Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4469 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
20. Re: RE: Follow up Jun 27, 2014, 08:20 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 03:30:
Beta is over? Well that was quick. Nice to see a developer able to fix all the bugs and issues in the game so quickly. Yeah excellent work!
Yeah exactly.
This was more of a hype generator than a "beta"
I wish the best of luck for them.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders
8. Re: DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders Jun 27, 2014, 05:22 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 03:47:
Within five minutes the guy is banned, within 10 minutes his entire post history erased. Really fucking sad.
Nice

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
20. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 11:03 SpectralMeat

Alamar wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:56:
Minecraft really is this generation's Lego...

Agreed, it really is

14. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 10:31 SpectralMeat

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:30:
I think this game is amazing to capture the young ones like this. I much rather see my kids play something like this than CoD

Strongly agree, my 7 y/o plays Minecraft and also physical Legos, both are great for creativity and imagination.
Yep my 7year old son also loves Legos.
I love to step on those dang lego pieces in the morning as I am finding my way to the Kitchen for some coffee

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
6. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 10:21 SpectralMeat

I've managed to download it on the "free weekend" but didn't get a chance to play it. What a waste of bandwidth.
The way EA games go on sale this might even be free in a few moths, or $5 by holidays?

10. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 10:17 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:14:
Its kind of sad to see that in the park though. Whats the point of going outside to play if they are basically still playing minecraft on their ipads or whatever?? Sigh...50 years from now kids wont even know what a tree looks like in real life, they will probably recognise one in a picture on their tablet of choice...
agreed
Some kids spend way too much time staring at the screens.

6. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 09:58 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:55:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:45:
I saw some kids playing minecraft at the local park

Im trying to picture this in my head but really cant get it to work with my (limited) imagination. Were they like sitting in the sand pit and playing it on their laptops?? Worried
More like on their iPod or iPad.
This game is on every imaginable platform.
My 7 yrs old son plays this all the time. He shows me the stuff he built, and than when he gets together with his other friends they are talking about all their Mincraft stories.
I think this game is amazing to capture the young ones like this. I much rather see my kids play something like this than CoD

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 19:33 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 16:43:
Which game is that? I haven't actually played an F1 game in probably ten years or so.

Nevertheless, I still want long races.
F1-2013 from Codemasters

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 15:51 SpectralMeat

Oh and just for the sake of testing in F1 I've tried and raced very cautiously (started from pole position and I was in last place after 5 laps) to see if my car will feel like I am driving on ice if I take care of my tires, instead of flying into every corner.
Exact same results. From one lap to the next it is like a switch being flipped and the car slides around like the track became ice. While the Ai is driving the same or faster.
It just frustrates the shit out of me.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 15:44 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 15:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:52:
Iirc you could set them to longer as well not only double, but from what I am seeing the shorter race lengths aren't a problem as you are sweating through those 4-5 laps races to be over with as the Ai is breathing down your neck waiting for you to make a mistake.

But that's just it, you make one mistake in a five lap race and you're done (against good AI anyway.) If you're running a 25 lap race, you can make a mistake and still make it up.

I'd always run real length races in the F1 games I played (so 60-70 laps), and I just think it's way more fun than these games where you race 3 laps and wooo, you're the winner.
I am not that good at racing games unfortunately.
Playing F1 myself I find the Ai keeps getting faster and faster every lap and I just can not keep up by the end of the race. Not to mention the bullshit tire wear they have in the game.
Literally after the first 4-5 laps the car feels like you are driving on ice while the Ai have no problem blast right by you and I can not make up the gap within a 10-15 lap race.
I might try a longer race and see if it is any different, although I am having trouble to be consistent for that long.
That is the reason I never really got into iRacing either. I much prefer piss off the Ai than real people.
Some of those races in F1 I am literally sweating by the end of the race. Also those R&D objectives can suck balls big time too. The objectives don't compensate for weather conditions. Just frustrating as hell.

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
31. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 15:06 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 14:47:
People have this weird notion that things are guaranteed to be dumbed down to be on consoles.
Because that is usually the case. Minecraft is the exception not the rule.
Just look at some of the older PC games that came out with a new fresh version recently also developed for the consoles. Games like Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer, or Thief. We also have games like Watch Dogs that got gimped in the graphics department in favor of the consoles, and the list goes on.
I think people rightfully so are concerned about games that are primarily developed for the consoles especially console exclusives.
Of course on the flip side we have PC exclusive games are are pretty dumbed down also like X-Rebirth, but thankfully not too many of those are in existence.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 13:52 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:44:
That at least sounds promising. Can you force the game to give you longer races right off the bat, or is it stuck with the "you're in the beginning of career mode, so you do 3 lap races?"
I know you've asked Jaguar but I thought I'd chime in, I saw one of the preview vids where they've changed the race length to double on an endurance race so it went from 8 to 16 laps.
Iirc you could set them to longer as well not only double, but from what I am seeing the shorter race lengths aren't a problem as you are sweating through those 4-5 laps races to be over with as the Ai is breathing down your neck waiting for you to make a mistake.

I am sure jaguar can give you a more detailed answer as he has the game.

I am planning to try the demo and if I like it I will pick it up from GMG for $37.
Coupon works until Friday

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 12:42 SpectralMeat

I wonder how well this game will do on sales charts.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Jun 25, 2014, 12:26 SpectralMeat

Whiskers wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 22:27:
I don't understand why all these games feel the need to add the ability to see enemies behind walls. That used to be called a wall hack.
Well the wallhack was so popular the devs thought the best way to beat the hackers is by giving everyone the ability legally.

16. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 12:08 SpectralMeat

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 11:14:
Drool2
Oh you just wait.
Things like these are not even in the beta yet:
For example Parts of the ships will fall of as the ship coming apart during dogfight. They already have the canopy breach in the beta which is pretty interesting, (ones the "windshield" breaks you have 2 minutes to find a station and dock before air runs out and you die, problem is all your navigational instruments are on your "windshield" so you will have to navigate your ship without any aid) but the damage modeling will be a lot more detailed.

The fuel requirements are not even in the beta yet.
You can not just fly across the universe, you will have to refuel your ship by skimming the surface of a planet, or refine fuel by mining? Not sure how that will work yet but you have to refuel somehow because there won't be space stations in every system to get repairs and fuel.

I can't wait for the final game to be released. It will kick so much ass.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 11:40 SpectralMeat

Creston

You might have to try the "unofficial demo" to find out if you like this game or not.
I am kind of pissed at Codemasters myself for the cash grabbing they've been doing with all their franchises from Dirt to F1 but this game might be a good one.
Althought they've been going down the Need For Speed road lately with the "ship an empty disc as finished game and everything is DLC" strategy.
I used to pour endless amount of time into their first games, Dirt1 and Grid1, but everything kinda went downhill from there on.

Edit: If you still want to pick the game up GMG has a 25% off coupon that works on Grid

10. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 11:10 SpectralMeat

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 11:08:
In the meantime...
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10977
Gave it a quick try last night after everything was updated to beta2.
The frame rate improvements are noticable. Everything runs so smooth now. They've also made some graphical changes the HUD in the ship looks different and during dogfight things look different more particles and everything is prettier.
Liking it a lot so far.
The new space station is a beast

7. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 10:42 SpectralMeat

No I wouldn't boycot anything the consoles need their Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous fix also but I would not buy a PS4 for this game.
If I already have a PS4 I would probably check this out.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 25, 2014, 09:43 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 09:39:
I'm confused as well...

what else is new

3. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 09:42 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 09:39:
wth, i thought they were developing it for PC too, they were using a fkn devkit ON A PC
Maybe it was at the beginning but then Sony opened up their wallet.

4469 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo