Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6021 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War Free Weekend & Sale
7. Re: Total War Free Weekend & Sale Jun 26, 2015, 09:03 SpectralMeat

Does anyone plays Attila? Any good?  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM2 E3 Trailer
15. Re: XCOM2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 09:02 SpectralMeat

peteham wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 04:29:
A significant change for overwatch, if I've understood correctly, is that shots in XCOM2 are taken in sequence rather than all at once. So in the current XCOM, if you have six squad members on overwatch who all see the same enemy moving, they'll all fire on that enemy even if the first guy kills it - basically wasting five overwatch shots.
That's good to hear.
I am looking forward to this game very much

News Comments > Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued
5. Re: Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued Jun 25, 2015, 10:00 SpectralMeat

I've never had any issues with Logitech support. I don't care about their forum, if I have an issue with any of their products I just contact customer support.
They've been serving me really well so far. Can't say anything bad about them.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 10:53 SpectralMeat

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:46:
Pre-order cost in Canada is $80 for the basic and $90 for the "Deluxe" edition that only have two emotes as exclusives. I know our dollar has dropped compared to USD but it still feels like a ripoff. I think I'll stick with my no pre-order pledge and wait for a PC drop and/or reviews. Too bad too, that Hoth demo from E3 pushed all my right buttons.
Yeah they basically asking the same price for console and PC versions
EA always does this.
GMG usually have deals on EA games prior to release, or just wait for a deal from Origin after the game is out.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 10:45 SpectralMeat

EA is so generous, showing us a whooping 30 seconds of PC gameplay.  

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
16. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 16:13 SpectralMeat

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:07:
PC owners should use steams new refund policy and refund the game until it is in proper state for PC(if ever).
Assuming people bought the game from Steam and not from GMG with their 40% off promo code

News Comments > Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75
7. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 15:22 SpectralMeat

Spend your money wisely. If it isn't worth it for you than do not buy it. There are many other games that can be listed here that does the same thing, that other space game in the making is the most famous for it.
Game will be $30 when it comes out, and probably much much lower on sales after release.
For the hardcore fans I am sure the beta cost will worth it.
I personally didn't regret spending money on the beta for Elite, I got my money worth out of it in entertainment. To each their own

News Comments > The Division Preorders & Beta Signups
5. Re: The Division Preorders & Beta Signups Jun 23, 2015, 15:06 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:57:
Pre-order now, as we don't have a lot of time left to make it look worse again!

Yep I fully expect it to look nothing like the "gameplay" trailer they've showed 2 years ago

News Comments > The Division Preorders & Beta Signups
2. Re: The Division Preorders & Beta Signups Jun 23, 2015, 13:40 SpectralMeat

Got the beta code for the xbone. I'll check it out in December.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 09:57 SpectralMeat

NKD wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 09:55:
Laughing pretty hard at all the retards who preordered this steaming pile. People never learn.
I think a lot of people got this game for free with their video card purchase, for everyone else thank Valve for the refund policy.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 09:28 SpectralMeat

Ars Technica also have an article about the issues.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
31. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 08:05 SpectralMeat

RPS pretty much sums up how I (an apperantly many others) feel about the PC2 announcement.

Big studios are always hustling for their next project or sequel once a gameís out the door, of course Ė they couldnít survive if they didnít. That process normally takes place behind closed doors, so seeing it is a bit weird. Asking for cash not from publishers but rather people who still donít really have what you sold them the first time is it a bit icky. But hey, itís your money.
If you have £10,000 to spend on a Michelin-starred dinner date with Slighty Madís head of studio, you may be less concerned about such things. Donít be surprised if Cars 2 launches wonky and Slightly Mad quickly announce something new, though.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2015, 08:52.

17. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 17:34 SpectralMeat

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:37:
...but still, every studio does this, we only know about their time frame because part of their funding is public. At least they're upfront about it...
Planning a sequel and asking money for a sequel 6 weeks after the first game was just launched is 2 different things.
For the costumers this automatically means support is being dropped 6 weeks after the first game launched. Even if this is not true.

Whether they plan a sequel or not they shouldn't have announce it and even worst ask money for it only 6 weeks after release of the first game which obviously still have issues that needs solving.

It's just my 2 cents, I know what you mean about other devs planning the sequel even before the first game they work on being released, but Mad Studios decision on the timing of the sequel announcement and starting a crowd funding already wasn't very smart imo.
It will do a lot more harm than good.
I am sure they've made enough on PC1 that they could have started the early stages of development without any crowd funding

13. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 16:07 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:02:
Seriously, doesn't every studio do this?

No they don't. In my opinion a studio should make enough money off of a game to at least start a sequel. In order to do that they should have the game on the market for at least a year or more and support the shit out of it so people feel comfortable to support the studio.
What these guys do has the exact opposite effect on costumers.
Hey pay us $80 now so we can make a game that will be dropped the day it comes out so we can start working on a sequel or a totally different game.
But we promise we will support the game and release patches, really, pinky promise.
If the game doesn't make enough to start development on a sequel than well that game wasn't successful enough to grant a sequel.

9. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 15:39 SpectralMeat

Aero wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 15:35:
I dunno that I can trust anything they claim this early. Back when they first started taking "investments" for PCARS1, $25 was supposed to get you a digital copy of the game when it was released. Then not long before the release they changed the rules and what your $25 got you was a $25 coupon (which expired two weeks after release).

That's pretty shady the way I see things. True, they did offer to refund people's money if they were unhappy with this situation (and regularly checked the message board to know what was going on before the refund offer expired), but that's no way to behave regardless.

This time they are smarter about it, minimum is $80 (or in my case $100CDN)

4. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 15:04 SpectralMeat

I am not mad about it I just won't buy their games.
PC1 was released 6 weeks ago and it's already on the back burner.

1. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 14:46 SpectralMeat

PC1 is out the door time to move on to the next title.
Lowest tier on the crowd founding site costs $80US (~$100CDN)
Best of luck to them.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2015, 11:53 SpectralMeat

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:48:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:43:
dj LiTh wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:01:
That free Windows 10 promise to pirated versions of Windows was questionable the begin with anyways.
With that said all pirated versions say "Genuine" anyways so I am pretty sure it will be easy enough to trick the authentication process to get 10 for free.
It's Microsoft's best interest to have everyone and their dog onto 10.

I actually upgraded a Pirated Win7Ultimate to a 8 for i think 15$ at the time? Now it looks like that 15$ is going further then i thought it would. If its anything like how they did the upgrade from 7 to 8, it shouldnt be too hard to get the legit version if your savvy enough.
I think it was $35 for the first year to get Win8.
Either way I don't know why Microsoft cares for Genuine versions when they are giving the OS away for free anyways.
Just give it away for everyone and eliminate the piracy.
They obviously aren't making their money on the OS sales

Here's the link It was for upgrades if you bought a laptop or computer with win7 within like the last 3months right before release.
Ohh that promotion, right I forgot about that one.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2015, 11:43 SpectralMeat

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:01:
That free Windows 10 promise to pirated versions of Windows was questionable the begin with anyways.
With that said all pirated versions say "Genuine" anyways so I am pretty sure it will be easy enough to trick the authentication process to get 10 for free.

I actually upgraded a Pirated Win7Ultimate to a 8 for i think 15$ at the time? Now it looks like that 15$ is going further then i thought it would. If its anything like how they did the upgrade from 7 to 8, it shouldnt be too hard to get the legit version if your savvy enough.
I think it was $35 for the first year to get Win8.
Either way I don't know why Microsoft cares for Genuine versions when they are giving the OS away for free anyways.
Just give it away for everyone and eliminate the piracy.
They obviously aren't making their money on the OS sales

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 22, 2015, 11:01 SpectralMeat

6021 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo