Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 3881 (Veteran)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
11. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:19 SpectralMeat

I guess the Thief 1 giveaway was a well timed one at least.
TB: http://youtu.be/xJS1yCSKlhs

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 12:25.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
7. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 11:55 SpectralMeat

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:16:
I don't get it with some of you people. Was he supposed to work on the game for free? Did any of you buy ARMA2/DayZ? Why does it bother you so much?
I thought we were talking about the DayZ stand alone game here

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
3. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 10:12 SpectralMeat

JayDeath wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 09:45:
Take the money and run! The game will probably never be finished.
Seems to be working for him so why not.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 09:48 SpectralMeat

Sad to see another missed opportunity, but they should have known.
Attaching a title like Thief to any game will bring a rather high expectations from the fans.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
34. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 24, 2014, 09:12 SpectralMeat

Reviews doesn't look too good guys.
From the Ars Technica review:
The good

Garrett's new duck-and-swoop move is pretty slick.
Decent interface for stealth manuevers.
The Bad

The plot is an incoherent mess.
Seriously, the ending didn't make a lick of sense.
Hackneyed writing and wooden performances.
Level design is much too linear.
Guards are too sensitive to your every movement.
Guard AI is easy to outrun and easier to fool.
Lots of badly done, out-of-place platforming and puzzle bits.
The ugly

Why does every game have to have some mystical ghost bullshit these days?
Verdict: Go buy Dishonored instead. If you already own Dishonored, just play it again.
TB also have his first look on youtube.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 09:10 SpectralMeat

Thief reviews doesn't look too good. Just a heads up for people that bought the game.
Ars Technica

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2014, 19:09 SpectralMeat

Zoom wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 14:50:
Interesting that Banished is up there at top spot. This indy game comes from nowhere, it's finished (something rare these days), there was no multi-year hype buildup, and it seems really brilliant (didnt get it yet, but had it on my "watch list").
and it was created by a single person

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
16. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 19:07 SpectralMeat

Overon wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 18:51:
I hope that that picture is not representative of the level design in Thief. Because if it is, that's a disgrace and a step backwards and representative of console level design.
Since they've had a 17 minutes video released of a play through of the complete first level I think that picture is pretty accurate.
There's also a gamespot "lets play" video on youtube where they play the game for a good 45 minutes.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2014, 12:45 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:00:
Edit: I wonder if that CoD Ghost is actual sales or whoever downloaded the game during the free weekend counts as sales

The list is based on revenue...
Ahh that sucks!
Ghost is the worst CoD in the past several years!

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2014, 12:00 SpectralMeat

Still contemplating on getting Banished. Glad to see it is doing so well though. Hopefully the dev will add some more content. He has no present on the Steam forum though.
Worth a buy: http://youtu.be/eiMksbivbmc

Edit: I wonder if that CoD Ghost is actual sales or whoever downloaded the game during the free weekend counts as sales

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2014, 12:12.

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer
2. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer Feb 22, 2014, 07:50 SpectralMeat

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 05:43:
This is looking great. I'm glad to see they're moving away from a European only setting. Finally some variety in the terrain.
and boats!
Looking forward to this one.
I think they will have a beta and everyone that own any of their previous game is allowed in it.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access
11. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access Feb 22, 2014, 07:37 SpectralMeat

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 03:27:
Yes but the game is not out yet, there is a lot of new features in the game when it comes to gui that are expanding such as pathing and incoming special group infantry rearm options. Based on the 2 new missions in beta out of 15 coming full game they are high quality compared to as1 so those that love coop sp will enjoy it. There is also a mass of bugs fixed from as1, yes stability is an issue currently but its still in beta and improvements will come. There is a ton of new mp maps coming in full game as well.

You should really read this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244450/discussions/0/540732889618079283/

Also the unit locks feature is not what people think like in most games, in as2 is actually there to prevent new players from making bad choices early in their xp rank.
Thanks man.
I actually started playing AS1 again last night and realized how much I love the game.
I did read through that thread and I also like the present of the devs on the forum. I hope they won't be focusing too much on the MP as I never play MoW in MP only SP. The Ai kicking my ass bad enough in SP to embarras myself in MP.
I guess I will take the plunge.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access
9. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access Feb 21, 2014, 19:00 SpectralMeat

Yeah judging it from the feedback on the Steam forum they did not add a lot of things to the new game to warrant the sequel.
Also they've made some changes like unit unlocks and stuff that isn't really welcome.
I guess I'll stick with AS1 for now and pick this up when it is discounted.
The biggest selling point of a new game shouldn't be a new game engine or Steam Workshop integration.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 16:25 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:58:
Oh and price.
I've heard it will be around $1000

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
92. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 21, 2014, 13:23 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:47:
Microsoft has the possibility of selling a console per sale.
Unfortunately for Microsoft this game isn't going to be the big system seller for them imo.
This game comes out on the 360 as well, and people who buys this are buying it for the MP not for the SP.
While I was playing on the 360 I was buying games my friends had so we could play MP.
In this case if a person wants to get this game with an Xbone but all his friends are still on the 360, well you know what is going to happen there.
If Titanfall was exclusive to the Xbox one and PC then yes this game would have been a system seller.
We will see how the sales numbers turn out.

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
20. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 21, 2014, 11:28 SpectralMeat

MajorD wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 11:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:47:
Thanks!

SpectralMeat, the main mod you want for Thief 1 is the HD Mod by Bentraxx found here.

Hopefully you'll see this post since it is yesterday's news.

I am still at work so I won't have a chance to do anything with this until tonight/tomorrow.
Thanks for the help guys

18. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 21, 2014, 10:47 SpectralMeat

Thanks!  

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
63. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:42 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:39:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:11:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

Indeed :\ Did a quick search and didn't find an earlier release date for consoles, though. I must have overlooked a proper google result.
No the release date is the same but some smaller game shops will sell the game early. It happens all the time especially with highly anticipated games.
One of the local game stores actually sells console games early for $10 more.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
61. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:11 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

16. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 21, 2014, 07:36 SpectralMeat

So what are the recommended mods for this game?  

3881 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo