Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5130 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
51. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:30 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:11:
I think you're refusing to believe that they're not focused on making the game because having something to flame about on the internet is more sensational and fun for you, but whatever.
I wouldn't have backed the project if this would be true.
I have my doubts about Chris Roberts and company and I've shared those doubts with you since you seem to be very interested why I dislike their ways.
If any of my replies to your questions seem like flaming then yeah I guess I am one of those flamers
Especially when I smell the snake oil

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
528. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 12, 2015, 16:28 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 06:37:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 23:19:
True. I haven't flown a cobra in a while. There's a lot more inertia than I remember. I keep after burning and looping towards the mail slot only to find the turning radius isn't what I'm expecting.
Yeah if the speed gage is out of the blue zone the turning radius goes to shit.
This is even more pronounced in bigger ships. The Type6 is like steering a whale if you are not in the blue speed zone

The clipper turns on a dime, though! That ship is soooo fast.
Yeah I meant the space trucks like the Type9
That thing looks like it barely fits through the mail slot.

49. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 16:12 SpectralMeat

I am not dis informing anybody I am pretty sure people on this board are well informed about Star Citizen.
You seem to have a problem with my opinion on Chris Roberts.
Well I am truly sorry about that.
Maybe if he would stop acting like a rock super star on stage, throwing Star Citizen Con gatherings and such for a game that is "according to you" 2 years away that would help me get over the snake oil salesman feel.
Just my opinion dude.

Edit: I just dislike the direction he runs his business with the `mo money `mo money `mo money mentality instead of the let's focus on finishing the damn game.
If he has a killer game in the making he will be making money with it years after it's released with expansions, new ships etc.
But he seem to be focused on riding the hype train get as much in funding as possible instead.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2015, 16:20.

47. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 15:03 SpectralMeat

Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:54:
what makes you decide that CIG is selling snake oil?
I can't put my finger on a single thing but those $10,000 virtual space ships for a not existing game has something to do with it.

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
13. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 14:41 SpectralMeat

4K is old tech anyways. 5K is the shit  

8. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 14:27 SpectralMeat

dp=display port  

45. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 14:26 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:12:
If it is all good months then these things are just part of the charade. I hope they have reported faithfully and with a project like this there had to be a not so good month every so often.
Well if you want a real honest monthly progress report I think you should check out Limit Theory. That one man show company isn't run by a snake oil sales man.

5. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 13:05 SpectralMeat

descender wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:04:
4K @ 60HZ can only be run through displayport. HDMI only support 4k@30hz.

Something is going to have to give there before I'm getting a 4K monitor.
Yeah most new cards have dp

News Comments > New Hitman Game Details This Year
5. Re: New Hitman Game Details This Year Jan 12, 2015, 12:39 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 12:33:
It seems to be confusing because it wants you to try various ways to take out the target, but knowing I can just go guns blazing makes it a predicament or what to do.
Yes you can but it is so much more rewarding (literally you get more points for completing the levels) if you are playing stealthy as a hitman.
Of course if the level frustrates you, you can just mow down everyone to move on.
I personally enjoyed the choice. You make the game as tough as you want for yourself instead of the game designers set the difficulty for you.

I did also enjoy Absolution and I am looking forward to the next Hitman game.

2. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 10:36 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 10:26:
Is there a card that actually runs 4K solo?
I would love to have a 4k-32" monitor that can do at least 60Hz and doesn't cost an arm and leg.
I think most newer cards can do 4k solo via display port

37. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 08:34 SpectralMeat

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 08:31:
The sorts of people gullible enough to dump 1000s of dollars into an unreleased game are likely the same type who would turn on RSI if things don't meet their expectations.
Oh I am pretty sure they would/will. Especially with the refund policy CGI has.

526. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 12, 2015, 06:37 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 23:19:
True. I haven't flown a cobra in a while. There's a lot more inertia than I remember. I keep after burning and looping towards the mail slot only to find the turning radius isn't what I'm expecting.
Yeah if the speed gage is out of the blue zone the turning radius goes to shit.
This is even more pronounced in bigger ships. The Type6 is like steering a whale if you are not in the blue speed zone

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
55. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 12, 2015, 06:36 SpectralMeat

Moog wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:45:
Armengar wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 12:07:
Problem is, playing with your mates is one thing but that means the professional gankers will also play with their mates making some areas very bad indeed.
Except what is supposed to be an option is to play as a "private group" with just you, your mates and NPCs (as well as "solo" and "open play", ie. gank central).

Personally, I will never play 'open' as I am not content for the ex-Eve scum of the universe. However, the 'private group' option doesn't currently work - a slight oversight for a 'MMO' FFS!
Accroding to their latest news letter that is going to be available soon.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
54. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 12, 2015, 06:35 SpectralMeat

Jyve wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 02:02:

Again, I love the game and it's scope is stellar, but it's Frontier's customer side that I think is terrible, they probably don't have many staff handling it and it shows.

If you buy something and you get back more money than you've had before you bought it than you keep hitting buy to gain money don't you think that this is considered knowingly exploit a bug? (I am not talking about you personally but the others)

If you did it ones and it was truly unintentional yet you get a letter like that from them than I agree that is shitty business and I'd contact them right away via support ticket explaining the situation, and get my name removed from that exploiter list.

The reason why it wasn't patched right away is because the game came out just before the holidays and all the staff were off during the holidays.
Again not the best way to do a game release but for the most part it wasn't as bad as some other games that came out recently.

I am not saying the game is perfect, or that it doesn't need patching or that their customer service can not use some work, but I am not saying that they suck at patching or that they lock "innocent" people out of the game because that is not the way they are. If they are that way I seriously mis judge them during the past 7 months since I've been supporting them and playing their betas and finished game.

Yes they did make some shitty moves that I don't necessarily agree with but overall I think they are awesome and if I were you I'd contact them right away explaining what happened and have my name removed from that list.
You have nothing to loose if you do.

Actually one of the other guy on this forum who plays Elite had that same bug and I don't think he got a letter from them or otherwise he would have been telling us about it.
He is an active poster in the giant Elite thread.

524. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 11, 2015, 22:02 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 21:58:
Funny you guys talking about docking computers. I re-bought a cobra for rare trade runs. I haven't gotten the 'A' thrusters yet, and I almost splatted four times already trying to dock today.
and you were making fun of me for using a docking computer
Karma is a bitch!

522. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 11, 2015, 20:25 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 16:57:
Yeah, that definitely puts the damper on getting a docking computer. Was considering one when/if I upgrade my Cobra trader to a Type-6.
Yeah it looks kinda bugged atm.
I will see if I can submit a bug report to them.
Strange as I've never had that problem with other ships and I am planning to have docking computer for the bigger ships.

Edit: I created a ticket, explained it in text and I could also attach the video to the ticket. We'll see what they say.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2015, 20:37.

48. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 11, 2015, 11:41 SpectralMeat

Jyve wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 06:57:
B) Frontier themselves suck at handling customer issues/bugs it appears. They have bugs in game, that players who aren't aware of anything they've done, cause them to get an email accusing them of being exploiters of the game.

That's some serious tinfoil hat theory you got going.
I am 1000% sure those that exploit the game has no clue what they were doing was not allowed.

Frontier is not very good at patching up the game?
Really?
Show me one other game dev studio that does a better job at patching their game up at release and have a game a lot better state than ED was.
If you were expecting them to release a perfect bug free game at this day and age you probably did not play too many games that came out in the last decade on release.

I've put about 150hrs into the game so far and haven't seen all these magical "oh I didn't know I was doing something wrong" claims but I am sure I am the exception not the rule here.

517. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 11, 2015, 09:58 SpectralMeat

I don't know if I am the only lucky pilot out there but I managed to buy a drunk docking computer I did not come across that problem again if I request docking in front of the station but it still slams my ship against the landing platform. Asshole!!

I didn't have that issue with the Cobra and Viper docking computers.
I may submit a bug report to Frontier.
If my space truck didn't have shield I'd be in trouble

513. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 23:46 SpectralMeat

Damn it I am having a hard time letting the Cobra go.
There is always something inside the cargo hull and I can not buy a new ship while this one isn't empty. I guess there isn't any cargo transfer method.
The stations where the cargo hold is least loaded so I would take the least amount of damage selling the goods cheaper has no Type 6 available.

Damn you MrTact for getting me hooked on this hamster wheel lol

510. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 14:28 SpectralMeat

Oh okay that I didn't see, sorry  

5130 Comments. 257 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo