Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5172 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
413. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 22:50 SpectralMeat

Thanks for the info Vall but it is too late I got a Cobra lol
Got it upgraded fairly well and put 2 beams and 2 chain guns and it rips apart just about everything.
The jumping distance is also much greater than it was on my Viper so I am happy.

One thing however I have to upgrade the fuel scoop I put the cheapest piece of crap I could find as I didn't think it would make a difference but the Cobra apperantly has a much larger fuel tank and it takes ages ro refill, so I am going to get a better one.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

406. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 18:52 SpectralMeat

Yeah I am running rail guns on the Viper which may be my problem.
Maybe I trade it for a Cobra and do an all rail setup I saw Tim did in his video.
Problm is the Cobra needs so much money to get upgraded to my Viper's level it is not even funny and it still feels weak compared to the Viper.

I can sit there being shot at by Asps, Federal Drop ship or even Anaconda and I know I can take them out, in the Cobra a few shots and I gotta run or my ship gets blown into pieces.

402. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 17:07 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:03:
The Cobra is perfect for rare trade runs.
It might be but I found it kinda crappy for bounty hunting compared to the Viper.
It gets killed so easily, even with upgrades.

401. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 17:05 SpectralMeat

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:35:
So! I tried out bounty hunting using interdiction. It's pretty cool! I sold my fuel scoop because it's too slow with the Asp's ginormous fuel tank and replaced it with the interdictor. I'm having more fun now that while I'm on a trade run I can scan for criminals and whack them for credits to make up for my fuel costs.

After I do my long distance run with my Adder (travelled about 100 Ly now) I plan on getting back to LHS 3447 and hunt wanted NPC's until I can buy a Viper (just dog fight with my Eagle), then pimp the Viper out and be a true Bounty Hunter and buy a Kill Warrant Scanner, Interdictor, and Wake Scanner (so targets can't run, even if they jump). I'd also like to try some of those kill missions at stations you can get.

Some people say this game is boring... haven't had that problem yet...
The Viper is a beast.
I am outfitted for bounty hunting but haven't had much time to do much of it yet.
The wanted criminals I was trying to catch in supercruise were faster than me so I couldn't intercept them.
I am also having a bit of a trouble outfitting the ship as I can afford the most expensive engine and shield etc but when I fit them as soon as I pull my guns out the oxygen thingie comes on so I have to put the guns away.
I guess not enough power. However I have the highest power output engine and most expensive power distributor so not sure what else I can do.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 5, 2015, 17:47 SpectralMeat

Microsoft Forms Super-Secret Xbox Team That Aims To "Push The Envelope."

I guess the secret got out!
Xbox avatars to get improved graphics

394. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 4, 2015, 18:10 SpectralMeat

I sold my Cobra and went back to my trusty Viper.
Cobra was too expensive to buy/upgrade/insure and it felt overall a lot weaker ship than the Viper.
I think I will continue bounty hunt until I can buy a Type 6 or Asp and try some trade run/exploration.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
19. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 4, 2015, 18:08 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 15:26:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 10:00:
Thankfully I got my refund on this mess of a game

For someone that cries about people complaining about SC, you don't hesitate to throw stones at the competition.

lol just ignore the trolls
I am loving Elite, I am playing 2-3 hours pretty much every day since it came out.
Like someone in this thread said if you were not a fan of the original this game isn't going to change your mind.
Every modern game that comes out these days will have issues one way or another, connection, bugs, etc.
If anyone is expecting perfect bug free games on release these days must not been gaming much in the past decade.
I personally didn't run into any show stoppers bugs myself.

391. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 17:19 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 17:12:
Man, that's a pretty wimpy start area considering the scope of the game. They could have at least given us 100 systems...
Well you can modify your ship to gain some jump distance. Remove armor plating shield etc. It's not like you are locked in you just have to figure out how to get out
Easiest way is to get a ship with a bigger jump distance.

389. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 15:51 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 13:30:
So, am I missing something or am I stuck to 20 or so systems around Eravate until I get afford a ship upgrade with a long range?
Yep that is how it goes until you can get a ship that can jump out of the hole you are in.
I am in the same boat.

On a different note I sold my Viper and got a Cobra. Love the engine sounds. Have to get used to the speed, the Cobra is so much slower.
I also miss all my upgrades from the Viper but oh well I'll get this puppy upgraded eventually.
Tim uploaded a pretty cool Cobra dogfight video, check it out here
I've never noticed the burn marks the lasers leave on the enemy ships before.

377. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 1, 2015, 23:25 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 21:59:
Vall, don't worry about it. I'm bringing the average down. First trading attempt, buy some cheap stuff -- go to 4 stations in two systems, they refuse me docking. Back where I started with not much idea where to go.
You have to be within 7.5km from the station to get docking permission. Also if the station is full you will have to wait.
Keep requesting docking permission it may take 2-3 tries

373. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 1, 2015, 21:28 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 18:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 11:02:
Ships with jump ranges here

This seem to be giving more info like where you can buy certain ships etc.

I think I will aim to get a Lakon Type 6
The Asp is a nice ship but the Type 6 is better for trade runs

The type-6 is a great trading ship and very useful to start making millions of credits. The Asp, however, can easily be kitted out to match the type-6 cargo space. I sold my type 5 shield generator and replaced it with another 32t cargo bay. I bought a cheap class 3 shield. I have 112t cargo capacity now. I traded in my viper and type-6 to buy the Asp...it essentially replaced both in one ship.

I'm going to try out my first rare trade run. Bought an advanced scanner and detailed surface scanner to make extra exploration money along the way. We'll see how this goes...
Nice
Thanks for the info

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2014, 14:56 SpectralMeat

Saboth wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:25:
Wasteland 2.
Ahh okay

So You need a budget is currently best seller on Steam

362. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 31, 2014, 11:02 SpectralMeat

Ships with jump ranges here

This seem to be giving more info like where you can buy certain ships etc.

I think I will aim to get a Lakon Type 6
The Asp is a nice ship but the Type 6 is better for trade runs

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
87. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 10:21 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 10:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 12:13:
I want those rape sims to be greenlit next please
They are just pixels so should be no big deal right?

Killing humans in gamee is something that's done since Wolfenstein (and I'm sure before that). It wasn't a problem then so why should it be now?

Raping is another thing. We don't liberate outposts in Far Cry by raping everyone in it. Commander Shepard's plan wasn't to literally rape the Reapers and nor did the Reapers threat to literally rape the galaxy. But, if from now on the great majority decides its OK to create a game where you can run around raping people -- wne rape incidents don't increase because kf it -- than I am having a hard time to argue with it, too. So far America's laws for gun ownership is the problem for the shooting incidents, anyway. I don't think rape incidents will increase with a rape game, unless America changes its laws about rape. "As long as you're a responsible rapist, all is swell." -_-

Whoops getting off-topic...

Rape was just an example but sexuality in general is a no no for games, yet extreme violence like it is in this game or in GTA5 is all good, cuz it's only pixels.
Well a virtual pussy is only pixels too !!

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2014, 10:17 SpectralMeat

Saboth wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 09:57:
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but the positive ratings and the direct comparisons to Divinity: Original Sin and X-Com (2 games I really enjoyed) made it seem like a no-brainer.
Are you talking about Wasteland or Door Kickers?

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2014, 09:28 SpectralMeat

Hopefully Door Kickers will go on sale again. I've missed out on it on the first day of sale.
I thought about picking up Wasteland 2 but not sure I'd enjoy the game. Never played the original.

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
1. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 09:26 SpectralMeat

I've changed my pw anyways.  

360. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 31, 2014, 08:12 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 07:37:
Semi-random question: Can you trade effectively in solo mode? If you have built yourself up to a mid-level cargo vessel are you still in danger of being jumped by computer controlled pirates while travelling between systems?
Oh yes, but so far the Ai hasn't been a real challange to outrun or escape from

358. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 31, 2014, 06:50 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 22:40:
That's the kind of thing that's keeping me from picking this up, I can just see myself spending hundreds of hours building to something only to find I'm at a deadend.
Oh no I am not at the dead end just need to do more missions in the area I am in so that I can afford a ship with a bigger jump drive so I can jump out of here.
I thought I can modify my Viper enough to do that (and maybe I can) but in the systems I am currently in the market doesn't have the proper modifications to make my ship capable of jumping the required distance.
There are smaller cargo ships on the market I can buy but the store page doesn't show the jump distance the ship is capable of. So I do not want to waste my money on something that is no better than what I have right now.

Sorry if my previous comment confused you.

356. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 30, 2014, 22:17 SpectralMeat

Yeah the Viper is a beast ones you upgrade it. Even Anacondas can be killed with it if there is a little help from npc ships. I just killed one tonight. Only 50k bounty though and my ship took a bit of damage.

My problem right now is my jump distance so low I can not get anywhere to get some of those rare goodies off the market. I do not have enough money to buy a Lakon type 6.
My jump distance is only 10Ly and unfortunately that is too low to get to the other side of the Galaxy where all the juicy trade runs are. I guess I need something with at about 15 Ly jump capability.
I've been playing around with my ship fitting but can't get too much out of it, not even with the 500k warp drive.
Haven't tried to swap out the armor plating yet. Maybe that will help.

5172 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo