Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 3879 (Veteran)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 20:36 SpectralMeat

It is downloading now. Thanks
I was considering buying this a few days ago, I am glad I held off

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access
3. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access Feb 20, 2014, 20:34 SpectralMeat

This makes me pretty sad
I was kind of expecting this from the beta videos I've seen on youtube.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/244450/discussions/0/540734255041376328/

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
48. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:30 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:20:
I'm surprised it's getting a pass on some aspects people would crucify other games for.
Maybe because other games aren't as fun as this one, so people will overlook some of it's flaws because the positives outweigh the negatives.

For me it was providing me the 30-60 mins fun per day after work to just run around kill some people in a big mech suit without much time investment into grinding to get better guns or curse at my team mates for sucking.

Kind of like CoD was before it started sucking.

Now I understand this game is not for everyone and some people dislike these type of games but why is it necessary to label people who likes this game and those who doesn't I just don't get it.
Different strokes for different folks.

41. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:59 SpectralMeat

I've heard people were using that smart pistol with the cloak ability combined to sneak up on other players, but like you said even cloaked players can be seen, I've shot many of them.

I didn't find the flow of the game very conducive to sneaking anyway, you're better off setting up ambushes with wallhangs and stuff like that. The time to kill between players is already very high so the smart pistol is a non-factor most of the time, you just use it to farm bots or better yet not at all

I didn't use it at all. Other then in the training mission where I've had to.
I was focusing more on the bot battles because I found them more entertaining then the foot soldiering.
Although I did have some memorable moments on foot also. killing an enemy titan with your anti titan weapon is very satisfying, also having the perk in your titan that it sets of a big explosion when it is killed managed to earn me a kill, then me and the other titan pilot duked it out on foot after we both ejected from the bots.
It was funny.

37. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:51 SpectralMeat

007Bistromath wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:45:
descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:56:
Giving everyone cloak and a homing pistol is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a multiplayer FPS.

You did something horribly wrong, dude. The cloak and smart pistol are both garbage against other pilots.

It says right in the cloak's description that it's still plenty visible to the naked eye, and it's not lying. That thing is for getting away from and/or on top of Titans. Only depressingly unobservant players will miss somebody near them who is cloaked.

The smart pistol, meanwhile, is almost strictly for farming mooks. It takes about ten years to line up a lethal attack on a pilot. You only have time to do that if the other guy is unaware of you, a terrible shot, or standing still. To use the smart pistol against other players, you either have to be sneaky as hell and very good with the parkour, or in a server full of morons.

I've heard people were using that smart pistol with the cloak ability combined to sneak up on other players, but like you said even cloaked players can be seen, I've shot many of them.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
25. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 13:25 SpectralMeat

JayDeath wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:50:
That 17 minutes gameplay trailer looks awesome.
I didn't care much for this game but that gameplay vid made me interested.

I am very excited. Tuesday can't get here soon enough!
$33.75 on Gamefly, hmm considering it

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
21. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 12:50 SpectralMeat

That 17 minutes gameplay trailer looks awesome.
I didn't care much for this game but that gameplay vid made me interested.

16. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 10:22 SpectralMeat

MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:13:
For me, it hasn't really grabbed me enough to even pursue downloading the demo, so I can't make any fair judgment.
I was in the same boat as you, the gameplay vids and all the seemingly overhyped press coverage didn't make me care for the game, but when the beta opportunity came around I wanted to see what all the hype is about, and I liked it.
I don't think it is the best fps game ever created, but if you did enjoy games like CoD and Unreal Tournament back in the day I think you'd like Titanfall as well.
It doesn't require as much team work as BF but if you work with your team the rewards are much greater then try to solo.
In one of the games me and 2 other players with Titans were roaming around the map and just destroying everything in sight, nothing could touch us because the other team did not work together.
I've had games where I was on the receiving end of this same equation but I didn't feel frustrated like in the CoD games where you get killed in every 15 seconds.

Anyways I don't think the game is for everyone and I also don't believe it is worth $60 but if I find a deal on it in the ~$40 range I will probably pick it up.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
20. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 09:33 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 08:16:
Tigger wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 07:54:
I was banned for asking how to remap some keys.

Are you serious???!

Considering who he was dealing with, are you really surprised?

tbh I don't really know who he is I didn't follow the drama, and his games aren't really interest me much, but I do know every time him or his games are mentioned on here everyone makes fun of him.
Deserved or not I am not sure, but being banned from a forum for asking about key re binding is just down right fucking stupid!

1. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 08:42 SpectralMeat

Anyone else get to test out the beta?
I've liked it quiet a bit but not sure I'll drop the money for the game at launch.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 20, 2014, 08:28 SpectralMeat

I've had fun with the beta but I am still kind of undecided if I will pick it up at launch or not.  

17. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 08:16 SpectralMeat

Tigger wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 07:54:
I was banned for asking how to remap some keys.

Are you serious???!

15. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 07:16 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 03:09:
harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:29:
1badmf wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:16:
haha i see he's as infamous here as he was on the old voodooextreme forums. did he ever come here to lambast you guys with his deliciously idiotic self-righteousness?

since the 90s man

Havent seen him in a while on these boards though. Would really like to hear his views on Starcitizen.
He's been commenting on the "ships ahoy" thread about his game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 20, 2014, 07:12 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 17:21:
Actually I've been pondering whether to jump on this or not. Total Biscuit did an interesting review on it. Says it's a mixed bag. Some of it really good, some of it not so much. And it's more of a survival simulator than a civ builder. I've seen a lot of similar mixed reviews on it. So without a demo Ima hold off. $20 is too much to gamble on an unknown with so many mixed reviews. I think I'll like it, but best to wait.

I did not see the TB video on this but I've been watching lets plays on youtube and the game looks like fun.
There's not a lot of competition on the market for a game like this.
I agree $20 is a bit too much to gamble but pretty much all the lets play videos mention that this game is well worth the $20 with the amount of content you are getting.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 15:43 SpectralMeat

Just watched some "lets play" on youtube and this game looks pretty awesome.
Now to find time to play it is going to be a hard one.
We need to implement 2 day work weeks with 5 days off, as opposed to the current 5 days works with 2 days off, cuz this is just bullshit!

News Comments > New NFS Rivals Cars
3. Re: New NFS Rivals Cars Feb 19, 2014, 13:03 SpectralMeat

I wonder how profitable it is for EA to make these NFS games.
Maybe these sell well on the consoles I am not sure but there seem to be a new one every year and aside from the graphics being upped a bit I don't find a single reason to play them.
I saw the WTF vid TotalBiscuit did on this and it was enough to steer clear of this game.
Hot Pursuit was trying to capitalize on the same idea as this game anyways, Most Wanted was the last good NFS games I remember playing.
These newer ones suck!

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
27. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 10:09 SpectralMeat

LanikTnt wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:05:
Has anyone tried to actually add this to your cart?

I could not, getting a strange error message. I contacted EA support through their live chat and they said that this happens with Origin and I should try again in a few hours and hopefully it will work then. It's kinda ridiculous.
I did "buy it" through the website and it worked fine.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 09:52 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 09:36:
Looks pretty cool. Damn I wish I had time to play more games like this...
Join the club

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Feb 19, 2014, 08:51 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 08:48:
Shadowplay is really impressive, I've been taking clips of BF gameplay lately and its just handy as hell.
It sure is and I think it is a lot less resource hungry then Fraps is/was.

News Comments > "No News" on Opening PC Titanfall Beta
2. Re: Feb 19, 2014, 08:15 SpectralMeat

I thought the PC beta was opened up since Monday.
I've never got a beta key and the beta just showed up in my games library.
Check your Origin games library the beta ends tonight at 6PM PT

3879 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo