Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4469 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 09:15 SpectralMeat

I wonder what the FOV setting was in that gameplay video, it made me feel sick.
Also everything was so conveniently placed where you need them, so you can play out the Micheal Bay style Hollywood explosions and car chase sequences sprinkled with some qte.
Hope this will be good as the previous one was pretty good.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 1
22. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 1 Jun 10, 2014, 08:49 SpectralMeat

I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't give a flying funk about GTA.
I've had it for the 360 just to try it out but sold it after about an hour of gameplay.
The only open world "make your own adventure" type games that interest me are space games for some reason.
I think what bothered me the most about GTA5 was the world wasn't persistent. You destroy a bunch of lamp posts or whatever turn around and everything is reset like nothing happened.
If the World was persistent I think i'd have a lot more interest in these type of games.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 08:10 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 22:27:
I hate the acting in these videos. I want to see some raw gameplay without that bullshit.
+1
I also wish companies would stop wasting time and money on prerendered videos, no one cares about those these days.
Just give us more actual gameplay, that is much more impressive than a prerendered "story" trailer for a video game.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
9. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 23:11 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 22:02:
This was about as realistic as that stage demo for The Division. Don't get me wrong, that one was cool, just wasn't real. This one was even more fake.
Agreed.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
6. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 21:43 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 20:46:
mmm, could be a staged demo reel, i bet the real game won't be like that
Exactly what I thought, it looked too perfect, and nothing like a real MP game would have been like.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 18:23 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 18:07:
Dude was 10 feet behind a wall and died, was shooting at someone previously,

Relax it's only a beta

/sarcasm

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 16:14 SpectralMeat

PCGamer preview with some video if anyone interested.
It looks like a re skinned BF4

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
5. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 15:21 SpectralMeat

The Division looks better than ever but since it is a Ubisoft game I wonder how much of a graphical degeneration it will go through until it is released.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
61. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 12:33 SpectralMeat

Nom4d wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:57:
big red warning label saying "THIS IS PRE ALPHA / ALPHA! Nothing is final! Help us improve the game, by purchasing this shiny new space ship for just $180 while supplies last" and yet no one seems to grasp this whatsoever.
Fixed that for you
I get that it is Alpha not final dude, which is why I said hopefully by Beta version the handling will be acceptable. Even though they seemed to be more concerned with pretty commercial videos for digital space ships than patching the Arena Commander with the fixes they've done based on community feedback

58. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 12:28 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

Isn't that kind of the point (or one of the points) of this entire arena commander release, though? To get that kind of feedback so they can tweak the flight model?

Of course it is, which is why I said:

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:11:
At the end of the day I dislike how the ship I have access to handles and I hope they will somehow make this more fun during the dev process.

48. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 09:11 SpectralMeat

warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:03:
It really doesn't feel like Freelancer, having just played it a few months ago. Freelancer was completely on rails and instantly responsive.
Yeah there is definitely some input lag. Freelancer is more responsive but also it is a 10 or so years old game.
To me SC felt closest to Freelancer handling though, but I am no expert.
At the end of the day I dislike how the ship I have access to handles and I hope they will somehow make this more fun during the dev process.

44. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 08:17 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 06:32:
Mordhaus wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 19:52:
I know what you mean, I asked for a refund of 180 bucks because Arena Commander had a completely different flight model than what was promised from day 1. I have a bad feeling this is Duke Nukem Forever v2.

This is an interesting post. A backer who asked for his money back (very few of those around). Could you clarify what exactly is wrong with the DFM? Im not trying to troll or anything, Im merely interested in how the end result differs from what was promised?

I know this question wasn't asked from me, but for me the handling in SC is kind of weird.
Much more simplified than Elite.
It feels like the ship handling was made for people playing with kb+m or a game pad.
If you play Freelancer again the ship handling is a lot like that.
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

Seeing that they are still making "commercial" videos for ship packages I guess actual game development is still not that important to work on. Saw these new ships on the store page with $180 and $150 price tags and Chris Roberts smiling in the hoodie on the right side of the page makes me want to throw up.
Anyways hope they will start working on actual physics and handling on this game one day and not just graphics and animations.

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
24. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 20:13 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 14:04:
It's really hard to control. A bit like trying to ride a bathtub down a snowy moutain just by leaning from side to side.

I'll try that next Winter and see if I come to the same conclusion

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
47. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 14:39 SpectralMeat

Hey Cutter

re other space stations from latest newsletter

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
14. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 14:31 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 14:26:
Battlefield is about mass-scale war and destruction of everything. Not 2 small time gangsters doing a shoot-out in a bank.
Yeah but the title says Battlefield so people will buy it no matter what. If you don't like this one, pick up the next one in 12 months.

46. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 14:01 SpectralMeat

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 13:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 08:18:
Tim here sums it up pretty well for me.
I've got nothing invested in SC but really this guy going on about not being able to bind his keys in what is clearly an early version of the game is just painfully pedantic

It's an unfinished game..
He is also a game developer and just for the record you could bind your keys and customize your controls in the very first Alpha version of Elite that was available for backers.
I think his comments regarding the annoyances of the SC Alpha were spot on though. Releasing a dog fighting module with pre defined key set and no option to rebind them is like releasing a car racing demo with keyboard and mouse support only.
The sound effects are also night and day compared to Elite and the radar in SC is really pretty much useless with that big freaking arrow pointing at the nearest enemy ship.
So overall I agree with his assessment, hopefully Chris Roberts and crew will take the player feedback and make changes accordingly, and turn SC into an epic game.

44. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 12:47 SpectralMeat

Actually for the most part you stand a better chance if you fight it out than if you ran away.
Running away requires a skills to maneuver out the one chasing you while switching power distribution between systems to keep your shield powered and then pump juice to the engines so you can get up to speed for the hyper jump.

If you stay and fight the worst that can happen is you loose your ship which you get back for free anyways. Unless you are flying a bigger expensive ship with lots of cargo there is not much to loose but lots to gain by practicing the dogfight.
Sometimes of course you have to make a run for it if you are outnumbered and what not but try and fight it out, you will be a better pilot by learning the skills to dog fight.

Even if you play single player when the final game comes out the npc pirates can pull you out of super cruise to scan your cargo. If you carry something expensive they will fire at you, and if you don't have the skills to fight hem off you'll be sitting duck.

42. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 11:28 SpectralMeat

Sounds good nin
Most important thing to remember is not to get frustrated. It will take some time to master the controls. It is not an easy game, but that is what makes it so rewarding.
If you go into MP and for some reason you end up loosing everything and have no ship (it can happen) just hit "clear save" and you will get your starter ship and 1000 credit, and off you go again.

There are going to be account wipes that resets everyone to the starter position anyways so don't get too invested in your ship and equipment.

Have fun!

7. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 10:20 SpectralMeat

Preorder now for exclusive day 1 dlc and beta access to Battlefield Gun Shooter set to release in 2015 October.
Preorder now while supplies last!

1. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 09:04 SpectralMeat

"There will never be an annual Battlefield game release" - Dice  

4469 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo