Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 5173 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts
1. Re: CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts Jan 16, 2015, 09:55 SpectralMeat

This and the other Cities game should sort out their naming because it's fucking confusing!  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
3. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 09:42 SpectralMeat

I want to know what makes W10 the best for gamers on the PC?

My guess is:
-share your gamertag between xbox and PC
-touchscreen support
-native xbox controller support
-kinect camera compatible with windows pc
-smart glass
-I don't know some other bullshit noone cares about we'll figure it out as we go

Hope support won't get cut anytime soon for Win7

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
622. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 08:54 SpectralMeat

No no. I have a Cobra now that is outfitted pretty well.
I am able to kill Asps and Federal Dropships with it no problem. Ai controlled ones I mean.
When I am flying around in that looking for a fight I don't mind being interdicted by players.
When I am flying the space transport truck I just play solo because there is no point being online other than being an easy prey for the douchebags looking for an easy kill.

620. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 08:39 SpectralMeat

Well the solo vs online kinda works that way currently.
I just play solo to avoid the headache of getting jacked by players. I can outrun the Ai in solo but with that said I was interdicted ones in solo heading to the station and the interdiction failed so I was able to continue on my way.

I am personally not a big fan of flying an unarmed transport ship and hoping not to get jacked. If I fly my armed to the teeth combat ship than it is fair game.
I did kill players in the beta, not in the real game yet.
That is the beautiful thing in this game, just because the enemy has a ship that is 5X more expensive than yours, it doesn't guarantee he will win in a dogfight. Even if he wins his repair bill can be far more costly than your insurance cost to get a replacement ship.
I've noticed many people still flies Cobras and Vipers as they are very capable ships especially for piracy, and cheap to replace

618. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 08:06 SpectralMeat

I don't think you can do that save and exit while in combat.
I remember trying to do that while in a combat zone and I got a 15-20 seconds timer without being attacked to exit.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 06:13 SpectralMeat

I did find that a bit weird too, but I guess they did it because there must be a demand for it. They don't force anyone to buy into that, but I don't blame them for doing it. Instead of beta access cost think of it as donation to the devs to support further development of the game. Which most people playing have no issue with because the game is fucking awesome!
If you look at it and think fuck you very much Frontier than feel free to ignore it. No harm done.

I have access to all the betas because I paid for the $150 tier before the game came out.
I happily spent that kind of money on this game because I am enjoying the shit out of it. The last game I've loved this much was EVE Online, that I spent far more money on playing it for a few years. $15 a month for subscription adds up.
Aside from the beta access I also get all the future DLCs for Elite. Looking at how much time I've spent in this game already for me this was a great investment. Far better than I did with games on Steam sales.

I love this game and can't wait to see the extra stuff they are releasing for it.
If anyone interested feel free to follow our "Elite diary" in the other 600+ post thread

615. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 05:51 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 22:32:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 22:28:
So is there any at all reasons for traders to play online?
Online play will become a battleground.

For fun?

Edit:
Sorry, that seemed harsh. Definitely play your own style. I just think once you have insurance money, you should play open mode. It can be thrilling, and the accounts of player griefing are greatly exaggerated.

Give me a call, I'll fly with you. (Goddamn it, if you don't know Star Trek, how will you know Top Gun?) How can you make me feel old on Bluesnews? What voodoo is this?
Oh I know Top Gun, just never really cared for Star Trek
I know what you mean about playing online vs offline, I have the insurance money but the cargo isn't insured.
I just play solo out of lazyness and to avoid getting ganked. When I am in the Cobra I play online.
Just when you've mentioned blockade and EvE online style douchebaggery it touched a nerve lol

611. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 22:28 SpectralMeat

So is there any at all reasons for traders to play online?
Online play will become a battleground.

608. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 22:20 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 22:15:
There's not much detail out yet, but, from what I've read, you can group with other players and share your missions. Essentially, you can make a fireteam of 6 people or so. Which is fucking crazy to traders trying to not get ganked.
yes can't traders hire a fire team to protect them also?
There is an option on the menu when you press play that is grayed out playing with friends.
I thought that is what they are bringing into the game so you can play with your friends and Ai.
If it will be only open to all and solo I will stick to solo. I see no benefits of playing online especially when doing trade runs.
The gankers can gank each other in the ass online 24/7

606. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 22:10 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 21:15:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 19:55:
Seems Eve is coming to Elite. I kind of am not looking forward to the "Wings release". I thought the whole point of not having guilds/corporations was to prevent fleets of douchebags blockading systems and griefing traders.
Yeah, if it becomes that way I'll just start playing solo.
I might be wrong but isn't the wings release is the one where you and your friends play coop against Ai?
Either way if they are going to start blockading systems I will just play solo.
If I wanted to play against douchbags I could just fire up eve online again

594. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 16:23 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 16:20:
*grumble* Just interdicted and destroyed by a fellow player for the first time. Even had shields, they had to interdict me four time before destroying me, was about 10 ls away from the station.
Ouch
Hope you've had insurance and you weren't doing the trade run

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU
9. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU Jan 15, 2015, 16:22 SpectralMeat

I am not saying there aren't great games that uses that graphics style, but it just seemed like for a while every single indie game that was coming out had the 8-bit graphics.
I didn't spend hundreds on graphics card to look at 8-bit graphics from 1985 lol

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Trailer; Bonus Signups
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Trailer; Bonus Signups Jan 15, 2015, 13:47 SpectralMeat

I start up Steam today and there is an ad for preordering Cities XXL. I wish these companies would sort out the naming it gets pretty fucking confusing.
I've had to look up the developer to make sure I did not preorder the wrong game as I was offered a 50% off promo price as a previous customer.

592. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 13:41 SpectralMeat

No never seen that sorry. You are way ahead of me there lol  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU
7. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU Jan 15, 2015, 13:28 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 13:22:
8 bit graphics.
Yeah I looked at this game and I was like man don't people get sick of this 8-bit graphics style already?
It was cute for games like Revenge of the Titans but I just auto ignore any games that uses this style now.

590. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 13:23 SpectralMeat

That sounds awesome!
What's a nacelles?

588. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:52 SpectralMeat

Oh okay it may have been a shorter route than. In that 11 stop loop there are a few stations that are not far from each other.  

586. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:41 SpectralMeat

Yeah no kidding.
I haven't tested it yet but I've noticed the other night I undocked and I forgot to set the new destination so just outside the station I went into the galaxy map and planned the route and it was almost in an instant the route was planned.

Not sure if it was a short distance from the station I was at or maybe the route planner works better outside of the station I will test it tonight.

Hope they will fix it up.

584. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:33 SpectralMeat

Dev update some exciting stuff coming: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99493

Hi everyone,

Following up on my post last week I will provide more information on our process moving forwards and dates for the next two major releases. As you’ve seen since the game’s initial release we have issued a number of point updates, the latest being 1.05 this morning. These are typically restricted to urgent and/or low risk changes and will continue on a regular basis as they allow us to respond as we need to. These aren’t scheduled in the same way as the major updates, but will be ongoing.

More significant updates allow us to add new features and content (as well as sweeping up a host of fixes and tweaks that haven’t been deemed suitable for the intermediate point releases).

Currently beta testing will be available for those who already have beta access for the main game. For players participating in the beta tests there will be a separate mechanism for playing so testing does not affect your game and that you can continue to play the retail version as well. Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available. Details will be made available nearer the time.

Depending on how the update Betas go in test, we expect them to be released to everyone a week or so after the Beta release.&#8203;

As you all know we’re also working on paid expansions for the game and these will have their own beta periods as well, we’ll again make details available of how this will work as we near their release.

The first planned significant update will be 1.1 and will enter beta in the first week of February. We’ll be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2’s major Wings update. We have some some good news for planners of long journeys - V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. We’re currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!

Looking further ahead there will be a 1.2 update which is planned to enter beta testing in the first week of March. The focus for this update will be Wings and other multiplayer goodness. I’ll provide more detail in future updates.

Thanks

Michael

583. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 10:04 SpectralMeat

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:57:
Gimballed cannons and fixed pulse? And that's just a basic scanner or the kill warrant scanner?
Basic scanner, and I made this video a while back, since then I went all gimballed weapons.
On the Cobra I found 2X gimballed beams and 2x gimballed multi cannons work best. For my dog fighting style anyways.
Not that I can not line up the target for the fixed weapons but gimballed helps me start shooting them sooner.

5173 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo