Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4691 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 09:32 SpectralMeat

I am not a huge fan of this pixel art style either but there are a few games that are really awesome and this pixel art style fits them, like Revenge of the Titans for example.
This game looks interesting, I might pick it up on sale down the road.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
14. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 15:43 SpectralMeat

Public games are going to be a shit show either way. Just like with L4D if your team mates do not work with you, might as well play CoD instead.  

9. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 14:35 SpectralMeat

Omni wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 14:34:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 14:15:
Omni wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:53:
Another Over hyped game relying on passed successes, nothing new nothing innovating. Would rather still be hidden HL mod than this shit.

Basically same candy with another colour.
I wouldn't be able to tell this much from the system specs but good info thanks

Yea I was going of topic but just watch and see how the game will turn out. I am glad you care hopeful I saved you soul and money.
I was just sarcastic but I know what you mean.
Hopefully the game will turn out alright but it is a wait and see for me.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
17. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 27, 2014, 14:16 SpectralMeat

I better give this a try.
Does anyone know where can I get some free time on sale these days?

7. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 14:15 SpectralMeat

Omni wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:53:
Another Over hyped game relying on passed successes, nothing new nothing innovating. Would rather still be hidden HL mod than this shit.

Basically same candy with another colour.
I wouldn't be able to tell this much from the system specs but good info thanks

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:38 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:23:
overall its a fantastic game and story, some of the best characterization in a video game so far.
I think that is one of the staples of Naughty Dog. I've always enjoyed their games.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2014, 09:13 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:23:
Introducing The Full-Body Mouse.

I like the idea, if for nothing else it would be cool to have a mouse/kbd or controller that required moving your whole body so you could game and exercise at the same time. Especially the kids.
Isn't that what the Kinect supposed to be on the xbox?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 23, 2014, 12:27 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:21:
Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65-90.

Holy shit, an FOV option? Did Bobby approve this? DID BOBBY APPROVE THIS??!!!

The FOV slider is only available in the single player portion of the game, in MP that would be cheating!

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off
15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 23, 2014, 11:21 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 02:30:
Can't believe a grownup person wrote that. That is really, really chidishly fucked up.
Yeah no shit.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2014, 22:27 SpectralMeat

John wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 20:43:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 14:32:
The 6" screen is way too small still to see all the details in youtube videos imo.
The smaller the screen, the closer you have to get to it.. that's all. A 5" screen can look like a 70" TV if it's close enough.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2014, 14:48 SpectralMeat

Well by small I mean in the 5" range.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2014, 14:32 SpectralMeat

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 12:36:
I have a iPhone 6+ and use it like I did my last phone, but it also takes the place of my iPad.
For me that would never work.
I need a phone to make phone calls check e-mails and watch some vids on the go but nothing too crazy. A 5" display is perfect for my needs. I wouldn't want to replace my tablet with just a giant phone. The 6" screen is way too small still to see all the details in youtube videos imo.

Screens 8" and up are great for videos, websites, reading, etc. Stuff you'd use a tablet for.
I wouldn't want to carry around a big hunk of a phone that tries to be the jack of all trades, master of none. To big to use as a phone only too small to use as a tablet.

Well that is me and I understand we all have different needs/uses, but I do hope manufacturers will continue making smaller cell phones in the future because this current trend of bigger is better isn't really true for everything.

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
6. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 10:55 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 10:36:
How many of these recent space games have been released? Are out of alpha/beta? Or are not complete fuckups??
It is not that there have been so many released, but so many are coming out! It looks like everyone and their dog is working on space themed games these days.
I am not complaining just saying.

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
4. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 10:20 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 09:23:
Space games are the new MOBA?
Yeah lots of new space games lately. There is still room for some pixel art space games?
It is almost time to bring back the WWI or WWII shooters now.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off
3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 22, 2014, 09:50 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 09:48:
Also heard some grumblings about the game being DOA, as in supposedly it wont be getting much in the way of support once its released.
Oh that would suck big time

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2014, 09:45 SpectralMeat

I don't really like Google going all "flagship" with their pricing. I did like their previous affordable off contract phones that were decent in specs. Would have been nice to have a smaller version of the Nexus 6 also. Kind of how there is 2 different versions of iPhones for people who doesn't want to carry a tablet in their pocket.

I always thought that the Nexus lineup was Google's pure Android experience devices at affordable prices. Here in Canada the Nexus6 is $750+shipping and taxes ($860 total). That is Apple pricing.
I am sure the phone is premium and top of the line but so are all the other Android flag ships phones out there that are coming out almost every few months.

It is a crowded market they want to compete in. The last gen Nexus phones were in much better position to sell a shit ton of devices imo, than the N6 is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 13:47 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:24:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:20:
Can't you have them deliver at work? Or arrange for delivery after 6PM? Maybe it's different here in the states.
That is what I usually do as well, just get the shipments come to my work.

Well that'd be even more an hassle considering I don't drive to work with a car ;p
Me neither, I ride a bicycle to work, but most times the packages that I order online are small so I can carry them home in my backpack.
If it is something bigger than I just drive to work that one day. Still a heck of a lot less hassle than get it delivered to my place than go to pick it up after work or the next day etc.

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 13:24 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:20:
Can't you have them deliver at work? Or arrange for delivery after 6PM? Maybe it's different here in the states.
That is what I usually do as well, just get the shipments come to my work.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 11:22 SpectralMeat

PropheT wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 11:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:29:
It blows my mind how some Chinese websites can offer free shipping on items that costs less than $1!

I had a monitor I bought from South Korea sent to me here in the U.S., and the shipping label when I got it was $12 if I remember right. I was amazed at how little it cost to ship it, and it was only 3 days to arrive from the time I ordered it.
From Canada, though... it's nuts, customs delays everything way more than it should and I mostly quit buying things from up there because of the shipping costs -- unless it's sent by DHL, and they like to play football with anything they carry.
Yeah I don't understand. It's like the shipping companies make it difficult to ship across the boarder. Just fucking stupid.
I know you can rent a box at the boarder and get the item shipped there but with fuel prices these days you usually don't end up in any better shape than just pay the ridiculous shipment cost if the item isn't available from an oversees seller.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
63. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 21, 2014, 10:39 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:25:
Wow...

No shit!
Some people takes their video games way too seriously, especially when it comes to CoD I guess.

4691 Comments. 235 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo