Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4826 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
38. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 15:37 SpectralMeat

I think Ars had an article up last week? About the consoles sold and I believe Sony was in the lead 2 to 1
So if they sold 13mill Xbox is around 6-7 million.
I know a lot of people are still on last gen consoles, the lack of exclusive system seller games are partially to blame for that, and not to mention many new games are still being released on last gen so, there really isn't a huge rush for anyone to buy a new console.
I remember when the 360 came out Microsoft basically dropped the 1st gen xbox completely, there were no more new games, no support nothing so people were out of options if they wanted to play the new games.
It's different this time around.

Edit: This is the Ars story I was talking about

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2014, 15:52.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 14:17 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:11:
So... 50 or so rounds, netcode is utter shit. What a disappointment no dedicated servers, HOST dominates every single game because only host sees what's really going on, the others see lag.

COD AW has one of the shittiest ping systems ever as well, out of boredom I looked up what 3 bars ping actually means.. well it means ping below 199..

That shit isn't playable. BF4, 20ms ping
Nice
Glad I didn't buy this one

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
14. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 13:09 SpectralMeat

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:
You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10
7. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10 Nov 4, 2014, 10:30 SpectralMeat

Either way I've always enjoyed the physics oriented gameplay of Red Faction games. Destroying shit in these games always were more fun than in the BF games for me. Especially that gravity gun in the last game was a blast.
I think they even had a game mode where in a certain time you've had to do as much damage as possible. It was an interesting puzzle game type.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10
5. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10 Nov 4, 2014, 10:25 SpectralMeat

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 10:21:
InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 09:45:
Isn't this like a really, really old game? 2008 I believe it was released or thereabouts. KUDOS to Volition for still supporting the game. I guess people are still playing this in multiplayer?

Sadly not. I beat it on PC a while back when it looked like GFWL wasn't going to be removed from it and there were zero people in multiplayer. Which is a shame cause I played a bunch of multiplayer on 360 around the game's launch and it's actually a ton of fun and unique. Maybe the community will get a little boost after this.
Is this the one where you can grab different back packs with different abilities in MP? Maybe I am thinking of a different game. That was a lot of fun online.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Documentary
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 4, 2014, 10:09 SpectralMeat

For some reason I thought they implemented the external view. I haven't been flowing the forums lately.  

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 10:01 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 09:52:
Redmask wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:06:
Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 18:10:
I'll take the one with the better controller and online community.

Yes, the PS4 is a great console.

Neither has a game worth the entry price, the ps4 just had a disastrous update, and the xbone is 90% useless features.

Who could possible call either "great" with a straight face?
I must be in the minority here, but I don't find "90% of the features useless" on the xbox.
For example I love to be able to just plug in my 3Tb external hard drive and use it as a storage drive for games or movies etc. The smartglass app is getting better, much easier to text message back and forth with buddies whether you are at your console or not.
I think the PS4 also have this feature but I like to be able to see someone playing a game on twitch in the game store app.

I agree some of the TV stuff is stupid but the features they are adding in are actually making the console more useful imo and there is an update that adds new stuff every single month.

Yes the PS4 is more powerful hardware vise but the games I want to play and the friends I want to play with are on the xbox so.

18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 4, 2014, 08:13 SpectralMeat

Bundy wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:27:
I've never understood how this works, maybe u can explain it to me. What exactly does TrackIR do in this game? I assumed that using the Oculus alone would be enough for head tracking and accessing your left and right menu's.
Yeah you don't use both. It is Oculus or TrackIR.
I am using my TrackIR and it is great. Looking at the sides to access the menus, tracking targets, look out the window as you fly by planets, stars, look around you while docking, so many uses. Even when you are launching from a docking platform you can look around you to make sure you don't bump into other ships. One of the big transport ships cockpit is all glass even the bottom, so while you are docking you can actually look down and see the platform beneath you to align your ship. I mean it is just hard to put it into words how amazing the immersion is with a head tracking device.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
77. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 15:15 SpectralMeat

Iurand wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 14:36:
Braben started much earlier (even 2000, although games was on slow burn), had already working engine and 220-250 team in 2012 and is targeting into smaller game as finished product.
That is true however the budget they are working with is 15th of SC so I think even though he started earlier what they have accomplished is amazing.
I also much prefer his modest attitude vs Chris Roberts super rock star show off stage appearances.
Don't like the snake oil sales man feel I get whenever I see Chris

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 13:14 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 13:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 13:09:
It was just an example, would $29/$49 work better?
The point is there are a lot of people who never touch the SP part of CoD so having options would be nice. On the PC the MP and SP are literally 2 separate icons on the desktop and 2 separate executable.

From I customer perspective I totally agree. I have a feeling if you brought that proposal to Kotick, he'd say, "Are you out of your mind?"

I'm sure that they're making more moolah this way. And this franchise, perhaps more than any other, is all about the green.
Hehe oh I know it was just wishful thinking on my part.

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 13:13 SpectralMeat

PHJF wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 13:12:
Kind of like BF battlelog but shittier.

Battlefield requires Origin. Does this require something?
As far as I know Steam

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 13:09 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 13:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 11:21:
nin wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 10:23:
Reviews actually seem decent this time. Sounds like they actually brought a few fresh things to the table. Guess I'll check it out.

After the terrible POS that Ghost was I am not surprised.
I do wish however they would split the single and the mp game. Some people never touch the single player portion some never touch the mp. Split the game $39.99 for each or $59.99 for the 2 together.

$40 for a 6 hour SP campaign would be hard to swallow for most people. Bundling them is making them more money for sure.
It was just an example, would $29/$49 work better?
The point is there are a lot of people who never touch the SP part of CoD so having options would be nice. On the PC the MP and SP are literally 2 separate icons on the desktop and 2 separate executable.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 13:07 SpectralMeat

PHJF wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 12:57:
Does it require 3rd party accounts or anything else arbitrarily annoying?
I didn't remember CoD ever needed that. Not sure if that CoD elite stuff ever took off, or needed for the MP, but that just tracks your progress and you can check out your previous matches on a website. Kind of like BF battlelog but shittier.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 12:39 SpectralMeat

DG wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 12:34:
Are there any real must-haves for either console yet? I have a very dusty 360 which I got a handful of games for, one series of which (GTA) I'm happy to wait for PC these days. I might even have missed a Halo.
Depends what type of games you like to play. Forza is pretty awesome on the xbox the last of us and Infamous is pretty good on the PS4. Most new games these days are cross platform so I can't really think of any must haves as of yet.
PC is still the best place to be

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 11:21 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 10:23:
Reviews actually seem decent this time. Sounds like they actually brought a few fresh things to the table. Guess I'll check it out.

After the terrible POS that Ghost was I am not surprised.
I do wish however they would split the single and the mp game. Some people never touch the single player portion some never touch the mp. Split the game $39.99 for each or $59.99 for the 2 together.

3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 3, 2014, 09:50 SpectralMeat

Try this link: http://youtu.be/v7jP2drkUXE  

73. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 09:33 SpectralMeat

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 08:17:
I'm with you on that... I have backed both ED and SC and I do not understand at all the adulation with ED, it really does feel like they are not playing the same game I am.
To each their own.
For me personally SC dogfight = pure frustration
ED dogfight = fun and adrenaline rush
I don't expect anyone to share my opinion but for me personally ED is a far more entertaining game at this point than SC is.
I know none of the games are finished yet and I hope SC will turn out to be a great game too, but the 2 gazillion different direction that game goes from MMO to space combat to fps I am a bit concerned about it becoming a jack of all trades master of none. I put $40 into it so no biggie, but I'd still like to see them succeed.

This fps reveal video didn't really do much for me, the one they've showed a while back where a ship docks at a planet you get out and check the market and stuff was far more impressive to me.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
47. Re: combat Nov 3, 2014, 08:15 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 03:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 09:40:
http://youtu.be/egirJRKHtiE

So is that a thing? Using supercruise during combat? That first overshoot almost cost the guy his ship.
No he intercepted the guy in supercruise. The Ai always had this ability to pull you out of supercruise scan your cargo and start a combat, but this is a new ability to players.
Yeah ram the other ship took his shields down but that may have been just a fluke where he got dropped from supercruise not sure if that would work like that every single time
I really have to assemble my X-55 and TrackIR and get back into playing Elite

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2014, 08:20.

71. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 06:23 SpectralMeat

peteham wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 05:26:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:36:
Flatline wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 12:34:
Oh joy. Just what I want to do. Hide in a fucking crate for 2-3 hours until a scavenger party comes along on the off chance that they don't scan the cargo.

I don't see the problem. I'd just pull out my phone and play Candy Crush for a few hours while I waited.
They need to add an in-game Candy Crush, let's call it the iPhone module, so you can game while you game.
I think you guys just figured out the next stretch goal.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 16:30 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

4826 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo