous game. Guess I'm just too old fashioned.
No it is not just you.
They are trying to pull a CoD with BF. Good luck to them.

71. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 14:04 SpectralMeat

Trevellian wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:15:
I have looked at the DCS games on steam before and they simply just offend me with their prices. 20-50 dollars per plane module? They can eat a big fat one.
I don't think they are that expensive but I know they are not cheap.
I think the bundles that includes a few planes or helicopters are going for $50 individual planes or helicopters are like $15.
It is still not cheap but it is more in line with all the other games that are setup this way like iRacing for example where each car or track costs $12 or so.
DCS is the ultimate sim for planes and helicopters, the amount of detail those guys put into that game is just insane, and no other game comes close to it.

There are other games out there too like X-Flight or IL2-Cliffs of Dover.
Cliffs of Dover apparently is a pretty good game with the mods.
World of Warplanes if you are into pay2win games.

66. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 13:11 SpectralMeat

Trevellian wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:07:
Creston wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:39:
jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:38:
Without yet reading this thread, there's sure to be a bunch of "I told you it was a scam!" comments.

Actually, about 80% of it is about how awesome Elite:Dangerous looks.

I'd have more interest in that game if their ship design wasn't boring as fuck. I don't want to fly a trapazoid wedge through space.

However I need something to try my X-55 Rhino with, it came last week and has just been sitting here. Tried it with IL-2 Sturmovik but it took like 5 fan made patches just to get the damn game to work in a broken state. So that was a failure. I tried Freespace 2 as well, where the stick side worked, but it doesn't recognize the throttle side. So I really don't know what to try it with at the moment.
Not all the ships look like that, only the starter ones, which you can upgrade from quiet quickly anyways. Plus there is no external view during flying so you only see your ships cockpit anyways.

As for the Rhino mine was just delivered and it sits on my desk next to me at work.
Arma uses it as well as all the DSC games. I believe Rise of flight also can be controlled with it.
You can try RoF for free here:
http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

64. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 13:07 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2014, 13:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:15:
IL2 does look really good, watched some gameplay vids last night.
However I've gotta lay low for a bit or my wife will have my head. Have to figure out how to hide the CC statements for a few month

I wonder if you can pick up an Amazon card at Safeway or Ralph's, then use Amazon Payments to buy it, and pay that with the Amazon Card? Then the CC statement would show the supermarket. She's happy, you're happy, it's win-win!

It doesn't matter it comes out of the same pocket anyways.
I just have to slow down a bit with the spending. I will grab IL2 for sure but for now I am too addicted to Elite anyways, and I have a crap ton of unplayed games so if you guys see "free time" on sale anywhere let me know.

16. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 12:37 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:26:
Those DICE promises and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.
PREORDER NAOWWW!! for only $59.99 while supplies last!
The "deluxe edition" will guarantee you a spot in the beta test which will run for 2 days between Tuesday and Thursday premium members get in 12 hours early.
Oh oh oh and you get beta access to BF5 whenever that will come out, probably around Feb. 2015.
Just preorder it now.
Don't worry about BF3 being free this game will never get discounted or be free never ever. We promise

50. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 12:23 SpectralMeat

Silent Bob wrote on May 29, 2014, 12:19:
The problem is that Kickstarter and crowd funding forces devs to promise very aggressive and unrealistic timelines to drum up interest. No one wants to fund a game that will be in development for four years.
Which is fine but how many times did they delay the dogfight module now?
If you keep giving people release dates, people expect you to deliver on those dates. Well so far they've delivered excuses and towels for your hanger

12. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 12:00 SpectralMeat

Battlefield series won't see a yearly release anytime soon
I know this is not Dice developing this game but still.
No annual BF game guys no worries, few months later they announce a new BF game.

41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 11:46 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on May 29, 2014, 11:40:
There are plenty of other games out there, can't people play those while they wait for SC?
No because they've hyped SC up so much that people are on the edge to play it.
So much so that some people continually throw money at it. Hoping that it will make that game come out sooner.
I think at this point more money will not help this game to be finished sooner. Some focus on the development side of things would however.

39. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 11:35 SpectralMeat

grudgebearer wrote on May 29, 2014, 11:27:
Half their forum threads concerning this delay are smattered with people shitting on Elite.
I think I saw 1 or 2 threads mentioning this delay on the Elite forum, and those were locked pretty quickly too.
Maybe people backing Elite are a bit more mature than the avg SC backer.

36. Re: Elite beta May 29, 2014, 11:09 SpectralMeat

LgFriess wrote on May 29, 2014, 11:02:
SM, how do you like that TrackIR? I keep almost pulling the trigger then scatter braining off in another direction. Haven't been playing anything to use it with lately anyway but there are a number of upcoming titles I could definitely see some use for it.
I like it a lot but it does take some adjustments to feel right. I play racing games, Arma, and now Elite and some other games that uses it. Initially got it for Euro Track Sim2
If you are tight for money or don't think you'll use it much there are DIY alternatives: http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15316

The TrackIR initial cost can be a bit steep if you only use it for one game.

32. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 10:14 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:06:
definitely stop giving release dates for anything.
Unless they know for sure they can deliver.
They've been trying to deliver this dogfight module for about 6 months now.
By all means take the time and make it right but why bother with unrealistic release dates and then keep coming up with excuses.

Looking at the weekly news letters and stuff I think they do so many things at the same time as opposed to focus on making the game.
They have these "TV show" style videos with space ship competitions and stuff.
Couldn't this wait until after the game is finished?

28. Re: Elite beta May 29, 2014, 09:41 SpectralMeat

No problem
By mouse button I meant Joystick or controller button. Not too many people plays with mouse and kb but it is possible never the less, it's just harder than using a joystick.

26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 09:32 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:22:
OK, last question (giggling that elite has taken over the SC thread): I think I have like a 560 GTX at home (can't remember). Is it going to run like shit on that? (Looking at watchdogs performance) It's finally looking like I might need to upgrade my video card, but I really wasn't wanting to do that right now...

edit: (Thanks!)
Not sure how it would run on your PC, I have a 760 GTX and it runs fluid on my machine. In comparison the SC hangar module runs like shit. I am getting like 30-40fps running around the hanger.
I haven't started up fraps to check frame rate in Elite but it is at least 60fps
Check their forum: http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30
They have a few threads about this but I can not find them atm

Edit: found one - http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8231

This comment was edited on May 29, 2014, 09:38.

25. Re: Elite beta May 29, 2014, 09:26 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:21:
Spectral, does the game feature Newtonian motion? Or to put it more simply can i get manual thruster control? I.E. Can I fire main engines to set me goin in one direction, and then change my attitude so that I face in a different direction (while continuing my motion in the first direction) to do strafing runs or the like? (Think battlestar galactica)
Yes, many people have the "flight assist" mapped to one of their mouse button and they toggle on and off to make quick turns.
Here is a video demonstrating it: http://youtu.be/1KAJuR5giGo

22. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 09:15 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:08:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 08:58:
If you want the premium beta which starts tomorrow it is $150 but it also includes all the DLC packs that will be released for the game.
The regular beta is $80 I believe, but no release date announced for that yet.

Ouch...expensive. Im on the fence between this and IL2:BOS. IL2 has more polish and is feature locked, its also cheaper so Ill probably go in that direction....Decisions, decisions....argh...
Just get both
IL2 does look really good, watched some gameplay vids last night.
However I've gotta lay low for a bit or my wife will have my head. Have to figure out how to hide the CC statements for a few month

20. Re: Elite beta May 29, 2014, 09:11 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:06:
Please let me now how you like it. I'm a penny pincher, I won't be able to join you before the release of the final version, WHICH MIGHT COME OUT BEFORE Star Kitten DF Module!
I love it so far but only have access to the old Alpha 1.1 build
Made a few videos of some beginner dog fighting, as I am practicing with my joystick and TrackIR.
It's been 10+ years since I've used a joystick for any game

Here are my vids:
http://youtu.be/wrQDP_91Yaw
http://youtu.be/ILhJ5O7ZQZ8

4412 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo