Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4412 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
7. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 10:42 SpectralMeat

No I wouldn't boycot anything the consoles need their Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous fix also but I would not buy a PS4 for this game.
If I already have a PS4 I would probably check this out.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 25, 2014, 09:43 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 09:39:
I'm confused as well...

what else is new

3. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 09:42 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 09:39:
wth, i thought they were developing it for PC too, they were using a fkn devkit ON A PC
Maybe it was at the beginning but then Sony opened up their wallet.

1. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 09:38 SpectralMeat

Ohh really?
Well do not tell that to PC Gamer magazine who selected this game as one of the best "PC games" on E3 - 2014

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 08:19 SpectralMeat

Go ahead I am sure the PCG guys won't mind
I am hearing a lot of positive things about this game. Only negative is the graphics engine really showing it's age now.
Especially when compared to games like Asseto Corsa which looks incredible, but no damage modeling there.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 06:34 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 21:39:
Does it have rubber banding, though? That's an absolute deal breaker for me.
Creston
Check out the PCGamer review. I've found it surprisingly informative.
Regarding rubber banding here is what they've had to say:

Perhaps the best thing Grid Autosport does is place you more often than not in the middle of the pack. There probably is some rubber-banding at work (a term our friend in games marketing no doubt hates, and would rather see replaced by PackSense or some such), but itís much subtler than any of Autosportís contemporaries. Youíre used to having slightly better acceleration than the AI in racing games (spoilers: thatís why you always win) but here, you donít. You have better brakes. That means in order to take a place, you need to line up an opponent, anticipate his braking point, then either brake slightly later or pick a wider line and brake earlier, hoping to carry more speed out of the apex. In either event, they usually repass you. Suddenly, 5th place becomes a towering achievement. Trying to fulfil a sponsor objective that demands you drive a clean race and still bag the podium necessary to win the championship becomes the single hardest and most rewarding thing youíve recently done in a racing game. Itís excellent.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 24, 2014, 20:33 SpectralMeat

It is not a review more of a preview but he is using steering wheel and triple screen setup in his rig.
I was reading the handling is a lot less twitchy compared to Grid2 so it should handle well with steering wheel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 11:12 SpectralMeat

Purchasing the game is just the first step in the spending spree.
Get the digital deluxe edition while supplies last!

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
3. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 10:01 SpectralMeat

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 09:56:
finally 'listening' to the fans
No such thing exist anymore

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 08:33 SpectralMeat

Rocker_lx wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 08:29:
The sleep is a mechanism for logging out of the game when you can't get to somewhere where you can dock or park your ship, AFAIK your ship will disappear and be protected from any attacks. Of course you have to be in calm space to use this option so that you can not exploit it.
Oh I see.
Thanks

News Comments > MS: "We Are Continuing to Support the GFWL Service"
40. Re: MS: Jun 24, 2014, 08:20 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 17:55:
But when you are putting out more than you are getting back, that isn't making money either. Consoles.
Yes but that is a different problem all together. That return of investment can be there if they get their act together and release a few system seller console exclusive games.
On the PC however there is no money to be made off gamers.

News Comments > The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced
19. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 24, 2014, 07:54 SpectralMeat

I think CGI was cool back in the day when the in game graphics weren't up to par, but these days some of the in game trailers look worst than the actual gameplay.
I personally am much much more interested to see some actual gameplay with the HUD and everything than some pre rendered stuff that isn't informative or useful at all.
Even if they would have done a trailer of showcasing some of the new features and what not, those trailers are much better at selling games than these pre rendered crap.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 07:45 SpectralMeat

All joking aside I am curious how those space cabins for sleeping etc will play out in the game. What is the point of those?
In terms of gameplay, I just don't understand the purpose of them.
While you are out flying your in game character will need sleep (kind of how it is in ETS2)?
If your in game character goes to sleep will your ship just hover in space or will it cloak or how will it be protected from pirates in the middle of nowhere?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 24, 2014, 07:30 SpectralMeat

Cpmartins wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 20:07:
Links: General FAQ : http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite:_Dangerous_FAQ

Be aware: Reading the whole faq will most likely than not make your wallet slimmer by 75 bucks, give or take some due to regional differences.

tl;dr : yes, all those options will be available
Thanks.
I've never bothered to read all that stuff.
I for one don't mind the pure MP gameplay. It makes it exciting to fly around and you never know who you are going to run into.
It makes the game exciting every single time you play it.
There is no difference between getting killed by Ai or by real players in terms of cost to replace your ship/equipment/cargo but still it hurts a little more when another player killed you not an Ai.

There are also some really awesome scenarios that can play out that scripted Ai can never be able to replicate.

For example:
Player pirate camping the gate of a space station and blows everyone up that exit. One by one people exiting the station get destroyed.
One of the guys who just got destroyed got into a free Sidewinder (you get this ship if you do not want to pay the insurance to have your ship/cargo/equipment replaced)
He hovers inside the station and waits for another player to exit the station.
Ones the other player exits he boosts through the gate and sees the pirate player attacking the ship that just exited.
While the pirate is busy this player locks on and start shooting at the pirate.
The pirate player tries to make a run for it but it is too late, he is done.
Bounty collected and the station entrance is safe ones again.

14. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 23, 2014, 20:04 SpectralMeat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 19:48:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 14:15:
I'd like to pick that up still but can't find any deals on it.
Maybe I'll just wait for this new one instead.
Uplay had it on their store for $7 during the E3 sale. g2a has it on for under $10 right now.
Thanks
I know it's been on sale several times on different places I just always miss out on it.
I think it's been $5 a few times

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies Jun 23, 2014, 20:02 SpectralMeat

akula89 wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 19:00:
A day early release! awesome. 4 factions and one of the best RTS games of all time? sign me up.
Nice first post

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2014, 15:29 SpectralMeat

There will be coop play and completely offline single player. Not sure about private servers and stuff.
As far as I understand you can decide if you want to open up your sandbox game to your friends to play coop keep it locked to single player only so everyone you meet in the game is Ai controlled or have it fully open MP so everyone you meet in the game can be another player.

It is still early beta so a lot of these things are not finalized, but as far as I know you can play the game however your heart desires, but ones again not sure if you will have access to the actual server files to host your own game. Also most of the systems are procedurally generated so I am not 100% sure how the meet up with your friends will work, as in carry your single player game progress over into MP or coop.

9. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 23, 2014, 15:24 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:21:
I suppose we'll see if this is any good... when they have something to show ~.~

Never will understand what the point of these "pre-announce" announces is. As in: They don't tell us anything at all about the game, yet expect us to somehow care about it... like seriously, what is the point of that?
I know what you mean. I'll be pissed if the actual announcement will be another pre rendered trailer.
Why can't they do a 10 minutes long gameplay video with dev commentary or something similar.
It is 2014 not 1999. Noone cares about pre rendered crap.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2014, 14:19 SpectralMeat

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 14:03:
This game just looks so... relaxing. You know, just floating thru space, nary a care.
Well it is kind of like that until another player sneak up and attack you.
It feels kind of like EVE Online in many different ways, but in first person view of course, and with direct control of your ship.

4. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 23, 2014, 14:15 SpectralMeat

Darks wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 13:56:
I liked the previous game,
I'd like to pick that up still but can't find any deals on it.
Maybe I'll just wait for this new one instead.

4412 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo