Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4398 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
23. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:35 SpectralMeat

Thanks Burrito, sounds good.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:22 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:19:
$5 for arena commander pass.
Why do you need that? I thought anyone who buys the basic $40 package gets Alpha/Beta access etc. which includes this AC module no?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements Jun 4, 2014, 10:20 SpectralMeat

ochentay4 wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:17:
And why do they rob us with expensive prices on old titles?
Rob you?
It is your choice to buy it or not isn't it?
They usually go on sale for 50% off etc but the cheapest way to get the older titles are the grey market key sellers.

16. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:02 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:00:
Has anyone tried this? (Spectralmeat Im looking at you) Im interested in impressions.
I am at work, won't have time until later tonight to give this a try, by that time others on here will most likely give their first impressions.
I would like to try it tonight though.
Wonder how long the downloading will take.

2. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 08:40 SpectralMeat

Looking forward to some player feedback and possibly check it out tonight when I get home.  

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Launches
2. Re: EVE Online Kronos Launches Jun 4, 2014, 08:30 SpectralMeat

I get back into this game time and time again but after about a month or so, I realize how much time it requires to be online and play that I just don't have these days.  

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
4. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Yaaay another 4 player coop zombie killing game! We haven't had one of these in a while.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
116. Re: The Hangar Game Jun 3, 2014, 09:23 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:00:
"Wanna buy another ship?"

Nah, I am good :)

114. Re: The Hangar Game Jun 3, 2014, 08:30 SpectralMeat

Chris Roberts - makes promises he won't deliver on
Maybe he is too busy recording his next youtube web video series about office chair setups for the hangar module.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Anti-Tease
2. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Anti-Tease Jun 2, 2014, 12:22 SpectralMeat

I wonder if a V3 demo will be out this weekend. They've had a demo for V2 back in the day.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
3. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 09:42 SpectralMeat

If it did not succeed the first time, just try it again.  

111. Re: The Hangar Game Jun 2, 2014, 08:43 SpectralMeat

So where is the daily update on the progress of the Arena Commander that Chris promised?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
85. Re: Elite Beta Jun 1, 2014, 17:35 SpectralMeat

A bit more flying practice in the beta
http://youtu.be/_8wZ6s6puKs

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2014, 17:16 SpectralMeat

People sure love their survival games  

82. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins Jun 1, 2014, 07:20 SpectralMeat

Lots of EVE reference in the game so far. Definitely feels like EVE in first person view, but you can play this in sp also. Very similar concepts though.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Trailer
4. Re: Next Car Game Trailer May 31, 2014, 21:31 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on May 31, 2014, 14:28:
No idea about the Fanatec peripherals but Next Car Game is already a true successor of Fallout and Destruction Derby.
Oh I know the game is fantastic I have it, but advertising Fanatec wheels with this game is not the best choice.
I actually prefer playing this game with a controller not my wheel. I have no idea who would buy Fanatec gear for this game

80. Re: Elite Beta May 31, 2014, 18:51 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on May 31, 2014, 18:48:
OK, one additional stupid question: Is there eventually going to be more SP, or is MP the primary focus of the game? I just assumed there would be a (strong) SP portion as well (though I totally understand if it's not ready yet).

Thanks again!
As far as I know there is no SP campaign/story. The game is a sandbox game you play however you like. The beta currently populated with npc pirates there will be faction wars and staff like that but you choose what you want to do and create your own story.
The sandbox game (finished game) can be played solo/coop/open MP where every single ship you encounter can be another person not an npc.
If you wish however you can play completely solo.

Right now however the beta is MP only in terms of the sandbox gameplay, and the portion of the galaxy that is available just a tiny portion of the full game. A lot more to come

78. Re: Elite Beta May 31, 2014, 18:46 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on May 31, 2014, 18:13:
Last questions before I pull the trigger:

How much SP content appears to be in this latest version? Are there missions and such, or is it just flying around and landing?

How does patching work? Do they have their own client, or are you downloading each version or what?

Thanks man!

The SP in the beta is basically just a tutorial.
There are 9 SP mission scenarios. Starting with shooting at floating garbage cans and the last mission is a last man standing style waves of enemies warping in and trying to kill you.
How long those will take is up to you and you skills but those are more of a tutorials than anything else.
I still haven't finished them.

The MP is basically a huge sandbox where you can fly anywhere and do anything, trading, hunting, pvp whatever you want. Earn cash upgrade your ships, weapons etc. That is what the game really is, the rest feels like wasting time.
There are no landing and stations in the SP that is all MP.
No need to worry about not pulling off a perfect landing. I've seen people smashing into the side of the space station where there is no door, and all kinds of funky stuff.

There is a game launcher that starts up. You login with your user name and pw and that will check to make sure your game client is up to date.
From the old Alpha version what I've had the upgrade process involved an update to the launcher itself and then a 6Gb download and install of the beta game.
According to the forums it is probably better to remove the old version and install the new fresh but I did not bother.
There are some crashes especially in MP but the game automatically creates a crash report and ask you to send it ones you are back at the desktop. No hard lock ups though.
Crashes usually appear when I log off the MP or I enter the station and try to buy something.
Another interesting thing about the MP is that you save your game as you exit and you come back in when you log in at the same spot you left off. Just like a SP game.

Hope that answers your questions

76. Re: Elite Beta May 31, 2014, 16:16 SpectralMeat

Lots to learn when it comes to combat and overall ship controls.
Tim here in this video is a very decent pilot and he is getting his ass kicked in MP atm.
Have a look

For anyone that is curious the beta is amazing, so is the X-55 Rhino from Saitek, my flight skills however need a lot of work.
Managed to blow up a few times during landing, I don't even have a chance against other human players atm.
Need to put more time into learning the controls and master them.
Good thing is other players get no bounty for killing other players unless they are pirates with bounty on their head.
So PvE is much better time investment than PvP unless you are bounty hunting and looking for player pirates.

So far so good though, I am looking forward to see all the new stuff they are bringing to this beta in the coming weeks.
until then I have my work cut out for me and have to learn how to fly properly

News Comments > Next Car Game Trailer
1. Re: Next Car Game Trailer May 31, 2014, 14:04 SpectralMeat

Fanatec sells some nice stuff but their prices are out of this World.
I don't think Next Car Game is really a game for the steering wheel users. Asseto Corsa and Project Cars may have been a better option to use for Fanatec to boost some sales, but that's just my 2 cents.

4398 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo