Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6127 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries
10. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Nov 1, 2015, 10:41 SpectralMeat

Slick wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 10:22:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 08:57:
Rhett wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 20:53:
Never again though. I gave them one last chance with Advanced Warfare. Never ever again.
What was it that you disliked so much about AW?

how about the fact that at the moment, all MP playlists for PC are %100 dead. you can't play multiplayer. no multiplayer. bye bye multiplayer. and it's like that a lot. 1/12 looking for teamates for 60 seconds then it just kicks you back to the main menu. 90% of playlists were dead on the second day after launch. AW on PC sold 10 copies it seems...
That's interesting because I've been playing without issues every night in the past 2 weeks. Plenty of MP games online
Maybe your NAT is closed or something, you have to make sure your nat settings are open
AW is far from being a very popular MP game but I can find a game to play pretty much any time of the day online. I usually just play TDM so maybe the game mode you try to play is not popular?

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2015, 10:47.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Nov 1, 2015, 08:57 SpectralMeat

Rhett wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 20:53:
Never again though. I gave them one last chance with Advanced Warfare. Never ever again.
What was it that you disliked so much about AW?

4. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Oct 31, 2015, 15:30 SpectralMeat

I actually don't mind these games so much, they are a fun distraction every now and then for a half an hour at a time. Reminds me the good old UT days. Just run around spray and pray and be done with it.

I am not in the mood for BF these days, you have to rely too much on team work and if you play with random people online good luck with teamwork.
CoD was always the lone wolf type of MP experience.
I don't think I will buy this new one at full price though, it just isn't worth that much for me.

Between this and and the ultra popular mute the speakers if you don't want to hear retards singing Counter Strike, I get my online fps fix.

1. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Oct 31, 2015, 14:33 SpectralMeat

I can already see the headlines, this was the biggest CoD launch ever, this game is the best one yet, CoD made records sales numbers and tripled last years copies sold in the first 24 hrs, preorder your DLC pack now while supplies last!  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
15. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 17:27 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:25:
Jeez, June?

Hope people still want the game by then. Elite is releasing their planet exploration expansion end of this year and I think there are other games on the horizon that should be out by then.

I think these guys are shooting themselves in the foot waiting that long. Star Citizen's single player campaign might even be out by then! (Squadron 42)
I don't think their target audience is the PC market. On the PS4 there aren't any games like this, hence the PS4 hyping and no mention of the PC.
Like someone mentioned in this thread I wonder if the PC version will even be released in June

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
7. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 16:12 SpectralMeat

Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:59:
Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

Yeah this game doesn't look like one of those story driven open sandbox games. Ones you discover a few planets, fight some space wars and stuff it will get repetitive. Procedural generation doesn't automatically makes good gameplay.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released
2. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released Oct 27, 2015, 10:06 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:03:
Is this like a record for a quick release from TT?

Must be.
The first ep just came out last week, did it not?

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
66. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 17:53 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 14:35:
I don't own it, but do plan on getting it
You're literally saying, "Stop complaining, you got your pizza didn't you?"
Nope
What you are saying is, following your pizza logic is this

I saw my neighbour ordering pizza
They didn't include a dipping sauce with it even though he paid for it.
Fuck those scumbags at the pizza store, they are ripping people off.
As soon as they have crispy bacon as a topping I'll be ordering their pizza too!

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
15. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 17:50 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 15:33:
the tl;dr version:

- We said no microtransactions.
- We're having to put the game on sale from time to time to pay our employees.
- We lowered the cost on several items to try to bring in more money to pay our employees.
- None of this worked, so we decided to triple the size of our team.
- ?
- No, really. We weren't making enough money to pay everyone, so we decided to triple the size of our team.
- ????
- Stop looking at us like that!
- Oh... now we need to make even more money to pay all our employees.
- So, microtransactions?
- Microtransactions.
- We know we said we weren't going to do them, but...
- None of you like them, but apparently a lot of you are buying them, because we're making more money.
- PROFIT! See?! We're geniuses!

really tl;dr version

We're indie devs. Pity us.

64. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 17:38 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:14:
I don't even know wtf you guys are arguing about anymore... Metaphor tangents, yay!
Guy is complaining about Elite doesn't have offline single player mode, even though Frontier said in the kickstarter campaign that it would have that.
They cut it out the last minute for whatever reason.
Because of that Elite didn't deliver on promises.
I called bullshit on his assessment and now everyone is upset. Especially the troll

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2015, 17:45.

59. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 08:48 SpectralMeat

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 05:37:
Cutting offline was the only sensible thing to do. They did the right thing but should have both seen it sooner and told people about it sooner.
I do not believe there was any malicious intent on Frontier's side, however.
Exactly.
There are a lot of things to complain about when it comes to Elite, but saying the game did not deliver because they cut offline play is ridiculous to say the least, and it usually comes from people that are not really invested or interested in the game the begin with.

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released
8. Re: Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released Oct 25, 2015, 21:17 SpectralMeat

The few game plays I've seen looked pretty cool. Is it any good played solo or do you need friends to play this with to be worthwhile?  

54. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 19:35 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 09:04:
I love it when people talk about ELite Dangerous not delivering because one thing they've promised was cut. Nevermind about everything else. Some of you guys need a serious reality check.
Or just quit this whole gaming as a hobby thing because it is clearly not for you. Try bingo or chess or some shit like that.

I tell you I'm going out to get a mushroom, pepper, and sausage pizza, and you give me $10. And I bring back a mushroom and pepper pizza with no sausage, you'd be fine with that? And if you complain, I can tell you I delivered everything else so shut your pizza piehole? And just quit this whole pizza-eating thing because it's not for you? Try a Hot Pocket or Pop Tart or some shit like that?
So you missed the sausage, damn that means the pizza was not delivered at all.

Again I find it interesting that you also complain about ELite yet you do not own it, or plan to buy it.
But hey don't let me stop you complaining about it cuz why not.

Do I think Elite devs should have delivered everything they've promised, sure they should have but just because one thing got cut it doesn't mean the game didn't deliver like some suggests.

We'll see if the other space sim dev will "deliver" on every single thing they've promised.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2015, 19:44.

53. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 19:31 SpectralMeat

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2015, 19:41.

38. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 09:04 SpectralMeat

I love it when people talk about ELite Dangerous not delivering because one thing they've promised was cut. Nevermind about everything else. Some of you guys need a serious reality check.
Or just quit this whole gaming as a hobby thing because it is clearly not for you. Try bingo or chess or some shit like that.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy
1. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy Oct 20, 2015, 20:42 SpectralMeat

Giant Bomb has a let's play up, I was watching last night. The game gave me this Freelancer vibe.
It looks promising.
Giant Bomb video here

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
3. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 19, 2015, 21:50 SpectralMeat

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 21:10:
Good luck trying to play a Russian battleship, all they had were WWI rejects and forget air craft carriers.
There are no Russian battleships

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed Oct 18, 2015, 08:51 SpectralMeat

PacoTaco wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 18:23:
the PC player base will be so small.
It is small. Last time I checked the total PC players of the 3 most popular CoD games on Steam added together were less than half of the people playing Euro Truck Sim.
It was a drop in the Ocean compared to how many people are playing something like CS or Dota.
These games are for console gamers primarily, people on the PC seem to be moved on.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2015, 19:26.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
29. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 19:17 SpectralMeat

If there was offline play and editor people would bitch about something else like why the game doesn't run on Linux or something.
Just can't win

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
17. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 15:27 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:19:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 10:36:
Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0RbIa9WmuI

Is that a clip from Dirt 4?

On a planet far far away
It looks awesome, I can't wait

6127 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo