Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5949 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely
4. Re: Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely Jul 21, 2015, 12:22 SpectralMeat

Yeah the no DLC statement was a bit surprising.
It's almost like Dirt Rally was just kind of a side project for them just to see if there's any interest. Kind of like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely
2. Re: Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely Jul 21, 2015, 11:11 SpectralMeat

I am not sure how much more $$ would moddability of a racing game bring in.
It would be nice but I personally never missed mods in racing games tbh.

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
2. Re: On Shooter Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 09:51 SpectralMeat

“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; I helped make Star Citizen.”

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
141. Re: Shooter Citizen May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 09:48 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:42:
it was the nay-sayers that brought the CIG system to a collapse?
That is totally possible.
Nay sayers talked people out of pouring more money into Star Citizen, and Roberts ran out of cash and bankrupt.

By the way I've tried the tutorial mission last night after downloading all the patches. I got into a ship pressed the go forward button and the ship went from 0 to 10,000 miles/hour in 0.0001 seconds so yeah ship handling still needs a tiny bit of work imo.
At that point I just shut it down and went to play something else. I'll check it again in a few months.
Graphics looked pretty good though.

53. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 14:44 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 14:39:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:09:
I have not downloaded the patches in a while, does the space ships still control like a free floating camera? No weight, or mass stop and spin around on a dime?
Nope. In fact controlling the drift it a major part of the gameplay. The latest patch has considerably restricted boost to prevent it being abused, making it a strategic tool rather than a fundamental flight mechanic. The controls have changed in this latest patch and more work is being done. The flight model is not final.
Thanks
I will check it out than. Ones the client downloads all 16Tb of patches

30. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 SpectralMeat

Wildone wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:05:
haa!! That's the rub..its supposed to be a space combat flight sim, and you'd think they'd put SOOO MUCH resources into that huh so its like the BEST experience ever??? Wrong..it feels like they put 10% effort in. Its awkward and just feels 'wrong' -again because the fan boys demanded that all the thrusters all over the ship have some point of control over its vectors..while that sounds cool N all it doesn't make it fun, so they have to come up with ways to counter the 'purists' method of control with a fake fake computer control that's supposed to turn the Newtonian physics into a semi-arcadey but 'fun' flight control, which in turn is complete bollocks and feels horrible..fuck up after fuck up.
I have not downloaded the patches in a while, does the space ships still control like a free floating camera? No weight, or mass stop and spin around on a dime?

26. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:05 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:02:
But as a stretch goal shouldn't this have come after the, you know, actual space game is complete?
I guess the argument now is that the fps part was always a main component of the game and absolutely needed for the space game because of the boarding mechanics or whatever.

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
11. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 15:27 SpectralMeat

I actually liked the other BiA games. With the amount of modern warfare shooters I am aching for a good WW1 or WW2 game. It looks like every developer and their dog is working on either a space game or modern/future shooter
A little variety wouldn't hurt

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
23. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 14:54 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 14:51:
I just wish they had a 40" model that wasn't a few mortgage payments.
Same here man. I don't know why 27" is the top and you can hardly find anything above that.
Even 32" monitors cost multiple times the 27" price

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 17, 2015, 09:33 SpectralMeat

Sad

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 09:45.

News Comments > Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta
4. Re: Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta Jul 16, 2015, 15:30 SpectralMeat

I am sure there will be plenty of gameplay videos on youtube ones the beta is out, if not already.
I saw Raptor had a few video up on youtube including an interview with the devs.
The game looks good there's no doubt about it, but so did all their previous games.
Link to the Raptor vids

News Comments > Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta
2. Re: Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta Jul 16, 2015, 14:47 SpectralMeat

Awesome developer with great support of their games, free DLC etc., but unfortunately their main focus for all their previous games were on the MP.
With RTS games, I have zero interest in MP.
I'll keep an eye on this one but I won't be preordering. Probably grab it on sale after release

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
107. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 12:18 SpectralMeat

I am just glad I did not back this game with more than the minimum $35 or whatever it was. Clearly putting more money into the game won't make it come out sooner.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 16, 2015, 09:24 SpectralMeat

siapnar wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 09:20:
nin wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 09:00:
Only played the second. Concept was great, but the driving was meh. Hopefully that's fixed.
The driving looks twice as arcadey this time around. Looks like they may having improved handling, but there doesn't seem to be much weight to the car
Yeah, thankfully you did not have to do much driving as parachuting around the map was way faster/more fun than any other form of transportation.
Or you could just hijack a chopper or airplane if you've preferred that.

The 3rd game looks like fun and I will probably grab it on sale down the road.
I don't put enough time into these open world games to justify the full asking price.

102. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 08:27 SpectralMeat

Zandog wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 05:44:
B L U E S N E W S

I S

T O X I C
Feel free to stop reading the comments than.

74. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 14:25 SpectralMeat

Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 13:47:
El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 13:42:
harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 11:19:
ahh yes the RED TEXT.. the internet equivalent of clapping your hands rhythmically while youre yelling at someone.. you know, to emphasize the DRAMA

No, no, no. RED means STOP, and in this case RED means FACT. And we all know, when somebody says FACT!, then the discussion is over. You cannot win against FACT and even less vs. FACT!

Mothereffing rainbows! Smash Jester
You guys keep abusing the color usage Blue will switch the website back to monochrome!

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
27. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 15:05 SpectralMeat

Orogogus wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:49:
I think The Cave and most of the Lego games aren't split screen, everyone just shares a single screen.
The newer lego games (ones that came out in the last 3-4 years) are split screen
For Trine I think you have to coop on the same screen anyways, no need split screen for that.
Does Grid 2 have demo derby mode like Grid 1 had? That would be kick ass in split screen

21. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 14:18 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:10:
They're just the games that have support. Splitscreen is unfortunately rare.
There are still a few good games that have split screen, like the Lego titles, Renegade Ops, The Cave, those are a few I usually play with the kids on the PC, but I agree it is not an over populated genre on the PC. Consoles do not have a crap tons of local coop games either. Can't remember if Portal 2 had split screen on the PC, I believe it had it on the console.

EA did the same with Garden Warfare only the console versions had split screen. Such an idiotic decision. Especially nowadays when the living room PCs are a lot more common than they were a few years ago. Local coop split screen games are great fun.

15. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 13:22 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 13:07:
Not that I ever buy any EA games - I boycott them on principle.
I've heard Chris Roberts is teaming up with EA because he is running out of money and needed a publisher to finish Star Citizen

5949 Comments. 298 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo