Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4840 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
10. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 10:13 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:08:
Seems like this is the start of a 6 month plan to try and sell Hardline. At the end of the day this company is only looking for a way to get $60 out of you.

First we'll admit our mistake. We'll spend 2 weeks letting fans no we screwed up, we've changed, we're not going to do that again, blah blah blah. Then we'll start talking about how we have been spending tons of extra time improving our servers for Hardline, the best battlefield game yet! Now we're into December after the rush of new games come out and things have quieted down a bit. We'll create a video that looks like our devs just threw it together, lots of footage in our studio, and we'll show the game working and people paying it and having fun.

Then we'll spend some more time talking about how much we've changed, it's a new year people love hearing about changes around the new year. We're a new dice! That will be our message for 2015.

February we'll start talking about all the awesome features that hardline will have and we'll announce the preorder details and bonus stuff you get with it! We'll even have free stuff for the game to show people how sorry we are. Everyone gets a custom pistol with scope to show how much we appreciate them!

We should be seeing tons of pre-orders and in March we'll be on track to sell a million copies, we'll release march 15 or March 30, whatever the pre-order numbers look best on and then we'll start working on the sales campaign for Battlefront!

*yes man* Will Hardline be any good?

*AD man* Have you been listening? Who cares if it's good, once you got pre-order numbers it's time to move on to the next project and ship that POS.
That pretty much sums it up.
I am actually surprised that they did remember to change BF4 from BF3 in the copy and paste apology statement.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
11. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:02 SpectralMeat

Oh yeah CJ usually have some pretty entertaining things to say  

8. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:59 SpectralMeat

LOL !
That's True Prez

4. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:31 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 09:28:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 09:22:
I think Blue should only report every 10 million increase because otherwise we'll have SC updates every second day.

Being a Wing Commander fan, I wonder how much (if any) Blue has chipped in?

I bet he went all out

2. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:22 SpectralMeat

I think Blue should only report every 10 million increase because otherwise we'll have SC updates every second day.  

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
1. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust Oct 8, 2014, 08:59 SpectralMeat

Ahh the annual apologizing for the previous game's launch has begun.
We must be getting close to the new BF game release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
69. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 14:10 SpectralMeat

I think I did about 4-5 main missions. I am at the part where I have to kill the 4 war captains and help my "spy-orc" to raise the ranks.
I've only killed 1 out of 4 captains.
I guess the urge of exploration is my problem.
I did figure out the climbing high tactic and also some of the towers are allowing me to fast travel so I can get closer to my target but I usually run instead because I kind of want to see what kind of shit I can get into on my way there, which ends usually in a frustrating death

So it is kind of a love hate relationship I have going on with the game I guess

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 13:50 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 13:40:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 13:34:
I am getting a bit frustrated by Mordor.
I keep getting my ass handed to me just by running around the map. One dude starts to fight me the next thing I know is there's like 50 orcs around me with a few captains in the mix. Try to run away which is sometimes unsuccessful. Get killed, respawn on the other side of the map no way to find that mofo that just killed me (and get promoted for it too, FUUUUUUUU) and I want his head chopped off. So I track across the map again to find myself in the same scenario again, running for my life!

I did some of the main missions and I am leveling up but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I like the fact that when I jump into any given fight, I have no idea if I'm going to make it out. You gotsta be sneaky, and use the environment to your advantage. It's not uncommon for me to pop in, and then when half the map comes running, pop back into stealth (preferably from above) and then arrow/DFA stab a few, before hopping back into melee.

Yeah I am not giving up, it just gets frustrating sometimes, but I like to use the environment, like shoot down those meat bags and see those doggies running in

64. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 13:34 SpectralMeat

I am getting a bit frustrated by Mordor.
I keep getting my ass handed to me just by running around the map. One dude starts to fight me the next thing I know is there's like 50 orcs around me with a few captains in the mix. Try to run away which is sometimes unsuccessful. Get killed, respawn on the other side of the map no way to find that mofo that just killed me (and get promoted for it too, FUUUUUUUU) and I want his head chopped off. So I track across the map again to find myself in the same scenario again, running for my life!

I did some of the main missions and I am leveling up but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 4, 2014, 12:57 SpectralMeat

Some bounty hunting  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 4, 2014, 06:29 SpectralMeat

Yes there will be one more wipe at the end of beta2, but as far as I know after that your character will not be erased anymore, it will carry over to the finished game.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
31. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 15:46 SpectralMeat

90Gb cap here in Canada, overage charges of $1.50 ~ $2 per Gb
Some smaller ISP's like Teksavvy offer 300Gb cap or unlimited internet but they are not available everywhere, and I mean within bigger cities, one street would be eligible while a street over isn't.
It is getting a bit better nowadays but it's still far away from US internet prices and what's being offered.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 3, 2014, 14:57 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:29:
I'd be interested in hearing your complaints.
I've loved TA and SC, PA is just not fun. Maybe you like it, good for you but I don't so I will not be supporting their next game until it is finished and I've tried it, enjoy it.

PA seemed so good on paper and the art style was awesome but the actual gameplay is just simply not enjoyable for me.
It may not be easy for you to understand my complaint without giving you specifics like "I hate the color of the mouse cursor" or "the resource counter is too small" or whatever but I just simply don't enjoy the actual gameplay of PA, not sure what it is that irks me about it.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 LE Trailer
6. Re: Far Cry 4 LE Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 14:44 SpectralMeat

Too many new games, not enough time/money  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
82. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 3, 2014, 12:57 SpectralMeat

Ended up grabbing the game I will play it on the weekend.
Thanks for all the feedback guys

4. Re: Far Cry 4 LE Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 12:52 SpectralMeat

It will be released next month. Maybe preorder numbers are not high enough so they are trying to build up hype with all these trailers.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 3, 2014, 10:24 SpectralMeat

Human Resources looks interesting but PA left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'll wait and see how it turns out and maybe pick it up on sale when it is finished.
Kinda disappointing to see they move onto the next game so soon after they've pushed PA out the door.

1. Re: Far Cry 4 LE Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 09:58 SpectralMeat

That harpoon gun looks freaking awesome!
I've loved the nail gun from FEAR and the gravity gun from Red Faction.
Physics based weapons in games just kick so much ass.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 2, 2014, 06:13 SpectralMeat

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 23:12:
Been a noticable lack of confidence in BOTH of the new consoles. Part of this is from third party publishers wanting their games on as many machines as possible, but some is first-party, which is surprising. Forza 5 was Xbone-exclusive but Forza horizon 2 is on Xbone and 360, and altho they're supposedly different games, videos online prove they're more similar than Microsoft wants to admit.

If they want to sell the new consoles they NEED to make games exclusive to them. Cross-generation games just won't look as good, lowering people's interest in the new machines because the old one "does it almost as well". Every game that isn't an exclusive is also a game that holds back people who are on the fence about upgrading. This is the first time iirc that games were still coming out for both generations a year after launch. Maybe it's due to the longer development cycles games have now, dunno. Just doesn't look like anyone is willing to jump in feet first this time.
Agree 100%

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
33. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 15:32 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:03:
have they mentioned at all what is going on with the SP campaign?
There was a video blog thingie released a pretty long time ago talking about the SP game but I haven't seen any updates to that in a long time.
Selling virtual ships and MMO is the main focus, that is what the majority of the backers are interested in I guess.

4840 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo