Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5170 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
508. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:41 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:53:
I was messing around more with that configuration website...and it has stats for shields! Str...which I don't recall ever seeing in-game. You can switch out from 5A to 5B to 3A to whatever and see the actual shield strength. A 5B has an effective shield strength of 127.3, whereas a 5A is 135.53, and a 3C is at 57.27.

Same situation with power distributors, frameshift drives, fuel scoops, etc. My mind is blown atm. Oh yeah, and a class 3 fuel scoop is totally pimp for the Asp. Instead of taking 2 minutes to refuel, it takes 20 seconds.

Edit:
Here's the link again, if you don't want to delve into past posts:
http://eliteshipyard.nfshost.com

Edit2:
Gamers never cease to amaze me. Here's the formula someone figured out to calculate shield strength that was implemented in that utility:

Shield Strength (in MJ) = [Ship Shield Rating] * [0.53821 * erf([1.0228] * [Shield Optimal Hull Mass] / [Ship Hull Mass] - 0.66391) - 0.0588 * [Number of Rating Levels Below A] + 0.56377]
Was it this one Tact?

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

507. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:38 SpectralMeat

I think Val posted it not me when we were talking about jump distances anf such. Might be a few pages back in this thread.  

505. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:01 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 11:59:
Dammit -- in my travels around the web at one point I found a very nice google spreadsheet with outfitting listings by locations. Don't suppose anyone has stumbled onto that? I can't find it again and I seem to have failed to bookmark it. *sigh*
Is it the one that was mentioned in here earlier?
I don't have it bookmarked either but if you look back a few pages you will find it.

As for creating a trading monster yeah I blame it all on you!

504. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:00 SpectralMeat

Blue wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 10:38:
500 (well now 501) posts!

FYI, this post is about 37 replies from passing the release of Half-Life 2 as the largest game-related thread on this site.
I think this thread will be the largest and it has no mention of Hitler in it either!
Oh wait

499. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 09:08 SpectralMeat

Yup
I am going to get a Type 6 as soon as I can.
Apparently when your cargo hold is full you can not sell your ship and buy a new one, so this will be interesting.

497. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 07:31 SpectralMeat

By the way Coquim sells Class2 4ton cargo expanders
Got my Cobra up to 56ton now.
If I get rid of the fuel scoop I can get my ship cargo up to 60ton.

496. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 07:09 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 04:02:
So, now that I can pretty much jump where ever the hell I want to, I have come across more and more humans. The weird thing? They are all nice. They send me text chats wishing me well and good hunting. It's odd...and kind of awesome at the same time.
That is pretty awesome.
With a game like this you never know who you run into.
Did you guys read the latest newsletter?
If you haven't check this story out:

So tonight i decided to try something new. I left Bloch station and set off to 78 Ursae Majoris. This time to do piracy. There are several difficulties with piracy. First of all you need to find and appropriate target, then complete your interdiction. Then type your intention to the other player as quickly as possible. Usually just telling them to stop. If they don't, start firing until they do.

This leads to three different outcomes. Some choose to fight (usually the cobras), some choose to submit and surrender completely (Lakon Type 6), and others choose to stall you until they can boost away and release all kinds of defensive counter measures.

I accidentally ended up interdicting the same guy twice in an hour. He was extremely compliant the first time, handing over 20 of his hard earned gold. The second time i let him keep everything. Don't milk the cow dry. To my surprise though, he offered to hire me as his body guard. I was promised payment, and accepted. Unfortunately, after accepting his friend request, I was unable to send or receive messages from him. So i continues the piracy.

One guy though ended up exploding after having tried to flee the scene with what i remember as the departing words of "f**ck you" (this might not have been his words, but certainly were the words of one of my victims). Nevertheless, this guy had friends. And after an hour, i got chain interdicted by three different people. I managed to get away, but staying in supercruise got totally unbearable. I landed at the Alliance controlled station, and when i got out I had 2 ASPs waiting for me with the message that i attacked the wrong guy today. On my sensords i Could see another one faproaching, also in an ASP. The message was clear; leave the system, or be forced to leave the system.

What followed was an insane cat and mouse game. I managed to escape the station, get out in supercruise and land at the Fed controlled station to hand in a bounty. I didn't want to die without having it turned in. When getting out in supercruise again, my radar had 3 Players in supercruise hunting me. 2 of them in ASPs and the last in a Cobra. After a lot of interdictions and escapes, involving one of them interdicting and the others joining in to aid in the fight before boosting out to supercruise again. i found myself outside of supercruise facing the cobra. But this time alone. I took his health to around 30% and told him I'd let him live. That overly brave/crazy guy wanted to keep on fighting. I decided there was too much bloodshed. My intention was never to kill. Only to do some clean professional pirating. I told him I'd stop pirating the system.

As a pirate, you piss off a lot of people. But wow what a change it is from the single player feel I've had earlier. This was all player driven. Guys coming together to chase away pirates from the system. The victim of piracy actually hiring the pirate as his bodyguard, interactions with all kinds of people for good and for worse. A big thank you to all of you that participated in making this gaming experience even greater than before. And to those who lost their cargo, and to those who lost their ships, It's only business.

Fly safe Commanders'

According to the newsletter the full dev team is back to work and part of the team is working on patches while another part is busy working on the multipayer stuff like the coop "Wings" feature, new ships etc.
They don't waste any time, and I am addicted to this game.
The last time I was this hooked was when EVE online came out.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2015, 07:19.

493. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:59 SpectralMeat

Took a piss break and there was 9 more units available.
Thanks for the explanation though.

491. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:49 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 22:48:
Perhaps you are running directly one station behind me?
That's what I am thinking.
I should just fit some guns and interdict you

490. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:48 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 22:38:
You gotta wait. The supply replenishes every 10 minutes. From 1-(12)ish. If the supply says 0, then you know it will replenish. If it is removed (as in no number) then you are at max capacity for that trade good.
Ok Thanks
I'll just wait than.
Just arrived and the supply was like 3 bought it but I'll wait 10minutes

487. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:27 SpectralMeat

I guess.
I didn't find any rares that had more than 7~9T
Lavian Station had 2

484. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:01 SpectralMeat

Now why do you need so much cargo capacity in the Cobra when all you do is pickup 4-5 pieces of cargo. Do you buy anything else in these stations or just the rare goods?
I think the maximum I've seen at a station was like 9 tons of cargo.

482. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 21:30 SpectralMeat

Nope.
From Lave to Any Na is 90.82 Ly and the route is unavailable.
Tried economical and fastest and still the "route" button stays red and says unavailable.

Edit: Nevermind it worked!

481. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 21:26 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 21:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 20:59:
For example I am in CD-75 661 and my next stop is Lave but I can not plot a route to it, only to a system near by and ones I am on my way I will have to re route.
You should be able to plot a route from CD-75 661 to Lave. However, it is close to the max -- 90.82 ly, so it will take some time for it to calculate the jumps. Just sit there 15 seconds or so. If you move towards CD-75 661 you'll see the spiderweb of jumps spreading out...
Ok I will wait a bit, but the problem is the destination is red doesn't even let me plot a route.
Anyways I will give it a bit of time I am Lave now we'll see if the next stop will give me any trouble

477. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 20:59 SpectralMeat

So I am doing that 11 stop trade run.
Is it normal that you can not select the next system on the list as a target point but you have to select something near by and then the final destination?

For example I am in CD-75 661 and my next stop is Lave but I can not plot a route to it, only to a system near by and ones I am on my way I will have to re route.

My Cobra has more than enough jumping distance and the distance between where I am and where I am going is less than 100Ly so I don't understand.
I am selecting the "fastest route"

476. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 20:25 SpectralMeat

and what do you supposed to do when you have no shield? lol  

471. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 18:09 SpectralMeat

Yup each holds 2100, and if you plan to run all multi canons make sure you are killing expensive stuff not 100 or 200 credits worth pirates.
Ammo cost will be quiet a bit.
Also it is a pain in the ass to run out of ammo just before you kill something.
That is why a I usually go 2beams and 2 multicannons or if you have more than 4 wpn mounts mix and match as you like.

Also make sure you assign the weapons to different fire groups, that way while one set is reloading you are keep spraying with the other set.
In case of beams and multi cannon mix than you can switch from beams to cannons ones the enemy shield is down, or beam them while your cannons are reloading.
Doesn't seem like much but when they are running away from you and entering into super cruise every second counts to do as much damage as possible before they escape.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 18:15.

463. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 14:03 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:30:
Thanks for that 11 station loop list. I started running that last night. Got about half way through before the rum caught up with me.
Yeah I've learned it the hard way drinking and flying is not a good mix.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 13:19 SpectralMeat

Jackplug wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:14:
Thank god I didn't buy this boring sandbox piece of shit!
Thank god you didn't!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 12:56 SpectralMeat

No worries  

5170 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo