Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4840 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed
1. Re: Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 20:27 SpectralMeat

I bet people can not wait to preorder this one.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
66. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 19:21 SpectralMeat

Lorcin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 18:49:

Hate to say it but I fear this game will get marked down because people are used to being spoon fed games now.
yep my thoughts exactly

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
44. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 15:22 SpectralMeat

Zombiegoat213 wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:16:
I keep thinking of Daikatana, and I really hope I am wrong.
70 mill stretch goal: Romero joins the team

63. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 15:13 SpectralMeat

Dacron wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:38:
By the way the gamma is pretty buggy, using TrackIR and mouse controls the menus are just all screwed up. TrackIR moves the menus around and I think it causes issues with the mouse. Even with the joystick controls in the menu the "enter" key doesn't register I actually have to hit enter on my keyboard. Hope that will get patched up because it is pretty annoying.
I also have to learn how to navigate the map, took on a mission to deliver some booze and I've had no clue where to go. Checked the mission blurb but couldn't find the station I was supposed to deliver to.

I only use the galaxy map for planning multiple system jumps, if it is a single jump mission I find it is much easier to use the menu on the left (the one with missions) to find the system your travelling to (if it is within your range, at the bottom of the menu with local planets/stations)... I have gotten 1 mission so far without a specific station to go to, it had a system listed so I tried the 3 stations in the system and finished it on the 3rd. It was a delivery mission as well (Fish I think).
You know I think the problem was I was looking for the station in the wrong system. The game started me up in some L3.. whatever system and the delivery was supposed to be made to a station in L3... whatever system so I was looking for the station on the left side in the menu but other than asteroid belts and planets I did not see the station there.
I ended up canceling the mission, I will try another one tonight.
I am pretty sure I needed to do a system jump but I didn't pay attention to what system I was supposed to deliver and what system I was in.
Most missions were paying like 1,000-2,000 credit this one was almost 4k so.

I wanted to go to SOL system too but it was too far and the computer didn't let me jump due to not enough fuel.
So yeah there are a lot of things I gotta learn before the game goes live.

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
14. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 14:48 SpectralMeat

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:39:
Spectralmeat you forgot to put in your obligatory dig at Star Citizen on your post. Edit that shit in man
Sorry about that, I'll make sure I won't make that mistake again.

61. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 14:46 SpectralMeat

Bundy wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:14:
Given that, there's gonna be another save game wipe before release.
Yeah that is fine, at least I gotta get used to the navigation and how to get around so I can start working on missions ones the game goes live.
I haven't played it since beta 1
Even docking was an issue last night, practice practice practice

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
1. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 10:05 SpectralMeat

That's pretty awesome of them, also some details about how to run the game, all included in the package:

For PC only. Requires Windows XP or greater

Package includes a disk image of the original Elite for BBC Micro B; BeebEm, a BBC Micro and Master 128 emulator that enables you to run BBC Micro software on your PC; and instructions for getting started with both BeebEm and Elite.

59. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Armengar wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 08:57:
The sheer fact that refunds are being offered at all is a plus.
Definitely since the other space game doesn't offer any. It will be interesting to see the drama from those $10,000+ backers when something they wanted to have in that game won't make it in.
Then Chris will give us a washing machine or clothes hanger for our hanger and it will be all good, like a Jedi mind trick.

By the way the gamma is pretty buggy, using TrackIR and mouse controls the menus are just all screwed up. TrackIR moves the menus around and I think it causes issues with the mouse. Even with the joystick controls in the menu the "enter" key doesn't register I actually have to hit enter on my keyboard. Hope that will get patched up because it is pretty annoying.
I also have to learn how to navigate the map, took on a mission to deliver some booze and I've had no clue where to go. Checked the mission blurb but couldn't find the station I was supposed to deliver to.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2014, 09:51.

28. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 17:11 SpectralMeat

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:51:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:35:
There's already been an announcement that you can get your money back for the game regardless if you've played the alpha/beta. They might just refund you the price of the "game" minus the additional cost of joining the alpha/beta.

I would think there's going to be some push back against handing out refunds to people who have buyers remorse for spending so much on accessing the alpha version especially since it was $300.

People really paid $300 for a game that was in alpha? lmao
Did you see the $5,000+ ship packages for SC? People bought that before there was any alpha/beta available to even play.
Just sayin

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
8. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 22, 2014, 09:09 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:14:
Set a reminder on your PC so that Gary Numan's Cars starts playing on repeat on that day so you'll remember...if you're not too busy dancing to it instead.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 14:44 SpectralMeat

verybad1 wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:42:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:50:
Another issue with both Unity and DA:I is the non PC versions of the game you need a potato to play.

Well I DO have a potato, I just don't want to play in the first place. Guess that's another way around this crash problem.
Yes that is the best workaround ever.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
152. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 21, 2014, 11:48 SpectralMeat

Ventura wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 06:05:
bigspender wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:58:
i have obviouosly missed something here - people are freaking out because the game has single player that will occasionally sync with an online world to keep it dynamic?

Occasionally sync? Man, if you're going to post about the topic, at least do your homework.

What the new Elite's solo mode is closer to is basically playing WoW but being able to turn all other players off in the options. There's nothing "occasionally" about it, every time you so much as let a fart rip in your craft, the game phones home to tell the server.
Yep so you can get some air freshener ads pop up at the next space station when you dock.
Sounds pretty awesome to me.

107. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 16:24 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 16:18:
Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:30:
claiming they will.)

What happened here?
They promised a giant space game.
One bullet point was offline single player play.
They delivered a giant space game with online single player play.

So what? I don't ask that emotionally, as I fully get why people want refunds. I ask that legally. So what?
You can still play your space sim, which is the key part of the contract.
You can still play it single player.
You just can't play it offline.
This doesn't seem material, as what you really backed was a giant space sim.
And there just aren't damages. You can't quantify it. Every single person downloading it will be able to play it. Some, such as yourself, will just have outages, but how do you quantify outages as damages? It's an inconvenience, not a total block. It's a hassle. And, for a game many will play for hundreds of hours, not being able to play for some hours is hardly anything. If you take the $50, divide it across total hours played to get a dollars per hour cost, then apply that back to hours you couldn't play it's, what, $5 maybe?

I think it's more complex than that? If I can show that I bought the game expecting to have access to it 24/7, then the developer cancels the feature that limits my availability by 50%, and I can show that, isn't that material loss? If I hire someone to build me a truck with promised offroad capability, and one month before delivery he says "Oh, I decided to remove the offroad ability" and 50% of my driving is off-road, isn't that a material loss?
The thing is thought you didn't buy the game, you donated money to the developer to make a game and in return they will give you a copy of the finished product.
If you wanted to buy the game you'd have to wait until it is finished and decide whether or not what is in the final product worth your money.
I am not trying to justify them cutting a feature from the game it is shitty news I understand just try to explain how I see kickstarter and early access games.

It's kind of like SC gave us a minimum system requirement and said 8Gb ram minimum but by the time the game ships 16gb will be minimum for the game to even start on your computer. You can't ask for a refund then, heck you can't even ask for a refund now, all they give you is store credit lol

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 16:30.

96. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:46 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 15:35:
Meat, one thing has nothing to do with the other. This was a key promise and obviously one of the most important ones for a lot of people. They would not have given him money otherwise. If you bought the product specifically because you wanted offline solo play then no, it's not cool that it's no longer there and he owes people their money back, period. He could add a cupon for a free lapdance at your local peeler joint but that still doesn't satisfy those who bought it for a specific promise that he reneged on.
I know what you mean but my point is those people did not buy the game, they've founded the development, and those features were promised, not final.
I know this sucks but it is a totally different story than buying a product and on the box it says multiplayer and the game is single player only. Or buying a red Ferrari and you get a pink one.
It is the nature of any early access or kickstarter games, nothing is final until the game ships. Some things may get cut.

94. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:39 SpectralMeat

Mordhaus wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 15:34:
I will say this, at least SC gives refunds to anyone.
Store credit

78. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 14:59 SpectralMeat

FU wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:54:
Haha pretty much tough shit for backers who played. Especially if you back it, you dabbled with it a little.
Not really, I for one am not affected by the least by no offline mode. To be honest I wasn't even aware of this being promised.
As long as I can play single player on my own, on the pc that is always connected to the internet anyways I don't care one way or another.

"I will never pay for kickstarters" well might as well write Early Access down as well because it is the same shit, no refunds for EA either.
This should be pretty clear to everyone gamble their money on funding game development. It is not a finished game you are "buying" it is a to be developed game your are "founding"
Promised features may not make it in the game due to timelines and overall founding or in this case due to their vision for the game.
If you are not okay with that just don't give them your money, wait for the finished product.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 13:40 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:34:
Advanced Warfare may have been screwed with PC users because of the lack of dedicated servers, but still, 10 BILLION dollars from this franchise? Activision is never going to lose that cash boner in our lifetimes.

Expect yearly entries into CoD and the various spinoffs every year, regardless of nuclear apocalypse, global flooding or whatever other paltry events might foolishly try to interrupt the cycle.
Yep whatever happens there is one thing you can always count on, there's going to be a new CoD game out next year.
Oh and one more thing it will have paid DLC!

44. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:24 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:12:
Do you not understand concepts like principles?
Yeah it is too bad it doesn't work the other way around. They actually deliver more content than what was promised in the kickstarter campaign but noone got upset about that, you have to log in to their server to play the game and everyone wants to burn Braben in hell fire.
I know it is upsetting that they cut something so important to some people but I mean realistically they've had to have some sort of DRM and Braben also mentioned in his letter that they were trying to make this offline mode work until the last minute which is why they did not want to upset people.
This can sound like BS for most people but up until this point Braben and studio didn't give me the vibe that they are bullshitters.
The man behind that other space game however, well

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 12:53 SpectralMeat

Doesn't dedicated servers also usually means mod tools?
So people can play modded games on their private servers vs official?
I mean if there are mod tools that means $0 in DLC sales.
Horse armor and what not.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
86. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 12:45 SpectralMeat

I wonder why they don't start doing digital copy trade ins? That way when your traded in cd key gets sold again at a reduced price devs can have a cut too, and it would also boost new game sales.
I have a shit load of old games on my account I will never touch again, if I could trade those in even for $1 a piece I'd have much more incentive to pick something else up.
As of right now I just look at my list of games and think nahh I have plenty of games to play as it is, even though there are only a few in that huge list I really want to play, the rest just collects digital dust.

4840 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo