Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4394 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 22:18 SpectralMeat

The last AC game I've played was AC2. This franchise came a long way since than. I think I am going to pick this up. It looks pretty awesome and the 4 player coop sounds interesting.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:26 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:06:
So I am kinda confused here. Is this a new AC game or a DLC for Black Flag?

It's a new game (well... "new", it's really just content. Everything else is basically exactly the same as Black Flag) that'll come out for PS3 and 360 (no idea if it comes out for PC, tbh.)

Unity is also a new game, but it'll come out on 'next-gen' and PC only. So this is basically just a bone they throw at the 150 million old console owners. (Which makes sense, but it seems supremely lazy. The ship you're sailing is literally the same model as the Jackdaw, and all the enemy ships are the same too.)
Ahh okay, thanks

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:06 SpectralMeat

So I am kinda confused here. Is this a new AC game or a DLC for Black Flag?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video
16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video Aug 13, 2014, 16:20 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 15:11:
If they took the auto-aim out of the CoD series, all MP matches would end with one guy with 2 kills, and the rest with fucking zero.
and even those 2 kills would be some blind fire accident

News Comments > F1 2014 Trailer
6. Re: F1 2014 Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 13:32 SpectralMeat

Actually the new Grid Autosport is a pretty good racing game for people new to racing games.
I don't feel the controls are as twitchy as previous Grid or Dirt games and it eases you into the racing as opposed to throw you in the thick of things like a proper sim.

I agree with Rigs though F1 is not really a new player friendly game however with the latest iterations they've added so much assists that it is not so difficult to get into the game. It still can be frustrating for new players though.
Takes tons of practice to nail those apexes and at the right speed. Practice practice practice!

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
22. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 12:53 SpectralMeat

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 12:28:
That said, I expect this to be a timed exclusive, just like every other MS exclusive. It'll be on PS4 and PC within 6 months of the Xbox release.
I don't know about that.
Titanfall isn't in a big hurry to be available on the PS4.
Same goes for many of the PS4 exclusives. I don't think they will be available on the xbox any time soon.
Exclusive deals suck but that is what sells consoles, not hardware specs.

4. Re: F1 2014 Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 12:44 SpectralMeat

Codemasters have the F1 license so no other company is allowed to make any F1 games.
There are a few pretty good racing games but it all depends on what your father likes. Sims or Arcade racing games, rally, track racing, Nascar etc.

1. Re: F1 2014 Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 10:03 SpectralMeat

It looks pretty much identical to 2013  

News Comments > Project CARS Preorders and LE Details
9. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 11, 2014, 15:16 SpectralMeat

Strange the PS4/Xbone versions in the US BestBuy costs $49.99  

5. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 11, 2014, 13:27 SpectralMeat

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Bandai Namco in the announcement also.

2. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 11, 2014, 11:55 SpectralMeat

When is this supposed to come out?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
11. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 13:09 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:12:
Jamil20 wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 10:28:
Piracy without dog fighting? That would be interesting.

Pirate: Merchant vessel, drop your cargo or I will leave!
Merchant: No.
Pirate: Hm, okay. Bye.

Maybe he means illegally downloading movies.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
16. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:08 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:00:
nin wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:48:
It's the "please save our asses" port!

Hm... If they were honest, it would sound like "Please save our asses, you damned pc pirates! Consoles ftw!"
That was the original version of the press release from the devs but the PR department got involved

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
3. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 11:50 SpectralMeat

Mouse and keyboard support will be a DLC  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
5. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:19 SpectralMeat

ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 10:08:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:43:
I kind of lost interest in this project and the amount of money it collected.
It is awesome to show off the power of PC gamers when it comes to funding to shove it in the console companies face, but at the same time I really wish he would focus on making the game instead of all the other crap he does, like those web tv things and commercials and new ship designs etc.
Sure the new ships are awesome but until you have a game to play those in it is kinda ass backwards to work on those imo.
Just like you have to build a house from the foundation up not from the roof down.

Hmm. When you make a game, a lot of things are being made a the same time. They don't just make a single ship and then move on to creating gameplay... Everything happens at the same time. As for the movies and stuff, that's a completely different source of funding. It's being funded by the subscribers who shell some money each month.
I guess it wasn't obvious from my comment.
I wasn't talking about funding, I was talking about time management, and effort being put into the game itself rather than the fluff.

Sure design some ships say 5-6 or 10 whatever but have a stable base game running before adding in more stuff.
These guys go the opposite direction. They have a working toilet and doorknob in your space ship but will the CryEngine handle the scale of this game? Who cares. Let's make another pretty commercial movie for a new ship.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
2. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 09:43 SpectralMeat

I kind of lost interest in this project and the amount of money it collected.
It is awesome to show off the power of PC gamers when it comes to funding to shove it in the console companies face, but at the same time I really wish he would focus on making the game instead of all the other crap he does, like those web tv things and commercials and new ship designs etc.
Sure the new ships are awesome but until you have a game to play those in it is kinda ass backwards to work on those imo.
Just like you have to build a house from the foundation up not from the roof down.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2014, 09:32 SpectralMeat

wtf_man wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:32:
I was joking.
I know man, I was just making the point that just because you see someone walking out of BestBuy with an Xbone(r) doesn't mean they did not do their research, or doesn't know any better.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 31, 2014, 15:56 SpectralMeat

wtf_man wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 15:43:
I guess that means 50% of us are stupid, while the rest of the world is only 33% stupid. Heh.
I don't think stupidity has as much to do with it as you imply, it is mostly the games that are still exclusive to one console that matters more for people than hardware specs.
I have friends that own the Xbone because they've liked the 360 a lot more than the PS3 and some of the games like Forza, or Halo only available on the Xbone.
Some of their friends are also own the Xbone not the PS4 so for them the decision was simple, go where your friends go.

At the end of the day it is all about the games. If Microsoft manages to secure some killer first party devs they will easily turn this around.
At least now they are on the right track with pricing and "features" not locked to stupid always online crap. Unfortunately the damage is already done, and not everyone wants to own more than 1 console.

News Comments > F1 2014 & 2015 Announced
11. Re: F1 2014 & 2015 Announced Jul 31, 2014, 14:39 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:27:
So why on earth would a PC player buy 2014, if 2015 is going to be a 'next-gen' version only, and will come out soon(ish) thereafter?

It is also for the PC
By the sound of this announcement it will be a DLC update for (hopefully) a fraction of the cost.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 31, 2014, 11:35 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:34:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:31:
Three to one. Hahahahahahahaaaaa. Poor, poor failbox.

But you can watch TV on it (just like you can without it)!

Don't forget the the Kinect camera can see your junk too!

4394 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo