Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4705 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 LE Trailer
4. Re: Far Cry 4 LE Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 12:52 SpectralMeat

It will be released next month. Maybe preorder numbers are not high enough so they are trying to build up hype with all these trailers.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 3, 2014, 10:24 SpectralMeat

Human Resources looks interesting but PA left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'll wait and see how it turns out and maybe pick it up on sale when it is finished.
Kinda disappointing to see they move onto the next game so soon after they've pushed PA out the door.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 LE Trailer
1. Re: Far Cry 4 LE Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 09:58 SpectralMeat

That harpoon gun looks freaking awesome!
I've loved the nail gun from FEAR and the gravity gun from Red Faction.
Physics based weapons in games just kick so much ass.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 2, 2014, 06:13 SpectralMeat

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 23:12:
Been a noticable lack of confidence in BOTH of the new consoles. Part of this is from third party publishers wanting their games on as many machines as possible, but some is first-party, which is surprising. Forza 5 was Xbone-exclusive but Forza horizon 2 is on Xbone and 360, and altho they're supposedly different games, videos online prove they're more similar than Microsoft wants to admit.

If they want to sell the new consoles they NEED to make games exclusive to them. Cross-generation games just won't look as good, lowering people's interest in the new machines because the old one "does it almost as well". Every game that isn't an exclusive is also a game that holds back people who are on the fence about upgrading. This is the first time iirc that games were still coming out for both generations a year after launch. Maybe it's due to the longer development cycles games have now, dunno. Just doesn't look like anyone is willing to jump in feet first this time.
Agree 100%

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
33. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 15:32 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 15:03:
have they mentioned at all what is going on with the SP campaign?
There was a video blog thingie released a pretty long time ago talking about the SP game but I haven't seen any updates to that in a long time.
Selling virtual ships and MMO is the main focus, that is what the majority of the backers are interested in I guess.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
19. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 12:44 SpectralMeat

Prime example of why it doesn't matter if Chris Roberts and crew will ever finish this game or not.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
31. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:34 SpectralMeat

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:22:
I play a lot of the new games on PS4 as well. My PC would handle them no problem, but I find I prefer sitting my ass on the couch now. Maybe it's because I am almost 40, but honestly I have been looking at a solution that lets me play my PC from the couch as well. (And not on the TV.) I just want to relax when playing games now. 18 years of hunching over a desk to enjoy my favorites is long enough.

VIVA LA COUCH POTATO!
Same here.

21. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 12:56 SpectralMeat

Some PC footage if anyone interested.  

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 09:59 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:45:
A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Motherfucker!

I hate it when that happens too

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:31 SpectralMeat

The game does look pretty awesome  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
12. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 09:16 SpectralMeat

This was quick!
Rome 2 just came last year. I know this won't be out until next year but still seems way too soon

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Diary; Video
4. Re: Cities: Skylines Diary; Video Sep 25, 2014, 14:54 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 12:23:
Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 11:18:
Yeah, I hope it'll be cool. I could do with an actually good Sim City game.

Though it's made by the Cities in Motion devs, and those games are rather meh. It can't be worse than SimCity though and I'm hoping this becomes a hell of a city builder.
Agreed, Cities in Motion games were pretty weak.
This looks good on videos but we'll see how it plays.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Diary; Video
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Diary; Video Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 SpectralMeat

It looks promising  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 08:02 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 07:22:
Whiskers wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 06:57:
... Definitely not going to pick it up on release, but might be fun to pick up when it's 50% - 75% off.

That actually ever happens with the COD franchise?!
It did but with older titles. By older I mean 3+ years old like Black Ops1 or MW2.
After the atrocious pile of shit Ghost was with it's fish Ai I am going to wait for a sale with this one if I'll ever even bother to get it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 24, 2014, 12:42 SpectralMeat

Bought it! Can't wait to get home and check it out.
The first one was my all time favorite tower defense game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2014, 08:01 SpectralMeat

I feel dumber after watching this.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
30. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 16:26 SpectralMeat

Sho wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:12:
No there is no story. You can play single player only but that just means everyone around you is npc not human players.
The game is a sandbox game take missions from agent type of deal or just go and explore, become a pirate or do whatever you want type of deal.
That other space game is going to be a little more story driven SP experience, Elite isn't like that, never was never will be.

Thanks (you too, DangerDog). I was aware of the sandbox and persistence plans when I backed it (fairly low/basic pledge, iirc), so that's alright, and everything I've seen so far looks really yummy ... but right now I'm not really sure I'll actually have time to play anything like that anytime soon, so I guess I was hoping they'd tack on a basic campaign to get a taste.
Well the single player "scenarios" are essentially a tutorial and they start you off with the basics and ease you into the combat and take on a dogfight against multiple enemies at ones etc.
If you want a taste that is your best bet. You can replay them as many times as you want if you do not feel like launching into the game and open world just yet.
There is also a "horde" mode where you can really hone your skills.
They did make a lot of effort to make the game easy to get into but difficult to master. Fun for everyone.

26. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 16:12 SpectralMeat

Sho wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:10:
Hey, can I ask something stupid and basic?

Does this game offer anything for folks who like story-driven singleplayer, or is it purely sandbox when played alone? Is there any sort of story campaign?
No there is no story. You can play single player only but that just means everyone around you is npc not human players.
The game is a sandbox game take missions from agent type of deal or just go and explore, become a pirate or do whatever you want type of deal.
That other space game is going to be a little more story driven SP experience, Elite isn't like that, never was never will be.

23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 15:52 SpectralMeat

The docking tutorial is finally included into the single player portion as well, which is nice seeing how many people are having issues with docking.
After the first few speed docking attempts (try to land with HUD aka broken windshield) docking will be easy breezy.

20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 15:10 SpectralMeat

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:08:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:02:
nin wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:51:
My only gripe is them selling paint jobs. Is that new, or had it been there before and I just missed it?

Other than that, it's all good...

They've been selling those for a while now, and they are only cosmetics. I am sure they will have sales on packs of those or get them as rewards in game etc.
They don't bother me as much as the different ship variants for $100+ for that other space game

Imagine if they did what Valve does and created a marketplace where players could submit content, and the devs take a small cut from each sale. That would be amazing. The market is already there. They could even implement some kind of system that mirrors the existing in-game market that allows the price of things to fluctuate automatically based upon demand, should the content creator set it up that way, and only allow a certain number of the items to be allowed into the market, or something like that.

If you were a good enough artist/modeler/etc, you could easily make back the money you put into the game (and then some), while helping out the developers as well. Why haven't they done this already?
Maybe because noone suggested it to them yet?
Who knows, but it is a good idea.

4705 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo