Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4357 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:38 SpectralMeat

harlock wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 15:33:
i feel the need to invest in a HOTAS and VR setup for this
Good idea
The beta is awesome with TrackIR and a HOTAS. I can imagine it will be even better with VR.

As for the ugly ship comment, the sidewinder does look pretty fugly but that is your starter ship, and you never see your own ship from the outside while you are flying it. Only when you dock at the station on the outfitting screen. The other ships look pretty awesome though. I am saving up for a cobra.
The character progress will probably be reset before I can get there though

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 14:12 SpectralMeat

Harrowing wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:04:
fanboy drugs are bad mmmkay
are you drunk?

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 14:26.

6. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 13:40 SpectralMeat

Harrowing wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:35:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:23:
If you are looking for a rich story driven experience Star Citizen might be a better game for you.
This game is a sandbox experience much like EVE Online but in first person view, and a ton more fun imo.

It's at least 3-4 years away from being EvE Online in it's most basic form. How do you know Star Citizen is fun when all you can do now is walk around in a hangar and fly very arcadey dog fighting module vs AI.

Please don't compare EvE or E:D to the current state of SC. It's insulting.
I wasn't comparing any games to SC in it's current state, and I definitely did not say SC is fun, not really sure where did you get that, just read my comment you quoted.
All I was saying was if you are looking for a story driven experience in a space game, SC might be a better choice than Elite.

News Comments > Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer
1. Re: Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 13:26 SpectralMeat

Looks like it's running at 10fps  

4. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 13:23 SpectralMeat

If you are looking for a rich story driven experience Star Citizen might be a better game for you.
This game is a sandbox experience much like EVE Online but in first person view, and a ton more fun imo.

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
8. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 13:10 SpectralMeat

bhcompy wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:28:
Okay, so I can understand Battlefield and Dragon Age. Those games can give GPUs a heavy workout.. but Plants vs Zombies?
The game they are talking about is the new 3rd person shooter Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, not the old 2D game.

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
11. Re: Dreadnought Announced Jun 10, 2014, 15:39 SpectralMeat

Sugarman wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:33:
Found some gameplay footage, narrated in german.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auk7ftRvusI
Looked like MechWarrior Online in space ships

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
1. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 13:32 SpectralMeat

Pre rendered shit, where is the gameplay?  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 09:15 SpectralMeat

I wonder what the FOV setting was in that gameplay video, it made me feel sick.
Also everything was so conveniently placed where you need them, so you can play out the Micheal Bay style Hollywood explosions and car chase sequences sprinkled with some qte.
Hope this will be good as the previous one was pretty good.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 1
22. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 1 Jun 10, 2014, 08:49 SpectralMeat

I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't give a flying funk about GTA.
I've had it for the 360 just to try it out but sold it after about an hour of gameplay.
The only open world "make your own adventure" type games that interest me are space games for some reason.
I think what bothered me the most about GTA5 was the world wasn't persistent. You destroy a bunch of lamp posts or whatever turn around and everything is reset like nothing happened.
If the World was persistent I think i'd have a lot more interest in these type of games.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 08:10 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 22:27:
I hate the acting in these videos. I want to see some raw gameplay without that bullshit.
+1
I also wish companies would stop wasting time and money on prerendered videos, no one cares about those these days.
Just give us more actual gameplay, that is much more impressive than a prerendered "story" trailer for a video game.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
9. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 23:11 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 22:02:
This was about as realistic as that stage demo for The Division. Don't get me wrong, that one was cool, just wasn't real. This one was even more fake.
Agreed.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
6. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 9, 2014, 21:43 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 20:46:
mmm, could be a staged demo reel, i bet the real game won't be like that
Exactly what I thought, it looked too perfect, and nothing like a real MP game would have been like.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 18:23 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 18:07:
Dude was 10 feet behind a wall and died, was shooting at someone previously,

Relax it's only a beta

/sarcasm

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 16:14 SpectralMeat

PCGamer preview with some video if anyone interested.
It looks like a re skinned BF4

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
5. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 15:21 SpectralMeat

The Division looks better than ever but since it is a Ubisoft game I wonder how much of a graphical degeneration it will go through until it is released.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
61. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 12:33 SpectralMeat

Nom4d wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:57:
big red warning label saying "THIS IS PRE ALPHA / ALPHA! Nothing is final! Help us improve the game, by purchasing this shiny new space ship for just $180 while supplies last" and yet no one seems to grasp this whatsoever.
Fixed that for you
I get that it is Alpha not final dude, which is why I said hopefully by Beta version the handling will be acceptable. Even though they seemed to be more concerned with pretty commercial videos for digital space ships than patching the Arena Commander with the fixes they've done based on community feedback

58. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 12:28 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

Isn't that kind of the point (or one of the points) of this entire arena commander release, though? To get that kind of feedback so they can tweak the flight model?

Of course it is, which is why I said:

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:11:
At the end of the day I dislike how the ship I have access to handles and I hope they will somehow make this more fun during the dev process.

48. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 09:11 SpectralMeat

warmbluelasers wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:03:
It really doesn't feel like Freelancer, having just played it a few months ago. Freelancer was completely on rails and instantly responsive.
Yeah there is definitely some input lag. Freelancer is more responsive but also it is a 10 or so years old game.
To me SC felt closest to Freelancer handling though, but I am no expert.
At the end of the day I dislike how the ship I have access to handles and I hope they will somehow make this more fun during the dev process.

44. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 08:17 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 06:32:
Mordhaus wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 19:52:
I know what you mean, I asked for a refund of 180 bucks because Arena Commander had a completely different flight model than what was promised from day 1. I have a bad feeling this is Duke Nukem Forever v2.

This is an interesting post. A backer who asked for his money back (very few of those around). Could you clarify what exactly is wrong with the DFM? Im not trying to troll or anything, Im merely interested in how the end result differs from what was promised?

I know this question wasn't asked from me, but for me the handling in SC is kind of weird.
Much more simplified than Elite.
It feels like the ship handling was made for people playing with kb+m or a game pad.
If you play Freelancer again the ship handling is a lot like that.
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

Seeing that they are still making "commercial" videos for ship packages I guess actual game development is still not that important to work on. Saw these new ships on the store page with $180 and $150 price tags and Chris Roberts smiling in the hoodie on the right side of the page makes me want to throw up.
Anyways hope they will start working on actual physics and handling on this game one day and not just graphics and animations.

4357 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo